Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Speedrunning Problem

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

Has anyone an idea how to find a final solution for the speedruning question?

Seeing as the game is called Warframe and not "Squirrel-Simulator 2019 - ADHD Edition" I am always pissed when people just race through the level at breakneck speed.
I can barely get my secondary objective done, let alone open a few lockers or scan ceph fragments even though I am sprinting all the time.

I was thinking of the following:
In a non defense/intercept mission the game calculates the shortest route from start to finish and divides it by each frames sprinting speed. If a player arrives at extraction faster than that AND faster than another player by 20s (that can be tweaked) then it is speedrunning and the punishment is playing the next 10 missions under permanent cold proc.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

exterminate, original sabotage, capture, assassination, and rescue. these are the five missions types that are most likely prone to speed-running. if an alert of interest features these missions, players click instantly because its fast and easy.

i do agree that casually playing these missions can be annoying when you pair with speed-runners. most people dont know that looting the entire assassination map on Saturn can offer a greater amount of Orokin Cells than killing the actual boss multiple times. however, you honestly cant blame speed-runners. the grind of the game makes them all impatient. if all missions lasted as long as completing five minuets of survival, people would be too impatient to complete any alert.

while i would be interested in an exterminate, capture, and rescue rework and additional motives to loot, most of us would be loosing our favorite alert mission type and some find looting unrewarding compared to multiple runs anyway (even though it is rewarding...).

thus, its less of a player or calculation issue and more of a mission design and mission reward issue. i'm not sure if the developers intended for these missions to be quickly executed, but their existence in their current form make things a lot easier in terms of mission completion reward.

Edited by MysticDragonMage
  • Like 2

2 часа назад, (XB1)Erudite God сказал:

Seeing as the game is called Warframe and not "Squirrel-Simulator 2019 - ADHD Edition" I am always pissed when people just race through the level at breakneck speed.
I can barely get my secondary objective done, let alone open a few lockers or scan ceph fragments even though I am sprinting all the time.

In a non defense/intercept mission the game calculates the shortest route from start to finish and divides it by each frames sprinting speed. If a player arrives at extraction faster than that AND faster than another player by 20s (that can be tweaked) then it is speedrunning and the punishment is playing the next 10 missions under permanent cold proc.

What do you guys think?

Personally, I also do not really like this competition "who will reach the point of evacuation faster", but I think that this gameplay in Warframe, at least in the old missions, will not change. Because:
1. Mobs are too light, and players are too strong. Players do not encounter serious resistance in most missions, one Sarina with Ignis (or something like that) can easily remove the entire map while the other three drink coffee and watch the series.
2. The grindwall . For the hundredth time, going through the same map with the same enemies for resources is boring, ppl want to do it as quickly as possible. That is, the process itself is boring. Paradox, many on this forum say, that the grind itself is fun, and at the same time in the game they want to fly through this “fun content” as soon as possible.
3. Most players are already accustomed to this pace, an artificial slowdown of already known missions will only annoy them.

Thus, in my opinion, it is wiser to expect another, more thoughtful, cautious and interesting gameplay in new missions, in Railjack, in the New War, in new raids, in a battle with some new bosses.

• Like 1

i think its mostly about being efficient. especially in a game like this when you have LOTS to farm. being able to get in and out of missions quick is extremely helpful.

the exploration factor of missions goes away after a while and when players are at the point where tehy have memorized all the maps its even less incentive to stick inside the mission longer then required.

if you want people taking their time in missions go to the syndicate missions. you can get a SOLID  TEN MINUTES per mission there. as they actually have a reason to be sticking around.

Edited by Makunogo

The game was supported from the start by speed runners and min maxers. Before it even had 10% of the story that each update brings now. Those people should have to change the way they've played the game since the start for you? Lol they've made this game casual friendly enough for what it started as. Pretty insane and oblivious suggestion. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Erudite God:

What do you guys think?

I don't think. I act. And I don't race, I warp. You slomos keep us waiting a minute (or longer) at the exit.

Equally serious counter-proposal:

As soon the mission objective has been achieved, you altfire Phantasma next to your feet and just stay down.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Has anyone an idea how to find a final solution

oof, that choice of words though... 

7 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

What do you guys think?

I think you should realise that when you PuG, you can get anybody; speed runners, leechers, trolls, elitists, etc. if you don't want the risk of running into these people, use recruit chat or solo. like it or not, that's the best solution.