Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

15 minutes ago, WolvenEdge said:

No. The armor would degrade due to the warframe's own energy if it was integrated, it would have to be surface only.
Void-capable Technocyte and Sentients are literal poisons to each other; Sentients are immune thatnks to Phylaxis, which is poison to infested, and Void energy destroys all but the toughest Sentient material, and renders even that inert.

The lore is very clear on this. For this frame to have actual Sentient influences, they are going to have to remain separate of the warframe proper to be lore-friendly... or DE shows that they don't care about their own lore, thus their own story, and to me at least, thus the game in general... not that they've been giving it very much TLC lately... just what seems to be ham-handed flailing in its general direction while its main team is working on something big in the background.

I would tend to agree.

3 hours ago, (PS4)LightningBlazzze said:

I was excited when I heard there was going to be an Eidolon type frame but when I saw their abilities, I won't lie, I was disappointed.

I agree. It seems very strange to try to pull 36 in two totally separate directions, that really have nothing to do with each other. A frame with an Eidolon aesthetic should have Eidolon themed abilities, while a frame with vampire abilities should have a vampire aesthetic. Trying to smash both into one frame seems like a waste of two perfectly viable ideas.

Like, instead of having lifesteal, he could summon an ethereal Vomvalyst, that would float around and restore health/shields, draw aggro, and generally be a pain for the enemy.

On 2018-06-01 at 3:25 PM, DJ_Vauban said:

I totally missed the stack thing lol. I have the dumb feeling we'll start off with too low stacks, which then get buffed in a hotfix, which then get nerfed again because it's too many stacks, and then it'll be changed into x amount of time instead.

Just give us “Eidelon’s Starfall” as a power, yes?

>Eidolon warframe

>None of his powers are giant magnetic waves of screw you

I'd rather they decide now what exactly they want him to be, because calling him sentient/eidolon frame with that power set does not do any justice.

3 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Alex. Sasha. Gregory. Sputnik.

12 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Something which isn't Vlad... Or like Vlad.

Nice try at humour but I had that covered.

Edited by Valiant

2 hours ago, WolvenEdge said:

The lore is very clear on this. For this frame to have actual Sentient influences, they are going to have to remain separate of the warframe proper to be lore-friendly... or DE shows that they don't care about their own lore, thus their own story, and to me at least, thus the game in general... 

I think the point is that they do care about the lore and the game...the problem is that they don't care enough about either to stick to the rules and make sure everything works and flows as they should.

2 hours ago, WolvenEdge said:

not that they've been giving it very much TLC lately... just what seems to be ham-handed flailing in its general direction while its main team is working on something big in the background.

Bingo. The 36th 'Frame is basically filler to keep the rest of the crowd happy / satisfied until the next big thing is released. I feel at this point, DE is grasping at straws in terms of ideas and themes for new 'Frames...and it's really showing.

Look at Khora, a rather slapped together mess of a 'Frame: a clearly spider-like visual theme but uses a whip-like ability, has a pet cat and...yeah. Strangledome itself looks like something that was thrown together in less than a week. Yes I know that she was originally going to have an exalted Whip and the ability to change damage types until the damage rework got shelved...but what do any of those abilities have to do with a spider-theme again...?

Honestly, DE either needs to hire more people to handle everything properly, or make better use of its resources and scale back the number of things they're working on. Either way though, DE desperately and seriously needs to FOCUS and figure out priorities and stick to established lore.

The world and story building they've been doing has been really sloppy as of late...and it's sad to see. That's part of what drew me to the game back around U7...

3 hours ago, Kyryo said:

Then why are a playing instead of fixing those problems?

Also, back to the topic, i might have heard wrong but during the devstream didn't reb say that Vlad will come from a quest ? 

Because not all of those issues have fixes and they want to play a good game. How could you blame them?

9 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

No, Summoning smaller drones is not a defining feature of ALL Sentients (Where's Lotus' drones?)  It is simply what happens when a larger Sentient is fragmented.  BUT in my theory, we're assuming the Sentient that is merged with Vlad IS, in fact, either one of those drones, or the only of its kind.  The former making sense as their are multilple copies of his frame, the latter being fine too.

Also, this is likely to ship with PoV, so new possible Sentients introduced with different powers.  People keep assuming ALL Sentients act like Hunhow, which obviously isn't true.  For example, Teralyst has no damage adaptation.  Just uber shields.

It's a defining feature of all Eidolons, which this frame is based of.

