Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Sisters of Parvos & Kuva Liches Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

27 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

So I have been loving nearly every aspect of the update holokeys/melee weapon acquire could you a little looking at, but thats not my complaint, what I ran into tonight is a huge issue. I was helping a friend of mine clear off his old lich so he could star his first sister and we got to the point that it fled to Saturn proxima and that is were the issue came up. I was was able to play and help him for the last couple hours on and off with his lich (I do not have one I have a active sister) but when it comes time for the final mission its like NOPE sorry have a nice day. I fail to see any reason why the host should not be able to bring someone with them.

So much this.  I had a similar experience in being unable to help a clanmate with his lich kill.  

14 hours ago, (PSN)BdotRASS said:

I sold it last year, after the protea mission was finished like any normal person would. To say 'simaris has it' is rather disingenuous as the cost to purchase and build, not to mention then level (presumably potato and forma it into usefulness) is prohibitive.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I say that's your own fault for selling it then. At least they give you the option to rebuild it. 

So....this string of interactions makes precious little sense.  Let me explain.

For literal years if you sold Mirage it was a one-way transaction.  She gets sold, you buy her back with platinum.  Only in the last few has DE decided to make Simaris the home of the refresh weapons and frames.  Only in the last year has DE even made the refresh frame blue prints reasonably affordable....given their previous double cost.

Now, that doesn't justify the ability to sell something...unless of course the Xoris is simply an easy mode option.  One in which you go from alive to dead in a single glorious attack...but locked of course to a single enemy type.  Oh right.....that's exactly what it does.  I've been more than capable of getting to the first rank of these missions with a Mesa, and even farther if you've got anything resembling a meta weapon build.

So I get being angry that DE allowed you to sell a weapon you decided was fodder, for a game mode you thought was one and done for rewards.  I have trouble justifying this attitude though, because DE have heavily hinted that this was the future of things with the Queenpins since before Protea launched...so that's a thing.  Likewise, having Simaris as an option is literally better than the years where we didn't.  Likewise, have you checked Simaris?  It's now the graveyard of War parts (no more farming literally thousands of sentients), the machete, and so much other "stuff we know you'll need but haven't actually planned on developing alternative acquirement methods for."  It's almost like you may have to give up a single useful slot for something....

It's not like this came out more than a year ago....meaning that in that time you've had the chance to get the yearly rewards twice...meaning that you could keep 3 and sell 3, allowing you 3 available slots even if you were a new player absolutely opposed to ever paying DE money.  Of course, complaining about this is going to get DE to change policies, right?  It's not like the community has been vocal about things for literally the better part of decades and DE is still sitting on them.  Still looking for those dual wield nikanas...still waiting on that ghoul saw they demonstrated as mostly complete and having a model with animations.  No, this will be the thing DE backs down on...while drowning in feedback that the 5 forma cost of each weapon is miserable.  Of course, it's more important to sell the new war though...not like space mom has been gone for literally half the time this game has been out...

Priorities though.  Hopefully this explains my lack of clarity on the interaction.  Both sides have points...but neither is slam dunk.  Two wrongs rarely ever make a right.

Well just did my first lich. Faster? Oh hell naw. Since the levels are tied to specific planets the later ones get ugly ( Kuva Assault with 110 enemies, alone because of course nobody wants to do it? Fun!😑 ) and of course the last mission has to be repeated multiple times because you're doing railjack with randos.

Most infuriating is the final fight is absolutely nothing special, revealing the changes to be a cynical and transparent way of forcing us to do archwing 2.0 railjack.  😒

Been running Granum for the pass week..... 

Another thought from my previous post about the long run to spawn a sister to get a weapon....

Just some thoughts on that:

1, Once you come out of the Granum void, instead of just 1 sister spawning, perhaps you could increase the spawn to up to around 3 times? That way if people are farming for a specific weapon, there is less of a grind, and they are given a little better chance to actually get the weapon they want?

2, Each sister offer up to 2/3 weapon of choice so you get to choose which weapon to spawn? 

Again this is due to the fact that to spawn a Kuva lich it is a much faster and smoother run, compare to the complicated process to get a sister to spawn....

One feedback that I have is on the TENET Diplos and its behavior while aiming. I am annoyed when I play with this weapon because of the moment when the weapon stop shooting because my target is not locked. I don't say the mechanic is annoying, but the way it is implemented is.

So, my suggestion is to add a specific alternative button or a second firing mod like it is on, respectively, the Corinth or the Tiberon, to use this gimmick instead of the : while aiming.

