Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting lectured, how do you feel about it?

Niryco

13 minutes ago, Thoogah said:

we should share war stories tbh, here's one:

A guy once told me during an ODD run Nekros needs strength rather than range and pilfroid benefits most from minimum duration and max range, he lectured me for a whole of two rotations defending his point.

Next?

I was making a party for Toroid farm when a player messaged me that he would like to join with his Mesa. I asked him if he had anything farm related, and he replied it's not 'meta.' He then told me that my Hydroid was obsolete and useless 'because walkers do not get caught in the swarm.' 😄

Most people play games to relax/enjoy or de-stress. It seems that u’re adding more stress to your gameplay. 

This is what I will do. If there is a new game play (like e.g profit-taker or eidolon hunt), I would

1)ask my clan mates to explain or/and carry me to experience how to do it. I will bring frames useful or that can survive well.

2) recruit/ask to be recruited saying new to this farm, can someone guide and carry. This will manage the expectation that others will have on me.

3) having a tank frame is part of survival, you need weapons that can kill too.

4)your spoiler mode is your best survival chance. ( magus elevate and lockdown) to further make him viable, you need to unlock focus school. Don’t have to fully unlock one school before going to another... unlock all passive way bound first. I assume you have not unlock base what you saying “your first eidolon hunt”.  Eidolon hunt gives you focus and arcanes. Max arcane give you extra revive(which you don’t really need it if you got a good spoiler mode 

My general rule of thumb. It doesn’t hurt to say “sorry” (when I screwed things up) and “i’m Noob, need guide”. People who can’t stand noob or failure, will leave the game. And if you need to be carry thru the game. Slap a vitality on a level 30 frames... I see a-hole leech with unlevel frame and weapons... I will simply leave.

good luck. Don’t stress out with the game ignore the nasty things other say to you. Improve if it’s true, ignore if it’s not.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Niryco said:

I am an MR 20 player, and even at this rank I feel really clueless at times about the meta, strategies, well late game everything of warframe. To be fair, I have been playing on and off with months to a year of two break inbetween, and switching off from warframe means experiencing many things for the first time, falling down all over again and sometimes, being told off for it.

Also I finally completed my first ever sortie last week hahahah. Before i was quite scared to do it since level 50 to 100 enemies looked so daunting from my past memories of warframe. When i was actively playing, level 30 to 50 void survival/defense WAS HORRIBLY DIFFICULT @.@!!!! Well even way before that Xini defense level 30 enemies were difficult AF :') And without a doubt, i am super squishy in sorties and end-game stuff, I like my agile builds over armor sadly 😞 rolling, dodging and stuff

But I digress, I feel anxious playing this game sometimes, heck even abit offended, sad or wronged. This happens when I go into missions and my MR 20 is like this bright bulb of attention, indicating how skilled/knowledgeable i am supposed to be, but I won't deny I am so clueless that i usually end up being carried, even at eidolons i am still struggling to pull my own weight (finally got to building my first amp and still working out how to mod rubico & chroma to destroy it).

But it would be a lie to say that people don't bring it up, or lecture me about not knowing how to play.

I, uh, don't know how to take it since i know they don't mean it personally but you know, even if they mean well it stings sometimes. I guess I remember the times when people called MR 10 rhinos using boltor primes as noobs who don't know how to play, but now i am in their shoes and getting lectured well for better or for worse I don't really know.

As a result, I feel abit forced sometimes to decide whether to do some hardcore researching + meta building to be relevant. I mean when going into pubs its our own responsibility to make the run as smooth as possible right? But at the same time, this game then becomes more of a chore, work rather than something i can experience. Fashion frames, mandachord and all that is fun, nothing stops me from building a terrible tune or horrible frame hahahahah its all fun and full of its own moments. Though going back to the topic, getting lectured, researching, making it to the goal and not enjoying the experience, if i had to put it into words the feeling is quite disappointing. Maybe i am burnt out with life and everything hahahahah, i have been playing warframe honestly to distract myself from other life issues too.

So how about you guys, this is such a sappy topic hahahah but i am curious, how do you guys feel, being lectured sometimes about late game matters? Or how do you feel when you see that high MR person in your squad, clueless about the happenings of late game strategies?

