Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There be Dragons Here

(PSN)bitraiser

A quick thought for you guys regarding Sleeping in the Cold Below.

Has anyone else considered the troubling aspects of the song? Let's think about the context for a moment. It's a very human, stirring song about corpus workers (mainly female) manning shipping and transport ships facing the horrors of space and the constant dangers they have no choice but to confront.

Uh. So...

We ARE the dangers! Every Corpus Proxima mission you run is a nightmare to the singers of the song.

We are the dragons that be here.

wait wait wait, isn't there a song "here be dragon?" or an manga+game called the SCP and one their "capture" item called "here be dragon" for wouldn't that just sue the company over with issues plus, we have chroma and no reason go all out claiming dragons and roaring like a singer who scream...gosh if only I remember the meme's song was it.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)bitraiser said:

We ARE the dangers! Every Corpus Proxima mission you run is a nightmare to the singers of the song.

Believe it or not, but after the first dozen times I killed a couple thousands crewmen in a single Survival mission, the doubt that we might really scare them popped into my mind.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)bitraiser said:

Uh. So...

The original name for us, before "Tenno," was "Void Devils". This is nothing new for us

I can't deny that we are the dragons and also not that we are as cruel as the grineer or Corpus.. But then I think of Nef his science adventures towards sentient tech, the debt bond issue and Alad who is out of control and these poor Corpus captains are the logistical part of the gigantic capitalistic war machine. Give them hell. 🤣

9 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Believe it or not, but after the first dozen times I killed a couple thousands crewmen in a single Survival mission, the doubt that we might really scare them popped into my mind.

Remember that one time in the Fortuna ARG where Business was like "Hey could you go cause a ruckus in V Prime so Little Duck can land in Fortuna" And we just killed 7 million Corpus as a consequence of that request?

Good times.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)bitraiser said:

A quick thought for you guys regarding Sleeping in the Down Below.

Has anyone else considered the troubling aspects of the song? Let's think about the context for a moment. It's a very human, stirring song about corpus workers (mainly female) manning shipping and transport ships facing the horrors of space and the constant dangers they have no choice but to confront.

Uh. So...

Well... I did. Got laughed at on this forum. Will never speak again.

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Remember that one time in the Fortuna ARG where Business was like "Hey could you go cause a ruckus in V Prime so Little Duck can land in Fortuna" And we just killed 7 million Corpus as a consequence of that request?

Good times.

"Classic Tenno".

28 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

"Classic Tenno".

The sad part is we still probably have the moral high ground by virtue of how deep a hole the other factions have dug morally speakign. WF's universe is not a NICE place.

1 hour ago, (PSN)bitraiser said:

Our warframes are more similar to the dragons than any other race in skyrim. Essentially immortal beings with immense power and a penchant for somewhat randomly killing things while also having an overarching purpose. Can only be destoyed by getting rid of their heart, otherwise they just get reborn. Have a secret society with very few members devoted to hunting them down. Have incredible movement and agility compared to the other beings that they face.

21 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

Our warframes are more similar to the dragons than any other race in skyrim. Essentially immortal beings with immense power and a penchant for somewhat randomly killing things while also having an overarching purpose. Can only be destoyed by getting rid of their heart, otherwise they just get reborn. Have a secret society with very few members devoted to hunting them down. Have incredible movement and agility compared to the other beings that they face.

Yeah, but we can't FUS RO DAH so that's out. 

How we gonna be dragons, we can't even speak dragon. 

I think you're taking it a bit to literally, though, as others have pointed out. The phrase "thar be dragons" is generally describing the idea of an area beyond the normal world, the comprehensible, the normal. In mythology, that's where monsters such as dragons were imagined to reside, but in warframe terms, it can be a lot more and a lot different.

The song is clearly making parallels between ancient travel by sea and the futuristic ftl travel via the void. It's not the first time the void has been described as an ocean anyway, the first time being in the war within by the elder queen.

Archived