Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

to whom it may concern

ShadowStarx1

Why not?

They're accurate, they do good damage, and unless you're in a pair there'll always be space for a human to take over. If you ARE in a pair, just ask the one other guy you're with to take one of his crewmates off guns.

6 minutes ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

DONT PUT NPC CREW ON THE TURRETS

They work well on the turrets.

What are you doing with them, what guns are you using on railjack, are the AI smart enough, you need to tell us.

9 minutes ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

they lock the turrets, preventing player use, apparently even after they have been replaced by players.

I've had this happen a couple of times too. Pretty annoying bug TBH. 

I put them on the turrets all the time, and have never noticed a problem, nor have my friends complained about locked out turrets.
At least not after one time just after launch, and it was fixed by ordering my engineer to get on the turret, and then get off.  Aside from that, they've been fine.

Really the only reasons I know of not to put them on turrets is that any kills they get do not grant affinity, and they love shooting at Corpus crewships which causes them to constantly reorient their shields while my friend tries to hit them with the artillery.

1 hour ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

they lock the turrets, preventing player use, apparently even after they have been replaced by players.

Turrets reset and leave the access open for any player should the NPC that is occupying it be removed when a player joins the squad.

Also, you dont need all 3 Crewmates on the Turrets as long as you already have one with High turret expertise and a strong Turret weapon.

12 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

They work well on the turrets.

What are you doing with them, what guns are you using on railjack, are the AI smart enough, you need to tell us.

12 hours ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

I've never tried to get on a turret they are occupying so didn't know that.

I'll have to give it a go next time I'm in my railjack, though I only use one gunner with my flying fortress and it's to annoy the enemy while I'm in doing a mission, also only playing solo to stop all the CO-OP bugs.

18 hours ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

That should be a bug report ,

However there is a very easy workaround for that.

As per the latest updates , you can use the forward artillery and switch it to turret mode.

So you effectively have 3 gunner turrets , and crew never uses artillery , so you atleast have one extra turret available.

Never experimented it: for what I have seen, as players join the session, NPCs disappear and leave the turret seats available.

I don't know, though, if recent updates have introduced a bug about.

About the Forward Artillery in turret mode, it is good but it's limited compared to regular turrets, first of all because you can't aim in all angles even if you have enough gunnery intrinsics, and because for some reason Reflex Aim (gunnery 10) won't work (see also this)

23 hours ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

The rank 5 gunner is going to be used like or not

23 hours ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

Then post a bug report rather than yelling at players

On 2021-05-01 at 5:59 PM, ShadowStarx1 said:

Much on the contrary. It is only NPC crew that should ever man the turrets. As a tenno, unless you're piloting, there are only two useful roles to take: FA control, or away team. Also, of course, replenishing the RJ's munitions as necessary. 

If you're manning one of the turrets, let me be clear: YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. You are wasting a spot that could be taken by a more competent tenno.

On 2021-05-01 at 1:13 PM, ShadowStarx1 said:

Have you gone into the Tactical menu and reassigned the NPC to something else?

But yeah, sounds like an annoying bug

On 2021-05-01 at 7:13 PM, ShadowStarx1 said:

You can assign a new role to them during mission and they will leave the turret...

Don't worry you're not the worst. We have new players who doesn't know about something or experiencing a bug, come yelling at this thread everyday.

I still get a chuckle from that "veteran" who rant pretty hard about he got locked out from anniversary events because he already did it last year. Mad at DE for not allowing loyal players to get the items again or at least the extra slots.

A member ask what did he meant by "locked out", he angrily answered that the godam notification tab shows a locked icon.

BA DUM TSS!

Archived