Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

hey can we get a break from archon hunt excavation? how come it's been the second mission 75% of the time?

(XBOX)Exigy

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Yeah, this is my only issue with these missions. I joined a squad a few weeks ago and my teammates sucked, they managed to get killed and left the mission causing host migration twice, at the end i was the sole survivor with my Zephyr, had to finish the mission alone with 200 Cryotics remaining and Powercell mobs barely spawned.

You can get away with playing with 3 unprepared players in pub by using Khora... and without losing a single Excavator. I imagine Nekros would work too. Really need a looter frame to loot more of those power cells.

Eximus is not the problem there, its Batalysts. Their discoball-o-doom is a death sentence to excavs unless there is Frost or Limbo. Knocking them with heavy slam not always interrupts the lasers.

And yes, Defence and Interception are worse, with Defence being excrutiating slog to go through every time. Interception is not bad once you realize Vauban Vortex or  Zephyr Tornado sucking all normal enemies do not block you from capping the point unless there is eximus with overguard standing. Only way to speed up Defence is Speedva, but that makes entire mission even harder to survive.

None of the excavations I've done have had issues or taken too long, and I've not missed a hunt yet. I know excavation historically can have issues, but I've not seen it in Narmer ones. You sure your gear/squad comp is up to par? I usually have Frost + Limbo and Vazarin Focus up and then just good weapons to keep enemies respawning for fresh power cells.

Frost just trivializes it. 100% armor strip, strong tanky stats, strong globe, extra crit if you want, great potential for gloom aswell. Aslong as you have good energy sustain and cost reduction you can spam avalanche as needed. And now with shards energy management is simple, 2 ambers plus maxed out efficiency and his low energy pool should last you without a problem.

Normally I hate excavation and interception with passion but I'd take those two instead of defense in a heartbeart for Archons. At least you are always making progress in those 2 modes, in defense enemies spawn is just SO BAD you spend half of the mission waiting for the mobs with terrible map navigation to come to you or searching for the enemies who lost their way in the map.

9 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Normally I hate excavation and interception with passion but I'd take those two instead of defense in a heartbeart for Archons. At least you are always making progress in those 2 modes, in defense enemies spawn is just SO BAD you spend half of the mission waiting for the mobs with terrible map navigation to come to you or searching for the enemies who lost their way in the map.

Not only are the spawns horrible, the defense target in sortie type defenses are still dumber than a brick. I wish they'd add the arbitration defense target behavior to sortie type defense missions aswell.

personally I think the first 2 missions are a total waste of time anyway, since we already know which archon spawns on which planet.. pretty much all of the endless modes for mission 2 suck, with maybe disruption as the sole exception. funny how there's no survival missions, now THAT would actually be enjoyable, because it's all about the killing.

a lot of it depends on the randoms you get if you go public: nowadays it's less common to get a bad squad, but they are still out there. usually one person always takes Wisp, if that happens you're in with a good chance. 

It's one of the few missions that's high enough lvl and defends an objective where you can actually argue for bringing a defense focused frame like gara, limbo, frost etc. I'd rather not take out one of the few late game situations where the answer isn't always kill stuff + stay alive. Also, any mission where being good actually speeds up the game mode is a win in my books.

15 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I may be wrong, but I figured most people prefer Excavation over Defence? If you get decently competent team mates, Excavation should be faster... at least I assume so in theory. 

Depends on your perfectionism

If I lose two or more Excavators, I basically consider the mission a moral defeat even if we technically win. Even if we do win, 500 seconds (because good freaking luck getting any public team to successfully defend two sets of two excavators...) anyway like I was saying, 500 seconds is over 8 minutes, the same time needed for two rounds of Interception

But it is better than Defense, you're right about that, because above a certain level (40 or so) the enemies WILL NOT ever spawn expediently, dragging an already boring and terrible mission out even longer

the excavation missions are the second easiest and fastest, being the first interruption, if you have trouble defending the excavators use frost or limbo, if on the contrary your problem is the energy cells you have khora, nekros and even hydroid, in interception you can use vauban, nova, volt, saryn, or any other control warframe or that can do damage in the area, but the slowest and most boring to do is defense, even with fast nova it takes a long time

There's not really an excuse:

This is supposed to be for higher tier players. But this game let's anyone be carried, which isn't a problem.

