Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The “on kill” condition will not work in this game.

Does anyone really expect that these galvanized mods will actually be beneficial to gun play outside of solo play? 

1. they take up a mod slot (so great you just nerfed gun till you get a kill with your nerfed gun)? 

2. With all the Warframe power spamming , non LoS frame abilities and hitscan abilities how do you plan on getting a kill with your guns and keeping that buff going? Self nerfed AOE weapons only err what? 

Eddie Murphy What GIF by Amazon Prime Video

If you're incapable of killing an enemy with your guns within 6-24 seconds of the last enemy killed then the mods are irrelevant as either your guns are bad, you're not actually using them, or your squad is carrying the mission.

In other words if you can't kill enemies then your guns are irrelevant to begin with.

Just now, trst said:

If you're incapable of killing an enemy with your guns within 6-24 seconds of the last enemy killed then the mods are irrelevant as either your guns are bad, you're not actually using them, or your squad is carrying the mission.

In other words if you can't kill enemies then your guns are irrelevant to begin with.

I... don't think that was the point OP was making.

5 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Doesn't matter how bad an idea is, there's always gonna be someone defending it.

And if there's one thing this community is good at, it's defending bad ideas.

Doesn't matter how good an idea is, there's always gonna be someone denouncing it.

And if there's one thing this community is good at, it's attacking good ideas.

:clem:

4 minutes ago, Mediloric said:

I... don't think that was the point OP was making.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

2. With all the Warframe power spamming , non LoS frame abilities and hitscan abilities how do you plan on getting a kill with your guns and keeping that buff going? Self nerfed AOE weapons only err what? 

Again if one struggles to get kills with their guns then their guns don't help to begin with. Also it isn't like the buffs would be helping vs a squad of ability spam.

They could have just given firearms a similar combo counter feature based on hit (increased multishot/status chance) and kills (increased crit damage and chance) (with an obvious cap) instead of having to make up some fancy mods to feel good about themselves that they brought a farmable solution to a problem that could have been more easily solved.  So faster firing weapons would achieve the multishot and status chance perhaps quicker but aoe and one hit weapons that kill quick would increase their crit damage and chance more affectively. 

9 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Doesn't matter how bad an idea is, there's always gonna be someone defending it.

And if there's one thing this community is good at, it's defending bad ideas.

i.e. If people have their own opinion on a subject that is different than mine, they are wrong

6 minutes ago, trst said:

The point here is that killing enemies with guns is sub-optimal, and the granted bonus doesn't make it worthwhile either.

hace 10 minutos, Kaotyke dijo:

Doesn't matter how good an idea is, there's always gonna be someone denouncing it.

Or attack all ideas

DE create railjack being something apart from the base game: DE please, warframe is about space ninja, I don't want to drive a ship and do missions apart.

De add to railjack some base game missions: DE, if I wanted to play a railjack defense, I prefer do a normal defense instead. Railjack should be something apart.

9 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The point here is that killing enemies with guns is sub-optimal, and the granted bonus doesn't make it worthwhile either.

Then the argument is moot to begin with as nothing could ever bring weapons up to the level of ability spam other than finally nerfing abilities.

I'm still trying to figure out this particular point going around, "my teammates are killing my enemies before I get to them, thus stopping me from getting a buff. I want to get buffed so I can kill enemies before they can get to them." These mods are for SP, if your teammates are steamrolling SP enemies before you can kill a SINGLE enemy. Then it sounds like you are asking for your weapons to be able to wipe out enemies before teammates can reach them, or you want teammates to get nerfed so you can get your kills in. 

I feel like if you are playing with friends, you agree on a certain playstyle or at least communicate in the middle of a mission so this doesnt happen, like when you play Nidus so he can get his stacks going. In pubs you are more than likely going to run into a min/max nuke player and all the buffs in the world can't help primaries catch up with them if they are spamming cheese weapons or abilities.

Rhino main here. Rhino isn't particularly good at ability spamming to win. Even roar'd the stomp does nothing. So its all about guns for me. So yes, it will work fine in my case. Pretty much a direct buff as much as i'm concerned.

31 minutes ago, Mediloric said:

I still think they need to make a large pass at every weapon like they did for melee a long time ago, adjust stats and damage. 

You mean like they did for guns 3 years ago?

The reason why the melee stats revision was so large in comparison is that DE wanted to compensate for the nerfs to Blood Rush (From total crit to base crit) and Condition Overload (From multiplicative to additive) as the nerf would have been otherwise massive under previous weapon stats. In comparison, most guns were buffed in total DPS while losing nothing that required base stats compensation.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb JoJoshuee_DesK:

Or attack all ideas

DE create railjack being something apart from the base game: DE please, warframe is about space ninja, I don't want to drive a ship and do missions apart.

De add to railjack some base game missions: DE, if I wanted to play a railjack defense, I prefer do a normal defense instead. Railjack should be something apart.

everyone has their own taste. taste also changes several times a day. or do you want everyone around the clock to eat coleslaw with sausages?
the same with "ideas". although what is good on paper has not been useful in reality for a long time. and what some theorists write here belongs in the magical world with pink ponies.

with the topic it is different. this is about facts and people have clearly described why new mechanics are an absolute flop. heaps of examples are available.

23 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Well, you're not wrong.

This community just attacks everything lol

29 minutes ago, trst said:

If you're incapable of killing an enemy with your guns within 6-24 seconds

I mean, SP? Which is what these mods were designed for good luck getting a kill in SP multiplayer with your nerfed guns much less keeping your buffs as the enemies get harder and harder. In start chart play they are completely irrelevant. So end the end these new mods are completely useless and have no purpose. 

Gerade eben schrieb Artekkor:

Rhino main here. Rhino isn't particularly good at ability spamming to win. Even roar'd the stomp does nothing. So its all about guns for me. So yes, it will work fine in my case. Pretty much a direct buff as much as i'm concerned.

if you have weapons from the top5 list -> of course!
but what about other rubbish weapons? they were bad and they stay bad.

Gerade eben schrieb (XBOX)YoungGunn82:

I mean, SP? Which is what these mods were designed for good luck getting a kill with your nerfed guns much less keeping your buffs. In start chart play they are completely irrelevant. So end the end these new mods are completely useless and serve no purpose. 

it will work with certain weapons. but from now on it's always headshots or the buff is gone. and i would only play with guns without ammunition. something like bubonico. even if the effects and this strange screen shake are very annoying.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

I mean, SP? Which is what these mods were designed for good luck getting a kill with your nerfed guns much less keeping your buffs. In start chart play they are completely irrelevant.

"Nerfed" for all of one kill (minus galvanized hell missing a measly 10% multi), after which your guns are only buffed.

If occasionally needing one kill is too hard for your "nerfed" guns to get in SP then, yet again, your guns are contributing nothing to begin with.

14 minutes ago, trst said:

occasionally

? You have to keep killing and getting headshots to maintain buffs.  Meanwhile enemies are getting harder and everyone else is still spamming “E” and thier abilities. Either we are playing different games or you are being completely disingenuous. And yes these mods don’t make guns suddenly less irrelevant. 

Archived