Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new lich's damage reduction is insane

These new sisters have ridiculous damage reduction, and I do mean insane damage reduction. Here's just ONE example:

http://imgur.com/a/gjiBTJc

Here is a link to a few screenshots I took just a couple min ago on ps4, shown just 6 seconds before attacking the sister is a single stropha shot killing a level 90 shield osprey with 2,053,825 damage, but just a few seconds later, even procing 3 statuses to activate condition overload, I was only able to do a measly 1,274 damage (310~ per instance with mirage clones). That's a 99.94% less damage! 

While using other weapons like the kuva ogris, or the morgha, i was never able to see a single damage proc over 1k. Most fell around 100-200, before quickly reducing as low as 20-40 damage with sucsessive hits. Im not sure what calculations are in play here, it seems like a max damage per hit has been set mixed with scaling damage reduction from quick sucsessive hits, but this exact build use to 1 shot each health bar of level 5 liches before the update. Now it can barley tickle them. Im curious what everyone elses experiences have been, but i hope its not even worse than my own.

I use a very old (used to be god class secondary) friend for everything sister related. It absolutely trashes shields.

You gotta check her resistances. Mine had like 3, one was puncture. My opticor hitting millions did like 200. Just spec another weapon.

If you got the new sentinel from the last update, that cold beam DESTROYS when upgraded. I mean eats through 90s. Could try that too.

I noticed this too but I'm not sure if its a bug or is intended.  All players looks like are able to kill them fast and I have the feeling that I'm doing something wrong.

For example, my Mesa peacemaker with the right elements(Sister weakness) was doing like 11 damage per shot. I managed to kill her but that was a complete waste of time and no fun at all ( like 15 mins).

And In a co-op match a guy with Sevagoth removed max level sister shield + health bars very fast so I ended up confused. I have Seva but with no investment so I cant test D:

For the next Sister ill just use Octavia mallet + melee/or something else. With the current situation Mesa looks useless.

normally we can faceroll the majority of enemies with any element, but with Liches, you really should plan around their resistances, it makes a world of difference.

don't be afraid to use your Archgun if you have to: Lich fights always seem to go quicker once a well-modded Mausolon gets involved :D

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)ZDragonLord X said:

I use a very old (used to be god class secondary) friend for everything sister related. It absolutely trashes shields.

You gotta check her resistances. Mine had like 3, one was puncture. My opticor hitting millions did like 200. Just spec another weapon.

If you got the new sentinel from the last update, that cold beam DESTROYS when upgraded. I mean eats through 90s. Could try that too.

My lich was weak to toxin, which my stropha deals primarily, I've tossed around multiple weapons since then and the faster fire rate weapons seem to be best due to any weapon I used being unable hit any higher than 300-400 damage per unique damage instance, this was consistent with weapons like the arqubex, opticor, and weapons like the brama. (only reason my stropha did 1,248 was 5 separate ~310 damage instances due to my mirages clones) while at the same time there seems to be a scaling damage reduction based off how quickly you hit them.

My aksomati prime started off around 150 damage a hit, but quickly fell all the way down to 5-10 per hit. The exact same this happened with my mesa prime as well. It seems big single shot weapons, as well as weapons with insane firerate are hevily nerfed to being near usless vs liches now. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

normally we can faceroll the majority of enemies with any element, but with Liches, you really should plan around their resistances, it makes a world of difference.

don't be afraid to use your Archgun if you have to: Lich fights always seem to go quicker once a well-modded Mausolon gets involved :D

I tried the mausolon out, it was dealing less damage per hit for me than something like the morgha or ayanga due to the sheer fire rate it has killing its damage output vs the lich, of course I prob should take my fire rate mod off and try again to see if that effects it, but it went from dealing hundreds a shot quickly down to dealing 10-20 per projectile. Not sure why

1 hour ago, (PSN)Wildman537 said:

These new sisters have ridiculous damage reduction, and I do mean insane damage reduction. Here's just ONE example:

Here is a link to a few screenshots I took just a couple min ago on ps4, shown just 6 seconds before attacking the sister is a single stropha shot killing a level 90 shield osprey with 2,053,825 damage, but just a few seconds later, even procing 3 statuses to activate condition overload, I was only able to do a measly 1,274 damage. That's a 99.94% less damage! 

While using other weapons like the kuva ogris, or the morgha, i was never able to see a single damage proc over 1k. Most fell around 100-200, before quickly reducing as low as 20-40 damage with sucsessive hits. Im not sure what calculations are in play here, it seems like a max damage per hit has been set mixed with scaling damage reduction from quick sucsessive hits, but this exact build use to 1 shot each health bar of level 5 liches before the update. Now it can barley tickle them. Im curious what everyone elses experiences have been, but i hope its not even worse than my own.

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Baako_0 said:

I noticed this too but I'm not sure if its a bug or is intended.  All players looks like are able to kill them fast and I have the feeling that I'm doing something wrong.

