Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are we collecting for?

Samhel

As my question says i'm really curious about why are we just collecting these things till we max out everything. Veterans, almost all of the mr 26-27s are the proof that it's possible and it doesn't take relatively much time, but after that what's the goal of grinding for those weapons and warframes?
There are no specific quests we need them for, pvp is almost non-existent and even arbitration is just another endo farming grindfest to max out mods. What is the goal? Is there any?

I remember the day back when we had raids and even that was just a thing to farm out something we need in warframes to be even better (arcanes), but atleast it was difficult with those conditons that were present in the game. And now? Now we can all become powercreeps after not even min-maxing our builds but atleast filling all the slots in frames and laugh about the enemy level that was considered hard back when raid was a thing.

Contentdrought is a real, and im not talking about weapons only, but even if collecting these things were just for the sake of collecting them, we get only like 2-3 weapons with each update and like... when did new prisma, wraith and vandal weapons stop coming out?
I know the max MR is thought to be 30, but just think about it for a second... Why? It gives us the maximum amount of capacity in weapons and frames we can get when we get there... and? What if there were MR 31,32,33.......,100 but with different rewards?
It's just an idea really, but it could be possible if DE would pay attention to that kuva weapon system that will come out in The Old Blood update and possibly adding new vandal and prisma and maybe even newer variants to the pool... or just like... care about adding more new things to the game in generalNot to talk about some difficult boss fights or missions that rewards us differently than now... but that's a whole another story.

Anyway i just don't know why are we doing this and that's all o,o (Yes i love the game, its my favorite, im having fun and im just worried, thank you for understanding this <3) 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

I’ve only farm the frames and stopped doing eidolons because I have no agency to get stronger 

By the time you ask this question it’s too late. you have assumed there would be a benefit of getting stronger 

Because there should be o,o Or am i wrong? 😞

There's only ever one goal with any gameplay loop: Having fun while playing the game. Why would you waste your time looking for anything deeper than that?

As for content drought, that's a fact of life inherent to all persistent online games. Go play something else between updates.

Edited by Ceryk
  • Like 1

At this stage, past MR 16 is not rewarded in game (i.e. nothing is unlocked or given for being any higher).

However as many have stated above, each individual play this game for different reasons so there are so many different answers. 

In my case, being a hoarder, I like collecting and keeping everything I have in this game. Increasing my MR is only a byproduct of that goal in collecting everything. 

With further expansions and further introductions of frames, weapons, etc, MR will keep going up. I do fear though there wont be a reward for these people that do max everything since many new players or players that don't wish to spend any money on this game will see it as a spend to win reward. At the same time these people that do put in the effort will feel robbed that they have put in all this game time for no reward. 

It's hard to please everyone.  

10 minutes ago, kyori said:

What is the goal of you being born and alive? Is there any?

I love these kind of questions and it is always worth thinking about (even though it's totally unrelated to this discussion). 

All i can say is, it feels so dam good when you do get the answer, so keep looking for it mate.  

Meh. I play the game as a fallback when I can't think of anything else to play. It's just the game happens to be perfect for just that; a nice and grindy looter-shooter (which doesn't tire me out like Diablo-likes do), with fast-paced gameplay that I can play for 5-20 minutes at a time and still feel like I got my time's worth. It's basically the game I've always wanted.

Me reaching MR 27 was just a side-effect of that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Samhel said:

As my question says i'm really curious about why are we just collecting these things till we max out everything. Veterans, almost all of the mr 26-27s are the proof that it's possible and it doesn't take relatively much time, but after that what's the goal of grinding for those weapons and warframes?
There are no specific quests we need them for, pvp is almost non-existent and even arbitration is just another endo farming grindfest to max out mods. What is the goal? Is there any? 

Why did I grind to get all the playable fighters in Smash Ultimate? To get all the content.

We climb the mountain because it is there. And as long as the gameplay is fun and the business model isn't EA or Ubisoft levels of dispicable, we are happy to do so

There are those who play the game as a means to making money. They strive to have videos watched and streams viewed as we as becoming a partner to get the thing s they used to buy for Free.

Others play to escape the reality that they have been in for way a many cycle of the life.

Some come in to troll the new players and old and to show how the game has faults as well as getting into fights with the developer for whatever shortcomings said person has and wants to show the company they are no better.

A few come on to let hours or minutes go by until they move to something else. You vision quest. No holy Grail adventure.

There are a few that come on to see what they can do to mix up what they have and attempt something different than the tried and true. They put on random or weak stuff and test their skills without the powerboost to make it seem trivial.

We cannot forget those who truly enjoy the lore, fashion, merchandise, and all other things that have been created thanks to the game being around.

As well as all the other choices and people out there with their other reasons not covered in here, it could be many a choice

As long as YOU know the reasons you keep getting Nano Spores and Pressure Points and making a gun or frame, it is the only reason that matters because that is your purpose for looking at the game, the forums, and the media this brings. If you canno answer that.....might be time to ask yourself that hard question....

• Like 1

Seven years later I just go after Prime frames and if De sticks a normal frame in front of me that's not a chore or a second job that demands some secret handshake to get one sole part, then I'll go after it...

Like for an example Wisp's farm..That was pretty fun and easily accessible for where I am in the game as a veteran...I had unlocked all the nodes and it was quick boss fight that wasn't some major pain in the time stamp. Where Hildryn isn't even on the radar beyond just picking up the BP, becuase I can't really find the energy or want to level myself up to the last level with Little Duck...Farming Torroids is an awful design especially if enemies refuse to spawn in the three locations you're supposed to farm them...

I think the only frame I've liked recently has been Gauss...so...

...I don't collect anymore..I get rid of...and just keep those weapons and frames that make me happy..