And again you're overreaching, other than the fact that there hasn't been any cases of sentients merging with us. Lore wise it's entirely impossible or at least very improbable considering void Is poison to them and that's what powers Warframes and the fact that sentients don't "merge" with anything that's living.

You can't assume lore for a frame that hasn't even gotten it's lore written yet to try and fit him in a game with powers that are completely unrelated to his design.

His kit is interesting but for another frame, an Eidolon frame shouldn't be a CC affliction type frame. reb tried to argue semantics over the notion that Eidolons are "cursed" to roam the night to find their parts, so that justifies a eidolon frame with an affliction theme, but just because they're cursed doesn't mean that they can inflict curses upon others. So again it just doesn't work, save the abilities for a more appropriate theme and give a Sentient frame abilities that draw inspiration from actual sentients that we have currently.

Edited by Midrib

3 hours ago, Kyryo said:

Also, back to the topic, i might have heard wrong but during the devstream didn't reb say that Vlad will come from a quest ? 

Reb said on twitter that a quest is unlikely, which is corporate talk for "it doesn't have one" and you can blame unnecessary 'major' projects like sacrifice and venus for that 

3 hours ago, WolvenEdge said:

The lore is very clear on this. For this frame to have actual Sentient influences, they are going to have to remain separate of the warframe proper to be lore-friendly... or DE shows that they don't care about their own lore, thus their own story, and to me at least, thus the game in general... not that they've been giving it very much TLC lately... just what seems to be ham-handed flailing in its general direction while its main team is working on something big in the background.

The void being poison to Sentients is a flaw that the Orokin put while making the Sentients as a safety mechanic so that the Sentients don't surpass them.

And since all Warframes are of Orokin design, they could've removed that flaw to make a Sentient Warframe.

In terms of lore from what we know a Sentient Warframe is plausible.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb -SDM-NerevarCM:

We were trying to stop Alad V because he developed a Technocyte strain that could infect everything. Thats why we destroyed the ships, the hives and his lab.

He never tried to create an "infested Warframe". He tried to create a new "race" of infested, called mutalist, from EVERYTHING, including Warframes.

Infested Mesa was just a normal Warframe controled by a infested ring that was controled by Alad V. It wasn't an infested Warframe like Nidus is.

In the end, the Tenno objective wasn't save Mesa or prevent the creation of an infested Warframe. It was save the origin system from the new strain that could infect everything.

Hm it was like that wasn't it ... in that case it may be possible that she wasn't "infested" in the first place. I mean infestion works in a specific way. It mutates everything around it and ultimately converts it to infested mass... infecting machinery is something entirely different in the way it has nothing to convert. Rather then that, that strain would need to grow by itself, possibly using the machines power source.

Infested mesa may as well have been an empty shell filled with the infestation that has grown out of the collar that acted as the source.

Nidus sure has similaritys in the way that it grows stuff using energy. I mean he succedet in withstanding the mass consiousness where alad failed so it indeed isn't lore breaking in the way it doesn't run wild but he is using an amplified version of alads strain. Or something along those lines.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

1 hour ago, Midrib said:

It's a defining feature of all Eidolons, which this frame is based of.

And again you're overreaching, other than the fact that there hasn't been any cases of sentients merging with us. Lore wise it's entirely impossible or at least very improbable considering void Is poison to them and that's what powers Warframes and the fact that sentients don't "merge" with anything that's living.

You can't assume lore for a frame that hasn't even gotten it's lore written yet to try and fit him in a game with powers that are completely unrelated to his design.

His kit is interesting but for another frame, an Eidolon frame shouldn't be a CC affliction type frame. reb tried to argue semantics over the notion that Eidolons are "cursed" to roam the night to find their parts, so that justifies a eidolon frame with an affliction theme, but just because they're cursed doesn't mean that they can inflict curses upon others. So again it just doesn't work, save the abilities for a more appropriate theme and give a Sentient frame abilities that draw inspiration from actual sentients that we have currently.

Just because it's related to Sentients (And indeed they DID say SENTIENT inspired, NOT Eidolon, which is a SPECIFIC type of Sentient.  Like, they say PRIMATE inspired, not Gorilla, persay), doesn't mean it should have the same skillset as one.  It's still a Warframe, not an actual Eidolon.

That being said, DE can make the frame lore be anything they want it to be.  It's their story, and their game, after all.  

I think they DO have 2 different ideas rolling around in what is being presented as one frame.  I've stated as much already.  Despite this, I think his skills would fit fine.  He's casting a spell.  He's using "Sentient Magic".  What's wrong with that?  He's a space wizard channeling his consciousness into an armor that is built out of a mutated corpse and is now enrobed in the bones of a dead robo-god.  Yet, putting entire rooms to sleep with a snap is "not making sense"?  Wut?