Already sick and tired of Cassini, can't get the Kuva Hek to appear for the life of me, I think its time to make it so the weapons are organised by their strength/MR req and drop on different Grineer planets. (weakest Kuva weapons appear on Mercury and strongest weapons appear on the Kuva Fortress and Sedna)

Okay, back to grinding Cassini.

7 hours ago, SeidronDaer said:

I'm now 30-lichs deep without a single ephemera dropping.

Actual Liches, or Sisters? I personally took approximately 50 Liches to get every ephemera they had, and I currently am on my second sister that has an ephemera. Its all just luck of the draw tenno. It is possible to do though.

As for my feedback: Could you please make it so we can delete the Hounds we get from the Sisters directly from the foundry, provided they are there? It just saves time instead of having to kill your sister, then make sure you have enough space, then collect both it and its weapon, only to sell it and the weapon because you have all three major Hound combinations. It isn't necessary, but it would be a nice QoL change that I feel would make the game better slightly for those that actually enjoy the update. If you're worried about what to map it to, just map it to the cancel build button and then put up a prompt asking to verify that you want to get rid of said Hound.

Also, are the Tenet melees really worth my time? I legitimately don't know because I haven't gotten one yet due to having no holokeys and never farming for it. I hope they perform well enough that I won't feel as if my Balla/Pennant are the only real melee options for Steel Path.

5 minutes ago, -xXx-B-e-A-s-T-xXx- said:

Already sick and tired of Cassini, can't get the Kuva Hek to appear for the life of me, I think its time to make it so the weapons are organised by their strength/MR req and drop on different Grineer planets. (weakest Kuva weapons appear on Mercury and strongest weapons appear on the Kuva Fortress and Sedna)

Okay, back to grinding Cassini.

That's the thing about trying to do it by strength/MR req's.  They are all MR 15/16, and judging based on damage alone would mean that nothing would be placed properly. There have to be multiple things considered if they were to separate them by planets. Anyway, good luck with that. Its the last Kuva Weapon I need, so I'll be joining that grind soon enough.

My own feedback on liches and sisters  

Kuva Liches :

Running the same cassini mission 50 times to get the proper larvling to spawn is just not fun or challenging in any way. I dread the time when new Kuva weapons will be added and how painful it will be to get them to drop. In the meantime, it certainly puts a damper on any will I might have to spawn new liches to get one of the new Kuva weapons to 60%.  

The new RJ mission to kill your lich is ok, however, it feels a bit flat that your lich does not drop anything the way sisters do. 

Overall, liches feel slower to complete than sisters, I don't know if this is by design or not. 

Parvos Sisters :

The mechanic to spawn a sister is painful, especially as many frames will have difficulties completing a rank 3 Granum Void in an efficient manner. It's quite tolerable now, but I can see a future where more tenet weapons are introduced making the whole thing a horrible experience as players will have to complete dozens of Granum void to get the correct weapon to spawn, possibly also having to farm granum crowns for the privilege.  

The sister hunt themselves are pretty fun, I think the time needed to take one down once it has spawned is in a good spot at the moment. 

14 hours ago, Silvertap said:

My review:

Positives:

Murmurs are easier and faster to get; weapons are good, some better than others, but all good. The sisters lines are fun. The new parazon mod and ultimatun are very good.

Negatives: Melee are hard to farm and are very troublesome to get the version you would want. It is very hard to get the sister with the weapons you want, specially if you are farming a singular one, it can take hours to find the gun (it could be improved). Sister's kill animation are 100% bugged, and Parvos voice is to morose, almost like as if his so old that he is loosing his speaching skills. 

Overal, i liked old blood, and i also like this update, but would be nice to have a "better RNG", specially related to guns tipes, maybe make them follow an unrepeatable order (Idk).

I'm quoting my self because i want to add one thing:

Pls, make liches like the sister's hounds, stronger but more murmur rewarding pls.

Just now, Finnelis said:

Parvos Sisters :

The mechanic to spawn a sister is painful, especially as many frames will have difficulties completing a rank 3 Granum Void in an efficient manner.

You only have to hit tier one in a Rank 3 Granum void. That means that solo you can just go to 25 kills in there and then let it time out. Additionally, if you use the Xoris (which you can reacquire from Simaris if need be) as a heavy corrosive/heat build like I do, you should be able to max it out with little issue, so long as you play smart. All you gotta do is throw and explode the glaive with my setup in a bunch of enemies. It surprisingly works well. You can also just go into Ishtar on Venus for an easy clap. Using this strategy, I already am on my 8th Sister.

Even if they do spawn their sister though, if they were struggling to spawn it then they will need assistance.

The Xoris build I personally use

Yesterday ran into someone's corpus lich that had Sevagoth's gloom and a radiation weapon. She was invincible, get near and your slowed to 75% and could do nothing, get out of range and hit her and get radiation procs and die. 

