Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All this infested business and no Embers?

(PSN)BattleCry1791

Where's all mah Embers at?

This nightwave event has been a perfect opportunity to dust off one of the greatest cheese frames of all time.  So where is she? On PS4 I'm the only one I've seen running her.

Maybe it's because since her nerf no one's been building her out?  Here's my build...and the important thing isn't even on the frame itself...it's Dethcube's Energy Generator.   Also, run Madurai.  You don't have to throw down a pizza at the beginning if you're in a full group.  I run Primed flow because I can, you don't really need it.  
Also doesn't hurt to bring a hilariously overpowered Ignis.

No photo description available.No photo description available.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

In the trashcan where they belong.

And that comes from someone who spent several days farming ember prime 4 years ago, when she wasn't complete crap. Like, she was my first prime. Her uselessness hurts me a lot.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

And that comes from someone who spent several days farming ember prime 4 years ago, when she wasn't complete crap. Like, she was my first prime. Her uselessness hurts me a lot.

Hurts me too.  She was my main rig for a long time when it came to syndicate and focus farming.  Miss being able to use her regularly...for anything. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

spot on.

I bought Ember PA when Ember Prime was released Q_Q the good old days

I solo farmed Harrow Systems with my WoF Ember, so yeah, I've been running her a few times. Have to move around a bit because of how pathetic her range is, and bring something for the more fire-resistant stuff. But other than that, yeah, she's still quite handy against Festies.

I'm busy, okay? Experimenting with the ever-addictive fast boi Gauss, then equipping Ivara for a Sortie and leaving her there to practice with my Warrior setup. Not to mention the most recent change to Ember-related stuff (the change to Fireball Frenzy) is better inclined to high damage on individual targets as opposed to horde clearing.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Maybe it's because since her nerf no one's been building her out? 

A fair amount of the WF community is kinda like that, yeah. A slight nerf to something is often met with "it's sh*t now" as opposed to the fact that's it's still really strong (Arca Plasmor?), and even if Ember is in a weak spot right now just the publicity around her is enough to keep people away.

She's solidly okay right now. She has a niche, which isn't small, and all the WoF nerf really did was increase the minimum effort required to succeed with Ember in all the content you ever need to complete. She needs some tweaks* to make her shine, but she isn't unusable like some drama queens on the internet say. You've got a solid build for what you're using her for, and I dig the Loadout synergies. Good stuff, Tenno.

*Said this dozens of times, but Ember really just needs two things: make Heat procs stack their damage in line with the other damaging Status procs; and make Ember's passive take affect by setting enemies on fire instead of setting herself on fire.

Edited by SenorClipClop
  • Like 1

I still use her in all levels of content. 

The thing is that I focus on her Accelerant instead of WoF. Even before it was changed, I almost never used WoF because it was trash. It was a lazy, boring ability that trivialized everything, just like Bladestorm. Bladestorm isn't perfect now, but at least I don't hate using it.

WoF is less useful now, but no less of a trash ability. It just needs an overhaul or replacement.

Exscuse you, i am rocking a Ember hard on ps4.   (Damn I was going to put up pics on twitter but it looks like I didnt bother).  

Mine is strength/eff build.  I use all 3 umbra to get intensify up to 60%  my final strength is 235-260%.  This set up gives me about 700-900 damage flames and 2-2.25 energy drain.  The drain will drain you relatively quickly(1- 1.5 mins) but with Zenurik+Hunter Adrenaline its easy to get back.   If my flames arent doing enough you can dump accelerant over everything and boost the damage even further!!  My world is default range though of 15 meters?  Thats really as far as I need it because stuff melts fast/instant and I have to move on.  

Build for range makes her super weak like you said,  I would find it pretty mandatory to put her world augment on for control effect.  (an Ignis wraith with blast/corrosion and 90% status is also very good for knockdown).  

I am "maining" an Ember right now..  I use her everywhere except solo bounties,  PT,  arbies, etc.  she kicks butt in disruptions.  Ember is pretty weak tho armor wise.  I use synth deconstruct + health conversion to try and armor her and it works a little but my new set-up doesnt allow for that.   My set up does have a little bit of armor and 1k heath so that gives me time to hop out and use [Magus Repair} to heal completely in seconds,  but she can insta die sometimes lol if she goes to deep into missions.  

I'll try to post my build later.  I find it really fun to play.   I loved Ember the most when I started just for her looks.  I got her super early but she was squishy and I fell in love with Valkyr.  I used Valkyr ALOT.  But now that I have unlocked alot of waybound nodes in my focus schools its more and more about which frame I just enjoy using and so I have come to ember and am trying to find tough/strong builds.   

Ember, is that like short for Thermal Sunder or something, you know one of Gauss ability that deal Heat damage, that also deal even more heat damage if a foe is already suffering from a heat proc?

Did i remember to say it is pretty much Fireblast but with decent damage numbers, and mechanics that enhances if the target is already suffering from heat, you know unlike Ember who is literary held back by her own and her teammates weaker heat procs.

