Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Changes: Wolf Spawns & Feedback

Marcooose

On 2019-04-16 at 9:23 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%.

He must seriously afraid of me because I forgot how he even look. Or simply RNG really hate me that much!

3 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

He must seriously afraid of me because I forgot how he even look. Or simply RNG really hate me that much!

You probably go into missions fully geared as i did for a while because i had nothing to level up. I noticed that with a maxed frame and weapons he basically never shows up. Take an unranked warframe with a low/unranked weapon into any mission and it's more than likely he will be there. Just my opinion but by now i doubt it's a coincidence anymore.

6 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

You probably go into missions fully geared as i did for a while because i had nothing to level up. I noticed that with a maxed frame and weapons he basically never shows up. Take an unranked warframe with a low/unranked weapon into any mission and it's more than likely he will be there. Just my opinion but by now i doubt it's a coincidence anymore.

You know, that you are not alone with that doubt? I can see my clan mates confirms that.

That mean he's a coward who attack only weaker than him... how low.

1 hour ago, THeMooN85 said:

That mean he's a coward who attack only weaker than him... how low.

Very true. Now compare that to the Stalker - who is probably 200 times weaker than the wolf (everybody who encountered both will confirm) but will show up regardless of your equipment. Speaks for the courage of the Stalker, respect!

Please nobody think of the paradox that a rogue grineer detainee is magnitudes stronger than an orokin-era and sentient improved assassin warframe. Just don't.

1 hour ago, TheFBD said:

Very true. Now compare that to the Stalker - who is probably 200 times weaker than the wolf (everybody who encountered both will confirm) but will show up regardless of your equipment. Speaks for the courage of the Stalker, respect!

Please nobody think of the paradox that a rogue grineer detainee is magnitudes stronger than an orokin-era and sentient improved assassin warframe. Just don't.

Funny, because people still cling to the idea that Stalker only shows up when you are ranking up gear.  It's simply not the case, nor is it the case with Wolf as stated in this very thread.  It's a 4% or 6% spawn chance - no mention of it having anything to do with your gear.

48 minutes ago, numanoid said:

@[DE]Marcus

Hey, just a quick pointer, you cant complete the help clem challenge if you already did that before the nightwave updated...

The clem challenge is on a 7 day cooldown.  If you did it right before this week's NW, then you'll have to wait until the 7 days are up and do it again just before this week ends if you want to obtain those points.

Doesn't feel like he's hunting us cause if he is he's real S#&$ at it how hard is it to find a tenno causing a bloodbath in one mission over and over again you'd think he be like hey this guy keeps appearing here I'll stay here and see if he appears again let's be honest he isn't hunting us he's just a stalker with more health more friends and who's more annoying if I'm being hunted I'd like to feel like he's always behind me not hiding in a corner to scared to take a shoot at a level 1 volt with a meat clever.

Now that chapter 5 is unlocked.
Can we get an update on what his rates are now?

(And for the love of our Lotus. Those silver mods...
Wolf should be appearing with a laugh, not a howl. Because he's clearly mocking us all with those.)

After running into Wolf solo and in a sub-optimal frame I have to say... WTF!!!!....  lol.   He should not be that tanky or deadly if your solo.   Between him and his three goons I could not even make a dent and I had just got my new Magus arcane that lets you heal when you exit void mode.  I couldnt get energy though and so couldnt get the time to chop him down.

would also be super cool if you addressed wolf sledge parts having different drop rates.   Everyone needs the damn motor...  

4 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Any tidbits you can elaborate to us about the Wolf being “smarter” now?

Fought him 30 min ago on Hydron.

Same attacks and moves. Same sponginess. Same penalties for headshots (reduced damage). Same Wolf Pack fanboys trolls Fugitives that throw molotovs all over the place like party favors and who stay invulnerable as long as Wolf Boy is still alive and wasting our time and ammo providing us with some "challenge".

Same lame drop table too.

Loads of fun. /s

1 hour ago, MirageKnight said:

Fought him 30 min ago on Hydron.

Same attacks and moves. Same sponginess. Same penalties for headshots (reduced damage). Same Wolf Pack fanboys trolls Fugitives that throw molotovs all over the place like party favors and who stay invulnerable as long as Wolf Boy is still alive and wasting our time and ammo providing us with some "challenge".

Same lame drop table too.

Loads of fun. /s

Same experience. Two times I've been with friends, this guy appears and we are forced to fight it for like, 30 mins running all over the map just to find ammo to keep going. It's not even hard, it's just a massive bullet sponge that has no end. It's an absolute chore and I'm MR23 and my friends are on similar levels of MR too so it's not like we were using low level gear or anything. What's the point of this?

Just now, MirageKnight said:

Bragging rights?

"I don't wanna brag or anything but...two years ago I killed the Wolf. It tooks us more than 30 mins. Kids nowadays won't understand the struggle"

Sigh. I hope that one day we will be able to remember things like this and be like "I'm glad the game doesn't have that problem anymore"

5 minutes ago, oMalakai said:

"I don't wanna brag or anything but...two years ago I killed the Wolf. It tooks us more than 30 mins. Kids nowadays won't understand the struggle"

Sigh. I hope that one day we will be able to remember things like this and be like "I'm glad the game doesn't have that problem anymore"

Indeed. Darn kids! *waves Machete*

9 minutes ago, oMalakai said:

It's an absolute chore and I'm MR23 and my friends are on similar levels of MR too so it's not like we were using low level gear or anything. 

In before someone suggests that you need to "git gooder".

You're not wrong though. However, there WILL be people that are all too happy to defend bad or questionable game design choices - because reasons / that's what a "true" fan does.

DE, this isn't even trolling - I can't express in words that can pass censure - I do missions for 20+ hours this week with Wolf-killing weapon prepared - one encounter resulting in some stance mod.

My clanner (other than from https://ibb.co/MSTtBGf, but still lov MR) gone yesterday for quick creds on same Seimene and encountered same 43 lvl Wolf in first run - https://ibb.co/TBBSkN1

What the Hell is going with probabilities and difficulty adjusting in this game?

On 2019-04-16 at 9:23 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%.

So when one of the team members said during a dev stream that toward the end of the Nightwave he'd be showing up so often that we'd be sick of seeing him, that was, like, totally not true? Cool.

Giant sponge nature of the wolf not very fun when using certain gear. Forced to always have one decent weapon to deal with him. Takes ages to defeat him, you removed his headshot weakness.  After 13 appearances I rather the wolf not spawn. I hate to see how badly any new player finds him. After weeks one spawn a week, now seen him 6 times in two weeks. 

Archived