Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are we collecting for?

Samhel

Well i gathered interesting information from your comments, but i think there is a misunderstanding between me and you 😄 I always have my goals in the game and what i do is never meaningless.

The only thing i don't understand is that we get and max out all these cool things in the game but there is no purpose for it. Like ye they are all cool looking things, they all work differently but like... i don't know what i'm supposed to do with them after i min-max their builds (which is one of my goals in the game for later). Like ye you could say that i can do things easier or faster, but like... i've been done with those things without catalyst or forma in my weapons while i was creating my builds for them... I think i'm missing where the collecting part in the game wants to lead me .-.

Just now, Samhel said:

Well i gathered interesting information from your comments, but i think there is a misunderstanding between me and you 😄 I always have my goals in the game and what i do is never meaningless.

The only thing i don't understand is that we get and max out all these cool things in the game but there is no purpose for it. Like ye they are all cool looking things, they all work differently but like... i don't know what i'm supposed to do with them after i min-max their builds (which is one of my goals in the game for later). Like ye you could say that i can do things easier or faster, but like... i've been done with those things without catalyst or forma in my weapons while i was creating my builds for them... I think i'm missing where the collecting part in the game wants to lead me .-.

we get the end as everything there is an end

I set little goals for myself and play certain missions and when I stop having fun I quit playing.  I do the same thing with Destiny 2.  As much as some people on this board wanna praise it (honeymoon F2Pers), it's the exact same way maybe worse.  Once you reach a certain point you're literally doing the same thing over and over just to raise a gear score.

the only goal to MR cap be it the current softlock or the hard cap of 30 is to

1. Get stuff first, for example the blueprint to refine the red gem off Fortuna which was needed to craft garuda. I made at least 200p just selling gems that day as I was in the first group of people who could craft and then trade. 

2. once we hit MR 30 we will no longer have to level up weapons unless we want to apply a forma. Though at 27 it's not much of a issue now for most weapons outside of the meta.

Edited by Fire2box

There is no point to maxing out gear. You grind to make that opticor awesome just because. Not because you need it for some tough boss. 

The grind is the game. Warframe has never been more or promised to be more than what it is during it's first 100+ hours. If you've played for 500+ hours, you've probably done the same thing over and over 100s of times already. That what this game is. New updates may add some variation to that, but it still basically falls back to repeating the same thing over and over to earn gear to repeat the same thing over and over

Edited by Hypernaut1

Once you have become undeniably the strongest, what remains? That's what you're asking. Once you reach endgame, you are the strongest being in the Origin System (except maybe Wally/a full sentient) and the difficulty of the original missions reflects that. I actually love that Warframe doesn't use a "power treadmill" to make everything you gain meaningless. I earned that power, and Warframe lets me unleash it as I please, giggling all the way.

• Like 1

It's just nice to have a lot of different guns to choose from. Sure I have my favorites, but sometimes you feel wild and pick something different, or purely for the fashion. After all, most of the grind takes place in pretty low level missions where weapons and frames power doesn't matter much anyway.

Meta and synergy also change all the time. Some weapons may be crap to use in general, but may be great for specific frames or abilities, or as stat-boosters. 

Now for the next patch for example, we finally have melee 3.0, so it's nice to have al lot of different types of melee weapons to test with. Exilus slots are coming for guns, which will probably make a lot of odd ones becoming more useful without having to sacrifice damage for utility/QoL. Heat damage is getting reworked, which may even change meta in many cases as innate heat damage weapons may become more sought after. 

Now is defenitely a good time to have a big arsenal!

giphy.gif

And then there is of course also the pros with higher MR like daily standings and focus, as well as more slots, capacity, and fissures, etc, which is very convenient. 

Honestly many of the high MR players i have seen just sit in recruit chat and do random missions maybe help new players, theres often more to unlock aswell. Do you have rivens for your favorite guns? All your favorite arcanes rank 3? You could try trading up  to a large amount of plat. Content droughts will always be present in PVE games you could always play another game aswell as warframe. 

