Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me? On one hand, players seek out over powered builds with CO, BR, WW, etc... always looking for highest DPS, on the other hand, its almost impossible to find players who want to stay longer than 10mins in a survival/disruption

Guybrush88

14 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Not gonna lie, after playing the game for so long I have trouble staying in endless missions.

Gameplay has gotten too monotonous to me.

If I'm not leveling gear or looking for any reward in particular I feel no need to stay too long in endless missions.

Most endless can get boring. However personally I find Disruption endless to be engaging and fun

I have everything I care about in the game.

So at this point, I am not even trading to earn more plat and really have nothing to do.

No reason to run a farm or really do anything, I just end up building a new weapon, or trying a different build, where I am running back to arsenal constantly.

Especially if you level something, you are running back everytime you unlock more mod points.

For instance, I haven't played railjack ever since I farmed sevagoth, and doubt I will ever start running endless railjack survival or whatever. Of course never say ever, depending on how the corpus lich grind turns out, just saying.

So yeah to me, it's more than I am building or testing something and then I willl leave often to regulate, rather than I am actually playing the map or trying to get items.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Those people staying in longer missions are soloing. I'm not trusting some weak casual in an extended mission lolol.

Trusting them with what, exactly?

I've pugged 3-4 hour runs on multiple occasions. Sure, some people die, but it poses no real risk to failure anyways.

Either way, op's issue is they're basing what content creators say as a representation of what most of the players are doing. Melee kills are tracked on mission stats, more often than not, you'll see that number being nearly zero for most pugs, because most people aren't using melee. Not long ago, people kept whining about how Wukong, Saryn, Mesa, aoe weapons, etc needed to be nerfed instead. If most people were using melee weapons, they would have been nerfed into the ground by now.

Rivens are largely irrelevant, and even content creators acknowledge this by the fact they often have to provide builds that don't include them in the first place. If everyone used them, they wouldn't be "optional", and would have also been changed by now.

There's a reason why people complain SP is a bunch of bullet sponges, and keep in mind, DE had already pre-nerfed SP between the test version and the official release. During SS, people complained ground missions were too slow, taking 40-60 minutes. This all points to people not spamming these apparent one shots.

This is all before considering there's no reward for mindlessly semi-afk in an endless mission, and how dull it is on top of the no reward. For most people, more than 30 minutes for a single session is also extremely long. Nightwave had the survival "challenge" reduced, and most games balance instances around 7-25 minutes for a reason. Even pvp games balance around 10-30 minute sessions. League for example had a season where games routinely hit 45-60 minutes, sometimes even almost 90 in edge cases resulting in changes dedicated to cutting it down drastically.

If you are bored on rotation 2 there is no incentive to go past that. Getting to a level where weapons are balanced against enemy EHP takes hours. At that point enemy damage is so high that only certain specific strats will work (if you are solo).

4 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

What the? Since when?
Finally I can dump in the 10k I farmed when Steel Path dropped hrhrhr

C8AKXhe.png

why u lie to me

14-142665_crying-pepe-png-pepe-cry-png.p

The cake is a lie, but the Umbra forma is not. Teshin shop Umbra forma is on an 8-week rotation, and is up next with a 150p price tag after that trash Shotgun riven expires. Note you can only buy one every rotation.

The reality is that people can cry about difficulty all they want. But what we are all after is the shiny loot in the most efficient way possible.

If de adds something super hard but the rewards suck most people will not waste their time.

Hence why hard mode, disruptions, and multi hr long defence/survival/interceptions are not run. Especially by pugs.

Yeah, those hardcore meta MR5 players with their evil high dps meta builds who always leave after 5 waves of defense when I want to farm forma bps surely contradict themselves... People in general should intentionally remove mods from their builds and equip Mk1 weapons if they know in advance they only want to play a short public round. How dare they!

No Idea Reaction GIF by Cameo

Bruh, what even is this post? How is there even a connection between people making a build of whatever nature they want to have for whatever reason and people leaving earlier than you'd like for a different reason? Look outside your own box. For all you know they had a wet fart and needed to go to the bathroom and were even nice enough to give you a chance to avoid host migration issues instead of outright quitting the mission. Maybe you said something on a similar level of "wtf is this" in chat as this post which made them leave. Maybe their mom called for dinner. Who knows? Did you ask any of them? Different people do different things for different reasons. I for example am surprised people do survival or disruption willingly on public in the first place. You'd have to force me to do that to myself, but someone else has their reasons.

5 hours ago, Guybrush88 said:

s it just me, or do other's feel the same?

what do you expect when there's no legitimate reason to go for longer? the enemies get tougher, but they don't become more numerous, or throw in special units, the rewards don't scale, the tileset doesn't change (except on Lua Defense).. what's the point? and if you're gonna be quick, then you might as well be quick, with the use of high DPS meta builds.

that's the dominant mentality in warframe: go fast, get paid fast, staying longer than the moment Extraction appears is a waste of time.