I know i should not say it because you have to compare a entire kit, but Gauss would be a better fire frame than Ember if not for her one redeeming ability Accelerant. And do not be mistaken Accelerant is awesome, she is however held back by her own heat procs, low numbers, overlapping toolkit and if you or anyone on the team accidentally heat proc before you apply Accelerant, well to put it bluntly you are worthless.

Edited by Hellmaker2004
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Ember mains were warned to stay out of the lower planets due to their ruining the new player experience...Hatchlings not killing make Hatchlings mad..and that means NERF....

I have an honest question and am not trying to rile things up. I never played during that heyday so I can only go by how y'all say it was. I can understand why they nerfed Ember. Hitting the 4 to clear the map can be annoying to the rest of the team. However a few months later DE introduces Saryn who can nuke maps as well. What gives?

It's also kinda funny in that last night I helped a random farm his Ember parts. I was there farming the Hammer Stance and got lucky and got it on the 2nd try. After reading this I think I might mess with my Ember again and see what I can come up with.

30 minutes ago, Sgt.Tau said:

However a few months later DE introduces Saryn who can nuke maps as well. What gives?

Saryn requires continuous active input except under certain conditions (like the onslaught).  And at low levels spores will kill too quickly, burning through all the available fuel, dropping into the decaying state too easily.

Ember just activates WoF and everything in the area would die, and everything that approaches the area would die, and it just continues until the player runs out of energy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Crying in the corner from utter neglect.

Meanwhile Vauban is currently dangling between heaven and hell with the rework in the pipes (I have faith in Pablo to not make him somehow worse...if that's even possible).

1 hour ago, Sgt.Tau said:

I have an honest question and am not trying to rile things up. I never played during that heyday so I can only go by how y'all say it was. I can understand why they nerfed Ember. Hitting the 4 to clear the map can be annoying to the rest of the team. However a few months later DE introduces Saryn who can nuke maps as well. What gives?

It's also kinda funny in that last night I helped a random farm his Ember parts. I was there farming the Hammer Stance and got lucky and got it on the 2nd try. After reading this I think I might mess with my Ember again and see what I can come up with.

Wish I could answer it on the Saryn and Volt Nuke team..but Saryn was nerfed in the sense of forcing the players to do a little dance before nuking the room, where before that she was just press 4 and done...Volt was once underpowered and now he's over powered....The consensus is De is drunk....

Embers are on the bench for now compared to how she used to be even though I build her for her 1 and 3 and have no issues being without the old World of Fire....I'd imagine an re-work will save her in the minds of player base when it's her time around...

4 minutes ago, Sgt.Tau said:

However a few months later DE introduces Saryn who can nuke maps as well. What gives?

Statement's a lil off....They reworked Saryn and she became a map wipe.  She was around during ember's heydays...I clearly remember folks throwing spores at Saryn's effigy to make them pop when I was running ember.    

I've often wondered what would happen to ESO if they nerfed Saryn.  For random groups (like I'm always in) Saryn's can carry a whole squad.

Banshee and Ember got nerfed hard to the point neither are really viable for 2nd or 3rd stage sortie missions.  But Volt, Saryn, Mag, (sorry spacemom), Mesa....all map wipes still.

7 hours ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

This nightwave event has been a perfect opportunity to dust off one of the greatest cheese frames of all time.

Was* a great cheese frame. now she can barely light a candle.. If you wanna burn infested, you bring an Ignis, which frees up your choice of frame completely.

until they get around to reworking her (again), mine is just gathering dust. hell,  it's likely Even Vauban will end up being more useful than her after his rework... that's a sad state of affairs if I've ever seen one...

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Crying in the corner from utter neglect.

Meanwhile Vauban is currently dangling between heaven and hell with the rework in the pipes (I have faith in Pablo to not make him somehow worse...if that's even possible).

Whoops, we erased Vauban from exist- wait, what was I talking about again?

EEytvkCXoAApW1F.jpg:large

ok so mine has 1k world on fire damage and has 3.17 energy drain on it.    1k health and 300+ armor gives her a little toughness.   I use R3 Magus Repair to heal,  but my kavat usually keeps her totally healed up most of the time.   I use zenurik on her to get her energy back after world on fire.   But usually hunter adrenaline will fill her up just fine.

I have tried to use Synth Deconstruct/Fiber + Health conversion on her to get back some mod capacity but that makes her and the kavat waaay to squishy. I immediately went back to this set up.  I would love to stick my umbra forma on her...but my valkyr and or garuda would kill me...  But I love ember and this set up makes her very fun to play in general content.  If I did use an umbra forma I would probably add duration to bring drain down to 1-2/second.   Stretch would give her flames 20 meters but I really dont think she needs it.  Going for range makes your flames so weak it you will need all that duration/effeciency to make them last long enough to kill anything lol.  

She is kicking butt in disruptions.

I use to have duration/range based but I really enjoy the stronger flames

14 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Ember mains were warned to stay out of the lower planets due to their ruining the new player experience...Hatchlings not killing make Hatchlings mad..and that means NERF....

well i mean i still do this and its even easier now thanks to being able to put more range instead of power now since they increased the damage at full burn. i got 40/20 meters to work with at 0/100%. only thing the nerf hurt is high level enemies. my ember annihilates everything up to axi (with accelerant on axi)