People can and just do enjoy stress relief well they crack skulls with a variety of methods.  It's not about challenge for everyone.

I get great relief playing dynasty warriors and one maning entire fuedal armies with one sword swipe.  Or the gundam dynasty warrior games.

Or micro managing soace empires in masters of orion 2 and fighting giant space battles.

Think outside just your goals.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

9 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

I love these kind of questions and it is always worth thinking about (even though it's totally unrelated to this discussion). 

All i can say is, it feels so dam good when you do get the answer, so keep looking for it mate.  

I'm asking the OP, not myself. It's sad you don't understand what I'm talking. Sad n bye.

Il y a 16 heures, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

I’ll leave him alone when DE reworks him to be

A. A proper Eidolon themed Warframe. None of that Vampire crap.

B. Good

C. A model, upstanding citizen of the Origin System.

What is a proper eidolon theme ? What would be eidolon themed abilities ? I know what we got doesn't fit too well those boots (appart from his 4 ofc), but really, appart from spinning laser, what even is the eidolon/sentient shtick ? (I know, they adapt to damage, but giving him a mini adaptation as passiv doesn't sound that great). And if DE really intends him to be the vampire frame, that's the biggest fail.

How is he bad in your eyes ? He's no Mesa that's for sure, but still, he's high tier in my book. Mobility and self heal (when I'm too lazy to magus repair), check. Tankyness, double, triple and quadruple check ! Aoe damage, check, and more than I thought at first ! CC (if for some reason you'd want to CC over Prime Redeeming a big target), check !

Does he have some anti-synergy in his own kit ? Yes. Does his damage fall off much faster than top tier frames ? Yes. Is his 1 a waste of energy most of the time ? Yes (but comeon, until recently, 1s were often bad (chroma's 1 is terrible and yet...)). But ...

I can take him to wipe lvl 60 ennemies confortably, and above that (arb mostly for me), he's my go-to when I need to stay alive and not much else. He's not a meta defining frame, but he has a lot going for him still (easily more than our freshly reworked Vauban, as much as we can tell now).

C : Never !!!

But really, can you tell me why you don't like him ? Trying to understand your reasonning here. And don't worry, I get the general humor of your post, but that's not the first time I see him getting flak for no reason apparently. Is it just because he's not as STRONG as Chroma/Saryn/family ? For my part, when his armor got recastable, he looked perfectly fine.

18 hours ago, Samhel said:

As my question says i'm really curious about why are we just collecting these things till we max out everything. Veterans, almost all of the mr 26-27s are the proof that it's possible and it doesn't take relatively much time, but after that what's the goal of grinding for those weapons and warframes?

You grind so you can have nice things. 

You keep grinding so you can keep getting nice things. 

I had so many Gems. Didn't even know I would need them for Gauss.  I started selling the extras. Made good plat. Still have a ton.

Bought arbitration stuff still have vitus for Grendel.

Sell stance mods when new melees come out.

#grinding

2 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

What is a proper eidolon theme ? What would be eidolon themed abilities ? I know what we got doesn't fit too well those boots (appart from his 4 ofc), but really, appart from spinning laser, what even is the eidolon/sentient shtick ? (I know, they adapt to damage, but giving him a mini adaptation as passiv doesn't sound that great). And if DE really intends him to be the vampire frame, that's the biggest fail.

How is he bad in your eyes ? He's no Mesa that's for sure, but still, he's high tier in my book. Mobility and self heal (when I'm too lazy to magus repair), check. Tankyness, double, triple and quadruple check ! Aoe damage, check, and more than I thought at first ! CC (if for some reason you'd want to CC over Prime Redeeming a big target), check !

