Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

28 minutes ago, WolvenEdge said:

Described in stream as 'afflicted by a sentient'. Not literally a sentient, not even sentient-themed.

I think you didn't pay attention.

Yeah actually, I did. Also, it is sentient-themed, that's a fact. And just because sentients die from void energy doesn't mean one couldn't curse a Warframe. I don't see what makes you think "affliction" means "living sentient".

And even if it was a living sentient, it's a fantasy sci fi nonsense world with barely any lore and an evolving story. They can do absolutely anything they want with it. I guarantee you that it is not breaking the lore. They wouldn't do it if it was. You can come up with half a paragraph of technobabble and it all works.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Personally I'd rather see Vlad use health to pay for abilities. His passive could convert energy orbs into something like shields or health. I mean we already have no shield frames so why not a no energy frame? Also, the aura would have to be a D polarity to support Physique/Rejuvenation.

38 minutes ago, Urlan said:

to be integrated into a technocyte organism like a warframe, impossible as established so far in the Warframe Setting

When was it explicitly established? The orokin did release the infestation against the sentients, after all.

There's also the fact that Alad V made the main feral strain of technocyte able to infest machinery. It's not unbelievable that our more 'pure' kind could do that even better. I don't think the technocyte integration is entirely out of the question here, at least with, say, nanomachines or whatever, and not a full-fledged sentient.

The real issue would be the void energy, but if the extremely adaptable technocyte and sentient matter could be merged, it could adapt to that as a new hybrid form.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Yeah actually, I did. Also, it is sentient-themed, that's a fact. And just because sentients die from void energy doesn't mean one couldn't curse a Warframe. I don't see what makes you think "affliction" means "living sentient". It's more like a curse.

And even if it was a living sentient, it's a fantasy sci fi nonsense world with barely any lore and an evolving story. They can do absolutely anything they want with it. I guarantee you that it is not breaking the lore. They wouldn't do it if it was. You can come up with half a paragraph of technobabble and it all works.

Curse =/= become part of and try to take over via infection.

Not an argument, and 'just a theme' isn't an argument either, as it's full of sentient parts and overflowing with sentient energy, therefore part sentient. Not cursed by sentient, not just sentient themed, not literally a sentient.

I think you didn't pay attention.

7 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Been having a discussion in another thread about this, but I can spitball an idea:

The Sentient afflicting the frame is basically serving as part of a symbiosis of sorts. It doesn't affect the frame any further than the equivalent of the epidermis (lest it be annihilated by the void energy that reaches lethal concentrations deeper in), and the frame makes sure not to kill it by going too heavy with void powers. In kind, the Sentient helps out the frame do its framey business because it knows if it doesn't, its death is guaranteed. Doesn't fit super well with the abilities but, IMO, the abilities don't fit a Sentient frame terribly well in the first place, so it's a sin already committed.

And as for how that started? Could be all sorts of things. Maybe it's just a sad, lonely Sentient that Vlad's operator took pity on, one looking just to survive instead of murdering everything. Who knows. For the most part, the other factions have their share of complexities, from the Corpus and the Perrin Sequence to the Grineer and Steel Meridian, so another "rogue" Sentient probably isn't too far-fetched in principle. Not like there's no other precedent, after all.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm still misinterpreting something. Can't recall the stream ad-verbatim and I'm really multitasking too much to be able to double-check. Sorry!

Interesting idea, and I do like it... but the concept of channeling and Transferrence unfortunately nulls this idea. Transferrence being the big one as channeling is apparently being scrapped, nevermind that it's a featured cameo in the War Within. Kinda salty about that, and curious as to how they're going to retcon that.

The abilities are apparently up for revision, so we'll see on that front.

8 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Oh no, thats in the lore. The Warframe transforms the Void energy in the powers we have. Thats the entire idea of the Warframe, a conduit, a lens to focus the Tenno power.

Now how they do this is the mistery. Maybe Frost transforms Void Energy in Ice, or he uses Void Energy to reduce temperatures around him and then use water in the air to make Ice. We don't know.

But the Warframe is the one that transforms Void Energy in powers. Pure Void Energy doesn't have elemental properties. We only know that it damages Sentients and if you are exposed from a long period of time, you go insane.

Kinda what I suspected. I guess my running headcanon is that the void energy in Warframe powers is more diluted compared to operator powers, which is why frame powers are ineffective against Eidolons (which fits with the whole 'poison lethal dose' metaphor mentioned before). But by saying that, I'm losing track of my own point lol. I don't even think I have one any more.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Personally I'd rather see Vlad use health to pay for abilities. His passive could convert energy orbs into something like shields or health. I mean we already have no shield frames so why not a no energy frame? Also, the aura would have to be a D polarity to support Physique/Rejuvenation.

