Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the Worm Queen even doing?! [TWW spoilers]

(PSN)LeBlingKing

So... let me get this straight.

We straight MERC'D the Elder Queen. Either through Teshin or through our space children. Don't care if you made her rot, let's say for all intents and purposes, you merc'd the old hag.

After doing so, the Worm Queen spends the last five mainline updates collecting red happy gas in which we THOUGHT was an attempt to revive her ugly-a$$ sister.

Then, three years later, you're running Cassini, slaughtering people for credits and minding your own business, and some unarmored Grineer clone, high on red cocaine, bum-rushes you, the space ninja/magician/robot/sumo/fairy/whathaveyou, and eats 10,000 bullets to the face. You exit your mission, and the guy who you thought you merc'd turns out to be an invincible super soldier named Bahl Sahk who has a thing against people who tear him limb from limb. 

So YOU'RE TELLING ME, PERSONALLY, TO MY FACE, that this woman has been collecting Riven Steroids for three years, not only to NOT revive her sister with it, but to make super soldiers?!

And the worst part is, she's making super soldiers out of NOBODIES! No offense, Bahl Sahk, but no one even knew you existed before you became a Larvling. You could've just been Grineer Lancer #36,432,468 of my hitlist, but NoOoOoO, you wanted to show incentive and get a promotion. Bollocks.

Let me put it in perspective for you. Captain Vor died. We killed him, canonically. Not just in game, in canon. Imagine an alternate Warframe universe, where instead of Captain Vor giving into the Void, he was converted into Kuva Lich Captain Vor. It would make even more sense considering that his signature pistol, the Seer, HAS A KUVA VARIANT! 

So, not only has the Worm Queen not done her part in pouring Kool-Aid on her rotting sister's corpse, but she's feeding it to the wrong people?! C'mon! The Elder Queen is punching the air, Corrupted Vor is praising the Void, Tyl Regor would make a badass Lich, Grendel is a 500-pound space ninja, and Tyl Regor would make a badass Lich.

• Like 3

I think you may have missed the part that the kuva lich technology is in it's testing stage and only appears to work on people treated with it before they die. The elder queen died before the technology was viable, the brades only appearing after the war within. Also it's not confirmed how the requiem relics come to be it could be as simple as regular relics corrupted by kuva meaning the queens are not responsible for what is inside them which I think is what you meant about the riven stock pile.

Probably It's just an experiment.

I mean she could bring back the Old Queen, but the she would be killed again probably and then she would have to bring her back.

The liches on the other hand cannot just die like she did. 

And probably that's the point. To bring back the Old Queen in a stronger body that can't be harmed by some Dax soldier or whatever.

The next time we meet her we will have to use the parazon on her probably.

22 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

The TLDR is basically why wasn't Tyl Regor made a kuva lich, and I agree with you. Mainly because I miss that sassy scientist.

Tyl should have been the heccin Wolf

That would have been a srs OMG moment and made total sense. Covering everything from...

• WhereTyl was all this time (saturn 6)
  • Why the Wolf was such a model prisoner (After being stripped of all his resources/titles and augments by the queens and blackholed on some rock..... he was broken) 
  • Why the Wolf had such an affinity for his "pack" (They where an extension of his love for his Tube Men)
  • How the Wolf, other than "Sentient magic" was so smart and broke into the Corpus Network so easily (He was Tyl heccin Regor) 

It was like literally the perfect place to bring back one of the best Warframe characters and in the end.... the wolf was just some rando nobody who got juiced up on Sentient koolaid. All it would have taken would have been one or two voice lines at the very end and the collective lore community would have needed new underwear. 

As it stands it could still happen but I think they missed that "Lightning in a bottle" opportunity and if it does roll that way in the future won't be nearly as impactful. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

Ok ok, this funny and all, but really there are reasons for why at least some of these didn't happen.

The Elder Queen is not only dead, she got her body basically worn out to a point of being uninhabitable. She was so desperate to bring us to her because she wanted a new vessel for herself. Now that she's basically floating somewhere in the Void casually chatting with Wally or something, the Worm Queen collects Kuva to (somehow) build her a new body with it. Or alternatively she has at least somewhat inhabitable body for her, just the Continuity to it from the state the Elder Queen is in at the time costs tremendous ammounts of Kuva. Worm's intents are pretty much indicated in one of her quotes during a Siphon mission where she says that it won't be long now.

With Vor it is even simpler. He's a d**k and even the Queens knew that. And that's why they basically banished him (which he tells us during Vor's Prize) for not obeying their orders. By the moment we find him at his asteroid base he is already alone with only his loyal soldiers left to protect him. And why would the Queens spend so much Kuva to revive a jerk who doesn't even obey them?

