Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to kill level 145 bombard eximus fast?

After some testing in simulacrum, it's clear to me that brute forcing level 145 eximus bombard with elements is not the best idea.

At this level my crit based weapons lose the power to kill with brute force, even far from one shot or dealing considerable damage while corrosive is viable but too slow.

Tested with hunter munitions, it shows clearly slash is the viable way but the fastest way to do this is using sniper rifles and racking up headshots, which is not something you can do all the time with bullets and rockets flying and less viable to do with other weapons.

Any build that I can try to kill them quickly? Some build that doesn't rely on buffs/debuffs and slash procs is appreciated

Edit : forgot to tell Condition Overload is very risky because it's on one shot death area

Edited by 844448

I carry a 100% status (Before multishot) Mara Detron with corrosive/blast for the sole purpose of dealing with high level Grineer. It doesn't do a lot of damage, but 4 quick shots and armor is mostly gone. Works great with Seeker so it also strips armor from enemies behind your main target.

My Glaxion Vandal is modded 100% status corrosive ice with Primed Shred for when I feel like switching weapons.

1 hit from my crit melee then finishes the job.

Edited by Jarriaga

Crit tails off, status is king.

try 100% status slash/viral zaw with condition overload.   Or a crit/status hybrid gram prime.  My gram kills a group of 8 lvl 150 gunners/bombards in about 3 seconds starting from 0 combo counter.   Also, use helios with destructor and put the gladiator mods on that for increased set bonus, you don't have to rank up the mods, it's just the set bonus you want.

• Like 1

I suggest a 100% status shotgun (before multishot) with corrosive damage , should make the bombard softer for then meleeing.

The motus setup can be useful in minimizing the spread of status.

Tysis would work too i suppose.

Of course any frame that has an ability to strip 100% armor (Ash , Banshee , etc) can be used as well.

Objective is to remove armor completely.

Alternatively, you can use a trusty Sarpa with Shattering Impact to strip the armor.

Sarpa can also inflict some Slash while you're stripping the Bombard's armor. With Sarpa's multiple pellets and Relentless Combination, you will have quite high combo by the time the bombard dies (probably before you pull your primary... Sarpa is a beast!).

I know Garuda or Mag + Gas Lanka could one shot enemies past that (although Mag would slow down faster), even as Eximus. Also Redeemer Prime is a good choice too. Most Slash Melees like a Zaw or a Gram Prime could kill heavy armored enemies very fast with CO.                                                                         

Edited by GPrime96

46 minutes ago, 844448 said:

After some testing in simulacrum, it's clear to me that brute forcing level 145 eximus bombard with elements is not the best idea.

At this level my crit based weapons lose the power to kill with brute force, even far from one shot or dealing considerable damage while corrosive is viable but too slow.

Tested with hunter munitions, it shows clearly slash is the viable way but the fastest way to do this is using sniper rifles and racking up headshots, which is not something you can do all the time with bullets and rockets flying and less viable to do with other weapons.

Any build that I can try to kill them quickly? Some build that doesn't rely on buffs/debuffs and slash procs is appreciated

20 Level 125 Bombard Eximus in under 20 seconds.

First time without channeling or buffs.

Second time with channeling.

Third time with channeling and buffs.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Garuda.

2 casts of her 1.

cast her 4 on the bombard.

charge blood Orb for 2 seconds then fire away.

kills everything else around the bombard too. Much better than Revenant.

Revenant can do it faster.

EDIT: I didn't give you a laughing face. Here, have an upvote for providing another way to kill these nasty units.

Edited by nslay

oberon: cast 2, 4 (depending on strength 1-3 casts will be needed) summon gratler shoot the floor at their feet (at full armor it takes 2-3 mags from the gratler to kill a bombard (normal) so depending on elements on the gralter and oberon build it could take less than one or up to 3)   if there is only one or two targgets cast 2,4,1,1,1 three casts should do it but 4 casts might be needed if there is an additional DR source (on bombars and heavy gunners with 1% armor left it only took 2 casts to kill the target.)  

mag cast 2,3 summon gratler stand back (this can take less than one mag to do)

valk: cast 2, 4 slid attack for near instant kills for even better results put the gladator mods on any thing you can (even 2 mods will give red crits after combo 2)

baruske: cast 2 use CL dager

Edited by spirit_of_76

23 minutes ago, nslay said:

Revenant can do it faster.

Yeah, sure (he’s not faster, you’re calling a frame with some of the slowest cast animations “faster” that’s hilarious) But you know what Revenant can’t do. 1 shot more than 7 enemies at a time. Garuda can do that. So even if she feels slow the end result more than makes up for that.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

Mag

Magnetize

• 1x Lanka

Or 

• Mara Detron

Enemie amount: Think of a number

All dead anyways.

Importent at Mara...

100% Status Effect + Radiation = max all start throwing S#&$ on them.

Remember...the more fk'ed up their dmg is...the more they will fuk each others.

Dun forget popcorn. N1 show 🍿🍿

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah, sure (he’s not faster, you’re calling a frame with some of the slowest cast animations “faster” that’s hilarious) But you know what Revenant can’t do. 1 shot more than 7 enemies at a time. Garuda can do that. So even if she feels slow the end result more than makes up for that.

Well, if you're at the point in the game where you need Revenant's reave, you already have 7 Thralls lined up and thus you can one shot all 7 of them at the same time. Though you probably should keep one or two alive to spread the Thrall effect around some more.

Also, as per your comment, I really recommend Natural Talent for Revenant. I've seen players who can tolerate that slow casting animation, but I see it as both a convenience and as a defense mod for any recasting of Mesmer Skin. Though, you won't need to recast Mesmer Skin if you're having to use Reave to kill stuff...

I got Garuda in my arsenal. Now that Gauss is all built, I might just pull her out and try her out.

• Like 1