Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

It doesnt seem special as its cc (ie sleep) is already tackled well with equinox. Also the survivability aspect has better contenders like inaros, chroma, rhino etc. So by its basic design its use will be very low. The design and idea are mind blowing and i personally think sentient type abilities should be there like 25% damage resistance and possessed enemies kill others (max 10 possessed, if more than 10 they kill each other) 

My main problem is that controlled/ possess enemies don’t inflict deadly dmg to each other like they can on us. Which is why Nyx & Nekros hardly get any playtime from me. I think DE shouldve found a way to have controlled enemies to inflict above average dmg to each other before making a whole frame revolve around It. 

His powers are more like some sleeping beauty then a Vampire frame... I like that we have finally vampire frame but I think that he need something more powerful and so that we have some good use and kill eidelons with him... And his power effects are more sparkly then dark and spokoky...body design is cool but helmet 👎😕

8 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

That would break the lore. One thing is to be adorned in Sentient bones and energy. Other thing is use Sentient powers that only Sentients can use, especially if the Tenno needs to use Void Energy to use Sentient Powers. And that doesn't make sense.

He can't reproduce as being affected by Void energy that doesn't mean he can't use it. He is half Sentient and half Infested ( all frames have infested inside them ). He should have access to both Sentient and Void powers. I think it doesn't break the lore , maybe some things that don't make sense but it can be fitted somehow.

Gameplay wise DE can give Revenant an additional energy bar that can be used for his Sentient ability / abilities. That bar can replenish overtime or by killing afflicted enemies.

8 hours ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

Also good to know that they are gonna take a look at his powers , specifically his Ult.

Edited by Aeon94

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

My main problem is that controlled/ possess enemies don’t inflict deadly dmg to each other like they can on us. Which is why Nyx & Nekros hardly get any playtime from me. I think DE shouldve found a way to have controlled enemies to inflict above average dmg to each other before making a whole frame revolve around It. 

your forgetting nyx augment mind freak 

6 hours ago, WolvenEdge said:

So tell me how a LIVING SENTIENT is growing and corrupting a living and Operator-Channeling Warframe? I can understand wearing a Sentient, and the use of dead Sentient parts for...

First and foremost, there is very little we know about this new Warframe, and so while spitballing theories is fine, getting angry about something that hasn't had the potential to happen yet is a little silly. I'm sure we'll get an explanation on why and how this frame is Sentient-like. And on the off-chance we don't, then we can get butthurt.

The best we can do until DE gives us more details is spitballing. Let's do that and go on the very little information we know. All we can really confirm is that 36 is "afflicted by Sentient Energy". We don't really know what Sentient Energy is, how it interacts with other energies etc, but we do know DE is very specific about the energy being an affliction. We don't know is if the frame uses Sentient tech*. We don't know if there's anything living or growing there. We don't know if "Sentient Energy" = "it's a Sentient", and there's strong indication that the energy itself is lore-wise an unintended part of the frame.

Possibilities that might explain 36's nature:

Orokin designers tried to use captured Sentient tech to create a Warframe for use in the Old War, to allow a frame to fight Sentients more effectively or to perhaps to disguise itself as one.

36 was a normal average frame, possibly designed/used to fight Sentients, and during its battles was hit with Sentient attacks that left it with this Sentient Energy.

*Although, we do know Sentient tech can be compatible with Warframes (Chroma), and it can have Void Energy pass through it without harm (melee channeling through the Hunhow weapons). "The Void is poison to the Sentients" may just mean it will slay the living elements of a Sentient, not cause complete obliteration.

il y a 15 minutes, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 a dit :

your forgetting nyx augment mind freak 

That augment should have been built in from the start. Same thing for Pacifying Bolts. Would have left Nyx in a much better state. Nyx's issue is mostly the fact that her efficiency heavily relies on her incredibly powerful augments (especially Assimilate that is literally a god-mode button, basically something utterly broken). She retains a lot of usefulness thanks to Chaos, but the rest needs to be looked at. Nyx is quite a Dinosaur along with Trinity, Banshee and Wukong.

Now about Vlad, I also think he steps a bit too much into Nyx's area. In his current state, he's either going to be a worse Nyx or a better Nyx. I would need to playtest that in game before anything. Sentient style is quite surprising, but to be honest the game doesn't define that well what kind of powers sentients could have aside from damage adaptability. Actually the fact that Vlad doesn't revolve around damage adaptability is a lil bit surprising.

Moved to warframe and abilities feedback.

Edited by D20

He looks great but yeah he reminded me too much of Nyx, a more damaging and slower version, when in fact I still feel that Nyx's chaos mode should cause 'mind explosions' or some crazy stuff.

I hope they heavily relook at his abilities as I'm with what other people have said that for an 'Eidolon' frame, he isn't very... Eidolon. Where's the lasers, where's the stars, the screams and all that? Lost opportunity.