Was using Wukong tank and got one shot 3 times. Made the fight impossible to finish cause everyone ran out of lives.

1 minute ago, MaddawgTL said:

Yesterday ran into someone's corpus lich that had Sevagoth's gloom and a radiation weapon. She was invincible, get near and your slowed to 75% and could do nothing, get out of range and hit her and get radiation procs and die. 

Was using Wukong tank and got one shot 3 times. Made the fight impossible to finish cause everyone ran out of lives.

That's crappy. Not looking forward to that eventuality

On 2021-07-08 at 7:36 AM, Fireshock said:

The only problem the old system had was that your Lich didn't spawn in a squad unless you were on a planet they had taken over

This wasn;t a problem - it meant you could famr murmurs with others by running missions deliberately elsewhere. Once you had 2 or 3 requiems known, then you coudl hunt your lich down and you'd require 3 (or 4 if you were really really unlucky) stab attempts to kill it.

now, you're running missions with others and old lichy will appear before you're ready - I had one level up to 5 simply because it kept on appearing before I had known even 1 requiem. When that means is that the lich will quickly get to level 5 and then haunt the (obviously much beloved) Kuva fortress tileset. Oh goody.

The old system worked, as evident by nobody having amuch of a problem with it. The new one is chance for no reason whatsoever (excep the final showdown in the floating OAP carehome for defeated liches where a squad of 4 will kill 4 liches - or rather, a squad of 3 will follow 1 OP guy round watching him kill 4 liches. Not at all what was intended, I'm sure)

Liches and Sisters General Comments

• Murmur reduction, Oull, Ultimatum and the Showdown made the experience much more streamlined and previsible. Thank you.
  • Weapon generation is still boring, especially for Sisters that takes a while. Please make the Larva/Candidate have the same weapon you used to kill them, if the weapon is an elegible Kuva/Tenet weapon it can have. This will make getting those 60% weapons you want to max much easier.
  • Sisters are teleporting too much, to up and down levels with Vault/Teleport (their 4 abilities). It's especially annoying when combined with the Toxin Sister's Renewal + Prowl. Please increase the delay on these abilities.
  • The streamlined planet according to your Lich/Sister level is nice. However, if you are hunting them with friends in a squad, it gets inefficient. Please allow Sisters to spawn in other influenced missions no matter the planet like before, even if the Sister/Lich level does not match the planet you are in.
  • If you get an Ephemera from a Lich/Sister you already own, you do not get anything else in return. Plus they show twice in the Ephemera selection, which is really awful if you got plenty of them.

Railjack Showdown & Corrupted Holo Keys

The amount of people that has no idea what to do in Railjack missions is absurd. The amount of people with stock Railjack with no wreckages built at all is pretty high.

I, however, am a big Railjack fan, I've done a lot of it. I want Railjack to be loved by everyone, so here are is my drastic but simple suggestions to improve Railjack itself and thus the Showdown/Corrupted Holo Keys experience:

1. Buff the default Sigma parts to have the same stats as the current Sigma Mk3. This will allow the basic Railjack to have the bare minimum performance for high levels. If it's needed.
  2. Delete Sigma Mk1, 2 and 3 parts from the game. Give proper compensation for the materials invested, if possible. If not, it ain't a big deal.
  3. Delete Lavan/Vidar/Zetki Mk1 and Mk2 parts from the game. Same as above.
  4. Remove the "Mk3" from Lavan, Vidar and Zekti Mk3 parts, naming them simply "Lavan Photor", "Zetki Engine". Done.
  5. Merge Railjack nodes into the default starchart. This will make Railjack be part of the game, and not just an optional game mode that suddenly becomes mandatory for the Liches/Sisters and many other systems.
  6. Introduce a quick Railjack tutorial Quest (or extend Vor's Prize) with both a Skirmish and a Volatile mission. A single mission is enough, as long as it's broke down and forces the player to think about how to complete the objectives.
  7. While the player does not have their own Railjack, make them use a basic one without customizations or match them with people that have it.

Parazon

Parazon finishers are still hard to pull. Everything is nuked before you can even think about finishing an enemy with the Parazon. The moment we aim at them to see their health bar, they are usually already dead, especially in a full squad.

The current % of Health is honestly a bad mechanic. My suggestion is to make it Mortal Kombat style:

1. Target took enough damage to reach 0 Health.
  2. Instead of being killed, they go into the Parazon Finisher state for 0.5-1 second.
  3. While in this state, you can press X to make a Parazon Finisher if you want. Otherwise, you can just shoot/melee/whatever to kill it. Or leave them be and wait for them to die on their own after the 0.5-1 second passes.

