Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea - Option for sprint by default

Title
after playing for way to long, this is just one of the micro things that can turn someone toxic after the 100.000th time sprint mode gets turned of for random reasons like using danse macabre, sol gate or holding tailwind, vial rush, deactivating prowl, of course sandstorm, undertow, awgis storm, pulverize,  starting a mission and other reasons i cant think of that are not abilities
nothing huge or important. ik some of you will laught at how minor this is..... 
also this would one extra button that serves no real purose right now and can be mapped for something more usefull

1 hour ago, LockingSoul said:

it already has it.

Press, the, button.

A toggleable button in the options menu to put sprinting as default on wouldnt be a bad thing for those who wanted it. I hold to sprint so im not bothered with it but i dont begrudge anyone who would.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb LockingSoul:

No. just press the darn button again, instead of wanting to change the game, try adapting your muscle memory to it.

yea, im sorry
this problem doesn't affect you, yet
once you play for a little longer than 50h, maybe you will know what i mean
ofc wf is already a perfect game is you are a casual, which is totally ok
but pls don't get involved in other ppl's issues if you don't want to be constructive
seeing all those answears, and how often such threads has been posted, just shows that maybe that IS a valid issue

vor 11 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)C11H22O11:

I hate pressing the sticks on the controller so I swapped spring with waypoint and map with heavy attack to avoid that. Would be better to get a toggle but I doubt it would be implemented

i am not playing wf on console
but i can't tell how many controllers i've busted just because those sticks are not meant to be pressed often
also those are the least ergonomic buttons to press over a long time x.x

i feel you

3 hours ago, Muzure said:

Title
after playing for way to long, this is just one of the micro things that can turn someone toxic after the 100.000th time sprint mode gets turned of for random reasons like using danse macabre, sol gate or holding tailwind, vial rush, deactivating prowl, of course sandstorm, undertow, awgis storm, pulverize,  starting a mission and other reasons i cant think of that are not abilities
nothing huge or important. ik some of you will laught at how minor this is..... 
also this would one extra button that serves no real purose right now and can be mapped for something more usefull

Ignore angry comments since they wont help you
Just watch out for what EXACTLY you ask

I am PC player and never played on any console in wf
But once i did try to play wf with controller there was toggle auto sprint or something like that i dont remember
And it would require some adjustments to be perfect

Id say what you asking for should be split in few things
1 - Always sprint and sprint button only work as walk normal when held
2 - Archwing sprint should be separate auto sprint from on foot auto sprint (same for k drives and necramech)
3 - Operator void dash should require hold sprint toggle on off
4 - RAILJACK RAILJACK RAILJACK
5 - Ivara not auto sprint when in when in prowl (toggle on off)

And then we would have best from both worlds and we could fully customize it to our needs not hurting any1 giving benefit to everyone who would care to use it

I've definitely wanted this for years.  I do not mind clicking the sprint toggle at the beginning of a mission; that's fine.  What I do mind is that the game doesn't remember that I pressed the sprint toggle and turns off sprint (without informing me) when various actions are performed.  Sometimes I wonder why I'm going so slow, and I press the sprint toggle and start sprinting; it turns out I wasn't sprinting!  Sometimes I wonder why I'm going so slow, and I press the sprint toggle, and I start moving even slower because it's due to status or gravity wells or something else.

Just let me move fast in the game that's about moving fast, don't make this a puzzle I need to solve.

Now, that said, I appreciate that this may be easier said than done.  For example, Ivara's Prowl poses a difficult problem, since it breaks if you sprint.  There's honestly no easy answer to this; I've given this a lot of thought and I honestly think that if DE was going to make this change, they would have to revamp Prowl to prevent sprinting entirely.  And that's not a trivial change, that would affect how people who are accustomed to playing Ivara play her.  And there may be other similar situations as well that need to be solved.  Heck, the ultimate solution might be that they need to remove walking from the game entirely.

So I understand why we don't have it yet, but I really really hope that DE can implement this someday.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

So I understand why we don't have it yet, but I really really hope that DE can implement this someday.

Its really simple; Just invert the current behaviour. You can still walk slowly if you want, but whenever the game forgets your toggle, you'll default to sprinting instead of crawling.

Of course, just having the toggle work properly, like every single other game developer appears to be able to make it, would also be an option, but I try to be realistic.

10 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Its really simple; Just invert the current behaviour. You can still walk slowly if you want, but whenever the game forgets your toggle, you'll default to sprinting instead of crawling.

You can't do that, though, because then Ivara's Prowl would break the instant you move.  I'm not saying there aren't fixes, but this is not a "simple" issue due to the smattering of gameplay mechanics that are affected by the sprint state.

The feature itself is completely fine with me, if people just want a QoL it shouldn't really be much of a hassle.

But I think if they wanted to remove walking/ sprinting as a mechanic and just make it sprinting, I'd have to say no to that, I feel at a certain point momentum control in parkour is extremely important to the mechanic, sprinting often has a role to play in non-bullet jump based movement, and whenever DE decides to make parkour an actual skill you need to master, like making parkour based challenges and activities, then I feel always running will be a detriment.

At the same time I am basing that worry off of a hypothetical scenario where DE make people people think about using their parkour deliberately instead of spamming bullet-jump and roll.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

There’s literally no toxicity in this thread.

One comment was a bit rude, that’s it.

The word “toxic” is so overused it almost has no meaning anymore.

True, they use the word for anything.

I've been in threads not even remotely as hostile as this one that got closed. But well, probably that only shows how inconsistent law enforcement in these forums are.

4 hours ago, Muzure said:

i am not playing wf on console
but i can't tell how many controllers i've busted just because those sticks are not meant to be pressed often
also those are the least ergonomic buttons to press over a long time x.x

i feel you

I've broken 2 controllers playing this game. The left stick broke on both of them while toggling sprint. Everything else works perfectly on both controllers but the left stick now drifts. 

Anything in open worlds is the worst because you have to toggle sprint each time you enter or exit archwing, Run a T5 bounty or play as a lure handler and you toggle sprint like 15 times in a very short period of time. 

vor 13 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Unstar:

You can't do that, though, because then Ivara's Prowl would break the instant you move.  I'm not saying there aren't fixes, but this is not a "simple" issue due to the smattering of gameplay mechanics that are affected by the sprint state.

auto-sprint on 
-> activate prowl
auto-sprint of
-> deactivate prowl
auto-sprint on

... ik it sounds highly complicated, but at this point you are just giving up at the first hindrance no matter how low it is ._.

Archived