It kind of gives me the impression that DE are running out of ideas now. Felt like that for a bit but it's more evident with this frame. Not that I blame them, there's only so much you can kind of do with WF as it is at the moment and if they aren't trying to make it OP/OTT.

Edited by Valiant

9 minutes ago, The_Unlife said:

Unlife...... just kidding, how about Vukod (as in Vukodlak) which is a form of revenant (also slavic word for werewolf as well as vampire for some reason)

He is not vukodlak he is more like sparkly ghost

Just by looking at the new Warframe, we can see several problems.

1 - It has 3 abilities designed to do one thing: convert enemies to your side and fight for you, which is cool and all, but not only this should have been Nyx's job all along, Nekros can get his own army with one click. It also has very little to do with vampire or sentient themes.

2 - Not only Nekros can get his own army with own click, they also have improved damage and can reduce the damage taken by Nekros.

3 - The third ability can be used to steal life and shield. Stealing life became practically pointless, as you can recover hit points using your operator anyway, and Mag can recover shields not only to yourself but also to your allies and companions....and even provide overshields to everyone. So, not even the added gimmick to differentiate from the 1st and 2nd abilities is that great.

4 - The expensive 4th ability does what Equinox's 2nd ability does....but worse. And the added explosion effect requires you to kill your newly formed army with the help of 3 abilties. So, they don't even serve as mines to kill more enemies.

5 - The abilities don't feel sentient like. The one ability we know for sure the sentients possessed is the ability to gain resistance from any damage source.

First thought seeing those twit images is of a Black Knight, channeling a sort of energy. like the Battletech variety idling. JqsD4gq.jpg

I can be wrong, but it would seem that Alex is responsible for such nice work.

1 minute ago, The_Unlife said:

I wish it was a heavier emphasis on him being a Vampire, sleep and mist form don't really cut it for me 😞

Yea I imagine him (vampire) much more darker and like some damage frame...but for now im happy with a name,its like dream come true. 😊👌

Vlad looks like an interesting frame, but I think it needs some work. At the moment it looks more like a cheap necros with some other frame abilities worked in. I may be wrong but anyway here we go.

Core:

vlad is another frame with no sheilds and would start with a base health before any mods of 2000.

Vlad's health will slowly dwindle when out of combat, while not out right killing Vlad, will drop health to 100 if no action is done.

If Vlad's energy is depleted, will instead take from his health, having an abilty taken from his health will boost the effect.

Abilties:

Leech: Vlad will mark a target, stunning them. while stunned Vlad will get a constant health regeneration from the target, this of course will tick away at their health. Oddly enough if the damage done is over the targets health the target will change from stunned to zombie and attach enemies, but the final damage must come from either the ability or a finisher that only vlad can do to the target. The finisher being to take the remaining health from the target and heal vlad.

Passive effect: If Vlad gets over healed by this effect the over flow of health will turn into bonus armor equal to how much health was taken, and as a pseudo shield that acts as extra health, so any attacks that normally are not effected by shields must eat through this blood shield before ticking down to the health. The shield is not effected by Vlad's constant health drain and will not be effected if Vlad uses his health in place of energy.

Health draw: If health is used, will increase the amount healed.

Knocked down status: if Vlad is knocked down, instead of falling he will be in a stunned state, standing. If Vlad has any shield it will be taken to heal him after a few seconds, of course during this time enemies can still attack him, and if they deplete the shield before time is up he will be unable to use it and will fall normally. Of course during this time players can still pick him up as normal.

Bleeding body: Vlad gains an interesting passive, while active any attacks will coat any enemy near him with a damage over time corrosive attack.

If health is used to cast: Effected enemies will give a % of damage back to Vlad as health

Mist form: Vlad turns into a ghost like form, moving forward stunning any enemies who enter the mist. Vlad is unable to attack but us unable to be harmed.

Health draw: If kicked with health will do constant damage to enemies healing Vlad for a % of health taken.

Swarm of blood: Once unlocked every time vlad gains the pseudo shield, it will add to a blood pool, the blood pool will increase for every kill by vlad, giving more if done with his abilities. Once full Vlad can unleash a swarm of parasitic bat like creatures that will attack anything in a radius, vlad's body will also disperse into a swarm during this time vlad's health is reduced to 100 and the pseudo shield is removed, the more health and shield Vlad has at the activation of this abilty the stronger the effect. As the swarms deal unavoidable damage to all enemies in the radius, a health buff is given to vlad, regaining health and if it manages to go over, a new pseudo shield. Enemies killed will become loyal zombies that will attack enemies the moment the ability ends. 

Vlad will be considered a health tank that needs to remain in a fight. Cause of his state, health orbs will not heal vlad, granted healing abilities from other frames will.

...sure they're gonna have similaritys since it seems to me like he's the male counterpart of the mind controll theme. That is literally something DE does. Thing is tho looking at his abilities that they'll play completely different soo...that beeing said, huge success?