Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoulsaw: Butcher’s Revelry Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

The buffs in damage are appreciated, but the issue is the speed of the animations. Right now, it feels like it should only if I have Berserker equipped, as if you timed the animations  expecting us to always use the mod. And the fact that we can't use the forward attack or ride it continuously doesn't really make it feel like a saw weapon. The stats of the Ghoulsaw are fine (for the first weapon of it's kind), only if you have one or two other assault saws planned, with better stats. The stance needs to be fixed, or the g assault saws will end up just like two-handed nikanas - unused regardless of stats.

And since the weapon is so slow by default, I need to put a decent amount of speed buffs on it, so when I use the neutral block combo, my screen shakes violently (even though I have screen shake off because I get motion sick from it). And in case you don't understand how big that issue is for me, I don't just get slightly nauseous; I get aggravated, nauseous, disoriented and possibly get a headache for hours (usually goes away only after I sleep). It makes me not want to touch the Ghoulsaw, or any other assault saw that might come out in the future, until you make sure that there is not screen shaking (and in other places would be nice, like the Necramechs and some other stances).

Every time you announce a change you say 'We heard your feedback', but then you don't address the issues that were actually brought up, and don't give an explanation as to why. 

The funny thing is a large saw like this would be a horrible weapon, and would be very unwieldy. So A+ for the realism.

However, in this game we are angsty demi-gods controlling Robotic Space Ninja Wizards. I feel like we could have figured out a way to make this crazy circular saw flow a bit better in it's combos. Please do that.

I'll have to wait and try this out to see how it actually affects damage in practice. Currently the weapon is weak, so thanks for attempting to buff it. You didn't do anything for the Ghoul Rush combo though? So that's still going to be just as bad as it is currently...

I'd also really like some additional changes besides just damage, such as increasing the hitbox range of the Ghoul Rush combo, and letting us ride on the ghoulsaw with Rip 'n Ride for as long as we want.

48 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ghoulsaw: Butcher’s Revelry Changes.

Tenno!

The first-of-its-kind Assault Saw is in your hands. Ghoulsaw has been out for a little under a week, and with it, our latest Melee Stance: Butcher’s Revelry. We are buffing some Combos in this Stance. More power is coming for Tenno that are out there combo’ing like the best of them. 

The details:

Rictus’ Wrath Combo
- Added guaranteed Slash status on second hit
- Increased damage multiplier from 2 to 3 of the third attack
- Increased damage multiplier from 3 to 4 of the fourth attack

Rip 'n Ride Combo
- Increased damage multiplier of second hit in the attack from 1 to 2
- Increased damage multiplier of the final hit in the attack from 2 to 3

Reciprocator Combo
- Increased the damage multiplier of the first two hits of the first attack from 0.5 to 1
- Increased the damage multiplier of the fourth hit in the first attack from 1 to 2
- Added a guaranteed Slash proc to the third hit in the second attack
- Increased the damage multiplier of the final hit in the second attack from 3 to 4

This means that as you’re engaging with Combos for all things Ghoulsaw, you’ll be dealing more and more damage. We wanted to increase the lethality of all things Ghoulsaw after reading player feedback, and felt the Combos themselves were the best place to buff a big batch of numbers to encourage use of the full gamut of moves!  This also makes it so well into the future, other weapons in this class that share the Stance would have this baseline power. 

Expect this series of Combo buffs in an Upcoming hotfix! 

Would you please consider increasing the number of hits each in each attack of Butcher's Revelry combos instead of simply increasing the damage? It's a chainsaw, after all.

Ghoul Rush is in an especially sad state still. It requires you to repeatedly mash the melee key, while pressing forward, and it doesn't even do good damage, nor does it have any frills. No forced slash procs, not even a stagger.

This was an excellent opportunity to add charge/maintain combos to the game, and make a category of weapons that is strong and slow, a category currently only occupied by a handful of hammer weapons due to the sorry state of Heavy Weapons.

