Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the worst frame in the game right now ?

ZARIEL_THENOBLEONE

On 2019-08-12 at 11:14 PM, Zilchy said:

But that doesn't make the frame useless, it just makes it boring. Her abilities scale pretty much endlessly and she's a great team buff/support frame to have in the group. But yes, I agree with you that she's boring to use.

Being boring is honestly much worse than not being particularly effective. In this game which you yourself said is lacking challenge how much does it really matter if something isn't the best nuker or tank. This is why nobody played Wukong before when he was frankly the best tank in the game. He was just really boring. Which is how Octavia unfortunately is now which in my opinion makes her the worst with Inaros as a second not too far behind. Give me ember or nyx or vauban or whatever everyone says is awful at least I can have fun using their abilities.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Still the best frame for soloing Profligate Takers though.

You do make a fair point but he still needs to be reworked a bit along with ember, while mag is getting a rework in the future with her abilities also reworked...So basically she will be removed from the tashcan eventually ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Dr.Hayward

I shouldn't have read this thread. I knew that people would bash the hell out of Nyx just because she didn't keep up with the DPS meta. Never mind that Vauban has worse synergies and survivability, and that his CC does very little to keep him safe in the event he gets blindsided. Never mind that Ember got that unjust nerf that did nothing to solve the problem it was intended to fix and only leaves her barely able to complete sorites as a worse version of Maimquinox. Never mind that Mag struggles to handle more than a single hallway at a time thanks to her bad range and slow casting times. Nope, the only criteria for being the worst is having the utter gall to be in God tier then slip up once. Nyx was the best of the best in 2015, but now a couple frames became even better so she MUST immediately rocket to the bottom of Bottom tier, that's just the way it works apparently

Edited by TARINunit9

People saying mag are bad have no clue how to mod her.  Mag is one of my favorite frames with ease against corpus, grineer, and corrupted.  Her bubble ability allows you to kill anything, her 3 strips armor/shields quite effectively, her 4 is great survivability when ran with adaptation...mag is fantastic.  

Ember is still just the worst because her kit is garbage.  Needs serious help to be anything more then a sub level 20 exterminate only frame.  Is that happening soon?  Doubtful.  

• Like 2

Zephyr is fun though. Which is her angle I think. Using projectile weapons with her 3rd ability augment(jet stream) is insanely fun and makes projectiles weapons alot stronger than they are. So If you are a fan of using those then yeah she is pretty fun to play.

With that said, any ability she has outside that is almost completely useless. Her tailwind is at best a meme ability that never comes in handy in a game that has maps full of narrow corridors and small rooms. Even in big rooms you fly up too high and you'll be reset and lose your buffs if you have any. So dive bomb also virtually becomes useless in most situations. 

Her nuke is very generic and the buff it applies on her ultimate is just laughable. Why not just make the tornado bigger by default  ? 

She 100% needs another rework, but with some actual effort put behind her this time.

• Like 1

Vauban all the way, in my opinion.  Four buttons worth of redundant second rate CC and easily replicable effects, all stuff that might work well enough if coupled with a frame that might be able to handle being in the thick of things to deliver them, but Vauban can't do that, either.  As if that's not enough, he's not even fast. 

Vauban seems to be built upon anti-synergy.  His CC requires enemies to be relatively close, his survivability dictates they need to be far away, and the majority of it doesn't prevent him from getting shot in the process or otherwise endangering himself.

He might have been a stud back when folks sat on infested defense towers for far longer than any human being could perceive as fun, but he just doesn't do anything worthwhile anymore.

Ember. Everything about her design works at cross-purposes. To be fair, that's not to say I've never had any fun with her, but still.

And yeah, Vauban's pretty bad, too. The whole time I leveled him I felt like he was just in the wrong sort of game entirely. It's like he's designed to be pretty good - in a game that isn't Warframe. It's good that he's up for a rework.

Edited by Andvarja

I'm personally convinced that all the frames are more than capable of overcoming whatever the "main" game throws at you.  Sure, some might require more time learning or mastering, but I don't think that's a bad thing, plus similar happens in virtually every other game.  And, I mean, at the end of the day, it's all about you having fun in the frame you love, meta be danged, right?  There's no competition to win, and most missions you do will come with allies to support you.  So, yeah, don't be a bane to your teammates, but if you want to use a frame for something:  Use it.

