Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Update 23: Visual Accessibility UI Themes and General UI Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

On the new inventory UI I cant even see how many free slots i currently have.

Search bar switches from left(old Foundry, Mod) to right (new Inventory) should be for all at the same place.

I would like to see that i can build an amount of items directy from inventory showing how many resourced needed. 

+1 for a list view + detailed information.

+1 Information on the item icon iself item level.

3 hours ago, digimbyte said:

You need to fix the order of the Squad bar to the following and add a Quick menu button
unknown.png

and Fix this UI bug of a fake quick menu button that appears when you idle but removes itself if you move the mouse
unknown.png

Why would you want that crap menu button when you hover the mouse over your icon and have it all there super easy to click? Adding that is more clicks and more work. No Ty.

23 hours ago, Zzinged said:

I really miss the hamburger menu located that used to be at the top left of the screen. I used to be able to mouse over that while in navigation and go straight to the arsenal. Now, I have to press esc several times (depending how deep into a menu I am) in order to get back to my equipment screen!

Absolutely this!

hopefully this is not the wrong thread, 

please return the mouse cursor at loading screen since if we got session unavailable we stuck in loading screen, i tried enter, space , esc key nothing work if there is button to bypass this please let me know.

thank you in advance. and sorry if there is same feedback post.

Edited by Avynire

So first, I know the whole thing hasn't shipped yet, but this is seriously half done at best and you're asking for plat for several options, that's icky. Would have been better to release 4ish themes and do it for free and promise to bring more after, and have those 4 much more done.  Very uncool roll out.

The main gripe I haven't seen yet covered is how the floating fade in/out icons (for stuff like boosters) in the top right of most screens are completely illegible.  Before I know it was saying "27 days, 4 hours" Now it says "27 days and asoidjfl;kasdjfg;lkasjglkasjdglkjasdg... Whatever, you guess how long it is" which makes the whole point of the icon (to give me information) completely non functional.  Every time I see it, it's a blatant reminder of how poorly this was thought out since the UI can't even give me the information it's supposed to.  Every time one of those icons pops up, which is like every second I don't see how much time is left I see a sign that says "This UI shipping was a massive mistake and we should have known better, but too bad for you, we already got your plat for this half done custom color scheme" which feels very much like a giant middle finger on screen to me directly from DE that pops up every 2 seconds or so.

The UX is bad and the UX designer should feel bad, as well as whoever approved it to ship (mandatory sepuku for that person and their family will be shamed for 7 generations even still).  In most cases we directly lose functionality and information as many have said before.  This is very very bad.

16 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Happy Monday, Tenno!

Please note that this morning we have hit the ground running with 'item names/labels on grids/icons'. Plenty of mockups are being worked on, and we may have some iterations on this as soon as this week. More to come!

Sweet, props to Steve and the UI team.

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Happy Monday, Tenno!

Please note that this morning we have hit the ground running with 'item names/labels on grids/icons'. Plenty of mockups are being worked on, and we may have some iterations on this as soon as this week. More to come!

Here's the real question: Why didn't you (or the other devs) release some pictures/.gifs/videos to the players before-hand? You weren't keeping this part of the update a secret.

A large number of the flaws with this system are visible at first glance for many players. The Relic, Prime Parts, Weapon, Ducat Kiosk, and Baro inventories were instantly recognized as having missing functionality. The grids of identical icons with no defining factors that require mousing over every item to identify them is something that we players would have instantly picked up on and said 'no' to if there had been so much as a .gif uploaded to Twitter.

This, like many similar issues, would have been completely avoidable if you had asked the players, even in the slightest ways, before launching. I get that you (DE) like to do stuff your way first, then let the players help fix it, but if you aren't trying to keep something hidden/secret, then letting us have a functional peek would help prevent a lot of the problems that seem to stem from looking at things from a Dev PoV, instead of a Player PoV.

I'm not saying that you should lay all your cards on the table. I'm just saying that a little bit of player insight can go a long way in preventing issues like this one.

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Here's the real question: Why didn't you (or the other devs) release some pictures/.gifs/videos to the players before-hand? You weren't keeping this part of the update a secret.

A large number of the flaws with this system are visible at first glance for many players. The Relic, Prime Parts, Weapon, Ducat Kiosk, and Baro inventories were instantly recognized as having missing functionality. The grids of identical icons with no defining factors that require mousing over every item to identify them is something that we players would have instantly picked up on and said 'no' to if there had been so much as a .gif uploaded to Twitter.

This, like many similar issues, would have been completely avoidable if you had asked the players, even in the slightest ways, before launching. I get that you (DE) like to do stuff your way first, then let the players help fix it, but if you aren't trying to keep something hidden/secret, then letting us have a functional peek would help prevent a lot of the problems that seem to stem from looking at things from a Dev PoV, instead of a Player PoV.

I'm not saying that you should lay all your cards on the table. I'm just saying that a little bit of player insight can go a long way in preventing issues like this one.

Pictures were posted on twitter, feedback was provided (use labels) and not implemented (we'd rather not).

But, they're doing it now, so.

Cross-posted here (as it's more applicable):

Okay, now that I've had a chance to look at some of the UI that's incoming and have more information on where they're at in the process, I'm very worried.

The UI model they say inspired them (e.g. Witcher 3) is not a good choice and I was very frustrated with the Witcher 3's inventory system in general. It was one of the low points of that game. Removing important information like labels and price information was a mistake.