It was mentioned in the patch notes: Liches and ParvoSisters have new adaptive damage reduction (not the same as Sentient adaptation, it's more like Hush from Binding of Isaac). This was to prevent you from one-shotting them with, well, this:

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

5frx82.jpg

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Wildman537 said:

I tried the mausolon out, it was dealing less damage per hit for me than something like the morgha or ayanga due to the sheer fire rate it has killing its damage output vs the lich, of course I prob should take my fire rate mod off and try again to see if that effects it, but it went from dealing hundreds a shot quickly down to dealing 10-20 per projectile. Not sure why

admittedly I do have max Primed Rubedo-Lined Barrel, so my Mausolon does OK. if your mods are better on your Ayanga or Morgha (in Ayanga's case you have more capacity to work with after 5 formas) than they are on your Mausolon, then yes, they will do better; but you also gotta mod the archgun to the Lich's weakness, that should help tremendously. 

9 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

admittedly I do have max Primed Rubedo-Lined Barrel, so my Mausolon does OK. if your mods are better on your Ayanga or Morgha (in Ayanga's case you have more capacity to work with after 5 formas) than they are on your Mausolon, then yes, they will do better; but you also gotta mod the archgun to the Lich's weakness, that should help tremendously. 

I run a primed mod setup as well, just insane seeing this much damage get shrugged off. The adaptive damage is waaaay overbearing

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Wildman537 said:

Does banshee effect the liches? I could of sworn that she never has

Yup. Both her and the hounds. Been using her + sonic fracture + viral (or toxin/slash/vice versa if the lich is immune.) Needless to say it's been working out pretty well :)

2 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Yup. Been using her + sonic fracture + viral (or toxin/vice versa if the lich is immune.) Needless to say it's been working out pretty well :)

I'll have to give it a shot, see how well it works. Is she able to bypass that (seemingly) hard cap on the damage?

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Wildman537 said:

I'll have to give it a shot, see how well it works. Is she able to bypass that hard cap on the damage?

Wish I recorded some of the fights tbh to share. Not sure about it bypassing since the damage reduction looks like the same type used in Orphix (aka the faster your dps the worse the damage gets) but rather stacking her sonar then using a slow, hard hitter takes massive chunks of health/shields off at a time. Think of it as slow and steady winning the race, only that slow and steady is on 10x+ damage amped steroids. Throw in sonic fracture on top to strip armor and use a direct to health damaging element (viral/slash/toxin) and boom.

I've been using the Tenet Envoy built for damage, crit and viral. Have yet to try other slow, heavy hitters, but they will probably do the job just as good if built the same.

1 hour ago, Numerikuu said:

Wish I recorded some of the fights tbh to share. Not sure about it bypassing since the damage reduction looks like the same type used in Orphix (aka the faster your dps the worse the damage gets) but rather stacking her sonar then using a slow, hard hitter takes massive chunks of health/shields off at a time. Think of it as slow and steady winning the race, only that slow and steady is on 10x+ damage amped steroids. Throw in sonic fracture on top to strip armor and use a direct to health damaging element (viral/slash/toxin) and boom.

I've been using the Tenet Envoy built for damage, crit and viral. Have yet to try other slow, heavy hitters, but they will probably do the job just as good if built the same.

i built a banshee at a high pwr str to test, and yep, banshee took the damage per hit from 300 all the way up to 20-30k easily on a lvl 1 lich, 1 shoting its shield and its health bars. I'm going to use her to hunt liches from now on now. Ty for the tip! 

I still don't like the damage changes on them, my mirage that I typicaly take to lvl 2-3k steel path content (that 1 shots at that level range) should be able to kill a lich no issue like this banshee build that took 15 minuets to make

My main issues are the sheild regen and the fact they teleport around like Sonic on crack.

Also, they seem to be able to regen sheild even while you have multiple magnetic procs on them. (My Lich wasnt resistant or immune to magnetic before anyone asks).

Of course this means by the time they stop teleporting clean off the board so you can actually get a hit on, they have full sheilds back.

15 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

My main issues are the sheild regen and the fact they teleport around like Sonic on crack.

Also, they seem to be able to regen sheild even while you have multiple magnetic procs on them. (My Lich wasnt resistant or immune to magnetic before anyone asks).

Of course this means by the time they stop teleporting clean off the board so you can actually get a hit on, they have full sheilds back.

I noticed that aswell, with AOE weapons its no big deal because the splash will still land, if you don't use those banshee's silence ability does seem to stop or slow the teleporting

7 hours ago, (PSN)Wildman537 said:

Here is a link to a few screenshots I took just a couple min ago on ps4, shown just 6 seconds before attacking the sister is a single stropha shot killing a level 90 shield osprey with 2,053,825 damage, but just a few seconds later, even procing 3 statuses to activate condition overload, I was only able to do a measly 1,274 damage (310~ per instance with mirage clones). That's a 99.94% less damage! 

Good I want them to be this way. Seriously they need to make them more difficult and a bit more spongy. I want a legit boss fight not something I can complete I around 5-10 minutes.

Remember when the Wolf first came out? Before they nerfed him? They should be like that vs the watered down versions we now have. 

I just hit my Sister with my BIG Scindo Prime toxin/slash build (with Heavy Blade Mizar Skin cause it looks cool) which I use across all factions, seems to just work.
Warframe was Hildryn spent a lot of the time running around with 390 HP because she was zapping the shield.

Archived