Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mogamu DE interview

Atsia

First off, here's the link for any who wants to go watch it themselves.

Spoiler

Alright, so I did this a while ago for the Tactical Potato DE Scott interview (Though that thread seems to have disappeared.........), so I'm gonna sum up the recent interview Mogamu had with DE Steve and Rebecca, though we only have Part One of Three right now for it. It's starts of the ususal DE way, jokes and casual talks till M starts his questions, like what is Warframe,  "Our goal is to be the wife, not the mistress.Or the husband, not the guy you met at the bar"- DE Steve, and how long they think WF will last, "We'll to release Hildryn at least"-DE Reb. The most interesting questions asked were:

• What happening with Kingpin? Steve reveals that they weren't able to get it the way they liked, and the people working on it are busy working on Railjack right now, so it's pretty much on infinite hiatus for now.
  • PvP overhaul/Battle Royal? We're apparently gonna be getting a non-combat PvP option, like Lunaro laser this year.
  • Anything lore coming for the Infestation room? Reiteration of what we knew, more stuff is coming, eventually. (Primed SOON intensifies)
  • More lore for Ordis? The Ordis quest they've talked about is currently a WIP.
  • We gonna meet "Space Dad" anytime soon? Confirmed, Space Dad coming this year.
  • Cross platform/cross save? While cross save/progression is where they'd start, and Reb suggests making Nightwave the only cross progression thing, there still nothing in the works, and they'd still like to get their updates more unified.
  • What's up with the Flydolon? Pretty much still just the animations that were shown and the little teaser from the Gas city rework, so no updates.
  • Past events coming back? Plan A is bringing the events back in full, Plan B is making the lore accessible through the codex. Unfortunately, no work is being done on this, it's just something they'd like to do.
  • Frames Reworks? Vauban, Ember, and Wukong are currently up next it seems, and Reb goes a little bit into the though process of doing reworks, like how if they don't get reworked into a damage master, they'll still not fit in, so how do they change him or other things in the game to bring someone like Vauban (and all CC frames) into the current state of gameplay. They also intend to review it in such a way that players that love those frames can get a voice in on what they'd like done for their frame.

Part 1 ended with the question, will WF ever get away from the endless Grind, that'll prob be answered in Part 2 whenever it come. I'll edit my OP or just make a new post in this thread whenever the other part come out.

Edited by Atsia
New Link
  • Like 21

I'm concerned with DE admittedly realizing that damage reworks is where it's at right now only to forego a comment in the vein of "that is not a good thing." Also sad they didn't mention the emblems for past events. I, for one, would love to complete my missing collection. I took a break from Warframe exactly when the operation rush set in.

Edited by Tellakey

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

like how if they don't get reworked into a damage master, they'll still not fit in, so how do they change him or other things in the game to bring someone like Vauban (and all CC frames) into the current state of gameplay

IMO, they just need to make CC work on the unkillable/tank enemies. That way CC has a point? Right now you can only CC the fodder. I dunno... Kill vs CC has gone way out of control in Warframe. The Balance was lost a long time ago.

Nullifiers kinda destroyed CC too.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 2

Why do they keep trying to make more Lunaros (Lunaro, Frame Fighter, this new mode)? Just give it a rest already. Stop wasting dev time on stuff like this. It's clearly not your strongest area, and trying the same thing over and over again won't work. All of these side projects are awful. Conclave, Lunaro, Wyrmius, Frame Fighter. They're not good. Lunaro is the worst of them. Making another non-combat PvP game mode is only going to end the same way. There are only two ways to improve PvP, DE: change how movement works in PvP (basically, be more like a traditional shooter in the way you move with guns) and base your PvP modes off of the PvE modes (like Defense, Exterminate, Sabotage, Interception, etc.).

On the note of that analogy: WF will always be the mistress for me because the gameplay experience will always be lacking. It'll always have potential, but after six years, I don't believe Warframe will ever reach it's potential. It's too barebones, it's maps and missions are too lacking, and it's just designed way too much around grinding for items and not enough around exciting, engaging, and immersive gameplay experiences.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
  • Like 4

They need to stop acting like CC doesn't fit in the game when it does. It simply doesn't fit these trash boss fights. Nyx worked great in PoE and she worked great in pretty much any high level situation where enemies actually hurt. Maybe give us something higher then lvl 80 or flooding players with area denial and things will fall in place.

