Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Revisiting Wukong

Ok so far not so bad but there are two things:

1st: Please let mods like Adaptation also affect the clone since it would be just another stupid cannon fodder similar to equinox clone (one shot and he is dead) 

2nd: The stored Damage of Defy becomes completely useless when it faces Armored Units... Like heavy Gunner or Bombards. Plz do sth about that otherwise it would just a S#&$ty gimmick since most of the enemies have Armor... 

hace 1 minuto, Kylo. dijo:

Works fine for me, maybe your build needs some fine tuning.

nah and tbh iam already waisting time using the 4 expecially on valkyr who can just press 2 and use any melee weapon with a riven, thing that its so much better than any exalted weapon to the point were the 4 feels insulting

1 minute ago, Ferbsol said:

nah and tbh iam already waisting time using the 4 expecially on valkyr who can just press 2 and use any melee weapon with a riven, thing that its so much better than any exalted weapon to the point were the 4 feels insulting

Hysteria with Gladiator Set is quite good, but you do you.

7 minutes ago, Ferbsol said:

doesnt look like that at all but if it works like that should be fine also about the energy regen well rage is a mod also what do you mean with nyx terminator build 

It's the build focusing on using her fourth ability and the Assimilate augment. She becomes completely invincible and walks very slowly, so you just slow walk and shoot everything while taking no damage, like the terminator.

One hopes Defy's slowdown isn't half as harsh, though.

41 minutes ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

As many of us used Defy to be immortal, it simply was too much of a set-it-and-forget it ability.

This has me very worried as ember got this same set-it-and-forget-it treatment and ended up being trash. 

I just hope his cloud walker is good still. His passive looks pretty cool also.

hace 1 minuto, Kylo. dijo:

Hysteria with Gladiator Set is quite good, but you do you.

mini bloodrush on low range weapon with crazy drain isnt even close as things like a gram prime a zaw or a redemer prime do

43 минуты назад, [DE]SpaceySarah сказал:

Passive

• 5 Levels of Immortality: Wukong has learned 5 techniques to avoid death whenever he takes fatal damage. Wukong will be randomly allowed 3 of these techniques per mission to avoid death 3 times. Each technique will make Wukong invulnerable for 2 seconds, restore 50% health, and provide a unique buff.
    1. Primal Forces: Triple elemental damage for 60 seconds
    2. Heavenly Cloak: Invisibility for 30 seconds
    3. Cosmic Armour: Invulnerable for 30 seconds
    4. Monkey Luck: Extra loot drops for 60 seconds
    5. Sly Alchemy: Orbs 4x more effective for 60 seconds

Did you ever heard about Nidus passive?

3 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

Depending on the durations involved it might not need it, the main dish is the invincible.

Defy will now taunt enemies while Wukong and his clone gain temporary invulnerability with reduced movement speed.

changing it to still offer invulnerability is important to us, and strengthening the rest of his Abilities makes up for the loss of complete god mode.

If that's the case then it's just a bad splinter storm that you can only deal damage with once. This won't make him more active as we already have better options. 

Why wouldn't I just use Nyx which offers much more to teamplay? If they want him to be more active, there needs to be a reason to use the perk that doesn't take forever to charge.

Spoiler

At this point, he's basically a less-effective Umbra with a frame instead of an operator.

46 minutes ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

We hope that these changes will create a more interesting and engaging playing experience for current Wukong mains

Image result for you're goddamn right gif

Knew he wouldn't be left totally defenceless. 3 death defies per mission, armour buffs and self healing? He'll be totally fine without the garbage that is Defy.

I'm really liking the look of this so far, I'm even pleasantly surprised by the clone as well despite being vocally against it.

I've not actually played wukong but this makes me somewhat interested in him. I hope hat the "target an enemy with increased damage" feature of his clone can somehow be worked into other minion style skills or even companions. I love the novelty of mind controlling enemies with nyx but often they simply do not do anything useful, I feel like this might be to do with their AI not being good when there are so many enemies around (usually they're just shooting 1-4 tenno), giving them a target might help.

A lot of people seem to be focusing on defy not being so good at making you invincible now - we don't know the values of the armour buff yet. The old defy+rage build might still work, youll just have to cast defy when your armour buff is about to run out, then use cloudwalker to heal occasionally. He sounds pretty sustainable in terms of tankiness, and his clone being able to use his weapons with increased damage while targeted, if affected by power strength, could give him potentially very high damage output.

I like the sounds of these change, as long as feedback on shortcomings is considered.

Archived