Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What/where is DE's transparent customer feedback strategy?

We know there are millions of opinions and ideas from WF players about what we like and dislike and what we want to see in the game. I'm not talking about bugs, I'm talking about customer satisfaction, customer experience and future product development. What system does DE use to properly collect and analyze customer feedback? Do they publish polls on twitter? Do they skim the forums and reddit for common themes? Are they transparent about this process in any way? Forum threads are not a legitimate feedback solution. 

It seems to me that presenting polls/questionnaires linked to WF accounts would be the most transparent/effective approach. Tying the data to accounts would allow DE to categorize feedback by activity level, account age, monetization level, etc. 

I started playing about 5 months ago, and I've never been sent any kind of questionnaire about my new player experience. DE has never contacted me to solicit my feedback about anything in the game. I tried Genshin Impact recently and was almost immediately sent a survey which I completed for an in-game reward, so I know this isn't a radical concept in the F2P space. 

I'm very curious for someone at DE to enlighten us as to what feedback system/strategy is used at DE. After all, transparency is one of DE's core pillars. I encourage the community to get this query in front of DE on the devstream Q&A this Friday. 

Everyone here is familiar with Apple's success. Consider: 

In recent years, Apple has consistently taken a top spot in customer satisfaction rankings. This is due, in part, to the fact that Apple relies on customer knowledge for innovation and improvement. Over the years, the company has adopted a variety of customer feedback strategies including, yes, market research to forge its path as a worldwide tech leader, always reminding customers that "Apple welcomes your feedback on its products."

Feedback surveys have proven to be an especially useful way for Apple to gather customer insights. The company emails surveys to customers immediately after they have made a purchase. Customers are asked to rate their satisfaction level and how likely they are to purchase again. Because the surveys are sent immediately after a purchase, Apple is able to capture quick, accurate feedback while a transaction is still fresh in the customer’s mind.

We used to have polls on various topics now and again on the Forums. I do agree though that surveys through the in-game inbox with a built Forma or a Catalyst as a reward for completion would be the simple and effective way to gauge feedback tied to a player's account.

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

We used to have polls on various topics now and again on the Forums. I do agree though that surveys through the in-game inbox with a built Forma or a Catalyst as a reward for completion would be the simple and effective way to gauge feedback tied to a player's account.

If it requires giving rewards for players to fill out a quick survey that says it all without needing to read the response.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)LuctorNonMergor said:

In recent years, Apple has consistently taken a top spot in customer satisfaction rankings. This is due, in part, to the fact that Apple relies on customer knowledge for innovation and improvement.

Search on youtube Louis Rossmann

Any video he talks about apple is all you need to know about that company and what their customers are for them

Then you will understand the difference between taking opinions listing to customers pretending you care
And using them like money dispensers

DE is nothing like them

But 1 thing to understand
We had tons of great ideas but in the end for starters all of them take time resources and changes game in 1 way or another
Like simple idea of key to simulacrum which you need to grind for and buy from simaris should allow you to access simulacrum from your orbiter

And yet almost none of that kind of ideas were not implemented
We need to keep in mind devs have different view on the game and what is important than we do
They need to think of a changes that will make game more populated and will bring them money where we think about QoL changes

Now question is do You really believe any poll would improve anything in warframe since in so many years of warframe existence there are still bugs or unfinished stuff that go way buck few years?

Im happy with what i get from warframe dont get me wrong i just dont see how poll would help anything

Wanna see something better than poll? Observe what happen in general discussion section on forum after each update

1 minute ago, ZeroX4 said:

Any video he talks about apple is all you need to know about that company and what their customers are for them

Then you will understand

I'm a former Apple global program manager with over 32yrs of gaming experience. I was with the company during the release and rise of the iPhone and iPad. I understand what goes on behind the scenes there, in fact I worked with a PhD statistician to orchestrate many surveys during my tenure there. We valued feedback very much. But Apple is just my go-to example, you can google "customer feedback management" or any similar term to learn about the value of a structured system for collating customer feedback data. You will be unable to cite a professional source stating that forum threads are an adequate tool. 

I gave up on apple when they released the mp3 player the shuffle.

They had decided to make the plug unique to apple lamer move in and of itself, but then the headphones never worked.

I go online turns out the entire product line had a malfunction for all headphones for that generation.

Then I ask for a refund, which they refuse, but tell me to send them the headhphones and a check for $250, if I want the headphones replaced.

That's not even including their messed up forced apple application, which obviously connects to their store, to load the mp3 files.

Needless to say, never bought anything apple ever again. Apple is in my top 10 worst consumer experiences of my entire life.

As for feedback on warframe, they know it all too well already, since they never get a moment's rest. The players are kind enough to spam the forums and social media about all the problems, across timezones, year around :D

We have like a day shift and a night shift, depending on which timezone you are in, so we can make sure to keep up the constant pressure.

