Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

6 hours ago, Ryme said:

He looks like a Harrowed version of Nyx, which is essentially a much harder to use and weaker version of Nyx. He has a lot of mechanics that culminate in doing not a whole lot. I'd argue that Inaros is closer to a Vampire frame that what Vlad is currently.

They seem to want Vlad to be more like a CC version of Saryn; spreading CC instead of damage. It's an interesting concept, but just not productive in terms of getting anything done. Or rather, what Vad needs 2 to 3 skills to accomplish, Nyx achieves with one.

Frankly, I think Vlad would be better off just as the deluxe skin of Inaros. Make the energy effect more granular, so that it looks like sand and you're done.

I agree with the Inaros comment. I was also thinking that the Inaros devour and the bleedout mechanic would fit Vlad really well......if they didn't exist already.

But I disagree with the deluxe skin. It works better as a deluxe skin for Nekros.

So a friend I have been talking about a this new frame and he bought up some vladid points. 

Like whenever you think of vampire you dont think of someone putting people to sleep and controlling enemies or do you think of you think of claws, sucking the life force from an enemy, bats, etc. 

Me on the other hand am honestly dissapointed well so is he kinda. However I am dissapointed not only cause the Eidolon frame doesn't seem Eidolon esk and it doesn't seem vampire ish at all either. It's more over that this concept this artist made for Rebecca went to waste. 

Note I know Rebecca posted that vlad would get some tweaks with abilities from her Twitter post here; 

Of all the people who commented sadly only one said "I rather them create an Eidolon frame and a vampire frame rather than trying to fuse the two. " 

Even if you guys didn't want to copy a fan art concept  cause of copyright my buddy thought of some things you could do for a real vampire frame.

Similar to Nidus he/she could have stacks right, and the 1 ability charges these stacks by either dealing damage, applying a dot, or just marking them.

The 2 could be like some type of mobility that if you pass through the enemy you can apply stacks and heal if you pass through them as well. 

The 3 could be aoe stun or something that "controls the blood inside of an enemy"

The 4 sucks all the blood stacks in an area an turns into a ball. Dealing damage and healing allys in the area. 

These were the abilities he provided in our conversation for an vampire concept. 

Edited by takeshiblue

Mind control, supernatural charm, or otherwise turning people into thralls is actually a pretty common power for vampires in most fantasy settings. Looking at the new frame's power set, I found the vampire motif pretty easy to see, even if they're going for more of a Sentient look on the visual side of things.

Personally, I'm pretty into it.

Just gonna spitball some ideas. I understand that Vlad has a gameplay theme in mind, and I also understand that many feel like the Eidolon theme isn't apparent enough. Here's a couple of suggestions

1. When 1 is cast on an enemy, Sentient energy burns the targets mind, forcing them to do nothing but walk aimlessly while the energy damages them over time. The enemy takes a % of their max health in damage over time. If the enemy dies from the first stage of affliction they turn into an Eidolon Spirit, which has a unique model and attack set, and count as a summon. The Eidolon Spirit will continue to wander aimlessly until Final Affliction is applied. Once applied, Eidolon Spirits attack enemies, applying Final Affliction on them, but not the first stage of affliction, and explode on death. If an affliction target is put into Final Affliction before their health is burned, they will have decreased health in Final Affliction thus exploding faster.

There were a couple of big issues I saw with this skill. 1.) Trolling and waiting for the next wave of Defense due to invincible, wandering enemies. Having their health drained during the "mindless" phase would allow them to turn into a summon to prevent these issues. Becoming a summon would also help 2.) Damage output of controlled enemies. Let's be honest, enemies in Warframe do not deal good damage to each other. The only damage this skill has is the explosion, which won't matter much if your allies wipe them out with ease anyways. Allowing enemies to turn into a "summoned" Eidolon Spirit would allow the spirit to deal decent damage while not being able to die from allies before being useful. These changes can technically keep the skill exactly as it was presented, but there's also room for the skill to perform better if the player allows.

2. When Vlad casts 1 on an enemy that has been stunned by Sentient Pact, a magnetic burst of energy erupts from his target, damaging enemies near it. Alternatively, Vlad can also cast Sentient Pact while charges are active to consume a charge and release magnetic energy from himself.

Right now Sentient Pact is cool as a CC survival ability, but looks like nothing more than Nezha's Warding Halo. Not only is there plenty of room to add some cool Eidolon-looking attacks, but it would also help the Revenant theme. The Revenant seeks to take revenge on those that did him wrong. The magnetic burst on enemies that try to kill him represents this.

I'd leave 3 alone until I see something done with 1 and 2, and 4 is likely being scrapped altogether, so I won't even make a suggestion there. 1 just needs to be useful without wasting your team's time, and 2 needs a bit more oomph to make it a really good skill.

IMO his abilities suit vampire theme but the looks definitely don't. IMO they'd better put the kit aside for the future vampire-looking frame and make a new set of abilities for this frame that suit sentient theme.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Let’s not forget that Patient Zero was about stopping the creation of an infested Warframe and then we got an infest Warframe. They have contradicted themselves in the past. And it’s not like it’s all that hard to find a way around a Warframe using sentient powers.

Wasn't Patient Zero about stoping Alad V from creating a new strain of the Tecnocyte/Infestation that could infect the entire system, both robots and humans?

Don't remember anything about infested warframe.