50 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Yeah, those hardcore meta MR5 players with their evil high dps meta builds who always leave after 5 waves of defense when I want to farm forma bps surely contradict themselves... People in general should intentionally remove mods from their builds and equip Mk1 weapons if they know in advance they only want to play a short public round. How dare they!

No Idea Reaction GIF by Cameo

Bruh, what even is this post? How is there even a connection between people making a build of whatever nature they want to have for whatever reason and people leaving earlier than you'd like for a different reason? Look outside your own box. For all you know they had a wet fart and needed to go to the bathroom and were even nice enough to give you a chance to avoid host migration issues instead of outright quitting the mission. Maybe you said something on a similar level of "wtf is this" in chat as this post which made them leave. Maybe their mom called for dinner. Who knows? Did you ask any of them? Different people do different things for different reasons. I for example am surprised people do survival or disruption willingly on public in the first place. You'd have to force me to do that to myself, but someone else has their reasons.

It makes sense once you realize a segment of the playerbase truly believes the game is being killed, and players are being actively brainwashed, by Youtubers. Seriously, I've read posts on this forum where people say that about Youtubers and how they affect the game.

6 hours ago, Guybrush88 said:

Is it just me, or do other's feel the same?

Are the majority of players who follow those BEST DPS Build youtube videos guides just using them on level 60's and getting high on seeing red crit numbers eventhough they were already 1-shoting the same enemies at yellow crits?

Various reasons could answer why people do that.

A) Players are leveling and they've leveled what they want to level, no point in staying further.
B) They needed to go the bathroom.
C) They had to go take care of something (re: helping someone at home, feeding a pet etc.)
D) They are taking care of a loved one and they need to attend to that.

Etc. etc. etc.

But no, you say, it's all the fault of the people on Youtube.

rolls eyes.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb (PSN)DoctorWho_90250:

Various reasons could answer why people do that.

A) Players are leveling and they've leveled what they want to level, no point in staying further.
B) They needed to go the bathroom.
C) They had to go take care of something (re: helping someone at home, feeding a pet etc.)

Etc. etc. etc.

But no, you say, it's all the fault of the people on Youtube.

rolls eyes.

Well this is the forum afterall, if there's one group of people that will always be blamed by the forum it's youtubers.

No, the real reason isn't "it's boring", that argument falls flat on its face when you consider the fact that you restart the same mission over and over again, essentially making it endless first rotation. That would also imply that players do what's "fun". Most players do what's most efficient and what gets them the most items, and as someone else already said before, it's all about dopamine rush.

Just imagine how quickly would riven mechanics would become unfun if it suddenly the stats it provided were absolute trash and garbage. But I thought you loved farming kuva? It was so fun after all, that's why you were doing it.

1 hour ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Yes, I'm sure that 90%+ of people who quit missions early are such saints. Replace C with "got too high/drunk to continue playing" and D with "too busy with social media" and it will look less pharisaical.

2 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

No, the real reason isn't "it's boring", that argument falls flat on its face when you consider the fact that you restart the same mission over and over again, essentially making it endless first rotation. That would also imply that players do what's "fun". Most players do what's most efficient and what gets them the most items, and as someone else already said before, it's all about dopamine rush.

Just imagine how quickly would riven mechanics would become unfun if it suddenly the stats it provided were absolute trash and garbage. But I thought you loved farming kuva? It was so fun after all, that's why you were doing it.

Yes, I'm sure that 90%+ of people who quit missions early are such saints. Replace C with "got too high/drunk to continue playing" and D with "too busy with social media" and it will look less pharisaical.

I've had to do C and D often so nice try.

I still don't get the connection between some people having "opop" builds and some people that -might- overlap with the first group leaving missions too early for OP's taste for reasons unknown. Is this now only about not everyone staying as long as others would like them to in public matches? Again?

Rewards doesnt scale, rewards are allways the same..  the only reason to do lvlcap runs its for the "challenge" That challenge for most of warframe players its impossible or almost impossible to do by many reasons.

I did lvlcap against all factions in disruption alone, somehow the hardest one for me was against infested specially juggernaut lvlcap demolyst, and i already feel i complete the challenge the hardest and "strongest" enemies in the game doing the runs alone. Runs alone are like 3 hours, playing with good group is like 2hours?

But in the other hand its correct having every warframe and many weapons min maxed and playing 99% of the time agaisnt max lvl 100? doesnt make any sense, maybe only when you farm and you need clear the wave of enemies fast, more kills = more loot, but this is only for steel path and khora stuff i think

PD: in my opinion, disruption is the best gamemode in the game at this moment

Yo, if any PS4 Tenno want to do more Disruptions, let me know! Its one of my fav modes, plus so good for Relics. 