Does he have some anti-synergy in his own kit ? Yes. Does his damage fall off much faster than top tier frames ? Yes. Is his 1 a waste of energy most of the time ? Yes (but comeon, until recently, 1s were often bad (chroma's 1 is terrible and yet...)). But ...

I can take him to wipe lvl 60 ennemies confortably, and above that (arb mostly for me), he's my go-to when I need to stay alive and not much else. He's not a meta defining frame, but he has a lot going for him still (easily more than our freshly reworked Vauban, as much as we can tell now).

C : Never !!!

But really, can you tell me why you don't like him ? Trying to understand your reasonning here. And don't worry, I get the general humor of your post, but that's not the first time I see him getting flak for no reason apparently. Is it just because he's not as STRONG as Chroma/Saryn/family ? For my part, when his armor got recastable, he looked perfectly fine.

Honestly IDK how to make him completely Eidolons theme but the lore is he was corrupted by sentient energy which gives him a whole slew of different sentient abilities DE could pick from. 

Of course you think he’s good. Of course. OF COURSE! Because you haven’t done the research I’ve done. You haven’t compared his abilities to other frames and you haven’t analyzed just how terribly his abilities work together. Let’s go over it shall we.

Enthrall: Garbage. Who in their right mind would design an ability that’s the anchor to all the frames synergies that can be killed by team mates. Anything that they could possibly ever provide is useless because they spend the the Thralls spend their entire existence being an useless damage pillar.

Mesmer Skin: this ability is the single most over rated piece of trash ability that I have ever encountered in this game. A charges based defense ability does not work in a game like Warframe where you’re facing off against numerous enemies where each one will take a charge off your defense. And 100% damage resistance does not justify that terrible design in the slightest. 90% DR plus all the mods and arcanes we have for tanking has proven to be more than enough for the content we are doing. Not to mention that literally every other tank ability is far more reliable than Mesmer Skin in terms of duration (just the general time it lasts not the ability stat), but you don’t have to cower away every 5 seconds to refresh or maintain these abilities, and they don’t need to take up a mod slot with rolling guard to try and patch that problem.

Reave: If Revenant is such an “amazing tank” why does he need a movement ability? And why does that movement ability have health drain as it’s main focus when Revenants primary form of defense has absolutely nothing to do with health. That’s like giving Rhino the ability to regen Shields. It doesn’t matter because your protecting yourself with Iron Skin. Now it does have other uses. Or it would if they weren’t tied to Enthrall which we just established isn’t worth the energy casting so Reave is useless.

Danse Macabre: Actually a decent ability. It has some issues but overall the idea of implementing the sentient damage adaptation into a Damage ability was a great idea. And the rest of his abilities should taken a page of Danse Macabres book because it’s literally the only ability of his that’s worth using. But there’s no point in using it at all because it’s attached to a frame that’s not worth using.

This is all without going into greater detail over how his abilities were clearly never designed with synergies in mind, multiple anti synergies, contradictions within the kit, slow cast speeds, terrible passive, uninspired name, broken idle animation. Revenant is a bad frame. And to call him “high tier” is...I can’t even comprehend how anybody could every think of describing him that way.

Level 60 enemies are nothing. I can kill those all day with a Gauss and Acceltra. Heck I’ve outkilled a Revenant twice over facing level 60s with Gauss and Acceltra. And Gauss isn’t Mesa. He’s not this 360 degree turret of death, or massive AOE debuffer with scaling damage. All he has is going fast and shooting his gun. And that was enough to put Revenant to shame. (Gauss also has a far better implementation of 100% DR)

Now as for the reason I hate Revenant. It could easily be enough that he’s just terribly designed. No, it has to do with why he’s terribly designed and the decisions that lead to that outcome. We could’ve had an Eidolon themed Warframe. The first ever frame who is based off of one of the bosses in the game. IDK about you but I’ve played games where you get to play as some/all of the boss in the game and it is an amazing experience. We lost out on that because for some insane reason DE gave creative control of Revenant over to Rebecca, someone who is not a game designer or developer. She is just the community manager. And she completely disregarded Revenants design and backstory all just to put in a vampire frame. And not being a game designer means any ability that she could've possibly come up with us not coming from a place of practicality.