I think his kit is pretty cool.  I can see it being VERY useful, in fact.  I think his physical design leaves alot to be desired, as the various "flame" effects are too numerous and overlapping, and they flop around too much to be fiery, so I'm looking forward to seeing that updated -- especially now they've got better particle tech.

I think, design-wise, they should focus on a wandering Samurai, a Ronin, type of frame.  It fits the sword and aesthetics of the frame moreso.  I'm sure they could work generic Enhance/Buff-type abilities in there.  Then, create a separate frame for this Vlad, because it IS a really cool idea.

Anyways, regarding lore on Sentients and the Void, there's alot we still don't know, and Sentients are a tricky lot.  We certainly cannot rule out the possibility that some Sentient somewhere managed to adapt to that too.  Heck, we still have that bit of unknown backstory regarding Sentinels, like Carrier and whatnot.  They resemble Sentients, but they want to HELP us.  Perhaps there is more to this...Not to mention they DO work with us in a symbiotic manner, and our Void energy can revive them when we revive ourselves, too!

59 minutes ago, Midrib said:

The void being poison to Sentients is a flaw that the Orokin put while making the Sentients as a safety mechanic so that the Sentients don't surpass them.

And since all Warframes are of Orokin design, they could've removed that flaw to make a Sentient Warframe.

In terms of lore from what we know a Sentient Warframe is plausible.

How? The only established lore says the Sentient are immune to technocyte while also poisoned, physically degraded, and their energy dispersed by Void energy. On the otherside, we have warframes, which are composed of Technocyte and are fueled by that Void energy the Sentient find so much problem with - as shown in Octavia's Anthem, Simaris' Lore entries, and our fighting of Sentient -  and as such close proximity would be an anathema to them. That same Technocyte is capable of being poisoned by taking things like Iridite and Plains wildlife exposed to Sentient energy; as we during Plague Star with Eidolon Phylaxis on the much bigger Infested Boil. Nothing suggests that Sentient warframes can be possible in the game.

To do so, to make a Sentient warframe work would require rewrites of existing lore, or as you suggested earlier development of another Sentient main Organism akin to Hunhow or the Plains Sentient that broken into the Eidolons who somehow lacked Technocyte Immunity and also didn't give off Energy that could be used to kill or weaken Technocyte while the warframe would be weaker due to needing to not use Void Energy from Tenno to fuel their powers! Now some of this is somewhat moot however, as this warframe is proposed to be 'afflicted' by Eidolon Energy something that was not around during the time the warframes were made - as Quill Onkko's codex entries from completing the Saya's Vigil quest - the Sentient that broke and became the Eidolons only landed on ancient Er - Earth -  shortly after the Tenno massacred the Orokin Elite. We then have only two methods for such a warframe to exist. One would have to be the warframe originally had nothing to do with Eidolon energies and changed towards this theme meaning that a variant of it would be the Original version with different powers and stats since this would have to be after the Orokin Elite society had fallen and Tenno were marked as Betrayers. The second option would be even more confused, requiring control or manipulation of Time and Space to construct the warframe before the Fall yet using the results of a future and place where the Orokin Eilte were slaughtered by their champions and used the results of the actions of Gara and the Unum creating the Eidolon shards in time to 'afflict' a warframe made in their present time somehow able to integrate Eidolon parts or energy in a way that wouldn't kill or weaken the Technocyte organism they created.

This is the issue of the lore so far, what is being presented, what you are suggesting is currently impossible via the two contrary natures, and the time table for making such a combo as an official warframe.

Right now, vlad/revenant feels like a really odd mish mash of other frames with a really cool look to him. With how awesome he looks he  needs his powers to be more unique and more based on his theme.

First things first drop the vampire aspect, the eidolon part works fine as it's own theme. Putting both a vampire and eidolon theme into one just sounds like there's no room to really let either be good without one overtaking the other or making it feel it of place.

Second, his passive. I feel like given his eidolon theme, he should feel more like one. I was thinking maybe make his health pool fairly small compared to most, but then have him have "synovia stacks" that when he "dies" he explodes with energy and gets back up. These would start at 1 at rank 0 and move up to 4 at 30. They would also slowly come back over time, say 1 per 2 minutes or so, based on ability duration maybe?

Third, the rest of his abilities. In keeping with the eidolon theme, here's my ideas for him.

