Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Changes: Wolf Spawns & Feedback

Marcooose

1 hour ago, Ottofyre said:

This is my problem with him currently - you have to treat every eligible mission as if it's going to be a Wolf fight.  Because every time I'd encountered him while leveling weapons/frames the fight took 20-30 minutes and a crapton of ammo restorers.

He's not a fun fight if you don't have the right gear with you, and I don't understand the reasoning behind this design - a randomly spawning boss that requires specific gear to kill efficiently? Normally even when I disagree with something DE has done I at least understand their reasoning. This boss design has left me baffled.

Back to the main topic... I think what other people have said is worth looking in to. Make him more like the acolyte spawns or the kuva missions. That way people who want him can hunt for him and people who really don't want to be bothered right now have a way of opting out.

you could..just  extract and not fight him....or git gud which isn't saying much with the gear provided in the game.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

The grind isnt bad but the 15 creds you get is quite lacking. Especially when you would get 50 before.

Maybe, but i think they should have exclusive prizes u can only buy with wolf creds and only after you have finished the level 30 challenges. Besides... 15 creds is plenty if u have finished everything else. 

TBH I have seen Wolf 10+ times since I do my Syndicate Farm using Equinox sleep farming in Adaro. But since My Equinox is not prepared to that fight I have ost many many times.

We need a kind of Wolf Beacon to be purchased using NW Credits.

All his drops need to have a higher drop chance.

I know that you don't want him to bother new player while they do missions but he needs to have a encounter rate of 10-15%.

Maybe Nora should report in what planet he was last saw in make that planet have 2x or 3x the encounter rate.

NW mission should reward something else at 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 etc... to make us come back to it. Maybe at 45 another umbra forma.

I'm still strongly against nightwave in it's current state.

I still believe that dropping the challenges to reimplement the old alerts with standing and a single wolf cred as their reward is a better system. This system back peddles hard to punishing players for not having enough free time. And it locks creds behind a time wall at the top. It doesn't make sense from a design standpoint...

2 hours ago, Azariek said:

Any way that he could be made a bit easier to kill? Spending 15+ minutes fighting a super powerful enemy isn't that fun after a few times.

easier? nah... the most powerfull wolf i ever had (out from around those 7 times...) was at level 85+  sure, he was hard to kill (especially since i had to chase all the other flimsy team mates away and kill him myself) but it 'only' took me a little less than 5 minutes (i remember this since it was a t4 survival fissure... at the t4 void map no less).

i really don't want him to be another flimsy stalker, for that would be boring...

just make sure you alway carry at least one powerfull weapon with you and remember to not take every damage he and his goonies dish out (meaning: dodge, cover and heal yourself - by operator/void mode with magus repair for example). oh, and avoid those molotov-fires at all cost.

I farm the wolf for the mask. I can say i non-stop play the game waiting for the ,,6%" chance wolf spawn, and when he spawn then I can start praying for drop the (2%) mask. Realy ? Realy ? I need waste  more than 30 hours and still get nothing ? (Yeah i don't have life)
It's realy demotivating ...
When the wolf spawn i stop the game. 
I start to pray,chanting mantras , and sacrificing virgins for the stupid mask.  
I realy want to belive this wolf mask exlusive for the time period of this nightwave, if not then my suffering is pointless .
Anyway  have a nice day .

Om Mani Padme Hum

34 minutes ago, CyberProtoTikiHead said:

you could..just  extract and not fight him....or git gud which isn't saying much with the gear provided in the game.

I can beat him using MR fodder and I still need drops from him. With having had a less than 5% chance to appear I wasn't going to blow off a chance to get a drop I needed just because the fight was going to be tedious.

The other day I was leveling the Exergis (and some other weapons) when the wolf spawned. Fight, of course, took forever. I complained to an acquaintance.. he said I should have brought a different primary for the mission. I facepalmed. Why would I bring a different primary when the entire reason I was doing that mission was to level that primary.. and didn't know the Wolf would spawn???  It was a useless suggestion. … not sure why I just thought of that.... 🙄

Any chance we can purchase Wolf Beacons for Wolf Credits? Since we don't know what exactly means that "Wolf will still be around by the time Nightwave 1 ends", surely there must be more info than just that?

Glad it's May 15th tbh, gives people who have other things to do a chance to get to the final rank. Wondering if this will be the standard for other seasons, unless it gets reduced with increased rewards or something?

But there does need to be more for people who are post rank 30, seems the cred rewards aren't satisfactory.

Bah, and here i was hoping he would go away soon. Sick and tired of him already since he is an enormous waste of time that just ruins whatever I'm doing. He either needs to be /massively/ nerfed or made into a proper boss that doesn't randomly show up in potentially any mission. Getting my ass handed to me for not carrying a min/max anti wolf weapon on a CC or tank frame is going to ruin the fun of the game in a hurry for me. I don't care about the hammer, i just want to be able to play what i want without worthless and frustrating interruptions.

3 hours ago, Azariek said:

Any way that he could be made a bit easier to kill? Spending 15+ minutes fighting a super powerful enemy isn't that fun after a few times.

Oh they did that. He's now less tanky and I think his health or armor is lowered a bit. He does slightly more damage though.

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

I wonder when these changes were actually implemented. There was no update at all to put it into the game.

Also, I've not had a SINGLE fugitive spawn in about 3 days. I don't think the spawns are working anymore

Server side script edits.

3 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Hi all - some feedback has come in about the Wolf of Saturn Six as a miniboss. The Wolf of Saturn Six is the one that does the hunting. So when you're hunting for him... he doesn't always appear.… We’re getting the Wolf out to howl more as we head into the later weeks of Nightwave Series I. 

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%. One of the major exceptions is that he doesn't spawn in Open Worlds, so keep that in mind. Note that the end of Nightwave Series I does not mean the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six appearances - he'll still be around! 

We also have much-requested clarity for everyone: The earliest date we will end Nightwave Series I is May 15th

Cheers and happy hunting.. and remember... this isn't over yet and it is the Wolf who hunts you...!

EDIT: These changes are live as of posting! New spawn rates are already implemented across all four platforms

Wait, I was under the impression that Nightwave was supposed to be 10 weeks only? you guys LITERALLY stated that which caused us to put a rush on Nightwave missions so that we can get all the rewards, this is the exact same situation you guys pulled with ignis wraith, going forward I'm not gonna take anything you guys state event wise at face value, if you can't tell I'm extremely annoyed by this as I was always pushing to finish those challenges.

LOL 6%, and that's INCREASED! Why bother? Might as well not spawn him at all...

Seriously, this has gone beyond ridiculous, you're touting a 4-6% SPAWN chance on a character that has 2% drop chances on some of it's most desired items, and you feel this is a good thing?

How many people have stopped playing Warframe because of Nightwave already? Do we really need to have more of our friends stop playing before you LEARN HOW TO MAKE STUFF REWARDING AND FUN?

I’m probably one of the few that’s not entirely happy with an increase in the spawn rate. At least for me, I’ve seen him at least 7 times per week (average, at least in my experience); pretty much all on Hydron, Sedna, which, by the way, that’s probably everyone’s go-to place if you want the Wolf). I don’t know if anyone can understand when you have weapons that you just need to level for MR purposes and now you (and your squadmates) are woefully underpowered to kill him.

I’m not trying to complain though: I understand that he’s still rare and my experience doesn’t change this fact, but I wish that the list of spawn places didn’t include Defense missions.

Either case, good news overall.

Archived