Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the worst frame in the game right now ?

ZARIEL_THENOBLEONE

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

I would say any frame that is pure CC cause why CC when they can just be dead and not do anything.

Sure, CC can't hold a candle to DPS, but there is something worse.

A frame whose CC effects counteract/cancel each other, along with it not being able to actively maintain said CC. And that frame is called

Ember

If it weren't for the upcoming rework it'd have to be Vauban.* Beyond him it's Ember by a landslide.

Ember only offers mediocre damage of a bad damage type and bad CC effects with the only acceptable one coming from an augment. Even for clearing the starchart Ember isn't that good as she doesn't offer anything in particular that other frames (and even weapons) don't already offer at these levels while also not being terribly effective for several mission types. In comparison to other frames getting mentioned in this thread (Nyx, Zephyr, and Titania) Ember is the only with no real practical builds or niche applications.

*Actually I retract that statement. Even considering the current state of CC Vauban can still find more practical uses than Ember can.

Edited by trst

3 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Octavia for breaking all scaling I suppose, followed by the nukeframes. 

I main her, she's only truly game breaking in low rank or solo. In 40+ level missions, if not solo or everyone is not cloaked, then they ignore her mallet so its damage is minimal. It's only when you are low rank where the damage is enough to kill rapidly without being hit or everyone cloaks that mallet gets hit and breaks scaling.

6 hours ago, CaptainMeowth said:

Here is my top ten of the worst frame of the game :

• 10) None
  • 9) Because
  • 8 ) Every
  • 7) One
  • 6) Of
  • 5) Them
  • 4) Can
  • 3) Be
  • 2) Useful

I agree.

Every warframe is capable to complete missions or quests as needed. 

[ This post's topic is subjective, due to every Player has their own preferences and play style. ] 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MSEP1 said:

I think you and I have different definitions of “worst.” Zephyr is ok/good at a lot of things. Most are done better by other frames, but having all of them lumped in one frame isn’t bad.

I personally think Atlas is probably one of the worst. His 1 is not very good when you need it be, his 2 is only ok, his 3 makes enemies harder to kill, and his 4 doesn’t really do anything worthwhile. His tanking passive isn’t very good either.

(I question all this Octavia hate popping up. She kind of makes everything a joke.)

His 3, along with frozen enemies (i.e. Frost), will no longer be immune to status procs. DErebecca just made a post in feedback showing the new mechanic.

19 hours ago, ZARIEL_THENOBLEONE said:

I would say zephyr is the worst IMO 

because there’s nothing she can do that any other frame can’t , and no , tailwind and divebomb don’t count as there mostly just gimmicks. I know she’s fun but these are just my points.

Moving around in the open worlds?

- We have archwing for that  

CC

-Plenty of better frames for that like , frost, Loki, rhino , Vauban( yes Vauban) 

Tanking 

- We got plenty of tanks that do a much better job like Inaros, Rhino and even some non tanks like Mesa 

Overall just no reason to use her aside from , of course being fun , in which case live your life , have fun

Anyways just open open for discussion, feel free to point out if I missed anything, and also tell me who you think is the worst frame in the game. I know this end part is generic , but it is what it is

Edit : yeah ember is bad , she’s only really good for low to mid level content ( 20 and under) just at least she’s got accelerant 

Zephyr actually does her jobs good. Comparing warframes to other warframes in this game isn't really ideal becaue then 
Saryn would be the best nuker
Inaros or Rhino would be the best tank
Nekros would be the best farmer
Etc., Etc...

By comparing warframes to each other it creates metas that ignore the other frames that exist and are awesome too.
Sure Zephyr might not be the most efficient due too energy for open world traveling but she ironically enough travels faster than archwing with shift+spacebar and can easily slide between smaller spaces like from cave to cave instead of deploying archwing.
Airburst admittedly sucks lol.
Her Turbulence literally grants her damage immunity for a good 30-40 seconds from most damage which imo is really good. Just being careful for those AoE attacks are important though. 
Her tornados + void singularity and funnel clouds make for nuke combos >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiuXdCIsUoE all be it not being the most efficient

Ember is physically useless and the S#&$tiest and most unfun frame to play.

1st ability barely does anything and is weak af cc
2nd ability only effects HEAT damage which almost no one uses because magnetic, gas, viral, and corrosive are things and increases casting speed to the rest of her sad and bad abilities
3rd ability is gives a decent burst of heat procs which stand as okay cc but the tiny ring left behind are pretty much useless due to the tiny insignificant range
4th ability can wipe out weak enemies but literally is so weak against anything above level 20 makes this ability pretty much useless, it's hyper uninteractive, and the ramp up of energy cost makes this abiltiy even worse. 

Literally any other frame would be more fun and better than Ember. Sure cc frames are garbage but nyx and vauban lockdown maps on mobile defence and interception. Revenant is given a bit of S#&$ considering is danse macabre is his only great ability but mesmer skin is okay. Titania is given S#&$ for her garbage first 3 abilities but her 4 really does some solid dps which keeps her away from Ember tier. Literally any frame is more fun than Ember. She honestly need a rework the most, more than any other frame in this game.

Edited by MrMrs

Without question post nerf Ember, I had to retool my Ember Prime to stave off that ridiculous energy drain which cost me a nice chunk of power strength.

I would also say Nyx, but I literally only use her with her assimilate mod. So I'm not really relying on her abilities so much as my weapon strength while face tanking everything. Though it seems like her energy drains a lot faster now.