34 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

I agree with the Inaros comment. I was also thinking that the Inaros devour and the bleedout mechanic would fit Vlad really well......if they didn't exist already.

But I disagree with the deluxe skin. It works better as a deluxe skin for Nekros.

You mean because it already looks like the Deluxe skin for Nekros?

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Hi Matt, this is the the community subforum. There is no DE here. Please try posting feedback in feedback.

:thumbup:

Wow, so kind this time, have you gone soft? Or is it cause this one isn't a ranty saltfest?

I just wanna put my pitch in for a name suggestion. If he's a vampire/revenant who controls/commands others and he is affectionately called Vlad, I'd suggest something like Voivode:

Voivode[1] (/ˈvɔɪˌvoʊd/) (Old Slavic, literally "war-leader" or "war-lord") is an Eastern European title that originally denoted the principal commander of a military force.

The name also has a nice resonance with "Void", which is the main location for all things Orokin.

:community:

Edited by DaftMeat
Typo

Please provide an alt-helmet that is not "elongated" or pointy towerish for the new frame. Some may love the 'Marg Simpson" look but some do not.

Perhaps it's the overall form and proportions of the frame body vs the helmet or something but outside of Harrow I just cringe when I see the long helmets.

I love equinox's kit but won't play it because the tall helmets are so unattractive to me to put it kindly.

One of the things about vampire legends is their alluring nature

If you just knock the weird shriner top part.above the mask it would awesome imo

What’s the pay off? We amass a huge army of controlled enemies, but they don’t deal anywhere near the amount of damage necessary to actually kill each other. It feels like the entire “Affliction” effect can be ignored for his huge AOE sleep ability. I know they plan on big changes to his 4.

I hope they consider having it deal extra damage to those controlled enemies, or cause them to explode dealing damage to themselves as well as those caught in the explosion (it would be kind cool then cause you can cause a huge chain reaction explosion. And AOE explosions are something Eidolons are known for).

other than that I feel I share this concern with everyone else of the affliction spread rate, I hope it’ll be much faster than in the showcase. I don’t think we need another Ensare issue.

over all looking forward to the frame and hope someone at DE sees this and considers the ideas.

Please provide an alt-helmet that is not "elongated" or pointy towerish for the new frame. Some may love the 'Marg Simpson" look but some do not.

Perhaps it's the overall form and proportions of the frame body vs the helmet or something but outside of Harrow I just cringe when I see the long helmets.

I love equinox's kit but won't play it because the tall helmets are so unattractive to me to put it kindly.

If you just knock the weird shriner top part.above the mask it would awesome imo

26 minutes ago, Diarmut said:

Wow, so kind this time, have you gone soft? Or is it cause this one isn't a ranty saltfest?

Have I gone soft? Oh you :crylaugh:

It's not a salty rantfest.

I tend to try and word my response in a similar manner to the OP,

Ranty OP = sarcastic sassy response.

Well mannered OP = an attempt at a slightly more tame response.

I like the name Dauntless personally, works well with his abilities too. Just forget divergent exists like we forget about loki in thor 

or Erebus, being the greek god of darkness, like nyx being the greek god of night, they’re both control frames, 

gives them a nice link.

titania and oberon also have a cool link 

Edited by (XB1)CrescentWolf6
Ideas

6 minutes ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

If you mean vampires in american modern media, sure. In mythology & folklore they're described as monsters and often easily distinguishable from humans and in some cultures they can temporarily blend in or mimic humans,

In any case, I'm sure we'll see more alternate helmets than just what Revenant will be released with & I've seen a little bit of concepts for tennogen alt helmets too! So I don't think you ahve too much to worry about when it comes to that detail.

10 minutes ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

His alt helmet looks great and I hope they make it his primary. https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MarvelousHiddenCrow-mobile.mp4 

3 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

M1czMXb.jpg 

They look like some vampire templars and he is just right frame for them...

and i think that his power 1 need 2 look like this:TCgzQkJ.gif and not like some sparkly ghoust

and his power 4 is better 2 have some cool whip that when you fight and hold attack 2 jump with bat wings and 2 look like this:E4z9wYt.gif and blind enemies or puts all enemies 2 sleep...

And all the Transylvania fans rejoiced!

mosh-pit-concert-gif.gif

GET HYPE!

latest?cb=20151124232240

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

I understand he is a work in progress but I hope the dev team focuses on truly bringing out the vampire aspect of the frame. The thralls are alright and the mist is fine but I was really hoping to see some sort of bite or Legacy of Kain style blood draw power. I've been waiting and hoping for a true vampire frame for years, but right now Inaros feels more vampire than this guy.

The easiest fix I can think of is turning his melee finishers into a bite or essence steal. It's simple, doesn't affect his kit, and gives enough of that vamp feel to keep vampire fans happy.

That said, I haven't been this excited for new content in a very long time! Crossing my fingers...

5 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

If you mean vampires in american modern media, sure. In mythology & folklore they're described as monsters and often easily distinguishable from humans and in some cultures they can temporarily blend in or mimic humans,

In any case, I'm sure we'll see more alternate helmets than just what Revenant will be released with & I've seen a little bit of concepts for tennogen alt helmets too! So I don't think you ahve too much to worry about when it comes to that detail.

You're correct I also just went to the actual devstream instead of seeing just the main image and saw the alt helmet which i was asking for lol

Edited by OfPowerOfWant