When I ask for them? Great.

When I need them? Fine. 

When they're useful? Okay. 

When they're well intentioned? Meh. 

When they're full of bogus information that is just false? 🙄

When they're nothing but some toxic sludge trying to convince people to play the way they want me to?... Ignored. 

A few good lectures stand out in my mind, a Limbo hunting Eidolons, a Gara hunting Eidolons, a Limbo doing the index. 

My in game lectures are either "hi guys please read the Wikipedia article on eidolon hunting before your next try" or directed answers to the questions newbs may ask me about how to do something or what I use. 

I remember one that lead to a change in the build on a Lenz. It ended with: "omg I'm doing so much damage now, omg" 

To which I responded "yeah just be sure to not....." *sees bleedout status* "get too close to the blast zone" :facepalm:

Thank you guys for the moral support and for sharing all your war stories🙂 😂

I agree sometimes i am having fun (sometimes i want to sleep hahahha), and trying to build more stuff or be able to carry myself, the process is fun. (Though to be fairly clear, i still find buffing myself by headshotting, void striking and unairu wisps to one shot an eidolon quite bizzare and some getting use to, also not to mention yeah i still have yet to unlock alot of my focus tree which i am slowly progressing towards).

4 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

Every Frost Prime on every Infested Defense using bubble and considering the request not to bubble the objective a personal attack.

But twas me doing such things too 🤔

8 hours ago, Infirito said:

Also, I just have to mention:

It's a good frame with a good gun, don't really see why this would ever be a problem. 😛

HAHAHHA it was a once scorned stereotype where rhinos with their iron skin and boltor primes were bad players, or unimaginative etc etc. I guess it was one of the older era's way of thinking, if anything the thinking back then was quite toxic too to some extent.

Edited by Niryco

People play however they want. There is a youtuber who won't use reactors because he wants to know what it feels like for a new player. Another one will do sorties solo with any frame. Some people make a new account and start from scratch, getting everything they can get their hands on, but they won't rank up.

MR is an indicator for how long you've been playing the game and how good you are at levelling stuff, but that's about it. It doesn't account for how long you've been away from the game, and it doesn't mean you should know all the new stuff.

Warframe updates happen so frequently that it's hard to keep track of, if you don't read all the patchnotes and watch all devstreams. I've come across some players who have been gone for a while, usually they'll ask in clan chat about stuff, but that may not be possible for everyone.

In my experience, if you say that you've been away for a while and would like some advice, there's always someone who's willing to talk 🙂

Whenever there is a new mechanic (boss fight, event, etc) I just go in blind and fail miserably. Then I watch some vids on what is going on and go from there.

Focusing more on builds, I watch a few suggestions, try things out and mix things up a bit to what I like. The current wolf event was very useful to tune valkyr, I tried different setups, and I used parts of different builds but eventually came up with my own. There is no "best build" for anything, only the best build for me/you. And trying to figure out what your playstyle is, is also part of the game, I mean the journey should be fun. And while trying, pick things up from what people say but make it your own.

For sorties, I pick a frame suitable for the mission and just join any squad. With 2 average players you can easily do most sortie missions and even have time to revive someone. I go down sometimes too, and say "ty" when I get revived. Especially if a MR7 does this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Niryco said:

So how about you guys, this is such a sappy topic hahahah but i am curious, how do you guys feel, being lectured sometimes about late game matters?

I say ignore the Haters and do what makes you happy....

I roll with whatever is happening in public missions... if they are serious and communicate then I’ll be serious with them... if they are casual or new, then I roll with it. If they want to argue with each other over what you’re describing, I’ll sit back and watch... only thing I tend to resist is freeloaders...

As long as you can hold your own you should not be concerned about other people's opinions of you. 

If however you are holding people back and regularly getting downed you should gain a bit more power or survivability, you are free to play how you want. But if your gameplay is affecting mine I will politely ask if you need assistance if you genuinely are not knowing what to do, I won't mind the interruption but if you still keep dying without responding, I will tell you to avoid that game mode until you get some more experience if you stick around for me to express my thoughts. Or I will just leave. 

I don't get lectures, lectures would be useful. I get random complaints that I'm not doing x right without the explanations of what right means.

