Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We all agree Amar is the worst fight in Warframe, right?

4thBro

5 hours ago, 4thBro said:

I haven't even fought snake lady yet. But I couldn't even come up with a worse fight than Amar if someone paid me to.

So if she's worse, I'll be SINCERELY impressed.

Amar is just boring.  That's the only thing wrong with him.  Other than that he is nice and straight forward and simple.

Nira is far worse.  Outside of constant annoying toxin procs random amalgam moas can wander into the arena at any time...and those can easily heal nira for over half of her health if you can't insta-kill every enemy around nira constantly...which undoes all of your progress because a moa just walked up to the door and it opened and then topped off her health again, for the sixth time, near instantly.

Beyond that as her health drops she can spawn a wave of amalgams, and if she spawns multiple amalgam moas then she'll get near full health before you can kill them all even with AoE weapons that can one-shot them....which just means that by the time you get her down to that low health she could very easily do the same thing again and again.
On the other hand if she doesn't summon that specific enemy than the fight takes far less time and is far less annoying....so how bad you find the nira fight is partly up to how RNG feels at the time.

Unless you go in specifically with a one-shot build for Nira she is the worst archon fight, and the worst boss fight in the game.

• Like 1

If these fights gives you problems then you should never look towards Sekiro, Elden Ring or any other game that requires mechanical skill. Warframe is a complete casual game. Just watch a youtube guide, build a fair set up and pull the lever of the machine. That's it. 

12 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Sounds like a skill issue to me

IT IS a skill issue. 

Period. 

19 минут назад, Tsukinoki сказал:

amalgam moas can wander into the arena at any time...and those can easily heal nira for over half of her health

So that's how she does it. Interesting. Couldn't find this info on wiki. I take Grendel to Archon fights - will make sure to eat every enemy there from now on.

nira 100%

amar is actually the easiest of the archons, only thing he has is the clone thing (idk what its called). just take out your synthesis scanner and spam aim until you find the one that's green, that's the real one.

boreal's annoying to fight, but otherwise easy. constant invulnerablility phases, spawning sentients you have to kill (that are also very annoying to kill), spawns a triangle of orbs you have to destroy, constantly pushes you away during those invulnerablility phases...

but none of them are as annoying as nira. toxin damage, constant healing if you missed the oneshot, turns you into a statue occasionally, jumps around the map while invulnerable and probably healing as well, spawns sentients you have to kill and heals while you kills them...

Of the 3 Archons, Amar is by far my favorite.  IMO it was the most reasonable of the 3 fights, both during the New War and after.

And there are plenty of bosses in Warframe that are more tedious than even the worst of the Archons (once you have a weapon that accounts for attenuation).

4 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I don’t remember what the fight was like years ago, not even sure I fought him before my break when I came back in around 2018 for Fortuna, but nowadays I’m not even sure he has any attacks beyond that shockwave clap. I think he spawns Mutalist Ospreys? They’re not hugely scary.

He's supposed to have three primary attacks: homing leech missiles, electric orbs, and fire blast. Mutalist ads are supposed to spawn, but at the very edge of the arena and their aggro range is too small to come help Jordas, because Archwing.

4 hours ago, CoffeeElemental said:

So that's how she does it. Interesting. Couldn't find this info on wiki. I take Grendel to Archon fights - will make sure to eat every enemy there from now on.

Just be ready for when she summons allies as she can randomly summon amalgam moas...and their first action upon spawning is to use their heal ability.
Pure RNG dice roll on when she summons things on whether it'll prolong the fight or not..

Sometimes you get lucky and no amalgam moas appear and she goes down nice and fast.
Other times you get unlucky and the fight just becomes annoying and boring.

5 hours ago, Felsagger said:

If these fights gives you problems then you should never look towards Sekiro, Elden Ring or any other game that requires mechanical skill. Warframe is a complete casual game. Just watch a youtube guide, build a fair set up and pull the lever of the machine. That's it. 

IT IS a skill issue. 

Period. 

Those games aren't as skill-intensive as people make them out to be. But after typing a whole response, I've decided to delete it, because this conversation isn't going to accomplish even a single petty thing, let alone anything else.

• Like 4

Pretty much all warframe bosses suck. They're all counter intuitive, vastly unclear and not very engaging. Imo all bosses regardless of the game should never be completely invulnerable. It cheapens the experience  by effectively saying to the player "wait now"  how is this phase of gamplay defined as anything other than bad? (Having to Reposition for a clear shot is fine.) I'd go so far as to say Kullervo is the best boss fight in the game so far... only took 10 years to do it.

Edited by Mieo_Mio

Seems pretty consistent that people think Nira is the worst. Actually interested in seeing her, lol.

What I hate about Amar is the constant invuln phases. I had a match where he was bouncing them for 5 straight minutes, just back & forth. And then he's also kind of annoying to try to headshot, as he's constantly bobbing up and down, and doing full-screen slams and S#&$... Just TOTALLY obnoxious.

But also consistent, people are saying Owl is second most annoying. He seemed totally trivial to me. His head is ALWAYS easy to hit, and his sentients... well they were kind of annoying, but I'm assuming I just don't know their mechanic. I've been in groups that seemed to "shatter" that deflective shield instantly, so clearly I just don't know something.

I dunno, lol.

47 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Same thing happens with Sergeant 

This made me think DE should make an easter egg where sometimes the Sergeant just leaves before you fight him.

Lotus: "I think the assassination target has just got intel on your equipment and is currently abandoning ship. We're receiving fragments of their communications mentioning "having known volunteering in the army was a mistake" and "starting a peaceful life as a farmer". Excellent work, Tenno!"

• Like 1

On 2023-06-22 at 5:25 AM, 4thBro said:

I haven't even fought snake lady yet. But I couldn't even come up with a worse fight than Amar if someone paid me to.

So if she's worse, I'll be SINCERELY impressed.

He was really easy to me, Owl boy was the worst of all.

Edited by GrenthPrime
  • Like 1

On 2023-06-22 at 9:24 AM, Tsukinoki said:

Amar is just boring.  That's the only thing wrong with him.  Other than that he is nice and straight forward and simple.

Nira is far worse.  Outside of constant annoying toxin procs random amalgam moas can wander into the arena at any time...and those can easily heal nira for over half of her health if you can't insta-kill every enemy around nira constantly...which undoes all of your progress because a moa just walked up to the door and it opened and then topped off her health again, for the sixth time, near instantly.

Beyond that as her health drops she can spawn a wave of amalgams, and if she spawns multiple amalgam moas then she'll get near full health before you can kill them all even with AoE weapons that can one-shot them....which just means that by the time you get her down to that low health she could very easily do the same thing again and again.
On the other hand if she doesn't summon that specific enemy than the fight takes far less time and is far less annoying....so how bad you find the nira fight is partly up to how RNG feels at the time.

Unless you go in specifically with a one-shot build for Nira she is the worst archon fight, and the worst boss fight in the game.

Yay damage attenuation moment.

• 2 weeks later...