Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Imo they are doing it right.

When they know they are ready to show us, they will

I'm afraid that by this logic they've done it wrong.

They did show us, last year in July. Given it's almost a year later and it's still a mere fairytale they weren't ready to show us, therefore... not right.

DE can be great developers, but their handling of 'hype' is frankly atrocious. :crylaugh:

• Like 6

8 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

If you think the success or failure of this quest, and the marketing of it, could potentially end the game, then I think your hype is most certainly waaayyyy too high. I stopped caring about Umbra long ago, because two years ago, after they'd promised it for a whole year, it didn't look like it was coming at all. That was the best thing I did, because I have no hype right now for Umbra. I'd like it to come, but I'm not stressing out about it. It also helps to focus on other games because this game is letting me down in other areas. That's more things to care about, which means I care about warframe even less. And that helps when managing expectations. You tend to not see it as the end of the world when a game falters.

my hype is low actually, but I see what you're getting at. I made the point out of concern due to what I'm seeing. I may be wrong I guess then: people won't care if it's bad, I would just be a huge disappointment and warframe will still go on

1 minute ago, Caliboom said:

It would be nice if DE just wasn't so silent and gave us hints, how the quest is going, how close it is, stuff like that. Being too silent about it just doesn't help.

They're doing this now, so you can only imagine how close to release it is 😛

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I always forget just how beefy Umbra looks. Its like he’s been on a intense-training week with Rhino as his instructor.

Its just the scarf with a straight back. Somehow the posture of Excalibur Umbra shows me that he thinks he is superior or something.

26 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Its just the scarf with a straight back. Somehow the posture of Excalibur Umbra shows me that he thinks he is superior or something.

Normal warframes are like Robin,prime version is like Nightwing and Umbra is more like Batman 😊👌

• Like 2

18 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

I doubt people will really quit the game if this release sucks though because if that is the case, it would already mean those people don't enjoy all the other content that Warframe offers and a quest and 1 or 2 new shinies aren't gonna change anything for them after a week or two.

Yeah, if I can just be completely honest here, I’ve been burned out for more than a month now and am lacking motivation to even do so much as log in. The pages upon pages upon pages of rants I post are just routine, and I doubt the Sacrifice and Excalibur Umbra will keep me playing for a bit more than how long the quest lasts.

Realistically speaking, I’ll finish the quest, acquire the frame, level it to 12, get bored, re-equip Nidus, and log out for a pretty extensive period of time until the Nidus deluxe drops, log back in, buy it, play with it for a few minutes, get bored, back to logout period.

Edited by LazerSkink

30 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Yeah, if I can just be completely honest here, I’ve been burned out for more than a month now and am lacking motivation to even do so much as log in. The pages upon pages upon pages of rants I post are just routine, and I doubt the Sacrifice and Excalibur Umbra will keep me playing for a bit more than how long the quest lasts.

Realistically speaking, I’ll finish the quest, acquire the frame, level it to 12, get bored, re-equip Nidus, and log out for a pretty extensive period of time before the Nidus deluxe drops, log back in, buy it, play with it for a few minutes, get bored, back to logout period.

I feel you. I was burned out long ago too, i have stopped for some years now I have not yet tested many of the last things added  (like PoE) and I'm waiting umbra to do it.

I'm looking forward to test venus and others later on.

Thanks to umbra I'm actually looking forward to get back in and try to get myself playing it again for a long time. You could say that I have saved alot of content to test everything in a single go, this way I don't feel a waste of time to boot the game and turn if off again 5 min later.

9 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm afraid that by this logic they've done it wrong.

They did show us, last year in July. Given it's almost a year later and it's still a mere fairytale they weren't ready to show us, therefore... not right.

DE can be great developers, but their handling of 'hype' is frankly atrocious. :crylaugh:

That is why I believe it is a good thing they are keeping quiet now.

They made the misstake of hyping before and got burnt by it. I mean, I am still here, this thred is still here in its 3d iteration, regardless of those misstakes.

Lets not forget how much have actually happened in those 2 years either.

2 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I mean, I am still here, this thred is still here in its 3d iteration, regardless of those misstakes.

There's also the danger of misconstruing(consciously or not) how important the quest and Umbra is to the population as a whole, or even the forum going 1%. Echo chambers can be an iffy thing if one isn't aware of them, cause they can make it seem like something's of way greater importance to a lot more people than it actually is.

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 a dit :

Like two months before the actual release. But people took that message as a sign that it was a week away. Like some people are doing now.

True, however, they may well put the trailer with the operator winners next week.

Posibilities are endless afterall.

3 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Like two months before the actual release. But people took that message as a sign that it was a week away. Like some people are doing now.

60 days?...It kind of lines up with a special something-or-other the name of which slips my mind.  What was it again? And when is it?? 

2 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

This must be a long quest...

Thats the thing tho, no length is going to satisfy the urges that people had for that quest for 3 years now. So, they'll either make it repetitive and annoying like the glast gambit, or somehow pull a 180 that will stop people from saying "It took them 3 years to make this quest" in disappointment

On 2018-05-25 at 4:41 PM, NightmareT12 said:

@(XB1)EternalDrk Mako did you see this fanrender yet?

Hide contents

excalibur_umbra_by_nikout13-dcb0zzr.png

Found it on Deviantart, apparently the guy extracted the model and redid the materials. I think it's the best look I've ever been given to this.

reminds me of rhino stance umbra 

i wish i had extracted mesh i wanted to make a 3d statue for my desk