The numbers increase and the additional forced slash procs are fine. Yet the foward combo feels... Doesn't feel like a rotating blade, hits only once and after there is a delay to use it again.

Second, the block forward combo, while there is a lot of requests about being able to be held so can be used as mobility tool, the way the dmg is deal only at the start and at the end needs to be tweaked. Let us deal damage as long we ride it. And also please dont simply increase the dash distance, that will only make it more cunkly as slow is already the animation.

Finally, the ground finishers. When I tried the ground finishers (and with more reason as the stance provides a lot of knockdowns), I expected to be more like the finishers displayed in the devstream. However, later found that finisher is available, but limited to infront one. I would want to request for that infront finisher to be used as well for ground one. Feels too generic otherwise.

1 hour ago, THeMooN85 said:

Everything is great, cool and all, but still you can't run and attack effectively at the same time, it's still a very stationary stance with a very short range, it's still way too slow (I understand the "weight" of this weapon, but even the archmelee is waving faster).

The second thing is that miserable ride... you couldn't make it rideable as long as we hold a specific key combination? Alternatively, extend the maximum distance three times.

Yeah forward combo and the standing combo should be swapped IMO. 

I don't care if the weapon itself is good or not, make it actually fun to use, let us hold E and walk instead of button mashing, allow us to ride it like we all wanted and expected, the weapon doesn't need to be good for people to use it, it needs to be fun, and right now, the ghousaw is neither good or fun, the weapon has absolutely zero flow, i get that it's big and bulky, but those combos aren't pleasent at all to use

Would be perfect if: 

-We could hold E to ride it until our hearts content, I know this goes against the "universal key combo" for stances but breaking a couple rules to make it fun doesnt hurt anyone ;)

-Faster animations, the fact that you need to have 1.60 attack speed for making it fast enough doesnt seem right

+This is optional but I saw the Rictus Ghoul throwing the saw blade like a glaive, why dont make this to be a feature of its sliding heavy attack?

One thing that really bugs me: The attacks only deal 1 instance of damage per swing.

IT'S A BUZZ SAW! The rotating blade should be dealing multiple hits in very rapid succession during each swing! If I wanted to swing a super slow weapon and produce one large damage number, I'd be using a heavy blade instead.

For example, here's how I'd change the first hit of the Rictus' Wrath Combo.

• BEFORE:
    The user lifts up the weapon, revs the engine, and performs a wide swing.
    Deals 300% damage 1 time during the swing.
  • AFTER:
    (Animation unchanged.)
    Deals 75% damage 6 times over the course of the animation, including the initial engine-revving, dealing continuous damage to anything in contact with the blade.

As another example: let's look at the entire Ghoul Rush combo.

• BEFORE:
    Each time E is pressed, the user revs the engine once while walking forward.
    Deals 100% damage 1 time each time it's revved.
  • AFTER:
    (Animation unchanged.)
    Deals 25% damage 4 times each time it's revved.

Et cetera for all combos. You get the idea.

I like that the weapon feels slow and heavy, but each swing dealing 1 tick of damage is frankly what you'd expect if the sawblade weren't rotating at all (i.e. if the engine were turned off and you were swinging it around like an axe). As a buzz saw, each swing of the weapon should feel slow and heavy while dealing numerous small hits in a short span of time!

While buffing the combos helps, the major issue with Ghoulsaw is that the damn thing is laden with jank.

Forward combo's hit registration?  Jank.  The fact that I need to send my right mouse button to an early grave also isn't nice.

The ride's slam killing all momentum and seemingly coming out with no tell, often resulting in over or under-shooting?  Kinda sorta jank.

The standard attack combo?  Pretty jank if you ask me, though mostly due to the sheer amount of startup frames.

The heavy attack?  Suuuuper jank for the same reason as the forward attack, being that it just registers hits kinda odd to me (let both it and W+RMB register hits on contact instead of, seemingly, at predetermined points)

Archived