Please try to work on a more varied arsenal. Wukong can't be used for everything. 

Try using more than one weapon and mix up abilities and Operator play. 

I use a defense frame, and have Vazarin to heal the objective for emergencies.

5 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

There's no fail condition. One can complete the mission eventually. Even if it last 20 minutes.

I've been in there for around 45 minutes once Solo, complete the first two drills then complete the rest at nearly full, damn enemies spawning on top of the drill and nuking it in one spin/hit/shot and no power carriers, even after killing heaps of enemies.

I'd rather Excavation than Defence, less to be bothered with, like @(PSN)jaggerwanderer said there is no fail, unless you die that is.  dGioSQ7.gif

On 2023-02-05 at 7:56 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

I haven't been able to get the hang of limbo since the eximus rework. Subsuming silence helps, but it still feels like he's useless for high level excavation now, especially when he made it easy mode before. 

Limbo's advantage now is that he can use high powered rifles and bows to take out eximus units, virtually wrecking them with a single head shot. I'm not a Limbo fan but I really liked the new gameplay with him. Dismissing the regular dudes to set up nice sniper shots is a magic I've been missing in Warframe.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Exigy said:

im bored, not bad, A******

It's not the game's fault that you're bored, because if it was the game's fault we'd all be bored, but you come to the forum to complain about a problem that doesn't exist in the first place because you just don't want to do something.

''I'm bored changed this for me''

A piece of advice: if the game bores you, better leave it.

I really dislike archon excavation, more than any of the other "mission 2" types. The problems in my opinion are that power cell enemies are too infrequent/bad pathfinding and the excavators themselves essentially being made of wet paper.

Aside from that, the mission itself isn't bad. It just feels like a huge slog as-is. Defense is better in my opinion just because I don't have to hear "The excavator has run out of power..." or "excavator destroyed..." on repeat.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:26 AM, CosoMalvadoNG said:

It's not the game's fault that you're bored, because if it was the game's fault we'd all be bored, but you come to the forum to complain about a problem that doesn't exist in the first place because you just don't want to do something.

''I'm bored changed this for me''

A piece of advice: if the game bores you, better leave it.

so if I'm bored with the game I'll play less = I'll spend less, warframe will make less

you're literally telling me to create the problem that "doesn't exist"

I've come to the forums to give the developer the skeleton key to make me play the game more

On 2/5/2023 at 7:55 PM, (XBOX)Exigy said:

there's 5 possible missions for step 2, why the #*!% is it always have to be excavation though? don't get me wrong I love waiting 4 minutes for 1 battery guy to spawn but I'd like some variety in my videogames actually.

edit because there's a lot of literal gigachad 5 heads that think I need help doing an excavation, I do the missions solo with my eyes closed warframe is a joke, i'm actually bored doing the same mission every week. it should rotate with disruption, defense, survival etc...

zero reason why it should ever be the same mission 2 weeks running, period. random is not better, random is lazy game design.

it would be nice if it was random but more like bingo ball random once a certain mission type was played its either less likely next week or not available for 2-3 weeks 

I do disagree that random is not better random keeps it interesting normally does suck when we randomly get same mission multiple times in a row.

I do know players that need 50K cryotic and don't want to farm it for the sake of farming it but are more than happy to lap it up while getting an archon shard though.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Exigy said:

so if I'm bored with the game I'll play less = I'll spend less, warframe will make less

Pfff I couldn't care less if you spend or not in the game. What I do know is that the big problem you complain about doesn't exist in the first place.

Also, if the game bores you, it's HEALTHY FOR YOU to leave it... but you don't want to leave it, you just want them to change something that you don't like and that its your problem no the game problem.

Archived