Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros getting 1 shotted; we need gating mechanism for him

(PSN)Muralivilla

Okay whenever people said shield gating... I was like meh..... i have Inaros i dont care.... I used him yesterday after a very long while and this happened in 5mins of SP I was like WhatTheHell!

How about a simple change to his 4th ability-Scrab Armor work like shield for Inaros.

(or)

put him in coffin animation and he comes out with 50%/20% of his full health(instead of dying) and he gets 2 or 3secs of invulnerability state.

Inaros needs a rework
I know he's still strong and viable. Being suddenly one-shot doesn't make him weak or anything.

But for god sakes his 2 and 3 are in the top 15 most replaced abilities. Just let the Mummy guy actually follow his lore and protect his teammates and stuff

Helminth should not be a sorry half excuse to fix him.

This is more likely a problem with these acolytes than a problem with Inaros. See, he has almost 50k EHP with a proper Umbral Build and without counting adaptation or arcanes. That is a lot of damage, seriously, I had to fight enemies lvl 300+ to receive damage close to that. 

They're just way too strong, not to mention they have the same ability of cancelling skills that Stalker has.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)XG1anBl4derX said:

They're just way too strong, not to mention they have the same ability of cancelling skills that Stalker has.

I think two of the Acolytes have abilities that can disable Tenno abilities... but nothing as effective or persistent as Stalker's Dispel. And some of them can be telegraphed. And, on top of that, Acolytes are really really easy to kill... Stalker is not only a cheater casting Dispel every second (literally) which has a map-wide effect, he's also a bullet sponge in Steel Path. I don't even waste time on him in Steel Path anymore. I don't even want anything he drops!

IMHO, working as intended against the acolytes. and SP Stalker. If transference is timed right and there is Magus Repair, usually not an issue with Inaros. Acolytes die very fast, around 5-10 seconds, and Stalker can be kited if needed.

Maybe play a frame that is not as braindead as Inaros? Maybe one with abilities that help you against the ,,OP'' Acolyth ? Inaros' ability is his Healthpool in the opinion of most people. Also your  build doesnt seem very refined so may we take a look at it ? maybe explains the easy one shot. Inaros is not immortal and one shots are actually ,,missing'' in warframe,shieldgating is a stupid mechanic that saves people from dieng too easy by spamming abilities,its a dumb concept,do what you normally do (using abilites) to save yourself  from dieng? it does not even have a cooldown like rolling guard,its simply overpowered. 

On 2021-01-02 at 5:29 AM, -Kittens- said:

Happens all the time, but as far as the devs are concerned working as intended, as we can see from Inaros prime junk stats.

Junk stats? what did you expect,20k HP?

On 2021-01-03 at 2:09 AM, (XBOX)XG1anBl4derX said:

This is more likely a problem with these acolytes than a problem with Inaros. See, he has almost 50k EHP with a proper Umbral Build and without counting adaptation or arcanes. That is a lot of damage, seriously, I had to fight enemies lvl 300+ to receive damage close to that. 

way too strong? (more like player too weak) they are supposed to be mini bosses which occur in a certain time period,they are not supposed to be another stupid mob that you can kill easily with Inaros standing in their face spamming the E button

On 2021-01-02 at 6:45 AM, Shaburanigud said:

Inaros needs a rework
I know he's still strong and viable. Being suddenly one-shot doesn't make him weak or anything.

But for god sakes his 2 and 3 are in the top 15 most replaced abilities. Just let the Mummy guy actually follow his lore and protect his teammates and stuff

Helminth should not be a sorry half excuse to fix him.

Helminith is a excuse for all needed reworks,not just Inaros. 

Gerade eben schrieb -Kittens-:

I like how you defeated your own argument with "just play another frame".

Riveting content.

That argument was for another point, your point is the prime has S#&$ty stats,i was simply asking what kind of stats did you expect

From the devs themselves: 

"Mobility is rewarded."

Why do these sub-par players continue to literally stand in one spot, let an enemy kill them, and say "See what gives DE!?"

How about you make that same video with you, you know....bullet jumping, rolling, shooting the target while in the air or really anything except standing still?

On 2021-01-03 at 4:27 PM, -Kittens- said:

I like how you defeated your own argument with "just play another frame".

Riveting content.

Well some people think telling the player to simply be better is kind of insulting and toxic. 

I laughed out loud when I saw you get deleted lmao You even had your scarab up! Were you using the anti-status augment for it?

To be honest, I think that scaling the damage that enemies deal to the point where it destroys 7k health frames is pretty dumb. If I wanted to experience one-shot gameplay, I'd play Hotline Miami. On the other hand it forces the player to actually use specific gear to overcome certain challenges, which is a good thing. It means that you have to master several "classes" instead of being able to tank through everything with the same setup.

So I think that not having a shield-gate is a pretty good trade off for a dumb meat frame like Inaros. Perhaps he SHOULD have that 1 weakness? I mean, endurance players normally avoid health and armor mods on their builds EXACTLY because at some point, no matter how much DR you have, you'll still be nuked. And Inaros is THE health-based frame. So maybe he's simply not suited for steel path when it comes to taking hits, as ironic as that sounds.

use Helminth to add an EHP Ability to Inaros, to help compensate for his overall inadequacy that he's always had. don't expect going back to the drawing board for the Warframe, even though that's definitely warranted now after Health Type/Shield/Et Cetera changes.
or a CC Ability, that could help too.