That said, this topic is about stating my thoughts on what the worst frame is, so...
...I'm going to have to say, for me, it's Baruuk.

Let me openly state that I think he's a cool concept, and I love watching his fourth.  It sounds powerful, looks great, and...is...like...a support ability?  It staggers and disarms enemies, but doesn't actually seem to do much damage.
The rest of his kit is also...odd.  His first protects him, but only while he's not attacking, so you need to consider when to attack and when not to to make use of it.  His second works as, like, crowd control, but it's better suited to playing solo.  And his third... I mean, I guess it's like a Null Star that you can give to other players, so it's not bad, just rarely able to be used defensively since you lose daggers left and right.
Technically he works, and nothing in his kit is horrible or anything, but, I mean, when did you last see a Baruuk?  Even when he was brand new I barely saw him.  Usually there's a brief period when a new frame comes out where it's considered the greatest thing ever or something, but I don't ever remember that for him, and I never see people using him anymore.  I legitimately forget he exists half the time because he's just so...bland, maybe?

Yeah, I'm going to say the worst frame in the game right now is Baruuk.  Even when you have one on the team, you're unlikely to care for his existence, and it's not like you see enough of them to actually know how to work with his abilities.

Personally, I would say Ember. I know, that Ember despite morbid line of nerfs is somehow still a meta for low-level extermination. But it does not make it shine, does it?

The worst thing about Ember is that her current state contradicts the concept. She's described as a nuke frame, but once you get your hands on it you discover she has poor damage. She has no cc at all. She has no defensive abilities and poor physical stats. She does not have a single good ability. I don't think accelerant is good, especially compared to other frames.
Everything is bad and completely disconnected from the current state game reality with Ember starting from her passive and ending with her 4. It seems, that Ember is a relic form pre-alpha. That's my side of the story.

Edited by TeaHawk

Ember is currently just limited to playing only as a melee frame with Corrosive weapons and some extreme Accelerant spam for cc. (that is if you want to be meta and still use WoF for damage)

I rather take the Accelerant augment and spam Accelerant from a distance while giving buffs to meta skrubs.

Or don't take Ember at all, there are way better and more fun options.

5 hours ago, Melkfet said:

How are Nyx and Mag bad?

Please elaborate on this.

And please don't say " i just don't like playing them"

Nyx's 1 is pretty much useless (Literally just use a spectre and any frame can summon one).
Nyx's 2 is good on paper but you will struggle to find content which justifies using it.
Nyx's 3 is alright, imo its her most useful ability but for a "CC Frame" its not as good as her competitors due to it not being a hard CC (EG Frost's 4 and Khora's 2).
Nyx's 4 without the Augment is an actual joke. It has 0 player input, a damage bonus which is pitifully short and difficult to increase (players can shoot you and charge it faster but who actually does that and it chugs your energy) and it has no lingering invulnerability which means once it ends there's a good chance of you getting killed right after it ends.  

I also fail to see how both her 2 and 4 follow her "mind control aesthetic". Does her 2 command the enemies to take off their clothes for a literal armour strip ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ?

Nyx is playable and you can do well with her but I do think her kit could be better and be more fun. As for mag, I don't play her.

Edited by Raqiya

I like Ember as is. IMO, i would prefer if frames were more like her than anything. There isnt any content i cant complete and do well in with Ember, and she takes a just a bit of skill to use. Anyone saying they cant do high level content with Ember just wants an easy to play nuke frame that takes no thought whatsoever to cruise to top kills. 

I hope DE leaves us with some skill based frames. Game is EASY enough. i dont get how people are complaining about frames being hard to use. 

40 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I like Ember as is. IMO, i would prefer if frames were more like her than anything. There isnt any content i cant complete and do well in with Ember, and she takes a just a bit of skill to use. Anyone saying they cant do high level content with Ember just wants an easy to play nuke frame that takes no thought whatsoever to cruise to top kills. 

