Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Crewships are WILDLY Unbalanced

(XBOX)HollowCube987

I don't know if my gear sucks or if I just have a case of Rock Brain, but Corpus Crewships are just difficult for no reason.

Higher Level Corpus Crewships can have a rotating shield drone that blocks any projectile that lacks punchthrough, security points that protect from damage and the Archwing Slingshot, or both. By the time I try to take one down in Archwing, my weapons keep getting blocked from one of the defences labeled above while I'm getting hit from all sides from the crewship's many different flavors of laser, very soon after getting vibe checked the moment my Amesha firefly defences go down.

After I get inside the ship, I have little problem taking care of the crew and exposing the reactor. I would even go as far to say that it's pretty fun. However, the fun starts to die when I have to decide to commandeer the crewship for a little while, or detonate the reactor.

The reactor takes several seconds for it to pop out of the liquid jello it's vibing in, making you have to wait before you can actually deal damage to it. The reactor itself seems to have a buggy hitbox, and I normally have to shoot it several times with my Redeemer or Euphona Prime for the reactor to explode. After the reactor does explode, it almost ALWAYS sets you on fire as the interior of the ship turns into a Michael Bay film in the blink of an eye, and you have to dodge the explosive fireballs that have hitboxes much bigger than the image that gives you no time to react.

If you want to pilot the Crewship, then you would have been like me and wanted to use the 4 different types of armaments it used against you when you were trying to forcefully enter earlier. Well, the pilot seat sucks. Imagine the Grineer Crewship Pilot Gun, but the projectiles fire slower, produce less heat, deal less damage, and don't explode upon impact. I did this with several different Corpus Crewships with the Raider Plexus Aura, and couldn't kill a single fighter on my own within 30 seconds. I tried leaving the gunners that just sit on the side guns alive, but that didn't work because they immediately left their posts to approach my location the moment I sat in the pilot seat.

Corpus Railjacks are a pain to enter, annoying to destroy from the inside, and hideously ineffective at attacking other forces once you take control of one. If anyone knows if I'm doing something wrong, then please tell me. I'd love to be proven wrong so I can change my playstyle or tactics. But at the moment, there seems to be no valid reason to go aboard a Corpus Crewship except for bonus Intrinsic XP, or being unable to use the Forward Artillery.

I dislike that shield drone, but aren't they unable to be infiltrated because of the shield generators? You can blow all 3 in order to get access inside and sabotage the ship. Or just throw an ordnance at the ship. Same process as shielded grineer crewships.

Regarding their sturdiness I find them even flimsier than Grineer crewships, where railjack damage is concerned.

As for the hijack part, I remember grineer ships pre-RJ 3.0 being underwhelming as well, even though I haven't tried neither at this point. I do think there's an intrinsic and definetly an aura mod which improves hijacked crewships, however.

This aura, if it helps at all.

265?cb=20210320015814

Edit: Couldn't find that intrinsic on Wiki. I guess I confused it with Raider Matrix, which kinda makes sense since those 45%+ damage already seem high enough by DE's standarts.

Regarding their shields I recommend putting Pulsars or Photors - forgot which one - on your ship. If you use npc gunners let them use them since I found it underwhelming to use them myself. They shoot through the shield and kill the shield drone thing. Npc gunners take it usually out before you even really engaged the ship.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

As for the hijack part, I remember grineer ships pre-RJ 3.0 being underwhelming as well, even though I haven't tried neither at this point. I do know there's an intrinsic and an aura mod which improves hijacked crewships, however.

Yeah, the Raider Aura gives you bonus Archwing Stat, and bonus Stats to captured Crewships, that includes extra damage.

Even with a 45% damage increase on a Corpus Crewship in the Veil Proxima, I didn't do more than 61 damage, and performed NO status effects or crits. This was the same railjack session where my AI crew got stuck in the walls, so my game was probably glitched out in every aspect, but it still proves my point.

