Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE[Steve] When will there be clan content?

GefestXXL

Just now, Corvid said:

As someone who loathes forced coop and prefers to do most things solo (I find playing alongside others to be too much like a race to really enjoy myself, as I prefer to take my time and comb through the map), I have to say that I'd prefer if they kept clans as a mostly background thing rather than tying significant gameplay to them as a group activity.

I can understand that, but there are ways around it to give both sides something. Like keeping the rewards exclusively as beneficial to clans and not individuals without using groundbreaking new features that people feel they'd miss out on. Or having the same system useable by an individual or the masses. For example: If not in clan>Solo progression. If in clan>Scaling group progression. Or even jut giving everyone access to both, at the same time. 

1 minute ago, NecroPed said:

Like keeping the rewards exclusively as beneficial to clans and not individuals without using groundbreaking new features that people feel they'd miss out on.

That's still dev time taken away from something I might enjoy for the sake of something I find stressful, so I hope that you can understand why I wouldn't be supportive of this in any form.

2 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

For example: If not in clan>Solo progression. If in clan>Scaling group progression.

This would screw me over directly, as I am in a clan (Founding Warlord of the Disciples of Balance). All but one of the members of said clan are people that I don't interact with, and the exception is someone I know IRL who handles most of the clan management.

4 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Or even jut giving everyone access to both, at the same time. 

That would be the best, but then it would beg the question of why the clan aspect is even necessary.

Just now, Corvid said:

That's still dev time taken away from something I might enjoy for the sake of something I find stressful, so I hope that you can understand why I wouldn't be supportive of this in any form.

Not necessarily. Developers often have different teams for different tasks and it's entirely possible that they could have people dedicated entirely to clan content. 

This would screw me over directly, as I am in a clan (Founding Warlord of the Disciples of Balance). All but one of the members of said clan are people that I don't interact with, and the exception is someone I know IRL who handles most of the clan management.

I can understand that. But, scaling rewards and effort with clan tiers helps this as well as what is mentioned below.

That would be the best, but then it would beg the question of why the clan aspect is even necessary.

To give clans something to work together towards, while contributing directly to the dojo without taking away from an individuals inventory. Simultaneously rewarding them. 

8 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Not necessarily. Developers often have different teams for different tasks and it's entirely possible that they could have people dedicated entirely to clan content. 

Yes, and dedicating a team to clan content means that team isn't going to be working on non-clan content. When you're dealing with a company that has a fixed number of devs, personnel assignment becomes a zero-sum game.

Look, I simply don't think we're going to see eye to eye on this, DeathFoot.

Just now, NecroPed said:

Well, I'm sorry then, but I think you have a selfish mentality about this.

Again, it's a zero-sum game, so I kinda have to be. You can probably tell by the other thread that I'm not against finding compromises when they're straightforward, but creating this type of clan content would likely require significant/continuous investment from DE, which would (as previously mentioned) detract from development of things that I would enjoy.

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

Again, it's a zero-sum game, so I kinda have to be. You can probably tell by the other thread that I'm not against finding compromises when they're straightforward, but creating this type of clan content would likely require significant/continuous investment from DE, which would (as previously mentioned) detract from development of things that I would enjoy.

Not necessarily, especially if the content is made in a way that benefits both individuals and clans. And keeps clan contribution to benefiting the clan. Then you too, have the content and are not missing out. The developers are not splitting their time between clan and non clan content, while pleasing both sides. And the people who want clan content have something, rather than nothing. While you get to enjoy all the content you already enjoy.

Heaven forbid if a large group of people would like to see a real competition betwwen clans, and/or alliances. Or that people willing to put time and effort into a group effort should get any sort of reward, unless everyone gets the reward. Don't like doing liches? DE should just give everyone kuva weapons. Boss to hard to fight? DE nerf it so everyone can beat it. Everyone gets a gold trophy, to heck with that competition nonsense...

4 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

What does that have to do with anything i said?

I should be the one asking what your response has anything to do with what I said. You dont fit in the group I mentioned but went out of your way to give us your history with clans and just ask what was the point of it and then dismiss it as "pointless and dumb" because it doesnt apply to you.