We could’ve had an amazing, powerful, fun frame if DE handled Revenant better. But instead we got this broken, half-baked, sorry excuse of a Warframe. And I will cry tears of joy the day DE finally completely reworks him. But until that day I will be here to remind you and everyone else that this frame that you think is so “high and mighty” is nothing more than a lie you keep telling yourself.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

20 hours ago, Samhel said:

As my question says i'm really curious about why are we just collecting these things till we max out everything. Veterans, almost all of the mr 26-27s are the proof that it's possible and it doesn't take relatively much time, but after that what's the goal of grinding for those weapons and warframes?
There are no specific quests we need them for, pvp is almost non-existent and even arbitration is just another endo farming grindfest to max out mods. What is the goal? Is there any?

The Goal to max/forma weapons & frame? 

1. Is to make sure when they get a rework /buff/nerf, we are ready to immediately minmaxing the hell outta them. 

2. To make sure we are ready to test various builds when we coincidentally get the rivens/unique mods for it, like them amalgam mods, rathuum mods, index mods & nightwave mods. 

3. The same thing goes with skins release, tennogen, Day of the dead, tekellu, etc. Some skins are so awesome, you'd get the weapon only so that you can use that skin. 

4. For collections. 

What is the goal? Is there any?

There is a goal, is repetitive and empty but is a goal. The goal is "we want to get X thing", we get driven by that goal to keep playing and we are going to keep playing until we get the idea of "I don't have any new thing we could be interested to have".

This is not a competitive game, so you can't get driven by the goal of being better in X activity than your rivals when playing, you can't get the complexities of having to adapt to different outcomes and environments that you get in a competitive game, there is only a IA and RNG.

Besides the DE white knights protecting DE from all harm and feedback: there is non. There is no endgame to reach or goal to archive. Thats also Warframs biggest problem. Thats the only thing in WF that makes the game shallow when you finish it. So to answer your question: no.

"BuT YoU cAn EnJoY tHe GaMe WiTh OuT a EnDgAme!"

"jUsT pLaY aNoThEr GaMe!"

I choose the second option. I will play WF again when the next content drops so hopefully this week

Edited by DerGreif2

Il y a 20 heures, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Honestly IDK how to make him completely Eidolons theme but the lore is he was corrupted by sentient energy which gives him a whole slew of different sentient abilities DE could pick from. 

Of course you think he’s good. Of course. OF COURSE! Because you haven’t done the research I’ve done. You haven’t compared his abilities to other frames and you haven’t analyzed just how terribly his abilities work together. Let’s go over it shall we.

Enthrall: Garbage. Who in their right mind would design an ability that’s the anchor to all the frames synergies that can be killed by team mates. Anything that they could possibly ever provide is useless because they spend the the Thralls spend their entire existence being an useless damage pillar.

Mesmer Skin: this ability is the single most over rated piece of trash ability that I have ever encountered in this game. A charges based defense ability does not work in a game like Warframe where you’re facing off against numerous enemies where each one will take a charge off your defense. And 100% damage resistance does not justify that terrible design in the slightest. 90% DR plus all the mods and arcanes we have for tanking has proven to be more than enough for the content we are doing. Not to mention that literally every other tank ability is far more reliable than Mesmer Skin in terms of duration (just the general time it lasts not the ability stat), but you don’t have to cower away every 5 seconds to refresh or maintain these abilities, and they don’t need to take up a mod slot with rolling guard to try and patch that problem.

Reave: If Revenant is such an “amazing tank” why does he need a movement ability? And why does that movement ability have health drain as it’s main focus when Revenants primary form of defense has absolutely nothing to do with health. That’s like giving Rhino the ability to regen Shields. It doesn’t matter because your protecting yourself with Iron Skin. Now it does have other uses. Or it would if they weren’t tied to Enthrall which we just established isn’t worth the energy casting so Reave is useless.