18 minutes ago, Lone_Dude said:

You even had your scarab up!

i mean, people greatly overvalue how helpful the Armor Bonus from Scarab Swarm is. +23.5% EHP on top of 3/3 Umbral.
it's not like it's instantly the difference between dying or not, you just take a bit less Damage.

1 hour ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

That argument was for another point, your point is the prime has S#&$ty stats,i was simply asking what kind of stats did you expect

I suggest you look at Valkyr Chroma Rhino and Nezha's stat differences before spewing ignorance.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

be better

There is no be better versus tracking and using TRU VALUE™ dark souls fat roll does very little against tracking with less than half a second convergence and aoe. If DE intended Inaros to be the king of face tanking, their mechanical scaffolding for such is simply junk, and sticking on mods designed for Nyx/Loki is a leaky ass band aid.

Given that other frames contain a literal NO button of varying types and degrees says rather plainly this is a design oversight, simple as.

On 2021-01-02 at 6:26 AM, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

Okay whenever people said shield gating... I was like meh..... i have Inaros i dont care.... I used him yesterday after a very long while and this happened in 5mins of SP I was like WhatTheHell!

This isnt even a case like the Raptors puch-through-warframe-thick wall laser or toxic ancient invisible 2 tick mega breath with disjointed animation and no real windup difference from its regular idle animation.

Its a 2s glowing charge time assassin headshotting you as you are turning without blocking on melee standing still and no puncture adaption stacks (against level scaled opticor stats).

vor 8 Minuten schrieb -Kittens-:

I suggest you look at Valkyr Chroma Rhino and Nezha's stat differences before spewing ignorance.

There is no be better versus tracking and using TRU VALUE™ dark souls fat roll does very little against tracking with less than half a second convergence and aoe. If DE intended Inaros to be the king of face tanking, their mechanical scaffolding for such is simply junk, and sticking on mods designed for Nyx/Loki is a leaky ass band aid.

Given that other frames contain a literal NO button of varying types and degrees says rather plainly this is a design oversight, simple as.

Oh i think he is designed as a braindead tank. But there are only 2 tanks in this game over the years one died,the First one was Wukong with the OLD defy,a tank at any level,the second one is revenant with mesmer skin,also a tank at any level,everything else is hard to kill at best but not a tank. (Maybe valkyr too,if you count her 4th  since u cant use anything but her claws its up to you if  you count it or not)

29 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i mean, people greatly overvalue how helpful the Armor Bonus from Scarab Swarm is. +23.5% EHP on top of 3/3 Umbral.
it's not like it's instantly the difference between dying or not, you just take a bit less Damage.

That's why I said "even" - he bothered to have it up and even that didn't help. Also, read the following sentence. If it stopped a DoT proc from an attack that strong it would make A LOT of difference.

15 hours ago, nslay said:

I think two of the Acolytes have abilities that can disable Tenno abilities..

So far, only Violence can nullify abilities with Banshee's Silence. Conversely, you can do the same to them with Banshee's Silence by nullifying them. People tend to underestimate Acolytes like Malice Magnetizing people or Mania lifting a Mesa with his Lacera.

2 hours ago, Lone_Dude said:

I laughed out loud when I saw you get deleted lmao You even had your scarab up! Were you using the anti-status augment for it?

On topic, but OP got Magnetized by Malice. Magnetize amplifies all damage the victim takes, and since he took an amplified Opticor from Malice, it's not surprising that he died from that. Scarab Swarm does nothing against that raw damage Malice can do.

35 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

On topic, but OP got Magnetized by Malice. Magnetize amplifies all damage the victim takes, and since he took an amplified Opticor from Malice, it's not surprising that he died from that. Scarab Swarm does nothing against that raw damage Malice can do.

Seems legit to me. It ain't a status effect but an ability. Perhaps the cast was too fast, but as others pointed out, OP was an easy stationary target.

3 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Yes, a design oversight in the players ability to use the movement system. Edit: and actually attack the enemy. 

There is a corpus unit that scales badly and seems to skyrocket in stats. I had a moment where i was one shotted out of my necramech with 10k ability shield and full shield and health mod. it ignored shield gating and my operator instantly died when they popped out and i was sent all the way back to where my WR was standing.

At the end of another mission the whole team was instantly downed at the exit. 3 of use standing there one of them Inaros and the 4th person got downed before they could reach the exit trigger wall.

There is a broken unit in this mission and I call back to when the Grattlers on the Plains where one-shotting whole groups on low level missions there. I think this is a case that DE musta put in some system so that the units in the mission pose more of a thread to the Necramech cause the Grattler problem was they where doing Archwing damage to us in Non Archwing mode.

But the issue is the scaling probably keeps going up every time you exit and enter the Necramech so it keeps going up and up and up instead of resetting.

This is not a problem with Inaros. Any health based Warframe who's taken a couple of stray hits will get one shot by some of the acolytes. Not sure which they are off hand, but Malice is one of them. They have a few attacks between them that are absurdly overtuned, and anything that doesn't have a gating mechanic will get one shot by them.

In Malice's case I think it's actually the Opticor, which is why sometimes Malice spawns off in the distance, and you just instantly die before you can even pan your camera to them.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb --Q--FSK41:

Oh i think he is designed as a braindead tank. But there are only 2 tanks in this game over the years one died,the First one was Wukong with the OLD defy,a tank at any level,the second one is revenant with mesmer skin,also a tank at any level,everything else is hard to kill at best but not a tank. (Maybe valkyr too,if you count her 4th  since u cant use anything but her claws its up to you if  you count it or not)

Mom would like to talk with you.

If link doesn't work: 

22 hours ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

*Laughs in Rhino and Baruuk*

Archived