Why can the Corpus Crewships be able to defend themselves, but I can't regardless if I'm inside, on my own ship, or in an Archwing?

I've found the Corpus In the veil basically force you to use the Shatter burst avionic since it ignores the BS shield drone and hits all the security nodes at once. Then it's 50/50 on if the drone blocks your slingshot but then you're usually close enough to get to the door the normal way. But yes DE really needs to fix the drone shields to have health or something. Even the hated nullifies shield can be taken outwith skill since it has a tiny drone OUTSIDE the shield so crackshots can disable them for quite a while meanwhile the crewship drone is nigh immortal.

That rotating shield was annoying for me at first. Then I equipped Glazio and now I can destroy the shield drone and immediately obliterate the damn ship with Forward Artillery. The crewships with 3 shield thingies attached to them can be destroyed with one or two ordnance shots.

Haven't set foot inside a corpus crewship since.

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)HollowCube987 said:

security points that protect from damage and the Archwing Slingshot, or both. By the time I try to take one down in Archwing, my weapons keep getting blocked from one of the defences labeled above while I'm getting hit from all sides from the crewship's many different flavors of laser, very soon after getting vibe checked the moment my Amesha firefly defences go down.

After the reactor does explode, it almost ALWAYS sets you on fire as the interior of the ship turns into a Michael Bay film in the blink of an eye, and you have to dodge the explosive fireballs that have hitboxes much bigger than the image that gives you no time to react.

These two snips were all part of Grineer Skold Crewships too

-----

1 minute ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

how do u hit the shield drown, when ts behind the shield in the first place?

The drone has a delay before it can turn. If you can powerslide boost around the crewship, you have about 1 second to land a clean shot on the drone

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

how do u hit the shield drown, when ts behind the shield in the first place?

Use Photor guns and pierce the shield. Photor has punchthrough so you can shoot the drone without issue.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)HollowCube987 said:

I didn't do more than 61 damage, and performed NO status effects or crits.

Thats interesting numbers as I had exactly same number 61 yesterday or the day before.. I was using the Vort but today I am changing out the guns again to try the photors and see if there is a difference.. damn I just cant wait for that last piece of Sevagoth to drop for my subsume so I dont have to do these crap Void "blind-me" Storms again..ever! 

I'm back from a Corpus Railjack mission that didn't puke up it's own loading screens, which means that I received the intended damage values without bugs or gunner crewmates interfering with the results.

Seven.

I did 7 damage in the Veil Proxima, with the Raider Matrix buff, while using the Pilot guns. I also tested the side guns. The one near the pilot seat does 600 damage, but has the movement speed of a dead sloth, and the projectile swirls to guarantee you never hit your intended target, even if you're a master at leading shots.

I don't even remember what the side guns at the entrance did, but I can guarantee that they weren't any better.

I always use the mod that makes ordnance ignore shields with the laser ordnance. That 50% chance occurs pretty often on a continuous laser beam. The dumbfire rocket spam should work pretty good as well.

Those with only tycho seeker may prefer the crit-based shield ignorer.

11 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

I always use the mod that makes ordnance ignore shields with the laser ordnance. That 50% chance occurs pretty often on a continuous laser beam. The dumbfire rocket spam should work pretty good as well.

Those with only tycho seeker may prefer the crit-based shield ignorer.

Waveform Disruptor and Scouring Warheads.

That explains why I never swapped out my weapons since Grineer Railjack.

16 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

You keep hitting the crewship, of course the shield will rotate to block your fire. What you need to do is NOT damage it before you take out the shield. If you don’t damage the crewship the shield will not rotate.

Wait, what? Seriously? I will have to try that. If that's how the mechanic works, then it's pretty clever. Just wish it were EXPLAINED.

17 часов назад, DrivaMain сказал:

You keep hitting the crewship, of course the shield will rotate to block your fire. What you need to do is NOT damage it before you take out the shield. If you don’t damage the crewship the shield will not rotate.

Shields keep facing me matter what like sunflower faces the sun

Archived