The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The HUGE Zenistar nerf

Zelmen

Yeah rest in piece the zenistar disc i guess. the disc wasn’t even good (damage wise) now the zenistar is like a normal melee weapon. If you misplace the disc or it bounces on a wall or something too bad, gotta rebuild the combo counter.

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Given the terms in the ToS you agree to when making the account, they are actually 100% justified in doing so.

80% of the fun you had in the game was having something kill things outside of you doing anything. 80% of your fun wasn't actually engaging with the game. 80% of your fun was detrimental to the overall game and was dealt with.

I disagree with the doing nothing part infact i say the playstyle with the zenistar was the opposite. The disc could let you crowd control an area while doing something else not nothing. Like being able to defend 2 interception points at the same time. Don’t even care about the damage infact I wouldn’t mind if the disc did 0 damage entirely since it already does chip damage. I don’t think old zenistar was that detrimental to the game especially compares to something like the catchmoon. It’s a utility weapon like the pox. 

I wish we had a ui change so we could see the combo counter without having to look away from the action to some tiny numbers on the edge of the screen. It's far more pronounced for those of us that are playing on ultrawides, despite the ui scale increase. The minimalist ui is a nice aesthetic,  to be sure, but not entirely functional.

THE REASON WHY IS IT BAD.

By this point i think everybody tested the new zenistar disc throw, and majority agrees that its realy bad now, despite the fact that Zenistar got buffed in terms of melee combos, it was completely nerfed in terms of utility. 

To start off, 10 seconds? its completely useless for everything, i know some people may think that "oh you can increase the time to 2 MINUTES now is INSANELY GOOD", guess what? WRONG. Just the fact that you have to increase the combo counter for making better use of the disc FORCES you to go on direct combat with the enemy, still, you don't see problems yet? let me clarify a little bit  more, the ideia of increasing the time the more combo you have is not bad, what is bad is the fact that to make some usefullness out of the disc you HAVE to go on and give it some swings, wich can be completely ABSURD when you're running some long endurance runs, it kills it because you can't even get close to the enemy (1hour plus) without the risk of getting completely obliterated if you're not using super tanky frames. don't get me wrong here guys, the changes are not bad, the only actual bad thing here is the default time that the disc stays on.

SUGGESTIONS:

So, to make it good again, its simple enough, just change the default time back to 45 seconds, like it was before, and leave the idea of increasing the time with combo counter untouched, so those who want to use the weapon just for utility can actualy use it, and with the time increase mechanic, people that use it for combos and more frontal combat can make use of it aswell, i think this simple change can benefit both types of players, the people who like the weapon for direct combat, and for those who like it for utility. <3

Zenistar is fine, the disc's time now scales with the combo counter so you just have to be a bit more active before you can fling it out to idle with, which is no surprise to have happened since DE have expressly never been fond of a set and forget playstyle, which was entirely what the Zenistar Disc was. 

The melee rework came with a lot of changes, just gotta give yourself time to adjust and learn about how things work now. If you like the Zenistar for more than just its afk'ing properties then you'll come to find it is still a dandy weapon, there's just a bit of a learning/activity curve to it now to overcome. 

4 hours ago, --C--Nehra said:

lol

DE can do whatever they want to, no rhyme or reason needed. It's not coming back. 

If DE can do whatever they want to, with no rhyme or reason needed..... then "It's not coming back", you just played yourself.... 

You just established that DE is capricious and by that nature it coming back is very much in the cards for "no rhyme or reason". I mean I can appreciate you getting your Schadenfreude off but if you're gonna do it at least try to maybe keep it consistent? 

3 hours ago, (PS4)mommamac1985 said:

It’s not just the rivens. I have several weapons without rivens and the range on my melee weapons is almost nothing now and some of my primaries are crap. I’m about done playing this game.

how can you have new good weapons if all the old ones are awesome.

a 2 min disc with a 220 combo counter.....that is far better than before, at least duration. My issue is if i hit the heavy attack after recharging and it will recalled the disc AND use of the counter....that and the zenistar itself is slow af without speed mods.

Edited by Kalvorax

2 hours ago, SlipkNinja said:

wich can be completely ABSURD when you're running some long endurance runs

2 hours ago, SlipkNinja said:

can't even get close to the enemy (1hour plus)

DE isn't designing the game for endurance runs. This is not a problem.

It still works. Just only useful in higher end content now. Easier to get higher combos in harder content. 

Can throw on corrupt charge to make it always be at a x2,  20 second disk if you like. But its harder to get anything past that. I threw on drifting contact and called it a day. The power of the weapon itself got a huge boost in power. It is actually kinda fun to hit things with now. It took awhile to get used to though. Just have to put in some effort for the disks now. It seems to shine in high level survivals and arbi's. For regular content it is pretty bad.   It was a trade off i guess. One no one asked for. Why rivens are such a low dispo for it no one will ever know. Blame the Ivara's and other builds i guess who exploited the snot out of it..  

One thing i noticed about it though is its buggy as heck. Sometimes you work on getting a super high x12 combo, throw the disk and it vanishes like 30 seconds later. No idea what is up with it. It seems to have a mind of its own now as far as the disk is concerned.

Edited by bananacat89