48 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

you're thinking in terms of power. octavia is the worst frame since her abilities are OP nonsense or busted. like example her taunt and basically free invis forever #*!% it to just kill everything you want with basically no effort. or in a team situation do nothing. there's no middle ground of something having it's use either it's just op or nothing. like her 2 is barely used. and her 4 is just why not use it if you're using something else. she honestly just sucks from a feeling standpoint despite loving her gimmick and her passive since it plays into a neat support role.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

you're thinking in terms of power. octavia is the worst frame since her abilities are OP nonsense or busted. like example her taunt and basically free invis forever #*!% it to just kill everything you want with basically no effort. or in a team situation do nothing. there's no middle ground of something having it's use either it's just op or nothing. like her 2 is barely used. and her 4 is just why not use it if you're using something else. she honestly just sucks from a feeling standpoint despite loving her gimmick and her passive since it plays into a neat support role.

But that doesn't make the frame useless, it just makes it boring. Her abilities scale pretty much endlessly and she's a great team buff/support frame to have in the group. But yes, I agree with you that she's boring to use.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

titania, octavia, vauban, nyx, zephyr...

Titania is overpowered, if you think she is bad i highly suggest you build her properly and try again. The ONLY thing titania is bad at is arbitrations, because most of her survivability comes from her powers.

Octavia is really good too, ESPECIALLY on arbitrations her mallets damage scales on enemy damage so you have to do very little for her to be able to kill everything that isn't under drone control.

Vauban... No argument.

Nyx could use some work, but the focus of that should be her passive. Enemies have a 20% chance to miss? Whoopty-do when heavy gunners shoot a bajillion shots at you and at higher levels "1 shot, ya done son". To say she is completely useless though is just ignorant, she is still very viable in many scenarios, but i will agree her abilities could use some... refreshing.

Zephyr... Honestly she isn't the WORST, but she also isn't really worth defending... so yea.

But seriously, Titania and Octavia. 

It’s a weird tie.

Vauban, Ember, Nyx, Revenant, Titania.

Vauban can only CC which isn’t as useful as it used to be.

Ember’s a DPS frame that can’t DPS.

Nyx is like Vauban except she actually got a rework that did literally nothing to help her. 

Don’t even get me started on Revenant. I’ve never seen such a horribly designed kit on any other frame. So many anti synergies and backwards designs. It’s like someone deliberate tried to make him the worst thing ever.

Titania has her 4 and maybe one of her tribute buffs. Outside of that she’s completely useless. Floating Ragdoll is not a good CC. Reflecting damage is already terrible. Why give it to a frame who can’t take a hit? A slow effect that only effects movement and not attack speed despite no other slow ability acting like that.

And I’ll mention Mirage as a runner up as she is becoming increasingly irrelevant due to her reliance on light levels and her 1 being her only good reliable ability.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Banshee because she's so damn squishy. You just as much as look in her general direction and she just friggin dies.

Banshee can still survive easily by killing with Sonar and using the minor cc Sonic Boom gives at the right time when it's needed, it's a glass cannon frame that plays well that way but i wouldn't mind a few changes.

I was personally thinking about increasing Sonic Boom's range a bit and ragdolling and scrapping Sound Quake and giving Banshee an invis on headshot toggle ability for survival, which would also fit Banshee as a ghost and would work similarly as Arcane Trickery except with headshots as a trigger and it being soft capped with a 7 seconds invis on the first shot, 6 seconds on the next (with 7 secs remaining) and one second less each additional trigger until it only gives 1 sec, the whole invis duration being capped at 30 seconds and with a low energy drain on each trigger. 

Vauban.

Frame concept was awesome, but the game evolved, became faster and easier and Vauban aged very badly. 

Bounce was once useful to hop on the ledges or high ground, but then parkour 2.0 bullet jump made it useless.
Bastille was great cc tool, but the game required cc back then. Then constant powercreep made most forms of hard cc obsolete and now it's easier just to wipe entire tileset with 1 button.
Vortex combined with Torid was ultimate defense againt infested in long survival/defense missions, but ... yeah, well, press 4.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (NSW)Rastuasi said:

I main her, she's only truly game breaking in low rank or solo. In 40+ level missions, if not solo or everyone is not cloaked, then they ignore her mallet so its damage is minimal. It's only when you are low rank where the damage is enough to kill rapidly without being hit or everyone cloaks that mallet gets hit and breaks scaling.

What? i use her all the time in arbi def/survivals that isnt infested and almost always end up with top kills/dmg when all i do is kill the drones and semi afk for most parts.

• Like 2

If you're really gonna think like that, we might as well delete 90% of the WF roster.

Why use ANY other DPS frame when we already have Mesa?

Why use ANY other CC frame when we already have Limbo?

With the amount of frames we already have, it's only natural to have many options for specific roles.

Zephyr has great CC and decent damage now that her Tornadoes spread the damage taken to enemies caught in them (including status procs).

With her 3, she's almost untouchable. In Sortie defenses, you can just follow the defense operative to protect him from any projectiles.

Her 1 is in the open-world niche, but it sure is good at it. There are some weird bugs that can happen with AW launcher when you're not the host + you're not targeted by enemy missiles when using Zephyr.

Admittedly, her 2 is a really lacking ability. I really only use it to break containers, magnetic laser traps and maybe ragdoll enemies when I have to reload / save an interception point / hack a console... I guess it has its uses too...

As for worst frame, I'd go with Vauban or Ember.

I really don't get the Titania hate. Sure, outside of her 4 her kit isn't great. But her 4 is amazing and -- in my opinion anyway -- a lot of fun to use. 

As for worst frame right now, depends on how you mean it. Ember suffers from having nothing she's really good at. Vauban suffers from his niche being mostly useless right now. Baruuk suffers from the same issues of "why temporarily disable an enemy when I could just shoot them".

• Like 1