Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more leveling on onslaught!

bibmobello

Dear DE can you stop to allow leveling gears on onslaught missions?

I think it's pretty stupid , there are better places to Leveling weapons and frames. Even on Elite you find every fkn time people with only 1 weapon at level 0 and bleeding out practically when the mission starts...

Ehm better places? Havent found anything faster than 5 min and with chroma and decent modding most weapons can hold efficiency for those 5 min. As long as DE doesnt introduce a faster Way to Farm Affinity, People will go there to Farm.

If you only Play ESO for the Maximum focus gain, i would suggest picking a Presse squad. My focus gains with clanmates are about 50 - 100% higher than with pugs

Personally, if it wouldnt be Good for leveling thered be no reason for me to play that glorified survival, since i prefer hunting eidolons for focus

Edited by Eisdschungel

10 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If you remove the ability to gain affinity in Onslaught for gear, you would kill the gamemode. One of the only reasons people revisit this mode is for efficient affinity.

Wow! I though the object of onlsaught was to try to survive as much as possible with your best gear! I am such an idiot... So when you have finished the star chart what's the point to play the game? Master leveling repeating the same mission 1000 times? And why do i need a weapon with a riven to make 1.000.000 damage if the only place for use it is practically here?🤔

Edited by bibmobello

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If you remove the ability to gain affinity in Onslaught for gear, you would kill the gamemode. One of the only reasons people revisit this mode is for efficient affinity.

I should add on about how Focus gain is also tied to Affinity gain, which is a double butcher if that happens.

à l’instant, bibmobello a dit :

Wow! I though the object of onlsaught was to try to survive as much as possible with your best gear! I am such an idiot...

Drop me a PM in game when you want to do that cause i sorely need company for it and nobody wants to do it... 

3 hours ago, bibmobello said:

I think it's pretty stupid , there are better places to Leveling weapons and frames. Even on Elite you find every fkn time people with only 1 weapon at level 0 and bleeding out practically when the mission starts...

SO and ESO is brand new leveling place if DE didn't allow weapon lvl 0 or below lvl 30,you kill this mode slowly

There are 2 types player

1. Leech (Bring EV,Rhino,or something) with low weapons

2. Focus farmer or Vandal weapon farmer (someone want farm focus)

Better MR restrictions is work well here

3 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Make a team yo. Can't control public.

i think the point the Poster was getting across is he/she doesnt like the Surge of people Leeching iN ESO and contributing next to no kills ( i have seen this ALOT recently)

the people arent even using dps frames for whatever idiotic reason. 

im low key venting cus i dont like 2/4 of my squad being total leeches.(been mosly 3/4 but dont wanna come off rude? lol)

i mean its better exp if they bring a dps frame as well over some frame with a buff (that most the DPS frames dont need anyway)

the main problem is most people have gotten lazy and go on some frame that cant contribute and a bunch of unranked trash.

i generally bring 1-3 weapons im leveling but i will ALWAYS bring a Dps frame cus we need kills to get that exp. and more people killing is well.. more exp

however to the poster. no. they will not likely disallow you to level things the best way to avoid too many leeches is to either Recruit or just leave the squad (as i do) if they do not meet your standards

Edited by Makunogo

4 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Wow! I though the object of onlsaught was to try to survive as much as possible with your best gear!

it might've been that if the game mode wasn't so badly designed. in fact, what you're describing is pretty much the exact opposite of DE's design intent, where they openly stated repeatedly that they really didn't even WANT people going past like 8 waves and deliberately tried to make it unfeasible to keep going. Hell, the original design of the game mode was going to be going as many zones as you could in a set time limit with random varying conditions and a different method of unlocking the next zone, but they abandoned every sort of interesting design element they'd initially proposed and instead just released a dedicated affinity/focus farm mode designed entirely for braindead mapwiping. (edit: which, coincidentally, is ALSO how they abandoned all of their stated ideas for reworking focus gain to make it varied in general; never mind here's just a single game mode for it)

if you want the game mode that's supposed to be "hardcore best gear survival", that's arbitrations. which, also fail at it pretty badly since from what I've heard enemy scaling is actually extremely slow on it compared to just sitting in normal missions.

