Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The amount of people that don't know you can have more than one Vitruem probe is too high!

Numerounius

So I am running some public matcmaking for event stuff and time after time again I see that nobody takes the time to insert in more than one probe.

It isn't as straightforward as just inserting an additional probe into Vitruem though.

The way the mechanic works is that you are able to have 1, 2, 3 3 3 3 etc. probes seeking for each zone you do. So you can't just immediately start inserting probes like a madman as soon as you enter the mission. And each area is still limited in the amount of eyes it provides before it is exhausted and you have to progress to the next zone.

After you place the first probe in for a zone it stops the HUD notifications for it. However if you pick up a probe marked by the mini-map it tells you that you can place it if you can.

And it isn't like Excavation or Mobile Defense where setting off more than one probe could be a bad thing if the enemies destroy it or separating the group to fend off two areas. It just sets off more eye seeking waves for that area that will help you exhaust the area faster.

Also, the amount of people that don't know you need to actually interact to start the boss is up there as well.

• Like 1

i think part of it is that ramp up. they are much less likely to stumble onto this option since the first stage is limited to 1, which indirectly teaches them to expect that to be how it works.
more should discover it on their own if the first stage allowed 2.

and Transmissions aren't a good way to offer things to Player, because the Character are always yapping forever in this game. Players are taught to ignore whatever they're saying outside of a Quest because they're annoying.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i think part of it is that ramp up. they are much less likely to stumble onto this option since the first stage is limited to 1, which indirectly teaches them to expect that to be how it works.
more should discover it on their own if the first stage allowed 2.

This. 100%

25 minutes ago, taiiat said:

and Transmissions aren't a good way to offer things to Player, because the Character are always yapping forever in this game. Players are taught to ignore whatever they're saying outside of a Quest because they're annoying.

The Bird is even worse than Cephalon Sark from Conclave or Ordis. It's quite irritating.

I do it whenever possible. My issue, however, is the long unstoppable locked-in-place animations: picking up a bottle of eye drops takes about three seconds, and actually using the eye drops takes five, plus an additional five seconds for the eye itself to do the animation.

With all this crap, I don't bother trying until after picking up all four murmurs from the first eye I squeezed some drops into 

The fish does say you can have more than one seeking at the same time, there is really no excuse to not do it

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I do it whenever possible. My issue, however, is the long unstoppable locked-in-place animations: picking up a bottle of eye drops takes about three seconds, and actually using the eye drops takes five, plus an additional five seconds for the eye itself to do the animation.

With all this crap, I don't bother trying until after picking up all four murmurs from the first eye I squeezed some drops into 

I just use operator to do it, can be in void mode and safely plug it in

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

You mean what Fib is telling you during the mission? Kinda their fault at that point

8 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

The fish does say you can have more than one seeking at the same time, there is really no excuse to not do it

Its not intuitive to transmit game details that way. When the talking points of NPCs through this type of transmission are irrelevant to a mission it doesn't make sense to have people all of the sudden monitor that element for gameplay details like this. Just use the HUD to transmit game details to communicate this information like that up to 3 probes can be active for this search.

2 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

But there will be that one person who just stand there killing enemies without grabbing the eyes.

Technically they're still helping, as killing enemies reduces the time until the next Vision.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

When the talking points of NPCs through this type of transmission are irrelevant to a mission it doesn't make sense to have people all of the sudden monitor that element for gameplay details like this.

Most in-mission dialogue is relevant to what the player should be doing, actually.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Numerounius said:

Its not intuitive to transmit game details that way. When the talking points of NPCs through this type of transmission are irrelevant to a mission it doesn't make sense to have people all of the sudden monitor that element for gameplay details like this. Just use the HUD to transmit game details to communicate this information like that up to 3 probes can be active for this search.

Pretty much all transmission dialogues are related to the mission's objective

• Like 3

Seems like it's just a case of hoping someone else does it for them. Disruption has been out for ages now, and I still get people who'll never bother with the actual objective, I have had runs where I was the only one who picked up, inserted and killed. If someone else helps, it's generally just one person, fairly uncommon to see all 3 actually doing what the mission is expecting. Same thing with pub Eidolons, etc. The issue is when ever there's something beyond killing what's on your screen repeatedly really.

What's worse (since when others don't add more probes, I just add more mysefl) is the people who stand there shooting at a (non red) eye, instead of jumping into it to collect it.  I've seen several do it, and it baffles me - because to get to the bounties they have to done the quest - where they learned the mechanic.... so they know they need to collect it not shoot it..... yet they stand there shooting it.

I assume therefore it's lazyness going "there's one, you can go get it" instead of getting it themselves.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Numerounius said:
10 hours ago, -Krism- said:

You mean what Fib is telling you during the mission? Kinda their fault at that point

9 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Its not intuitive to transmit game details that way. When the talking points of NPCs through this type of transmission are irrelevant to a mission it doesn't make sense to have people all of the sudden monitor that element for gameplay details like this.

With respect, there's no way to suggest that NPC transmissions during missions are irrelevant without either misremembering or lying.  They always talk you through what you need to do to complete the mission.  And that's how I learned to play these new games modes: by entering the mission blind, and then listening to what the NPC's had to say, the same way I've learned every single game mode that's been added in previous updates.

9 hours ago, Numerounius said:

Just use the HUD to transmit game details to communicate this information like that up to 3 probes can be active for this search.

It already does this.  Eyedroppers are highlighted on the minimap until they can no longer be used, and when you have an eyedropper you will get objective icons at available eyes.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
typo
  • Like 3

to be fair, the only way to learn this in game is through listening to Fibonacci, an NPC who talks an awful lot and most of it is usually not missions critical. IMO NPCs need to either speak ONLY with critical info, or ONLY non critical speech, not a mixture of both, otherwise some people will hear non-critical speech, tune out, and then miss the important bit that comes right afterwards.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Numerounius said:

So I am running some public matcmaking for event stuff and time after time again I see that nobody takes the time to insert in more than one probe.

It isn't as straightforward as just inserting an additional probe into Vitruem though.

The way the mechanic works is that you are able to have 1, 2, 3 3 3 3 etc. probes seeking for each zone you do. So you can't just immediately start inserting probes like a madman as soon as you enter the mission. And each area is still limited in the amount of eyes it provides before it is exhausted and you have to progress to the next zone.

After you place the first probe in for a zone it stops the HUD notifications for it. However if you pick up a probe marked by the mini-map it tells you that you can place it if you can.

And it isn't like Excavation or Mobile Defense where setting off more than one probe could be a bad thing if the enemies destroy it or separating the group to fend off two areas. It just sets off more eye seeking waves for that area that will help you exhaust the area faster.

Also, the amount of people that don't know you need to actually interact to start the boss is up there as well.

it has to do with players not wanting to deal with keeping more than 1 spot clear of enemies as couple of times seen people start probe leave to search for voccas as they wanting to have others deal with it instead.

4 hours ago, dangerdragon117 said:

to be fair, I don't know HOW to do it. I keep thinking that I need to collect a probe in order to insert it, but I can never find any and most of the time it is over before I can finish looking.

The probes are a yellow box looking marker on the minimap (and a green light you can see when you get close), and are either in the room or in the hallways - once you pick one up, you should get a marker for the spots to put one - When there's already a probe in one, there's a whiteish sword looking thing above it.  The probes are always in the same locations, so you'll get to remember where they are and it makes it easier to find them.

• Like 1