Their UI design work seems to be grounded in some incorrect concepts.

1. Witcher 3 had good item management (it didn't)
  2. The image of the item is sufficient to identify what everything is (it's not)

Ironically hover/focus is actually better with keyboard/d-pad since we stop at each item already, but we still need some basic information to make decisions. Price is an important one, especially when buying things. When I go to Baro I total up the ducats I need to buy all the things I think are must-have and then farm them. If I have to hover over each one that increases the amount of time I have to do this and makes it more likely I will total it up incorrectly.

These are the pieces of info that I definitely need at a glance:

• Icon/image
  • Name
  • Quantity/Level (it seems things either have a level or a quantity, but not both; exception mods which have a unique presentation)
    • For blueprints it should have both the number of blueprints owned and the number of items owned. Presenting it as "17 (I) / 1 (B)" or "0 (I) / 0 (B)" would be fine. [where (I) and (B) are icons for constructed item and blueprint respectively)
    • For components it would be nice if it told me how many of the completed item I have. E.g. it would be nice if Frost Prime Neuroptics showed that I had already built Frost Prime.
  • Price (when buying and selling)
  • Is Mastered (for both blueprints and items)

Some of the above aren't going to be doable due to added processing/service call cost. But that's what I'd like to see at a glance.

I appreciate that they're working on new mock-ups for the UI that include names -- yay!

There are still a lot of open concerns on the virtual cursor on console. As a developer, I can greatly appreciate the need to clean-up and refactor old code and unify things under a specific model. I think people would appreciate some information on the topic. The action plan seems to be mostly completed, but still doesn't address a number of significant complaints. I think people are also frustrated with the overall lack of polish and testing that was done. There are numerous bugs still alive and present -- my last count was in the dozens.

I understand that Tennocon is around the corner and you all are busy. There are several people pleading for patience, but our cries for order and civility are weakening the longer we go without updated information.

36 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Maybe it's been reported already, but I just noticed you can't add Fishes to the tank...

jodQ1mO.jpg

WHere's the Accept button!? XD

Did you try selecting the fish? Maybe the button appears once you select a fish. I haven't tried it yet.

Yeah, the UI LOOKS super awesome, and I really like the other themes that you guys implemented. But, like everyone else, I do think that the UI has very little in the way of functionality. I know that you guys wanted to get this out as fast as humanly possible so that it could release in tandem with The Sacrifice quest and I really appreciate that. But I do think that you guys should really focus on making it more functional, since navigating through the inventory is just absolutely awful. You can't tell what anything is when you hover over them, and you're at a complete loss in terms of what you're looking at, which defeats the point of a UI. That said, I still think that there's not much else to do save for adding the needed information on the UI and cleaning up the rest of the UI issues. 

Oh, and as an aside, I think it would be great if the Codex and the Marketplace got UI overhauls too in order to improve their functionality and readability. At least, I think the Codex needs an organizational improvement for the mission codex so that the player can tell exactly what missions you need to do in order to progress through the Warframe "campaign". I always thought it was weird that there was no real organizational structure to the mission selection, save for the order in which they released, which is really pointless if you think about it. The reason being that organizing that way only adds to the confusion of the entire game. But anyway, that's just my two cents. Keep up the good work, guys~

The less contrast/gray filter on the item should be removed. The colors of the enemies, weapons and other items we usually see in missions, foundries, etc. are more vivid. Those displayed in the new UI are not original colors, it causes confusion.

I think the new UI looks amazing so far, but I've noticed one thing that kind of irks me...under the old UI, we had a button that let us fast-track into the 'escape menu' while we were in Navigation staring at the star chart for example....could we get that button re-introduced with the new UI as a convenience thing?

Also the Banshee's various alt helmets all have the normal Banshee helmet icon on them.

Edited by tsukikage

Echoing what has already been said several times - the form is gorgeous but the function is lacking.

One thing that's bugging me more then it rightly should is how, under the Syndicate rep shops, the mods are now sorted alphabetically by mod name instead of by frame name. That way of sorting it isn't any more or less correct, but it's like when "Add or Remove Programs" changed positions in the control panel after it became "Programs and Features," ya know? :tongue:

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Happy Monday, Tenno!

Good to hear! Is it also on the table to return skins changes to weapons in the inventory as well?

I think the new UI is an improvement. But have a recurrent detail to polish:

• The use of icons without labels force us to learn what means each icon. And there's too many icons.

I have seen this problem in:

• The Squad bar when I press ESC, I want to know at least which Warframe have each player without moving the cursor over each player.
  • Sometimes I play using a Wifi connection and others a Wwan (mobile data) connection, so I would love to see the selected matchmaking. Over Wwan I play in solo mode.
  • Syndicate's Offerings.
  • Inventory's items.

Maybe a solution would be using a bigger icon with a label in the bottom, the same way we have when we want to equip a Weapon or Warframe from the Arsenal.

Other details are:

1. There's a low contrast in interactive items like search boxes and dropboxes when the background is dark.
  2. When selecting items to convert into ducats the items counter doesn't update immediately. Let's say I have 2 tigris prime receivers, I select 1, (before selling) the inventory still shows 2.
  3. I would love to see every booster I have at the same time.
  4. With extra loadout slots we need a way to sort them.
  5. When we are trying new colors or cosmetics they are applied immediately, we need a way to choose if we want to apply or to cancel.