Ruined a perfectly good frame for no reason. There's nothing wrong with CC frames; there's something wrong with the game's "New direction".

Who wants to spam the same boss 200+ times? Literally no one. Stop it.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Atsia said:
  • Frames Reworks? Vauban, Ember, and Wukong are currently up next it seems, and Reb goes a little bit into the though process of doing reworks, like how if they don't get reworked into a damage master, they'll still not fit in, so how do they change him or other things in the game to bring someone like Vauban (and all CC frames) into the current state of gameplay. They also intend to review it in such a way that players that love those frames can get a voice in on what they'd like done for their frame.

???

The issue with frames like Vauban and Ember is that they can't survive in higher level content. Ember USED to be able to survive by using Firequake but they nerfed that to absolute crap. Wukong issue is that he does nothing aside from being able to survive.

Damage dealing doesn't matter at all unless you're doing ESO or something. 

• Like 5

DE has done the same thing with CC that I have seen too many other games do as well. The main things that it would actually be useful on are the main things that you can't use it on. The giant enemies that can both take and deal absurd amounts of damage. The ones that can kill you instantly, but you have to chip away at them slowly. This is exactly where CC is most necessary.

But no. The only enemies that are vulnerable to CC effects are the ones that you can kill super fast with almost anything anyway. So why would you ever use energy to temporarily remove the threat, when it is much more efficient to just shoot them once and completely and permanently remove the threat?

This is why the extremely rare CC effects that actually do affect the big guys are so useful. Like how Baruuk + Cobra & Crane can actually put the Wolf to sleep, though his Lull ability cannot. Though, now that I have mentioned this on the forums a couple times, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get "fixed" in a hotfix soon, even though it doesn't even really make the fight much easier, since the Cobra & Crane deals so little damage to him otherwise.

• Like 1

Kinda hope they don't strip Booban of all his CC abilities in favor of damage. The main reason I like him is because of his CC abilities, though I do agree he at least needs some sort of damage skill. Maybe a turret? Something that does more damage to enemies stuck in his Bastille or Vortex or something. Either that or his Tesla grenades when thrown at the Bastille turn it into an electrified one, or when thrown into the Vortex causes it to detonate.

Personally I think Loki, Ash, and Trinity are in more need of a rework, especially Ash's 4th. The way you set up and execute the ability makes it the worst skill to use in the game imo.

Edited by Numerikuu

50 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Kinda hope they don't strip Booban of all his CC abilities in favor of damage. The main reason I like him is because of his CC abilities, though I do agree he at least needs some sort of damage skill. Maybe a turret? Something that does more damage to enemies stuck in his Bastille or Vortex or something. Either that or his Tesla grenades when thrown at the Bastille turn it into an electrified one, or when thrown into the Vortex causes it to detonate.

Personally I think Loki, Ash, and Trinity are in more need of a rework, especially Ash's 4th. The way you set up and execute the ability makes it the worst skill to use in the game imo.

As someone who played Ash back in first years of the game, I actually do like his rework and I find him to be just fine. Hell, I have 2 Ash Primes (one thanks to twitch prime) both forma'd and one has Eidolon lens on. He's not really Mesa but he's not meant to be. He's just fine in all the content but Eidolon and Orb bosses.

Although, they really need to stop with anti ability mobs. Fatal Teleport doesn't even work on some random nullifiers in Fortuna with their bubble down now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Atsia said:

kingpin..so it's pretty much on infinite hiatus for now.

Just like raids, no surprise there.

getting a non-combat PvP option

Expecting another lunaro/archwing fail in an attempt to copy popular trends

More lore for Ordis

Soon. Likely a 10 minute quest. Something we're all so familiar with.

What's up with the Flydolon

Incoming invincibility phases

Past events coming back

Pretty much, no.

Frames Reworks

Unless Pablo does it, it will be a fail.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

especially Ash's 4th. The way you set up and execute the ability makes it the worst skill to use in the game imo.

It takes me like 2-3 seconds to cast this ability on a horde of enemies. "Setting up" the ability is literally just swiping your cross-hair in the enemies general direction, it's not a puzzle. 😛

besides Ash's 4th ability can easily be built to deal a total of 100,000+ finisher damage(from attacks and slash procs) with three marks so I think it's fine.

Edited by (XB1)Angryspy101
  • Like 1