Danse Macabre: Actually a decent ability. It has some issues but overall the idea of implementing the sentient damage adaptation into a Damage ability was a great idea. And the rest of his abilities should taken a page of Danse Macabres book because it’s literally the only ability of his that’s worth using. But there’s no point in using it at all because it’s attached to a frame that’s not worth using.

This is all without going into greater detail over how his abilities were clearly never designed with synergies in mind, multiple anti synergies, contradictions within the kit, slow cast speeds, terrible passive, uninspired name, broken idle animation. Revenant is a bad frame. And to call him “high tier” is...I can’t even comprehend how anybody could every think of describing him that way.

Level 60 enemies are nothing. I can kill those all day with a Gauss and Acceltra. Heck I’ve outkilled a Revenant twice over facing level 60s with Gauss and Acceltra. And Gauss isn’t Mesa. He’s not this 360 degree turret of death, or massive AOE debuffer with scaling damage. All he has is going fast and shooting his gun. And that was enough to put Revenant to shame. (Gauss also has a far better implementation of 100% DR)

Now as for the reason I hate Revenant. It could easily be enough that he’s just terribly designed. No, it has to do with why he’s terribly designed and the decisions that lead to that outcome. We could’ve had an Eidolon themed Warframe. The first ever frame who is based off of one of the bosses in the game. IDK about you but I’ve played games where you get to play as some/all of the boss in the game and it is an amazing experience. We lost out on that because for some insane reason DE gave creative control of Revenant over to Rebecca, someone who is not a game designer or developer. She is just the community manager. And she completely disregarded Revenants design and backstory all just to put in a vampire frame. And not being a game designer means any ability that she could've possibly come up with us not coming from a place of practicality.

We could’ve had an amazing, powerful, fun frame if DE handled Revenant better. But instead we got this broken, half-baked, sorry excuse of a Warframe. And I will cry tears of joy the day DE finally completely reworks him. But until that day I will be here to remind you and everyone else that this frame that you think is so “high and mighty” is nothing more than a lie you keep telling yourself.

I have not only done my research, I have played him.

Enthrall: we agree, it's trash. But hey, Mesa's 1 is trash, Chroma's 1 is trash, not all frames see their entire kit get used. It's not a good thing in itself, but that's how things are for many frames nowaday.

Mesmer skin : have you actually used it ? My build with 14 charges is more than viable. On paper, yeah, having that few charges in a game like warframe, what's the point right ? But in practice it works really well. Since you're realisticly not gonna stand still, you don't get hit by every single ennemy you encounter. And even if you get hit by a volley of bullets, you only loose a single charge per ennemy. And since that ennemy is now stunned, he won't hit you no more. (And you can enthrall for free, yeaaah said noone). And you can refresh it for unlimited invincibility.

This ability alone is what puts him at High tier for me (note that I didn't say Top tier, aka meta-defining tier, big difference). For long arbis with lvl 150+ one shotty ennemies, I'm rocking my Revenant without a second thought. Permanent 100% damage reduction, if you want to talk extra high level damage, Chroma and Inaros will fall way earlier than Revenant. Who cares if it has a klunky nearly useless synergy with his 1 ? It's still a very strong power.

I'm getting the feeling that you didn't play Revenant more than 10 minutes. If you did, you'd know that a well build and well played Mesmer skin doesn't need to be refreshed any more often than a Chroma's 3 (about once per minute), and that you don't have to ever cower away since, as I already said last post, it is refreshable.

Now sure, if you're standing around, waiting to get shot, charges will deplete fast, and you'd have only yourself to blame for it.

Rolling guard ? Lol. Adaptation and arcanes ? Lol again. Dump power strenght as if you were building for his 4, get 14 charges, get comfy, grofit.