I hope DE leaves us with some skill based frames. Game is EASY enough. i dont get how people are complaining about frames being hard to use. 

I don't think anyone is opposed to a frame requiring more "skill" to use, but there needs to be commensurate damage and if you think that comes even close to describing Ember you're lying to yourself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prekatt said:

I'm personally convinced that all the frames are more than capable of overcoming whatever the "main" game throws at you.  Sure, some might require more time learning or mastering, but I don't think that's a bad thing, plus similar happens in virtually every other game.  And, I mean, at the end of the day, it's all about you having fun in the frame you love, meta be danged, right?  There's no competition to win, and most missions you do will come with allies to support you.  So, yeah, don't be a bane to your teammates, but if you want to use a frame for something:  Use it.

That said, this topic is about stating my thoughts on what the worst frame is, so...
...I'm going to have to say, for me, it's Baruuk.

Let me openly state that I think he's a cool concept, and I love watching his fourth.  It sounds powerful, looks great, and...is...like...a support ability?  It staggers and disarms enemies, but doesn't actually seem to do much damage.
The rest of his kit is also...odd.  His first protects him, but only while he's not attacking, so you need to consider when to attack and when not to to make use of it.  His second works as, like, crowd control, but it's better suited to playing solo.  And his third... I mean, I guess it's like a Null Star that you can give to other players, so it's not bad, just rarely able to be used defensively since you lose daggers left and right.
Technically he works, and nothing in his kit is horrible or anything, but, I mean, when did you last see a Baruuk?  Even when he was brand new I barely saw him.  Usually there's a brief period when a new frame comes out where it's considered the greatest thing ever or something, but I don't ever remember that for him, and I never see people using him anymore.  I legitimately forget he exists half the time because he's just so...bland, maybe?

Yeah, I'm going to say the worst frame in the game right now is Baruuk.  Even when you have one on the team, you're unlikely to care for his existence, and it's not like you see enough of them to actually know how to work with his abilities.

I think Baruuk gets a bad rap because he's weak in a whole lot of builds.  I'm going to offer one that, for me, has proven to be exceptionally tough and effective:

Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality, Augur Secrets, Rage, Steel Fiber, Gladiator Aegis, Streamline, Blind Rage.  I'm using Handspring in the eximus slot.

This build yields a pretty low shield, fairly low health frame that takes very little damage per hit, but gets energy if you break into the health bar.  It yields 250 ability power, 85% efficiency, and no added range or duration.  You don't really want added range, and you don't need added duration.  Other good options that make this work are swapping the Gladiators Aegis for Armored Agility if you're looking for more speed, and recajiggering to use other power strength mods.  I found that I like what I've got going because anything that does hit does only token damage, especially as restraint gets eroded, and most other things I could be adding seem to be token benefits not really worth the removal of the things I've got.  At some point I may forma up enough to use Umbral Fiber.

The primary function of this build is keeping Desolate Hands(3) up and strong, and I rarely, if ever, use Elude, though it's handy for revives, captures and hacking.  Use lull and the token daggers that get used to erode your restraint.

For his 4, I've built for crit and viral.  It yields hits that'll clear swathes of mission level enemies, right up through sorties.  It demolishes everything except heavy gunners, but the rest of the build disarms anything that strays too close, and gunners aren't dangerous when disarmed.

I think a person can find him a little boring, as he's not entirely flashy or anything like that, but if you're finding him weak, give this high power build or something like it a try and I think you'll find him alot more capable than he's given credit for.

4 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You can complete high level content with Ember, but the frame is still just so limited in options when you want to make use of your kit. (or at least 2/4 of your kit)

Want to use WoF? Go for high efficiency-duration, go melee, there ya go.

Fireball? Ok with the augment, but only needed for niche content, otherwise you have to recast about every half-full minute, also ok for some minor cc.

Accelerant? Probably the only really good ability Ember has, especially augmented, but Banshee gives better buffs and isn't so limited.

Fireblast is ok for cc, no complaints, but could be a bit better with a little more base range.

For skill requiring, i just take Harrow or Banshee which aren't so limited into one build/playstyle as Ember, but my only complaint about Ember is that it's too much of a niche frame.

4 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Same.