Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #157!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2021-09-20 at 11:08 AM, (PSN)DAIIAD said:

Small request. Can we please have an option for weapons to always copy Warframe colours.

The button is there to copy Warframe colours but each time you change Warframe you have to copy colours again. Would be great if you could toggle this to be automatic.

Agreed. Being able to have weapons, companions, vehicles, and whatever else auto-copy the fashion frame of whatever warframe we are currently using sounds like an awesome idea.

There are actually a few more things I remembered after seeing more replies in the thread! My previous post was a tad long, but I'll link this post onto there; A bit easier to find that way.

16 hours ago, (PSN)ThymeTravel said:

I also wish Operator customization had the same preview options like the Tenno, Look Link option included. And why can’t we see sigils with the Look Link? I’m sure I’m not the only one that uses sigils as part of their Fashion Frame designs.

That's actually a good question, even the tooltip for K-Drive look links mentions that Sigils can't be applied, etc. despite the fact that K-Drives don't use Sigils or Emblems (As much as I'd like to see more added to K-Drives). I'd be surprised if the reason for Sigils not being applicable had to do with Syndicate Standing gain for certain ones, but I honestly can't think of any other differences between a Sigil and an Emblem, apart from the sizes.

Although briefly speaking, I think it would be nice to increase the threshold for the minimum size of a Sigil (Especially considering how small an Operator's Sigil can be!), so that you can have an Emblem-sized Sigil on your chest, rather than a big one that still covers a little more than half of the front or back at the current minimum size. If Operators can have a small Sigil, why can't Warframes and Crewmates, etc.?

On 2021-09-20 at 11:19 AM, Erebus said:

As an artist that's always doodling operator clothes and cosmetics, when will we be allowed to submit SUITS AND CLOTHES FOR OPERATOR TENNOGEN?

We're only able to do accessories and I've often wondered why we cant create Tennogen clothing for the operators that pull from Corpus or Grineer styles or, as we saw with the Revenant collection, even styles that are unique. 

Will this ever be an option? And if not, can you explain why? There are many talented artist that would love to try their hand at Operators as well.  

That sounds very cool actually! I haven't thought of faction-based clothing for operators (Such as enemy factions, though we have some Infested options). I'd love to see it happen someday. 

• Another thought crossed my mind just now, hypothetically if Operator clothing was added to Tennogen, maybe Hairstyles could be added too? At least to expand on what there is already; Although I'm not sure if that's more for Duviri Paradox or not.

I didn't mention it earlier since I wasn't sure if this qualified as a QoL, but this might be the most significant idea I can think of that I'd want to see in the future;

This pertains to the Armor and Syandanas used by Warframes. As noted further on the thread, Crewmates already show how this can work quite well! They can use all of the options that Warframes have other than Ephemera and Emblems, and right now operators are just missing Emblems and the many Armor / Syandana options available to Warframes. I'm not sure if the latter would require a new library of sorts to hold all the combinations (There was an image like that for Modular Archwing), but perhaps it can be somewhat accelerated thanks to the Crewmates' physical sizes and shapes wearing them.

Of course, by "accelerated" I mean that maybe them being able to wear those things can be used as a reference for how it can apply to operators, apart from some clipping and size adjustments hypothetically. So I would hope that can help with the development of an Expansion like that.

On 2021-09-20 at 10:10 AM, xRufus7x said:

12. Can we get more Loadout and Riven slots or possibly just uncap them and let us buy as many as we want?

That reminded me of one other QoL idea that slipped my mind yesterday too;

That was a post I made on that Tenno's thread awhile back; I thought of a way to borrow from how the new Wreckage system works and apply it to veiled rivens of various categories! Some of what I suggested is shown above, but the reason why I thought of this is because if having more and more total riven slots will be a strain on the servers (Which will need them to be fixed or upgraded, etc.), then by having a slot be taken up only when you take a riven from a stack of (As an example) Archgun rivens to see what the challenge is, that could help reduce the space on the servers in theory.

• In this case, the game would only create & assign a challenge to a riven when you choose to take it out of a stack of veiled [Weapon Type here] rivens from your inventory. The Wreckage system may allow all of those rivens to build up without having to keep track of each challenge, as it would only need to know what the weapon type is.

Therefore, while the cap can still be raised over time, people like that Tenno who started the thread won't be locked out of Sorties and other things that require you to be under the riven cap. But I probably explained it better in the thread, heh!

• Come to think of it, that's actually the same reason why that system got updated, in the case of Empyrean missions; Since people were locked out of those too for a time due to how Wreckage used to work.

As far as Riven slots go, that sounds like a pretty good QoL feature to me in the meantime :)

Just some more food for thought.

Would quality of life changes include making kitguns, zaws, and any other modular items actually modular?

What about giving Nova a way to switch between speed and slow like with Ivara's quiver and Chroma's color wheel?

This is probably unrelated to QoL, but will Clem ever be available for Railjack crew recruitment?

On 2021-09-20 at 10:54 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

DevstreamNumberTemplate_157_Dani.png

Tenno!

Our Devs are heads down on The New War, but that doesn’t mean no Devstreams! We want to sit down and chat all things Warframe with you. Of course - do keep in mind there is very little we can show of The New War to avoid Spoilers, so this Devstream will be focusing more on some general Quality of Life improvements and Q&A! We also will be discussing Nights of Naberus 2021 and looking at our October plans at large. Don’t miss it!

See you at 2:00 p.m ET on Friday, September 24 at twitch.tv/warframe. Watch to earn yourself a Veiled Riven Cipher! 

Nintendo Switch Tenno who want to watch from their portable console can do so by installing the YouTube app for free at the Nintendo eShop. Head to the Warframe YouTube channel when we're live to tune in!

Will there be anymore buffs for yareli. Also will there be any changes to k-drive movement. I ask cause when archwing movement was change titania razorwing movement became much better. So if k-drive movement becomes better am sure merulina movement will become much better also.

On 2021-09-20 at 5:59 PM, XHADgaming said:

Why Nekros for the picture? I wonder if there is a reason for that other than using him as a spooky warframe to tease a new ephemera. 

I mean , his the guy who resurrects the death and death is one of the themes for this upcoming holiday .

23 minutes ago, Darlood said:

Will the DEV's be looking to using the new Unreal 5 engine in the future?

They created and use their own engine, The Evolution Engine. They even helped with the earlier Unreal Engines, There's no reason for them to use anything else for Warframe.

Ok soo, here's some questions:

Do you guys have any plans on further expanding the operator/focus system ? Like adding different "void manuevers" to be used by the operator or even making more focus schools ? It'd be nice to have more of a "titanfall" dynamic on the game with the operators.

What else will you guys do with the Necramechs ? More mechs coming ? Or we'll have just those 2 and let em' be some secundary gimmick ? I really liked the idea, maybe some other factions mechs as well ?

ARCH-MELEE MECHS/GROUND ! Any news on that ?

The game has been having balance issues for quite some time now, and we all know how the community...erm..."responds" to the more drastic and necessary changes, what's your plans for dealing with that ?

Can we please have an overhaul or at least revision of the arcane system ?...

And lastly !  can we please get the parazon zip-line in-game as a function ? And give Valkyr a new first ability ?

4 hours ago, Darlood said:

Will the DEV's be looking to using the new Unreal 5 engine in the future?

3 hours ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

They created and use their own engine, The Evolution Engine. They even helped with the earlier Unreal Engines, There's no reason for them to use anything else for Warframe.

they couldn't if they wanted to. URE5 wont run on a cell phone or switch. 

Archived