Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Duviri Paradox be skippable?

INiroZGI

I was just wondering if anyone knew if Duviri Paradox will be skippable, or will i be forced to play it to continue the story after duviri? I had this question because it just seems like DE is trying to force us to play it so they can get free advertising for the souls-frame they plan on releasing and im just not interested in it at all. i play warframe for the fast paced parkour and slaughter and the community. everything that they release past that is just lost on me and everyone i play this game with. like i cant tell you how many of my friends just dont do the drifter things because thats just not warframe...

Just now, ReddyDisco said:

Yea lets just forget the part where you get to use your warframe in duviri, that's not important. /s

The big question is how much it can be used and how gimped it will be due to random gear selections.

Like everything else DE pours a bunch of effort into it'll be skippable until it isn't. 

At the very least it should be expected to go the same way as Railjack. Eventually new content will be added within Duviri and/or "require" some Drifter progression and some story quest will be added later that'll require you to have finished the story/quest associated with it. Just like how Railjack got more content via Void Storms/Corpus RJ/Lich Integration and how building one was a requirement for New War.

So skip it, and all content associated with it, as you want. But don't be surprised when you're eventually expected to have cleared the story portions and/or when your Drifter is required for something else and you're too underpowered for it.

2 hours ago, Vahenir said:

The big question is how much it can be used and how gimped it will be due to random gear selections.

The game mode for The Circuit says "Warframe only mode in The Undercroft" which is the safe zone, not the full open world -

I think "Warframe only mode" is limited function like access to arenas, not full access?

3 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

Personally I never liked the operators.

I think this update could be a big divider in the warframe community where more than half can leave the game.

They have multiple ways to play including a Warframe Only Portion. So you can simply play the Quest and only play the Warframe segment if you choose too.

Everything else is completely separate. So no, it won't divide the community. And the people complaining about this completely gloss over the fact that they created multiple ways to play.

And this content has been in the cards since 2016. So it's no surprise that they decided to finally make Operator Only Content vs having Operator Sections like in Eidolon Hunts.

So that portion you think might leave, are absolutely Stupid for coming to that conclusion when: They really don't have to engage in it past a quest.

That's it, you can simply play The Circuit, get all the rewards from that (Like the Incarnon Adapters in Steel Path) and you won't miss out on anything.

There is no way you will skip Duviri, it's probbaly the biggest and more ambitious expansion for warframe to this day.

Now, what portions besides "first time quest" will be for "mandatory progression" it's to be seen yet. For exmaple, you can just ignore Zariman missions but the gear in there is really good for progression... 

In so much that you can forgo whatever content the lock behind it (new weapons, new frames, etc) because some porkchop is getting tied to it. So it really depends on how important that porkchop is to you in the present. However in the future I'm going to assume that there will be additional content that will require you have completed the Duterium Pantaloons content to access as with all nested progression..... 

tl;dr
In the short term, maybe? In the long term prolly not

3 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

I think this update could be a big divider in the warframe community where more than half can leave the game.

what how? is this much entilted people have become in community? one content that focus on drifter and then half of bloody community just quits? 

Really cool how some ppl decide to just dump on OP's post w/out answering their concerns.

Duviri will likely be mandatory. I'm not sure if it's a quest you start optionally or it will be what all players have to play, it kind of sound like it has to be played cuz you choose whether you want warframe or paradox. I'm also unsure if they fully fleshed out the details about this. Some others might know the answer to this. Hopefully, it will be optional so players can choose whether they want to keep playing the content they like and/or pursue through duviri. 

It's also kind of wild if players don't think DE will market and advertise this update. This is the company that bought an ad billboard for Warframe in Times Square in NYC (which completely missed the demographic audience). the ads being correlated to Soul Frame is a maybe or maybe not.

Just now, tabernacl said:

Really cool how some ppl decide to just dump on OP's post w/out answering their concerns.

Duviri will likely be mandatory. I'm not sure if it's a quest you start optionally or it will be what all players have to play, it kind of sound like it has to be played cuz you choose whether you want warframe or paradox. I'm also unsure if they fully fleshed out the details about this. Some others might know the answer to this. Hopefully, it will be optional so players can choose whether they want to keep playing the content they like and/or pursue through duviri. 

It's also kind of wild if players don't think DE will market and advertise this update. This is the company that bought an ad billboard for Warframe in Times Square in NYC (which completely missed the demographic audience). the ads being correlated to Soul Frame is a maybe or maybe not.

oh no free content wish has been waited for 4 years is mandatory, whole community is divided and it crash and burned... and what a tragedy billboard in times square advertising warframe related content what a devil DE has become.... 

6 minutes ago, Doomyo89 said:

oh no free content wish has been waited for 4 years is mandatory, whole community is divided and it crash and burned... and what a tragedy billboard in times square advertising warframe related content what a devil DE has become.... 

this is a confusing response to my post. I don't know whether you agree w/ my opinion or your just trying to dump on my post. Also, DE did have an ad over Times Square. The former creative director flew down and took a selfie with it. I never implied this was devilish.. I just implied that they advertise new content. I also stand by saying they missed the demographic cuz how many 'gamers' are wondering around Times Square? Let alone noticing one of the many 'billboard' ads above them. 

4 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

This is going to be a big divider, but the Z-kids and Drifters alone are not what's going to cost them half their player base

It's already confirmed you CAN play Warframes during parts of the update. Even if you couldn't, the mere existence of the Z-kids has never been a deal breaker. Like I don't like them either, I have them muted because REAL Tenno don't talk. But I like what they are in the story: half of a partnership.

Second Dream was about revealing the partnership. War Within showed and Sacrifice showed what the partnership was about from both sides. Regular updates show is where the Warframes come from, I get plenty of my Warframe fix satisfied. Now the big quests, New War and Duvuri, are showing us where the other half of the partnership comes from.

I'm down for that, I think a lot of players are down for that in concept. How they would lose a lot of players, is if the update completely breaks and doesn't work

36 minutes ago, tabernacl said:

this is a confusing response to my post. I don't know whether you agree w/ my opinion or your just trying to dump on my post. Also, DE did have an ad over Times Square. The former creative director flew down and took a selfie with it. I never implied this was devilish.. I just implied that they advertise new content. I also stand by saying they missed the demographic cuz how many 'gamers' are wondering around Times Square? Let alone noticing one of the many 'billboard' ads above them. 

you  are saying like it was bad idea? 

Archived