I have been asking for this multiple times , every time i read a DE employees post that says "feedback is important to us" i just go 😒

If it was really important to them they would have a more convenient mechanism to collect and showcase it - they dont even have polls as an option IN A FORUM!, not even the ability to agree or disagree as a vote,

They dont really want feedback , they want a means to feel validated in their actions by cherry picking comments , in my opinion.

If they actually got genuine actionable feedback in a concise format i feel they would not like what they see as they wouldn't be able to simply ignore it.

I have hopes for the new trello board (assuming it lasts and is repeated) as well as the new ownership to fix that aspect.

Generally speaking where they get most, if not literally all of it, is from the forums (mostly the megathreads) and sometimes out of Twitter or the subreddit. And in some cases they've gone and directly taken player metrics to gauge feedback.

So no they're not directly surveying players but almost every time something has been changed, reworked, or updated it's because it's something a lot players have asked for so they certainly are taking and using player feedback posted to the forums. Also they do encourage players to post in the megathreads which are directly linked from patchnotes when new featured/reworks go live.

There is however one exception being the two times they've used the test server so far. The primary way they collect feedback from testers there is through a series of polls asking general opinions on the tested content on top of their own megathreads for additional feedback. And a decent bit of that did go and influence changes made for the live releases.

Also they used to(?) poll the design counsel but as that was a closed off group of players and generally just decided things like what frame themes/abilities got made it wasn't much for taking feedback. Also users in the counsel have said DE mostly stopped using it for that purpose so it seems a bit defunct now anyways but was last used for picking the winner of the frame theme competition which lead to Xaku's creation.

The Trello is a good step:

https://trello.com/b/K34ACrAu/pc-update-29100-bug-feedback-tracking

It seems to be a community team thing, though a more connected roadmap (eg https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/release-view) would be even better. Having a visible pool of known feedback with planned responses so the community knows what DE is thinking would do wonders.

For 2019 there was this: https://imgur.com/a/OFmamMu , https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cGYRRDt_jHBhB9TIROfMsnWt1wTVil5M  And I feel like I've heard about email surveys, but I don't think I've ever seen one.  

Why aren't they more systematic about this though?  I don't know.  I have ideas and suspicions, but nothing concrete. 

But generally speaking, as a casual observer, content consumer, and even a fan, "systematic" is not on my list of adjectives for describing DE in any capacity.

3 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Then you will understand the difference between taking opinions listing to customers pretending you care
And using them like money dispensers

DE is nothing like them

But 1 thing to understand
We had tons of great ideas but in the end for starters all of them take time resources and changes game in 1 way or another
Like simple idea of key to simulacrum which you need to grind for and buy from simaris should allow you to access simulacrum from your orbiter

And yet almost none of that kind of ideas were not implemented
We need to keep in mind devs have different view on the game and what is important than we do
They need to think of a changes that will make game more populated and will bring them money where we think about QoL changes

Now question is do You really believe any poll would improve anything in warframe since in so many years of warframe existence there are still bugs or unfinished stuff that go way buck few years?

Im happy with what i get from warframe dont get me wrong i just dont see how poll would help anything

Wanna see something better than poll? Observe what happen in general discussion section on forum after each update

Of the community could vote on what bugs to fix next, yes I think that would help a lot.

DE is actually quite good at fixing bugs, this game, like most, has a lot. If they weren’t fixing them at all it would’ve fallen apart completely.

If the community had a clearer way of directing DE to the bugs that really bothered them, DE’s efforts would be much more observable and likely more appreciated.

As said already, if surveys were offered with a reward for completing it, then, I imagine, obnoxious people would try to just graffiti the form in crayon with nonsense or crude insults and happily wander off with free forma.

What I think OP could be happy with is a live poll in the orbiter that perhaps changes once a week. Once you've clicked it, it stays there as a 'Thank you for answering this poll, results will be displayed next week alongside a new poll and rewards will be delivered then.' This way, you have to wait a week for a freebie while being tempted to wait and see what the result was while being tempted to answer more feedback... see?

The problem is trying to sort out serious answers from the silly ones like when everybody put 'Jedi' as their religion in the UK Census a decade or two ago. :P

But, as always, if you feel that you have serious feedback, post it to the relevant Feedback section of the forums and try to get a few friends and clan mates to back you up, make the right kind of polite fuss without any ranting or rudeness, then the admin will notice you and perhaps even mention you in a patch note. :)

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

To Op:

DE already CAN'T search through endless feedback threads to actually listen, do you really think they'd be able to distinguish between 'this is actual and valuable feedback' or 'gib me rewards, idc'? 

They would not. 

