Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennocon wasn't the place for soulframe

(XBOX)Cotton Tail

Honestly, I just left twitch on in the background while I went and did something else... I got my gara drop though...

The small bits I caught looked pretty much what we saw last time though....

45mins after the stream started and still nothing about warframe from what I've seen 🙄

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 7

Exactly. They wanna show their other games ? They should show this at the end. So the people who don't care don't have to suffer through it.

But hijacking the Tennocon for Soulframe is free advertising for their game noone would be interested in otherwise.

• Like 14

hace 1 hora, (XBOX)Cotton Tail dijo:

It felt disrespectful to the Warframe team. It was too long, and frankly, nothing special. 

It's just marketing bro, plus they are the original WF team, it would be more disrespectful not to have them there and if that's not special to you that's your problem.

• Like 11

To me, the length and, to be honest, kind of rough gameplay, made it very "meh".

Plugging their new project for 10-15 minutes? Cool! Showing gameplay that was 50% corridor walking and clearly tutorial-like combat? With 5 minutes of co-op thrown in that didn't do anything co-op-like? That was bizarre.

I really hope Soulframe works out, the art is pretty and there's an interesting mix of ideas, But at this point, the game isn't solid or exciting enough (yet) to deserve a 30+ minute slot that crowded out the actual Warframe announcements, making the Warframe team literally watch the clock and rushing the end.

Edited by EtherPigeon
  • Like 8

Want to show Soulframe? Fine.

Do it ... not on the main event slot. Give it its own panel before that. There's a lot of stuff that was only briefly overviewed for Warframe that didn't get the time to be discussed at all because Soulframe ate up its time.

I think giveaways and Soulframe ate up like 50+ minutes of the 90 minute showcase. That's lame. 

• Like 10

To be fair, since it hasn't been released nor has its own convention established TennoCon was the place for it... however, the TennoLive segment itself was unequivocally NOT the place for it

I agree 100% with many here (and likely many more who will be) saying that it should have gotten its own labeled timeslot somewhere in the lineup

11 hours ago, EtherPigeon said:

30+ minute slot that crowded out the actual Warframe announcements, making the Warframe team literally watch the clock and rushing the end

This cannot be said enough

To me, the single worst part is that Soulframe's arguably oversized (or at the very least, in my own opinion, definitely mis-positioned and mis-labeled) time slot being within TennoLive came at the expense of Warframe team members essentially having to make up for lost time (and possibly having to move more of what they wanted to show then and there into an upcoming September devstream instead)

Second to that (but also no less disgusting) is how viewers that are pressed for time and only available to watch certain segments of TennoLive (let alone TennoCon in its entirety) were expecting to see the Warframe 1999 reveal at, say, the beginning of TennoLive rather than at the end -- an even more trivial change which could have EASILY averted that and possibly other problems by the way -- but instead were basically baited-and-switched into watching the Soulframe reveal instead, then had to immediately go to work / appointment(s) / etc. afterwards

I get that VODs / recaps / etc. exist, which mitigates the immediate above at least somewhat... but I'm truly deeply hoping that DE as a whole learns at least one important lesson from how this particular segment was (mis)handled and makes necessary adjustment(s) to future TennoCon schedules going forward, which would also include transparently labeling what exactly is shown during what segment and when

Edited by DeeDeeLyla
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Well, that sure gives me confidence in Warframe's future

This is another one of those things that others here aren't talking about (yet), and which I'm fairly certain is also a concern of the Warframe team: Optics. Matter.

How exactly does it come across to Warframe players when a large segment of what was supposed to be Warframe's segment is... instead taken up by another project, let alone one which likely isn't even close to being a full release candidate yet at that? Probably not as positively as it would have had each project instead been given their own clearly labeled segment, to say the least

Edited by DeeDeeLyla
  • Like 4

On 2023-08-26 at 3:30 PM, (PSN)Station2D- said:

It's just marketing

If it really was "just marketing" that would be one thing, but one team was forced by management to cut into another team's time, which made it something other besides that entirely

On 2023-08-26 at 3:30 PM, (PSN)Station2D- said:

plus they are the original WF team, it would be more disrespectful not to have them there

And? Who they are doesn't change the fact that -- whether it was them or uppermost levels of management (perhaps even both) who made the call -- how TennoLive was (mis)handled was harmful to both teams' efforts.

You can have a team at an event and even have their product showcased in ways that don't sabotage others, yet that's clearly not what upper management intended

Edited by DeeDeeLyla
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DeeDeeLyla said:

How exactly does it come across to Warframe players when a large segment of what was supposed to be Warframe's segment is... instead taken up by another project, let alone one which likely isn't even close to being a full release candidate yet at that? Probably not as positively as it would have had each project instead been given their own clearly labeled segment, to say the least

Yep, it's Tennocon, so I expect things related to "the Tenno" i.e. the Warframe game. If this was just a general Digital Extremes conference, showcasing different things they're working on or publishing, then it wouldn't come across as hogging the spotlight or giving me the impression that this game is EoL.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Want to show Soulframe? Fine.

Do it ... not on the main event slot. Give it its own panel before that. There's a lot of stuff that was only briefly overviewed for Warframe that didn't get the time to be discussed at all because Soulframe ate up its time.

I think giveaways and Soulframe ate up like 50+ minutes of the 90 minute showcase. That's lame. 

What's even more pathetic is that this TennoCon had plenty of downtime. Take advantage of those downtimes to show Soulframe's video (as they did for the 2 devs from Wayfinder talking about their games). It definitely didn't need to be a live demo, record it and put it in the 30min+ downtimes here and there

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Chewarette said:

What's even more pathetic is that this TennoCon had plenty of downtime. Take advantage of those downtimes to show Soulframe's video (as they did for the 2 devs from Wayfinder talking about their games). It definitely didn't need to be a live demo, record it and put it in the 30min+ downtimes here and there

When you spell it out like that, really puts into perspective how grossly (mis)managed the timeslots were...

There was even upwards of 30 mins in such downtime just before TennoLive; the upper management / venue / etc. didn't have to put the Soulframe team in a bad position of having to interrupt the current Warframe team's event nearly as much if at all, which also put them in a bad position... yet they did, which was a choice (regardless of who made it)

Edited by DeeDeeLyla
  • Like 3

Signed in just to upvote this. Soulframes an entire genre shift in game. Slow, somewhat weird fantasy, and overall the characters look just like warframes models, just less appealing in the setting theyre supposed to be in. The weird metal android arms and body modifications just dont work in a fantasy setting like that. And without super technology faces shouldnt be hidden all the time by ridiculous face coverings. Howre they supposed to see with no techy HUD. It was irritating as all hell to wake up to watch tennolive and have to scroll past over half the presentation for soulframes nonsense. The story even looked more convoluted than warframes and thats saying something since Warframe already makes no sense

Its a no from me fam. 10 year anniversary tho and they open with another game from devs who didnt wanna keep making warframe. 

• Like 7

I don't at all mind that it was included, but I agree that it should have been edited down to be a bit shorter if it was going to be included as part of the main event.  Or if the team really felt it needed to be that long, yeah, the downtime between TennoCon and TennoLive would have fit it in perfectly, with its own labeled timeslot.

Edited by Andvarja
  • Like 5