You ask what me quoting @Tesseract7777 has to do with what you said? You asked a question "what was the point of this story", his post was point of my first post. 

And now I notice, I wasnt the one who gave a "story" in the end... I just made an observation.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I should be the one asking what your response has anything to do with what I said. You dont fit in the group I mentioned but went out of your way to give us your history with clans and just ask what was the point of it and then dismiss it as "pointless and dumb" because it doesnt apply to you.

You ask what me quoting @Tesseract7777 has to do with what you said? You asked a question "what was the point of this story", his post was point of my first post. 

And now I notice, I wasnt the one who gave a "story" in the end... I just made an observation.

I just stated a fact. No matter what DE or other game developers do to "encourage" being a part of these communities, it won't work by trying to strong-arm it. "I'm forced to join a clan" is a legitimate complaint. Not everyone is willing to even check if a clan is recruiting because they aren't intrested in the slightest in joining any. I guess DE just learned their lesson, so there is less clan events as most people don't give a damn. You can try to encourage DE to shove it down everyones throat, but i hope they wouldn't be dumb enough to do that. Although when we consider it's DE, they might be. Well good luck with that.

I have not seen one valid reason DE should not create a clan based event/content, just because you as a player do no like or choose to not interact with other does not mean that is a valid reason for content to not exist. I play Elder scrolls online, every year they have their PVP event, I HATE pvp in ESO so I never participate in the event regardless of the rewards, my hating of pvp and the event does not and should no have any baring the fun of others.

I want clan content to be optional, not mandatory to the main progression of the game or will bite you in the butt in the long run. How to achieve that? No Exclusives. Say that DE releases some new powerful weapon that can be acquired in two ways

1. Clan Activity that is Faster and Efficient.

2. Other activities that is slower, but it won't lock others out.

As for client activities.. they can bring solar rails back as PvE content. You get access to a special node, No exclusive rewards but you get normal resources drop slightly more efficient, better than the current dark sector nodes. 

I feel like Warframe's clan structure is well positioned to satisfy basically everyone. I'm running a solo clan and I've got everything except the Hema and the new Infested grenade launcher thingy. Can a soloer compete on leaderboards with other clans? No, but if we were interested in that sort of thing, we wouldn't be running a solo clan in the first place.

Put in all the clan content you want. Running a solo clan is NBD.

15 hours ago, FRTE_Ret5o said:

Yeah the thing is that it WAS a thing. 

The dark sectors in each planet (infested nodes) was a place where alliances coud deploy a solar rail(investigation in orokin research).

And each alliance coud put a % of drops gained in that nodule send to them, anyone who did the nodule send a benefit to the owner of the nodule.

Was removed a long long time ago.

You know, cause people was "forced" to join a clan.

This sounds a little different of what was told to me - it was something like a squad of 100+ people fighting agains another squad of 100+ people.
At the time I didn't know almost nothing about the game and it sounded believable. XD

hace 27 minutos, vegetosayajin dijo:

This sounds a little different of what was told to me - it was something like a squad of 100+ people fighting agains another squad of 100+ people.
At the time I didn't know almost nothing about the game and it sounded believable. XD

Yeah, that is not wrong either, to deploy a solar rail you must destroy the existing one, so yeah defend or atack the solar rail was a thing. Forgot that part.

Therapist: "Executor Sinclair isn't real, he can't hurt you."

Executor Sinclair: "Salt gives you strength, but you cannot deny your developer!"

the problem with clan stuff is that not everybody wants to do it, probably due to past experience of previous research grinds leaving a bad taste in one's mouth (yes, I'm referring to Hema). some people don't have enough members in their clan to enjoy a properly-clan based gameplay system, and some simply don't want to. personally I'm fine with clan research and I'd love for more things to do in the Dojo, even if they're just minigames. 

if they just made the decorating engine NOT feel like trying to wrestle with a giant bar of soap with hands covered in oil, I'd be doing a lot more decorating, and spending time in the Dojo that way. 

On 2020-12-02 at 7:24 PM, Methanoid said:

you can easily do the railjack rubbish as a 1 man clan.

Its too hard for some. Look here:

Being in a clan is a chance to have p...p-pppp-pepe---pepep-PEOPLE IN IT, HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived