Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you prepare for upcoming updates?

KnossosTNC

Or do you just keep doing what you're doing normally and then adapt to the changes when it actually drops?

Me? I'm obsessed with preparations. Just with this coming Update 26, for example. After I saw the Ember rework in a Devstream a while back, I immediately removed her from my favourite loadout list. It's not that I didn't like what I saw; it's just that I've been using my Ember to run low-level Fissures alongside my Equinox, and the rework has turned her into a very different frame, which I felt was going to require a re-evaluation from scratch. I've put her in one of the secondary loadout slots and been running Equinox exclusively instead since.

Requiem Fissures? Immediately after seeing that, I started running other Kuva Fortress missions (I usually only go there to level melee weapons at Pago) and did a long Kuva Disruption to get reacquainted with the place. Condition Overload stack capped at 3? Ditched my Tysis and rebuilt myself a Pox for my Saryn. Catchmoon nerf? I've already ditched it and dusted off my Pyrana Prime - hello my old friend.

Yeah, these preparations are probably unnecessary, but I'm like that. Can't help myself.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Just now, DarthIronclad said:

Recently grinded up the 75 vitus needed for the new frame,and been working on shotguns(including a strun wraith riven build) to be able to fight liches effectively.

Yeah, saved up my Vitus as well. Was expecting the keys to be about 20-25 each.

It depends on the update one thing I did to prepare for the upcoming update is I bought a full set of exodia brave.  The old version of this was not very good at all but the changes they are making to it I think it's going to be the new go to unless it gets nerfed right away which is possible.

I do arbitrations a couple times a week and already have around 300 essences which is more than enough for Grendel.

Sometimes when new primes are about to come out I'll make sure all of my syndicates are maxed so I can buy a bunch of relic bundles on release.

28 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

Recently grinded up the 75 vitus needed for the new frame,and been working on shotguns(including a strun wraith riven build) to be able to fight liches effectively.

Is it actually 75 or is it 100? 

Because you need to get the actual blueprint from somewhere and I'm assuming the blueprint also comes from the Arbiters? In which case it would, again I assume, be an additional 25 essence on top of the 75 for the keys.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Is it actually 75 or is it 100? 

Because you need to get the actual blueprint from somewhere and I'm assuming the blueprint also comes from the Arbiters? In which case it would, again I assume, be an additional 25 essence on top of the 75 for the keys.

Hmm,maybe better to go for 100 just in case....

Added another forma or two to all my weapons, which were already maxed, so they can all fit an exilus mod.

I have over 400 vitus and all items from the store, mind you ps4 has not received the altra update yet, so that number is passively getting a lot bigger.

I have rivens based on predictions i made about a few melee weapons`upcoming changes, such as a crit god roll cassowar riven along with a caustacyst one too.

All my prime frames have aura forma in them.

Yeah, i do preparations and still run out of things to do, we need this update badly, us ps4 players even more.

Nope.

Catchmoon nerf is just lower overall range and lower damage falloff. I don't even use it. But I did buy a damage, cd, multishot neg status duration riven for 150p. Glad people jumping ship. Have the same riven but neg projectile speed for tombfinger. I aim well enough to headshot enemies and proc pax seeker using tomb.

I've got favorite slots to spare. If new Ember is trash , she'll still be a favorite.

I get syndicate standing easy. Usually do syndicate missions and use Limbo to find medallions. 4 syndicates almost always maxed.  Plus I don't buy relic packs.

I don't melee. Those changes won't effect me. I prefer guns and abilities.

No prep needed

Resumed doing Syndicate missions finding medallions. Getting ready to purchase those Weapon Exilus Adapters from Syndicates in mass bulk. Anytime there's information regarding what you need and can you get before the release I will go ahead and stock up on those if I haven't already.

Edited by NekroArts

Only if i know ill need something i dont have enough of. Last time i did this back when archwings came out I merely assumed cryotic would be used given it had just come out and would be used a lot like they tend to do with new materials. 

Turns out i was wrong and stuck with way more than I ever needed so I never really bothered since. So in this case i grabbed some vitus and called it a day.

Edited by Annnoth

Oh, as a console player who gets all the detailed info way ahead of time (exact resources, where to farm what and what is the best gear for it, etc) I do prepare fully for when an update launches.

It eases my grind a lot, and allows me to enjoy the game more since I can apply the best tactics and avoid mistakes some players may have made on pc. And for that I do thank PC a lot, as that's the way I like to play.

Not really. Closest thing to preparation that I ever did was in the leadup to the War Within, where I put in the effort to level all of the items and frames that I'd neglected in the years prior.

My mastery rank jumped up quite a bit during that period.

I only tend to prepare for the new Prime Access. I make sure to max-out my Void Traces and 4 allies syndicates by doing syndicate missions and gathering as many Medallions a possible. 

Then I use all rep in relic packs, then refill rep with the Medallions for more relic packs. 

I have Vitus essence for grinding Grendel, but apart from that no.

I'd rather hit the update raw and have to discover what I need and get it while I play than go in all guns blazing, fly through it and then jump back on the "Content Drought" gravy train.