Except for the fact DE can... however acknowledging feedback=/=accepting feedback. It doesn't really matter if DE can acknowledge and understand proper feedback when the vast majority of it is immediately discarded unless a specific person happens to be complaining. The opinions of a few matter more than most of us, and DE tends to prioritize their vision even when it's obviously a terrible idea, but they force it on us with the "wait and see" approach. Even when a bad idea fails, in the future they find a way to force it again [stamina, no vacuum, etc].

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Ugh that's true.. Seeing that stuff return over and over again with every major new addition is really mind boggling.. 

But then we're reminded of dear old Bender. 

"Yeah, well... I'm gonna go build my own theme park, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the park!"

Make your own game, see if you can do better than Warframe. ;P 

This is a great post no one ever talked about. In general players can get extremely angry when their favorite weapons and/or Mods get nerfed to the ground and this has happened SEVERAL times. Every time this happened, many players left. I wonder if that’s the reason DE has buffed many weapons’ Riven dispositions recently. 

It was a huge mistake for DE to spend a great deal of time to nerf melee and many weapons before Railjack 1.0. 

DE should spend time and efforts to develop quality contents, not wasting time to nerf players’ gears while releasing badly developed contends! Players want to be powerful and want to have fun, not seeing the game as problems that need to be found and fixed everywhere. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Yeah, especially in THIS community people would just mass click through the answer to enjoy a quick reward. This is basically done with almost all services. And if anything would make the game die, it'd be false feedback because of that.

Not necessarily , it depends on the scope of the reward , relevance to past questionnaire and frequency.

Anyone that has been in data analytics industry can with some effort classify data as relevant or not.

Some jackass that flip flops between answers ? to be black flagged.

Rewards Frequency of Once a week , for a choice of forma/ slots? to be obtained at next poll submission? cannot be abused

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

DE already CAN'T search through endless feedback threads to actually listen, do you really think they'd be able to distinguish between 'this is actual and valuable feedback' or 'gib me rewards, idc'? 

They would not. 

That's a rubbish argument , the point of a poll is to distill feedback into usable data, If DE really wants to use feedback it is the most convenient way to do so. as compared to swimming through paragraphs of posts.

6 hours ago, (PSN)LuctorNonMergor said:

I'm a former Apple global program manager with over 32yrs of gaming experience. I was with the company during the release and rise of the iPhone and iPad. I understand what goes on behind the scenes there, in fact I worked with a PhD statistician to orchestrate many surveys during my tenure there. We valued feedback very much. But Apple is just my go-to example, you can google "customer feedback management" or any similar term to learn about the value of a structured system for collating customer feedback data. You will be unable to cite a professional source stating that forum threads are an adequate tool. 

NEVER EVER i negate that apple could do something good with customer feedback
I only point out its like having very nice and funny neighbor you like which always says good morning to you and smile when sees you
Will open doors for you hold elevator for you and overall is ultra nice

But at nights you hear from behind the walls he is using his wife as punching bag

I dont use apple products i wont talk about if they are good or worth anything but just the fact apple try to prevent me from fixing something i paid for with my own hands
Just negates every good deed they did in my eyes

But there ppl that likes consoles > buy console buy game plug console to tv put game into console puff you are playing
And ppl that like PCs > install new program set new wallpaper browse some internet change color of this or that install drivers etc.

Other thing is pool itself

3 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Of the community could vote on what bugs to fix next, yes I think that would help a lot.

DE is actually quite good at fixing bugs, this game, like most, has a lot. If they weren’t fixing them at all it would’ve fallen apart completely.

If the community had a clearer way of directing DE to the bugs that really bothered them, DE’s efforts would be much more observable and likely more appreciated.

When de changed self damage to self stagger we had outrage from players how stupid it is and to this day ppl come to forums complaining about self stagger

Or about host migration about being trade banned for sitting too long in 1 mission for saying something on region chat and being auto banned

We got tons of complains about same things for years and nothing is done about them
They know exactly what players dont like and do nothing that things where in most cases they are right like self stagger i dont like it but what i could propose in exchange?
Well nothing i have no idea so its the way it was since self stagger update

And poll in my eyes will only show them what they already know
Its like i make poll for you "did u like when i called you stupid?" followed "would you like me to stop calling u stupid?" and so go on

In NO way im against poll i just fail to see it helping anyone or anything

vor 7 Stunden schrieb (PSN)LuctorNonMergor:

We know there are millions of opinions and ideas from WF players about what we like and dislike and what we want to see in the game. I'm not talking about bugs, I'm talking about customer satisfaction, customer experience and future product development. What system does DE use to properly collect and analyze customer feedback? Do they publish polls on twitter? Do they skim the forums and reddit for common themes? Are they transparent about this process in any way? Forum threads are not a legitimate feedback solution. 