That being said, OP, its not just you, its just the nature of a game with variety and diversity amongst the playerbase. Plus PUG/Randoms. A lot of players I come across, just want to check off the node. Which I understand and sympathise with. Specifically Disruption, because I wasn't a fan at first, especially solo, when I was going through the starchart. I didn't want to stick around either, but then I unlocked more frames, got better understanding, and got Arcanes like Energise and Lockdown, and now Disruptions are pretty fun to me, especially when I come across other players that are doing it, and we stay for a half hour/hour, demonstrate good team work etc etc

I know I could probably find a pre made group, thats more dedicated, but also sometimes I actually like helping that lone low level Tenno I randomly get matched with, who is just trying to clear the node. Also often no one is playing the node, so is less enticing. Even though I can solo, I really feel like it was a mode designed for multiple players (and also headphones) but also I like to sell Prime parts, for Plat, so its a good thing I enjoy Lua Disruption, because otherwise those AXI parts... so I have two distinct reasons to this mode, plus a fair amount of game practice to get to the point I find it easy and relaxing... and thats not going to be true of a lot of other people who play the game. 

I mean, the kinds of fans who will come to a Forum to talk about the game, is smaller than the amount playing the game, and even on the forum, I see that a lot of people don't like Disruption. I mean, yeah yeah, there definitely won't be an equal distribution of players who love to min max builds for super long and challenging endurance runs to casuals. Oh, actually, I really enjoy Defection too, but not many else seem too. Its fun to me, when I get that as a Sortie mission. 

Not really a bad or good thing, inherently. In short, is good practice to seek out other players with a similar mindset as you, if there is something about the game that you particularly enjoy. If you go with randoms? Expect random results. I still get confused when people in long Relic runs, don't offer up relics, but I'll usually stay if host stays and at least one other person offers a relic but I accept it, and don't mind/continue to have fun. 

Before I talk about my opinions, let's talk about how s**tty the rewards in survival are:

https://imgur.com/a/vGxz2d4

as you can see, only relics are rewarded in Mot, which isn't even the worst one as others may give you credits cache or your 29135724th ammo mutation. And it follows the AABC patterns, which means if you want an Axi relic, you have to do 20 mins for a relic that maybe you do not need.

If I want relics, why can't I do disruption missions, which needs less effort and way faster? (Note: you could do a rotation in under 3 mins with a well coordinated squad of 3)

The biggest problem is that rewards don't scale, you may get your 95748th lith relic or 5000 credits cache from 125 mins rotation reward, while you don't actually get more resources during missions or from rewards. They even killed old steel path, when eximus (which has a maximum spawn rate after 1 hour) dropped steel essence.

I would stay if the rewards scale, or at least stay at C rotation, or if those who drop specific resources has a higher spawn rate when I stay longer. And honestly, 90% of the nodes in star chart aren't worth staying.

As for the overpower part, I think that's because it is just so satisfying to see those red and big numbers. Even though I don't really feel that way. Also for low level, modding for high raw damage (corrosive) is a lot faster than CO WW BR 220 combo + viral slash.

EDIT: dead pic

2 hours ago, ghoti0315 said:

Before I talk about my opinions, let's talk about how s**tty the rewards in survival are:

https://imgur.com/a/vGxz2d4

as you can see, only relics are rewarded in Mot, which isn't even the worst one as others may give you credits cache or your 29135724th ammo mutation. And it follows the AABC patterns, which means if you want an Axi relic, you have to do 20 mins for a relic that maybe you do not need.

If I want relics, why can't I do disruption missions, which needs less effort and way faster? (Note: you could do a rotation in under 3 mins with a well coordinated squad of 3)

The biggest problem is that rewards don't scale, you may get your 95748th lith relic or 5000 credits cache from 125 mins rotation reward, while you don't actually get more resources during missions or from rewards. They even killed old steel path, when eximus (which has a maximum spawn rate after 1 hour) dropped steel essence.

I would stay if the rewards scale, or at least stay at C rotation, or if those who drop specific resources has a higher spawn rate when I stay longer. And honestly, 90% of the nodes in star chart aren't worth staying.

As for the overpower part, I think that's because it is just so satisfying to see those red and big numbers. Even though I don't really feel that way. Also for low level, modding for high raw damage (corrosive) is a lot faster than CO WW BR 220 combo + viral slash.

EDIT: dead pic

Or, instead, one can do daily syndicate missions and get enough standing to buy 6 relic packs and hope you get what you're interested in. That's what I do over spending a lot of time staying in missions hoping I get the drop I want.

Archived