Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)The Neko Otaku said:

Umbra is coming with The Sacrifice Quest, Big cinematic quest take along to time to make. If DE worked on the Sacrifice instead of PoE we would still be waiting for The Sacrifice to come out. 

winter is coming....

12 days of warframe....

'12 months no umbra'

as the vid was posted in 2016....

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)The Neko Otaku said:

Umbra is coming with The Sacrifice Quest, Big cinematic quest take along to time to make. If DE worked on the Sacrifice instead of PoE we would still be waiting for The Sacrifice to come out. 

Not necessarily, it would ultimately depend on how big the quest is. If it's The Second Dream/TWW sized, it'd only take about a year max, as opposed to the 2 years we've been waiting so far, during which we've had many updates. 

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)The Neko Otaku said:

DE has made two big cinematic quests since they announced they were bringing Umbra to our region. 

10 hours ago, Ksaero said:

So, as far as I understand, Apostasy is indeed the prologue of The Sacrifice. Also, The Sacrifice will be released before new open-world map. No details on WHEN though.

Can I ask where it was stated this was coming before the next landscape? 

Edit: nvm, found it. unfortunately most of the staff working on the next open zone makes it sound like this quest could get shelved yet again. 

Edited by Cubewano

Umbra is just pointless. Who needs 3x of the same reskinned power creep frame with the same abilities.

Who uses normal frames once you have a prime?

Who's gonna use primes if umbra is better?

Who's gonna use umbra is primes are better?

It's plain lazy and a cash grab.

Umbra should not exist.

Edited by --Q--Ascended-Seraphim

1 minute ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

Umbra is just pointless. Who needs 3x of the same reskinned power creep frame with the same abilities.

Umbra doesn't have the same stats as excalibur prime.

To the OP, pretty sure the Devstream said that from now on they're focusing on the sacrifice.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

Umbra should not exist.

If you don't own the prime, umbra is the only alternative you have.

Why not make sure umbra has similar stats to prime, or buff the prime so as to not step on founders' toes?

I'd get umbra only to use its body main skin on my prime (hopefully comes with the scarf)

It's not a cash grab if it's supposed to be pseudo prime for a warframe most people don't have the prime of

6 minutes ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

Umbra should not exist.

If it's an excuse to serve up more lore and a new cinematic quest then I'm all for it.

2 minutes ago, Cryptix123 said:

Umbra doesn't have the same stats as excalibur prime.

To the OP, pretty sure the Devstream said that from now on they're focusing on the sacrifice.

Either way the better stay frame will used, the the weaker frame shelved.

1 hour ago, Valor said:

This is mostly just a rant that'll probably get a lot of flak.

At this point Umbra is just a meme, because every time you say that it's coming, something else ends up pushing it back. Even now, on Devstream 104, you guys say that you're hard at work on the next quest, then immediately follow up with 'Most of our team is working on the next open world update.'  It's haphazard. 

I feel like it would just be easier and better for everyone if Umbra got pushed to the forefront of your release catalog just so that we can all move past it, I'll bet you're getting more tired seeing the daily 'UMBRA WHEN' threads than we are making them. 

The community has waited a lot longer for Umbra frames (and the lore/scarves)  than we have for open world content. We just got Plains of Eidolon, which in my opinion still needs a lot more work done to it before moving on and forgetting about it with a whole new area which will likely come with its own brand new set of issues. 

Just a rant. I may be totally out of line, the wait is just frustrating. 

*Yawn* Ohhh Look another Umbra thread......nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, Valor said:

I'll bet you're getting more tired seeing the daily 'UMBRA WHEN' threads than we are making them.

Implying they read the forums lol, but otherwise good point.

21 minutes ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

Who needs 3x of the same reskinned power creep frame with the same abilities.

I doubt anyone wants Umbra to be just a reskin with the same abilities, i don't even like Excal and i'm still waiting for Umbra because i expect it to be something different but if it would be just a reskin then yeah, that would be just lazy.

18 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

If you don't own the prime, umbra is the only alternative you have.

That could be a Prisma Excal, sold by Baro using the same mastery as Excal P, problem solved.

4 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Edit: nvm, found it. unfortunately most of the staff working on the next open zone makes it sound like this quest could get shelved yet again. 

My thoughts exactly. I feel it's a contradiction to say that the quest is planned to release before the second landscape, yet most of the team is working on the latter. If it was truly meant to be first in line, wouldn't it be fair to assume the majority of the devs are giving their time to it? I guess not.

I still ask myself why I continue to talk about it even though there's nothing left to talk about (implying there ever was, heh). Everything was covered a long, long time ago, and now it's just the same discussion echoed over and over and over.

Edited by LazerSkink

18 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I doubt anyone wants Umbra to be just a reskin with the same abilities, i don't even like Excal and i'm still waiting for Umbra because i expect it to be something different but if it would be just a reskin then yeah, that would be just lazy.

I do, and I'd be disappointed if it wasn't since it is advertised as excalibur umbra. If they wanted to make a new frame with a new kit, then they should just make a new frame, not a variant of a frame most notable for being the only frame currently lacking an available upgrade and then make it not that frame. 

that said there is nothing in the several years of waiting to suggest umbra will be anything other than a reskin on the same tier as a prime so not much to worry about at the moment for me. 

Edited by Cubewano