1: vomvalite- summons 1/2/3/4 small vomvalyst lookalikes that hover around you and draw fire while also acting as mini sentinels. Casting again when aiming at teammates sends one of them to give them a shield boost similar to a shield osprey.

2: eidolon crush- his energy arm changes into a giant eidolon limb and slams the ground, sending out a damaging shockwave like the eidolons stomp attack, and then a few seconds of those waves that home in from the arm slam.

3: eidolons call- lets out a cry that buffs all allies damage and speed, vomvalites that are active at the time will also become stronger and more aggressive.

4: eidolon force- summons 1/2/3 giant energy orbs that draw aggro in a certain range before exploding, knocking all enemies in range down and dealing a ton of damage.

EDIT: instead, make it like the gantulyst laser rain, with more lasers, longer duration, and have it spin faster with each rank.

This would make his eidolon theme more apparent and really actually cool while making him a decent aggressive dps with a bit of support and cc mixed in, as well as a cool extra survival mechanic.

As for his name, I think revenant is good, or maybe play off the eidolon theme even more and call him Zarilyst after the Zariman 10-0, the ship that started this all.

Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

4 hours ago, Kyryo said:

Then why are a playing instead of fixing those problems?

The notion, that everyone can pull themselves up by their bootstraps is a fallacy. Sometimes life deals you some really bad cards, and working doubleshifts aren't going to fix those problems in the near future. Besides, a lot of us play Warframe to get some relief and charge up our batteries.

Personally, I can afford a decent computer if living frugally and making some sacrifices. But having several disabilities and just went through minor heart surgery a couple of months ago means, that I don't have the option of working my ass off, if I want that extra economic elbowroom.

But I'm happy to hear, that you're in a situation, where putting in a few extra hours will solve your problems. Good for you.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Just because it's related to Sentients (And indeed they DID say SENTIENT inspired, NOT Eidolon, which is a SPECIFIC type of Sentient.  Like, they say PRIMATE inspired, not Gorilla, persay), doesn't mean it should have the same skillset as one.  It's still a Warframe, not an actual Eidolon.

That being said, DE can make the frame lore be anything they want it to be.  It's their story, and their game, after all.  

I think they DO have 2 different ideas rolling around in what is being presented as one frame.  I've stated as much already.  Despite this, I think his skills would fit fine.  He's casting a spell.  He's using "Sentient Magic".  What's wrong with that?  He's a space wizard channeling his consciousness into an armor that is built out of a mutated corpse and is now enrobed in the bones of a dead robo-god.  Yet, putting entire rooms to sleep with a snap is "not making sense"?  Wut?

I think his kit is pretty cool.  I can see it being VERY useful, in fact.  I think his physical design leaves alot to be desired, as the various "flame" effects are too numerous and overlapping, and they flop around too much to be fiery, so I'm looking forward to seeing that updated -- especially now they've got better particle tech.

I think, design-wise, they should focus on a wandering Samurai, a Ronin, type of frame.  It fits the sword and aesthetics of the frame moreso.  I'm sure they could work generic Enhance/Buff-type abilities in there.  Then, create a separate frame for this Vlad, because it IS a really cool idea.

Anyways, regarding lore on Sentients and the Void, there's alot we still don't know, and Sentients are a tricky lot.  We certainly cannot rule out the possibility that some Sentient somewhere managed to adapt to that too.  Heck, we still have that bit of unknown backstory regarding Sentinels, like Carrier and whatnot.  They resemble Sentients, but they want to HELP us.  Perhaps there is more to this...Not to mention they DO work with us in a symbiotic manner, and our Void energy can revive them when we revive ourselves, too!

I am afraid you are quite incorrect Taishin_Ishu, they specifically called it an Eidolon warframe as @Midrib correctly stated. You can simply rewatch the Devstream or read over the Devstream Overview written up by DE Danielle and linked pictures. The difficulty of the warframe is not the fact that its cool or not, its that the setting presents this combination so far as impossible in-universe for the reasons repeatedly stated. Sentinels are an interesting point in a way, as modern day scholars as shared by Ordis's Cephalon Fragments theorize that Sentinels might be descended from artificial organisms distantly related to Sentient. Mind, while this theory is presented it is a theory that Tenno explorers brought these organisms back to the Orokin who studied and made new variants for their servants' use. Mind, nothing outside this codex entry even collaborates this currently with several having primes, showing Corpus designs, or infested tissues or chassis - though that one has an alternate non-infested form as well.

With new helmet for example like this,he can look badass and more vampire looking....tennogen for him will be amazing 🙂  right now from DE he have wizard style and Goku 😕

7Tu17zc.jpg

Edited by Vlada91