It seems to me that presenting polls/questionnaires linked to WF accounts would be the most transparent/effective approach. Tying the data to accounts would allow DE to categorize feedback by activity level, account age, monetization level, etc. 

I started playing about 5 months ago, and I've never been sent any kind of questionnaire about my new player experience. DE has never contacted me to solicit my feedback about anything in the game. I tried Genshin Impact recently and was almost immediately sent a survey which I completed for an in-game reward, so I know this isn't a radical concept in the F2P space. 

I'm very curious for someone at DE to enlighten us as to what feedback system/strategy is used at DE. After all, transparency is one of DE's core pillars. I encourage the community to get this query in front of DE on the devstream Q&A this Friday. 

Everyone here is familiar with Apple's success. Consider: 

In recent years, Apple has consistently taken a top spot in customer satisfaction rankings. This is due, in part, to the fact that Apple relies on customer knowledge for innovation and improvement. Over the years, the company has adopted a variety of customer feedback strategies including, yes, market research to forge its path as a worldwide tech leader, always reminding customers that "Apple welcomes your feedback on its products."

Feedback surveys have proven to be an especially useful way for Apple to gather customer insights. The company emails surveys to customers immediately after they have made a purchase. Customers are asked to rate their satisfaction level and how likely they are to purchase again. Because the surveys are sent immediately after a purchase, Apple is able to capture quick, accurate feedback while a transaction is still fresh in the customer’s mind.

Don't you think it's a little strange that you want to interfere in the development of a product that you don't even know (or don't know enough)?

If you knew the game inside out, I could understand your question... but you're a newbie who is probably still completely overwhelmed by the numerous impressions the game conveys.

Just take some time to familiarize yourself with Warframe. And as you get to know the game over time, many of the questions you're probably asking yourself now will be answered. And please focus completely on the game, because otherwise you might miss important information that could help you progress through it.

best regards

Apple successful... what a nutshell 😂

23 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

NEVER EVER i negate that apple could do something good with customer feedback
I only point out its like having very nice and funny neighbor you like which always says good morning to you and smile when sees you
Will open doors for you hold elevator for you and overall is ultra nice

But at nights you hear from behind the walls he is using his wife as punching bag

I dont use apple products i wont talk about if they are good or worth anything but just the fact apple try to prevent me from fixing something i paid for with my own hands
Just negates every good deed they did in my eyes

But there ppl that likes consoles > buy console buy game plug console to tv put game into console puff you are playing
And ppl that like PCs > install new program set new wallpaper browse some internet change color of this or that install drivers etc.

Other thing is pool itself

When de changed self damage to self stagger we had outrage from players how stupid it is and to this day ppl come to forums complaining about self stagger

Or about host migration about being trade banned for sitting too long in 1 mission for saying something on region chat and being auto banned

We got tons of complains about same things for years and nothing is done about them
They know exactly what players dont like and do nothing that things where in most cases they are right like self stagger i dont like it but what i could propose in exchange?
Well nothing i have no idea so its the way it was since self stagger update

And poll in my eyes will only show them what they already know
Its like i make poll for you "did u like when i called you stupid?" followed "would you like me to stop calling u stupid?" and so go on

In NO way im against poll i just fail to see it helping anyone or anything

I don’t think you read what I said at all. I brought up they should have polls to decide what bugs they pursue next. 

For example, they might give options such as;

A) Fixing Nikana Zaw sheathe bug.

B) working to mitigate host migration item losses.

C) Fix enemies spawning underground during Plains of Eidolon bounties.

Then people vote, and whichever wings receives their immediate attention.

My post had nothing to do with outrage or changes.

Just bug fixing by committee.

5 minutes ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

I don’t think you read what I said at all. I brought up they should have polls to decide what bugs they pursue next. 

For example, they might give options such as;

A) Fixing Nikana Zaw sheathe bug.

B) working to mitigate host migration item losses.

C) Fix enemies spawning underground during Plains of Eidolon bounties.

Then people vote, and whichever wings receives their immediate attention.

My post had nothing to do with outrage or changes.

Just bug fixing by committee.

Trust me i read and understand it all but you seem to failed to understand my point
To be clear i believe idea is good and have potential looking from user perspective

But from developer standpoint it looks like this

KRJk1QR.png

I dont believe devs are like "hey lets fix this and that but not that one they can live with it"
I believe they fix what needs to be fixed and then whatever they can and no poll will change that

If you still dont get it its like in car repair you are greeted with poll
A) do you want your car to be able to drive
B) do you want us to fix your cars lights in the first place

8 hours ago, (PSN)LuctorNonMergor said:

Apple's success. Consider: 

In recent years, Apple has consistently taken a top spot in customer satisfaction rankings.

97% of apple users are braindead fools who would literally a buy a pile of crap if you put their logo on it.

Archived