The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

just got my theory about umbra frame...is it possible that excalibur umbra is stalker? since stalker clearly has name "shadow" on him and according to lore stalker really hate warframe so much is it possible that the one who use stalker frame send his frame to let us kill ballas who create all frames? since stalker frame might be the only one that can kill ballas if all normal and prime frame is useless to him(this connect with DE word about not all frame turn umbra too since umbra frames can also be stalker and his acolytes frame)

Im just afraid that we can get 2 playe with umbra just in quest and that's it. Because of China warframe... and that is why they trying to mask everything with new cosmetic... if that is the case then what s the point of waiting for 3 years... 🤔😑

vor 2 Stunden schrieb UMBRANEMESIS:

Also, I watched all the Ballas cutscenes and trailers (back to the prime ones) and I don't think the dude talking in the Umbra trailer is Ballas in his right mind. Yes, it's Ballas for sure (even the CC for the trailer supports that), but something got in him. It just sounds too much like Hunhow, and I don't think the DE sound team just did that by accident. The tone is the same. 

Agreed. We only have some bits from Ballas, but the sentence from the trailer doesn't really fit to these former bits. The tone isn't distinguished, soft and delicate enough. 

It could be very likely Hunhow.That would be a pitty, because a Ballas acting on his own free will  intrests me way more than a puppet on the strings of Hunhow, a theme we already got.

Ballas has multiple facets, cruelty, grief, wish for forgiveness, narcissm and love.

Hunhow is the destroyer of worlds.....yeah *yawn*

• Like 1

I’ve posted above to suggest it might be Teshin, but maybe the Cherry Tree is a way for Ballas to demonstrate real love for Margulis by saving her children as a sacrificial substitute.

Ballas is the Other NPC wearing a Samurai Sword.

Game design supports Ballas, actually as Teshin is “Uncle Conclave”.  Trshin’s loss requires work to retool Conclave UI.

13 minutes ago, Omnijack said:

If teshin is the sacrifice, wouldn't that be a nice and clean way for DE to finally kill conclave?

To be honest, if we are sacrificing someone, I’d love to sacrifice the Lotus for noodle dad. :clem:

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

12 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

To be honest, if we are sacrificing someone, I’d love to sacrifice the Lotus for noodle dad. :clem:

Right there with you. I'd love to have Ballas as our leader. We've had Lotus for 4+ years now. It seems that half the community is split down the middle regarding this.

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

So... I did a thing. Thanks @S0V3REiGN for the idea.

WARNING: Might Trigger people.

Hide contents

aWDEEk8.png

If you look at every youtube video surrounding the trailer, this type of comment is present in all of them xD.

The ironic thing about is that there really isn't any people calling for EP anymore, for obvious reasons.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01
  • Like 1

Well I think that something will happen to Teshin, because for watching twitch partner streams we get golden teshin bust. Coincidence, I think not because they allways had either misc customization items or something based on update if we talk about placeable decorations and its also a very strange choice to giveaway golden Teshin bust when he is not the focus of the quest. Also a very strange choice of words in the trailer "Howl all you want, it won't bring him back", so its not like we will lose Lotus and its not Ballas because operator wont care much about his death, the howl part is most likely about the Umbras scream before the words are said. So we 100% will lose a male character close to us and he will most likely be killed by Ballas and that death will trigger the umbra system (whatever it is).

Also they wont get rid of operators, because too much work went into them to just scrap them.

Edited by NeroXero

10 minutes ago, Degameth said:

So with new Umbra Frames will there be quests to get them

Obviously the former (which I have isolated).

I would like to believe that, one way or another, Founders would be able to put Excalibur Prime cosmetics on Excalibur Umbra. If not, then for those Founders who lost Excalibur Prime for one reason or another, Umbra would be their salvation.

Real question is, now, how would we get Ballas' Sword?

7 minutes ago, NeroXero said:

Also they wont get rid of operators, because too much work went into them to just scrap them.

Spoiler

They can't get rid of Operators because they are the only means of direct Void damage as of now. The closest thing to 'removing' them is giving them a new Focus School to allow them to Transference into their Warframe directly, replacing the Warframe's head with their own - effectively canonizing the humanized Warframe concept and preserving their powers and means of direct Void damage, but Void Blast is swapped for melee. Of course this visually cannot work with some Warframes (like Chroma), but that can be worked around by making them visually unchanged. This could also be where the Channeling FX could live on.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

[comment]

Then they'll improvise, I suppose... As for Ballas? Maybe both? He could challenge us to a melee-only duel with no powers; a fair fight. If we win, we swap melee weapons and keep them. Would be funny to see Ballas try and use a Nikana Prime with that long arm of his.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Expanded with a reply to Nero and Bloodline.

1 minute ago, NeroXero said:

Well I think that something will happen to Teshin, because for watching twitch partner streams we get golden teshin bust.

Teshin was just one of many Dax soldiers. They all wore the same armour and had the same weapons, so there is a possibility that the bust is in fact of another Dax entirely. 

Только что, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 сказал:

Teshin was just one of many Dax soldiers. They all wore the same armour and had the same weapons, so there is a possibility that the bust is in fact of another Dax entirely. 

Maybe maybe not, its all speculation and beside the fact that some male character close to us will die(most likely by the hands of Ballas) we have little info.