Impact Status could make it trigger with Health higher than 0 like Nova's 4 blows up enemies with a certain threshold of remaining Health.

Hounds

We can't pet them in the Orbiter... :( I bet everyone wants to!

Thank you for the great work. See you at Tennocon!

21 minutes ago, Lakyus said:

Liches and Sisters General Comments

• Murmur reduction, Oull, Ultimatum and the Showdown made the experience much more streamlined and previsible. Thank you.
  • Weapon generation is still boring, especially for Sisters that takes a while. Please make the Larva/Candidate have the same weapon you used to kill them, if the weapon is an elegible Kuva/Tenet weapon it can have. This will make getting those 60% weapons you want to max much easier.
  • Sisters are teleporting too much, to up and down levels with Vault/Teleport (their 4 abilities). It's especially annoying when combined with the Toxin Sister's Renewal + Prowl. Please increase the delay on these abilities.
  • The streamlined planet according to your Lich/Sister level is nice. However, if you are hunting them with friends in a squad, it gets inefficient. Please allow Sisters to spawn in other influenced missions no matter the planet like before, even if the Sister/Lich level does not match the planet you are in.
  • If you get an Ephemera from a Lich/Sister you already own, you do not get anything else in return. Plus they show twice in the Ephemera selection, which is really awful if you got plenty of them.

Railjack Showdown & Corrupted Holo Keys

The amount of people that has no idea what to do in Railjack missions is absurd. The amount of people with stock Railjack with no wreckages built at all is pretty high.

I, however, am a big Railjack fan, I've done a lot of it. I want Railjack to be loved by everyone, so here are is my drastic but simple suggestions to improve Railjack itself and thus the Showdown/Corrupted Holo Keys experience:

1. Buff the default Sigma parts to have the same stats as the current Sigma Mk3. This will allow the basic Railjack to have the bare minimum performance for high levels. If it's needed.
  2. Delete Sigma Mk1, 2 and 3 parts from the game. Give proper compensation for the materials invested, if possible. If not, it ain't a big deal.
  3. Delete Lavan/Vidar/Zetki Mk1 and Mk2 parts from the game. Same as above.
  4. Remove the "Mk3" from Lavan, Vidar and Zekti Mk3 parts, naming them simply "Lavan Photor", "Zetki Engine". Done.
  5. Merge Railjack nodes into the default starchart. This will make Railjack be part of the game, and not just an optional game mode that suddenly becomes mandatory for the Liches/Sisters and many other systems.
  6. Introduce a quick Railjack tutorial Quest (or extend Vor's Prize) with both a Skirmish and a Volatile mission. A single mission is enough, as long as it's broke down and forces the player to think about how to complete the objectives.
  7. While the player does not have their own Railjack, make them use a basic one without customizations or match them with people that have it.

Parazon

Parazon finishers are still hard to pull. Everything is nuked before you can even think about finishing an enemy with the Parazon. The moment we aim at them to see their health bar, they are usually already dead, especially in a full squad.

The current % of Health is honestly a bad mechanic. My suggestion is to make it Mortal Kombat style:

1. Target took enough damage to reach 0 Health.
  2. Instead of being killed, they go into the Parazon Finisher state for 0.5-1 second.
  3. While in this state, you can press X to make a Parazon Finisher if you want. Otherwise, you can just shoot/melee/whatever to kill it. Or leave them be and wait for them to die on their own after the 0.5-1 second passes.

Impact Status could make it trigger with Health higher than 0 like Nova's 4 blows up enemies with a certain threshold of remaining Health.

Hounds

We can't pet them in the Orbiter... :( I bet everyone wants to!

Thank you for the great work. See you at Tennocon!

All this! Thank you for speaking what was most likely on a lot of players' minds without being rude about it! The only real difference in experience that I am seeing is that on Playstation at least, people somewhat know what they are doing with Railjack, so we have hope. That and a proper setup makes acquisition of a sister a mere chore, so hopefully they can make it more fun and engaging. I mean seriously, I just used Ash to get a Sister and I didn't have to use his abilities or even really try to hit tier 1 in the rank 3 granum void. all I used was my Xoris. As Todd Howard once said: "It just works."

1 hour ago, Lakyus said:

While in this state, you can press X to make a Parazon Finisher if you want. Otherwise, you can just shoot/melee/whatever to kill it

I think this would create the same issue of the enemy getting killed by something else or by that accidental extra bullet. I think the 1 second thing when theyre out of health or when they drop below a health threshold is good enough. Increase the reward for doing it maybe, elsewise id leave it alone

Archived