He has innate lifesteal os it honestly could work. He'd be basically immune to every energy nulification enemy too because he's not using energy.

That being said if we go that route his health pool might need a buff.

11 minutes ago, WolvenEdge said:

Interesting idea, and I do like it... but the concept of channeling and Transferrence unfortunately nulls this idea. Transferrence being the big one as channeling is apparently being scrapped, nevermind that it's a featured cameo in the War Within. Kinda salty about that, and curious as to how they're going to retcon that.

The abilities are apparently up for revision, so we'll see on that front.

I'm not wholly familiar on all the technicalities for how Transference works, but maybe is very smol Sentient, like a Minient. The operator transfers out the front, so if the Sentient part just GTFOs and does a koala cling onto the frame's back like a wobbly meat shield, I'd think it'd be OK.

Or the Warframe has a little void-protecting pocket. A literal pocket protector.

(The thoughts are legitimate but after I wrote down "Minient" I couldn't present it seriously I'm sorry except not really)

EDIT: To hell with it. I want to have Vlad with a pocket and a tiny Sentient poking his head out all adorable and S#&$e. And a series of pictures of this Mini-Sentient getting stuck under Limbo's hat or under Mesa's hat and Vlad running around trying to catch him. Gib it DE.

Edited by Tyreaus

9 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

I'm not wholly familiar on all the technicalities for how Transference works, but maybe is very smol Sentient, like a Minient. The operator transfers out the front, so if the Sentient part just GTFOs and does a koala cling onto the frame's back like a wobbly meat shield, I'd think it'd be OK.

Or the Warframe has a little void-protecting pocket. A literal pocket protector.

(The thoughts are legitimate but after I wrote down "Minient" I couldn't present it seriously I'm sorry except not really)

EDIT: To hell with it. I want to have Vlad with a pocket and a tiny Sentient poking his head out all adorable and S#&$e. And a series of pictures of this Mini-Sentient getting stuck under Limbo's hat or under Mesa's hat and Vlad running around trying to catch him. Gib it DE.

My problems have been solved by cute. You win.

18 minutes ago, Vilemyre said:

He has innate lifesteal os it honestly could work. He'd be basically immune to every energy nulification enemy too because he's not using energy.

That being said if we go that route his health pool might need a buff.

Yeah, it would need some tweaking but it would be way more interesting than the current version. At the very least it would make Vlad unique and fit with the vampire theme. The best part is that it could really work well with the current abilities so there isn't that much tweaking that would be needed.

hace 7 horas, NullSaint dijo:

You are complaining about a frame after the literal first look we've ever had? Are you serious? You've seen a minute, maybe two of the frame in motion, and heard vague descriptions of it's abilities and you are already set to declare it useless?? JFC.

First, not every frame has to be to your liking. Other people might enjoy it.

Second, there are others ways to play the game, at least one which doesn't necessitate killing any enemies, much less hordes of them.

Third, how many times was Khora changed after she was released?

How about if you have a cup of tea and wait for the frame to actually be done before you decide if it's good or not?

Its not matter that Vlad its not released or that is early in his development .... the very desing its wrong (they can buff the duration , range or whatever in the skills , but the functionality is final ... unless they are doing another "Khora pre release rework" to him )  . The OP has a really valid point , DE push to kill enemies faster more and more with each update , and then release frames that has no utility for that ( or any other aspects of the game ... perfect example is Khora , is basically useless )  or need enemies to stay alive to work .... has no sense .

Vlad needs a passive 'Werewolf' guardian (unique design Kubrow), right? Okay maybe just a genetic mutation set included in Vlad's bundle. Either way I'm excited for 36!! Love Nyx and Saryn, the idea of combining their powers could possibly summon Captain Planet. 

2 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

That's true. I suppose my main issue with it is that it feels like the Sentient theme is tacked on. When have Sentients ever gone the mind-control route or acted like vampires in just about any respect? Maybe Octavia's Anthem, kind-of sort-of. But if you took away the Sentient theming and just dressed this frame up like Vlad the Impaler, would it really feel any different? Might it even fit better? The Sentient / Eidolon theme just doesn't feel necessary or like it especially jives with the powers, particularly when compared to the theming of frames like Hydroid or Equinox or Mesa.

Honestly his theme is more artistic than gameplay, the way he was described was a Vampire in an Eidolon like package. Personally I liked his concept art more than his actual model. His concept look like his arms were going to be asymmetrical with a big ol energy hand. I just wasn't feeling it as much as a model. Other than that, as much as Reb wants to push the Vampire theme outside of lifesteal the skill set was screaming sandman, dream eater, boogyman type thing.