Duration based abilities beeing more reliable ? If you assume that his charges get depleted in 10 seconds every time, but as we saw earlier that is wrong. Furthermore, duration abilities need to be refreshed regularly no matter what happens, where a charge based will stay up as long as it has charges left. Not saying that one is better than the other, just that they are just as viable.

Reave : Revenant is not a tank, he has one tanky ability. What game do you think you are playing ? There are no such as a big lumbering tank that soaks damage for the team like a moba, tanking is only selfish. And how would "having a dash" equates to "Revenant bad tank" ? Doesn't make any sense. Even in mobas and such there are heavy tank with high mobility, so that's a non argument from the start.

Now, the fact that it heals is nonsense regarding the rest of his kit, we agree, almost, more on this later. Its synergy with enthrall is klunky, yes, but if you want to go ridiculously high lvl endurance, ON PAPER, it has the potential to kill ANYTHING. Corrupted bombard lvl 5000 ? Enthrall, reave, reave, reave, dead. Damage taken ? 0. I don't advise doing this AT ALL, pretty sure it would be way too many plates to spin at once, but it's there if you need it for some reason.

But its main use is to give mobility and heals during his 4. Mobility because mobility is nice. Heals so that you can keep taking damage during 4, radiating this damage, reave heal and keep going. Considering DE designs content around lvl 80-100 beeing the maximum "normal" content (aka lvl at which a lancer is not quite totally one shotting you), it makes sense that reave heals. NOW, I agree that this is still not a very good thing, as you need to subject yourself to the risk of dying to get the most out if your 3 and 4 and this just stops it from working beyond a certain lvl.

It's not an awesome ability yes, it's a dash. If it would have been a dash for your 4 and nothing else, I would still be happy with it, wouldn't change how I use it. It's a dash, no reason to bash the character for it.

Danse Macabre : decent and confortable ability, not much to say, a pleasure to clear trash with it. When I was saying lvl 60, I was specifically talking about lvl60 trash clearing thanks to his 4, nothing else. I know lvl 60 is easy, thank you, are you gonna tell me the color of the sky next ?

Not designed with synergies in mind ? BS. His kit is full of synergies, just not very usefull ones. Huge difference between "kinda failing" and "not even trying".

Broken idle animation : what are you talking about ? And even if that was the case : oh the humanity !

Uninspired name : if you say so I guess, but that's a low blow.

Long cast time : really ? Longest is mesmer skin, which is just as fast as Chroma's 2. Haven't seen anyone cry about this. You're really pushing.

Yes, I consider him high tier. He can be unkillable with a bit of CC for ultra high level, and he can also be a very confortable, mobile enough, aoe damage frame. He is not amongst the game breaking top tier, he has a limit to the damage he can put out, so what ? Does he need to be as broken OP as mesa/saryn/others to not be classified as bad ? It's stupid.

You outdps a Revenant ? Woh ! Such proof ! He might have been snoring in a corner, had bad weapons, be unranked, be simply bad or all of the above. Clap clap clap... I've outdps Saryns in ESO with an acceltra alone, this proves nothing.

And then you go on about how Reb would have designed him... Yeah sure, if you say so bro. That seems very far fetched that they'd leave their devs hanging while Reb designs something from the ground up, sounds more like she gave a suggestion or two, but anything else seems very unlikely... If I was to theorize on this, I'd say you decided to hate Revenant for some reason, and are then linking the dots that benefit your argument. But I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say that it's all true : Well, she did a pretty good job, would have been easy to make him ridiculously OP, but she made him strong but not Mesa lvl strong, good from a novice !

Now, after all of this, might I suggest getting down from your high horse and actually playing the guy before claiming stuff you don't know ? Because it really feels like you watched a video and based your all opinion from that. Oh great teller of truth and reminder of badness, go check your facts and actually experience what you're claiming, because your great crusade is between sad and laughable now.