Edited by OvisCaedo

4 hours ago, bibmobello said:

I think put forma and leveling everything again is stupid, forma is not free anyway.

people being able to gain XP in Onslaught isn't the problem. it's the fault of the Players, not the game. it's the fault of those Players that they were unable to contribute to the Mission.

and for that matter, Onslaught is the most efficient non Stealth way to Level Weapons in the game (which frankly Stealth XP for Leveling Weapons doesn't really work for most of the Weapons in the game anyways).
and also has very competitive performance for Warframes. Companions get a nuts amount of XP from everything as always.
efficient XP gain almost never happens in Public Missions in the first place anyways, but that's a different matter.

3 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Except you have to build a team for them

technically, you always do. XP can only be gained efficiently with a Squad that is Killing things in the right way pending what Equipment is trying to be Leveled.

5 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Wow! I though the object of onlsaught was to try to survive as much as possible with your best gear! I am such an idiot... So when you have finished the star chart what's the point to play the game? Master leveling repeating the same mission 1000 times? And why do i need a weapon with a riven to make 1.000.000 damage if the only place for use it is practically here?🤔

I think you are confusing yourself here.

Arbitration is what you want for long-survivals that kill noobs.

Onslaught is for leveling and farming affinity.

5 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

I think you are confusing yourself here.

Arbitration is what you want for long-survivals that kill noobs.

Onslaught is for leveling and farming affinity.

I bet that his next topic after trying arbitrations will be: "No more endo farming on arbitrations!" :crylaugh:

10 hours ago, bibmobello said:

What better places, please elaborate. I'd be ok with your request, just point me to the place where I can level a weapon from 0 to 30 in 2 waves.

The only thing I'd like to advocate is, if you're going in naked, at least use Trinity or Oberon or something that helps that Saryn nuke the map, because sitting with Rhino afk in the corner is plain annoying.

14 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Wow! I though the object of onlsaught was to try to survive as much as possible with your best gear! I am such an idiot...

To be fair this was what people asked it to be, they also asked for it to be a way to farm focus, they also claimed that making the mode a challenge that would allow them to push their masterfully crafted builds to their limits till they could go no longer would be a mode they'd play endlessly.

Aka: #Endgame

They got what they asked for....and their true colors came out. After they got their rewards....they abandoned the mode. With no more high end rewards it became a "why run it" arguement.

Focus being tied to affinity keeps the mode alive.

If they reduced the affinity the mode would die a slow death as everyone would return to Focus Farms on specific mission nodes.

Arbitrations is in the same boat to be fair. People ask for some hard as balls content with some crazy good rewards to it. But after they get said rewards they abandon the content.

"Why sweat for no reward?" Becomes the arguement. Hence the vicious cycle continues...

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Arbitrations is in the same boat to be fair. People ask for some hard as balls content with some crazy good rewards to it. But after they get said rewards they abandon the content.

Arbitrations have some crazy good rewards? You mean Ayatan sculptures and endo? /s

As you said, just as focus and affinity keep (E)SO alive, endo will keep arbitrations alive.

But there's another big problem: many veteran players keep asking for challenging content and they expect the appropriate rewards, but that will inherently split the player base, and DE doesn't want that. They want all content to be available to everyone and your granny as well. And this game is easy enought that even a granny can play it, including end game content, whatever that is.

8 minutes ago, Orgoon said:

Arbitrations have some crazy good rewards? You mean Ayatan sculptures and endo? /s

As you said, just as focus and affinity keep (E)SO alive, endo will keep arbitrations alive.

But there's another big problem: many veteran players keep asking for challenging content and they expect the appropriate rewards, but that will inherently split the player base, and DE doesn't want that. They want all content to be available to everyone and your granny as well. And this game is easy enought that even a granny can play it, including end game content, whatever that is.

All we get in arbitration’s and the sorties are statues. Is that considered crazy good, I don’t think so. I hope to never get another statue again, but that’s all I seem to get