2 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

And sure it's just a theming thing but what about more Sentient-themed abilities they could use instead? What about something like an adaptation field that gives allies in range a 95% damage reduction to whatever damage type is accumulated after 3 hits, or a self-buffing ability that adds missing health as armour and missing shields as extra shield capacity with a little bit of regen? Those would probably fit the Sentient theme a lot better, but clearly don't fit as well with a vampire theme (compared to what they've got going now, at least), y'know?

We don't have a lot of Sentient traits to draw from so I can understand your train of thought but these ideas aren't all that practical. Enemies don't generally have wide ranges of weapon properties through out a mission. Also enemy weapons follow the same damage rules as we do for the most part. So they generally are throwing more than one damage type at us (eg IPS) per shot. Depending on how much they account for in the adaptation stage the power could just become unwieldy and unreliable for protection or too generic that it might as well just be flat out pure DR. The damage negation in the preview sounds better in this regard if it works decently against ranged attacks as it does melee. The self buff ability is just another version (lesser at that) to Chroma and Vex. Where they share an armor boost but a shield increases is useless to that because armor doesn't apply to shields (and shields aren't great to begin with). Incidentally Chroma can cover all of that as Elec Chroma with Ward and Vex.

Other than that what do we have left to work with? Laser turrets? A more reactive Shield Share? Spectral form might be cool.

Yeah, I'm hyped. This frame is more minion focused than Nekros, with 3 of his abilities all related to affliction and control. I imagine max duration is going to be my focus to squeeze as many minions as possible.

Unfortunately, I don't see him being good for team play. From what I saw in the devstream segment, you're able to kill afflicted minions, meaning teammates can probably do the same. Good luck controlling an army with teams that can nuke rooms or shoot indiscriminately.

Funny. Me and a guy been talking about how the amps and the War are made from sentients and I’ve asked about DE making a warframe version and maybe even a sentinel that looks similar to the little guys that drop cores. Their names are complicated. But I never thought DE would actually make a sentient styled warframe. It’s pretty exciting. With the kind of sentients we be fighting plus the Tenno, I can imagine a dozen abilities similar to the sentients. Like being able to shoot an energy ball that scatters into homing energy bullets that target nearby enemies. Creating 2 different portals in different positions that can allow teammates to travel back and forth for a certain duration. And even attacks can fly through one and come out the other, even amplified with sentient energy. I could think of more but that’ll take too long. But these 2 I mentioned reflect the sentients in the plains. Can’t wait to try him out with whatever abilities DE finally decides.

48 minutes ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

We don't have a lot of Sentient traits to draw from so I can understand your train of thought but these ideas aren't all that practical. Enemies don't generally have wide ranges of weapon properties through out a mission. Also enemy weapons follow the same damage rules as we do for the most part. So they generally are throwing more than one damage type at us (eg IPS) per shot. Depending on how much they account for in the adaptation stage the power could just become unwieldy and unreliable for protection or too generic that it might as well just be flat out pure DR. The damage negation in the preview sounds better in this regard if it works decently against ranged attacks as it does melee. The self buff ability is just another version (lesser at that) to Chroma and Vex. Where they share an armor boost but a shield increases is useless to that because armor doesn't apply to shields (and shields aren't great to begin with). Incidentally Chroma can cover all of that as Elec Chroma with Ward and Vex.

Other than that what do we have left to work with? Laser turrets? A more reactive Shield Share? Spectral form might be cool.

I don't know, I kinda feel like we have plenty of Sentient traits to draw from other then damage adaptation and Lasers.

We know they shape shift and can attach/detach parts of themselves and the environment, as we have seen from Natah/Hunhow/Conculysts/Eidolons.

We know that some can open portals to spawn other Sentients like with the Hydrolyst. and buff those summoned sentients by giving them different attacks and complete damage immunity and that they can regenerate by absorbing them.

We know that they cannot be damaged except when you take down their shields.

And then there's just general characteristics that is shared among all Eidolons like the Energy spike and the big ass Gun on their arms, their seeking attacks. their ground slams.

Again I don't know, I feel like if DE wanted to make a frame that is actually themed around Eidolons they wouldn't have much trouble doing so. but the whole "Revenant" theme is the furthest they could've gone with it, its completely unrelated to Eidolons or Sentients. When did you see a Sentient turn into Fog or Control mobs into attacking each other, or even use sleep?

I like his abilities to a certain extent, i can see them being a lot of fun in solo. but those abilities are not for a Sentient themed Warframe. 

Looking at the latest devstream, Vlad or known to be vampire type for the newest warframe. That infliction ability works like a single target of Chaos ability of Nyx. Except this one is allow to spread if they try to attack other enemy. The question is;

Can Nyx get similar rework for her ability?