I know it can be frustrating when people do strange things, I was the veteran in a group hunting an eidolon when I've only ever killed 2 of them. No-one communicated, no-one said anything, someone is on an archwing, someone else on a k drive, me trying to so everything as an oberon and someone else involved somewhere.

It was a confused mess and I tried to ask "Who's done this before?" "Is anyone going after lures?" and got no responses.

A more experienced group told me I need to flit as oberon. WTF does that mean?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AltheusV said:

I don't get lectures, lectures would be useful. I get random complaints that I'm not doing x right without the explanations of what right means.

I know it can be frustrating when people do strange things, I was the veteran in a group hunting an eidolon when I've only ever killed 2 of them. No-one communicated, no-one said anything, someone is on an archwing, someone else on a k drive, me trying to so everything as an oberon and someone else involved somewhere.

It was a confused mess and I tried to ask "Who's done this before?" "Is anyone going after lures?" and got no responses.

A more experienced group told me I need to flit as oberon. WTF does that mean?

Don't worry fam, i feel you too @.@

It's a fine balance between what you owe each other and how to communicate. Nobody's going to get it right either, you can learn from a jerk, and a patronizer could enable failure, it's important to note that people don't owe you constructive criticism when your bringing their game down, but if they can't solo most content without your input, they aren't good either.

There are a few mindless builds that cakewalk most of the game, a high defense and ability strength Rhino can pity a fool, and a properly built Saryn or Chroma can trash almost anything. Excalibur Umbra is mostly ready to go out of the box, and most frames can take a beating with properly ranked health and armor, or energy and "Quick Thinking".

Other than that, I'd make sure you have reactors and catalysts, as well as forma on the weapons you intend to use when actually trying. If your mods are ranked and fill your equipment, it should be easy. 

If you want more insight, just watch Brozime on YouTube. 

Edited by BahamutKaiser

1st don’t be scared of anything open your game up to public and join randoms. Extremely high chance some one can vary your whole team. Mostly it’s 3/4 the players who can do it no sweet.

Not doing sortie ext is holding back your progress so ya do it. You’ll be one of those players in no time.

2ed thing I can’t stand being told what to do as I know the meta for most places and run into 2 issues. The content is too easy to need meta, or I pick meta and get told to go a not meta much worse or useless frame and get kicked for not obeying stupid. This happens when you don’t care about mastery and your MR 22 with 2100 hours. Some mr 24 with like 200 thinks he knows more.....

I would say check play time before you advise some one or at lest know meta.

I do not care what another person does in the game as long as it doesn't result in mission failure.   Knowing that many tenno are just ignorant about some of the mechanics in this game, I can mediate most of them (I always bring broberon to most rad sortie missions).     However, if somebody is doing something foolish I just say "heh, can you not do that...it can cause the mission to fail".   If they don't, I just instantly abort.   If they ask why..I explain.  

Regardless....Warframe, because of how "difficult" it is (hint: sarcasm), allows some tenno to act like hot stuff even though they aren't.   This is the person you need to watch out for.    There aren't alot...but there are some.  Just ignore them (put them on ignore) and carry on.    The area where you tend to see them the most is when failure actually is an "option" (e.g. ([E]SO, eidolons, spy, to some extent profit taker) because that is the area where they can try and act all "awesome".   Thus...this is where you, as a player, just need to keep your guard up a little in order to not be broadside by some little twit.

MR has almost nothing to do with true skills of particular missions.

I recommend to build some meta loadouts for certain you like. For survival, it’s a tanky frame with  essential mods. For Eidolon hunt, it’s those 4 frames and mostly snipers. For spy, it’s Loki  and Ivara. And so on. 

There must be frames/weapons you like the most and are worth the time to build great builds of these. 

Edited by George_PPS

Just now, Renegade343 said:

No, you're doing something right in a very, very wrong manner.

I guess smashing my face into everything regardless of power gaps until it is dead is the right thing in the wrong way now that I think about it.

you can still experience that feeling on Mot. Almost every time there is a fissure there, a lot of players get caught off guard with how hard enemies hit there, causing most of the squad to get downed in the first 5 minutes. The +300% damage boost enemies had in T4 void was never reflected in their level.