As for Tyl Regor, I'm not sure about him and his loyalty to the Queens. It might be that after he accidentally awakened Hunhow the Queens got rather pissed off by him, because the Sentient invasion was not particularly what they wanted especially considered their not so great progress in studying the Sentients on Earth.

For the regular liches part I believe that they actually seek not even for the soldiers of higher rank but for the most wounded ones. That is supported by the guardian's dialogue when confronting a larvling and that the liches themselves never stop talking about how they replaced all their limbs and organs. Maybe this Kuva transfornation thing is more easily conducted on a traumatised subject.

There are good reasons why they are made of nobodies, I actually covered this in one of my concepts as possible lore. But the kuva loch we see are created from nobodies, random low class and light armored grineer. If a lightly armored uneducated male grineer is capable of becoming an emperor capable of ruling over half the system, wouldn't you have some questions about that too? It's also worth noting making them a lich weakens their loyalty to the queens because well they actually help you fight the grineer if you convert them. They are free thinking, and that's a huge danger to the grineer queens. 

As for why they wouldn't try this on say tyl regor or any high ranking bosses, that's a huge risk. some of the quotes the grineer guardians say "Glory awaits you in her fortress,... or death." meaning there is some form of kuva rejection and plenty of lich die before they can even become a lich. If this is a thing, giving it to any critical figures like sargus ruk, or tyl regor, not only would it pose a huge power struggle within the grineer and present possibility of a new grineer leader, and I mean leader, you also run the chance of outright death from the rejection. Sure DE could plot armor them, but it'd be more believable if the queen were running experiments on low class and expendable grineer clones to perfect and safely create the tech for higher ranked soldiers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

You exit your mission, and the guy who you thought you merc'd turns out to be an invincible super soldier named Bahl Sahk who has a thing against people who tear him limb from limb.

Best laugh I've had on the forums for the last year.  Take a LoL, OP.

My friend's nemesis is named Gagg Kahkk, so I mean, it's not wrong.

Edited by PhoenixFury
  • Like 1

its simple. all new scientific ventures are tested on animals first, whether it be mice or maggots.  The standard grineer are worthless to her, so they make great test subjects. Once she can refine the process, she can use it on more valuable subjects such as herself.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Empyrean gameplay from Tennocon, a certain line said by a certain Grineer and the reaction from another Grineer.

"The Queens? But isn't one of them-" 

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

its simple. all new scientific ventures are tested on animals first, whether it be mice or maggots.  The standard grineer are worthless to her, so they make great test subjects. Once she can refine the process, she can use it on more valuable subjects such as herself.

Yeah, feels like everyone's either saying this or she wants a good Lich to rule alongside her 'cuz her sister was a bumhole and an old hag, which I guess makes sense

"You mean my sister who treated me like crap is dead, and I get to command armies at my leisure, but if I bring my sister back with Kuva things will go back to normal?"

"YES MY QUEEN"

*Shank* "Yeah, but then that happened, now the rest of you get me a Taco!"

Pretty sure that would be how it goes down, and, y'know maybe the Kuva Lich stuff isn't to revive her sister. It might be meant as a plan B for her if the Tenno decide its time to off her. They've already proven they are more then capable of doing so.

5 hours ago, PhoenixFury said:

Best laugh I've had on the forums for the last year.  Take a LoL, OP.

My friend's nemesis is named Gagg Kahkk, so I mean, it's not wrong.

I have yet to get a Kuva Lich, mainly because I want to get at least one of each Requiem mod before I do.

23 hours ago, Troposphere6 said:

I think you may have missed the part that the kuva lich technology is in it's testing stage and only appears to work on people treated with it before they die. The elder queen died before the technology was viable, the brades only appearing after the war within. Also it's not confirmed how the requiem relics come to be it could be as simple as regular relics corrupted by kuva meaning the queens are not responsible for what is inside them which I think is what you meant about the riven stock pile.

On one of the prime times showing off the update before it's release, Reb said that the requiem relics are a reaction of Void to what's going on inside the kuva fortress.

23 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

So... let me get this straight.

We straight MERC'D the Elder Queen. Either through Teshin or through our space children. Don't care if you made her rot, let's say for all intents and purposes, you merc'd the old hag.

After doing so, the Worm Queen spends the last five mainline updates collecting red happy gas in which we THOUGHT was an attempt to revive her ugly-a$$ sister.

Then, three years later, you're running Cassini, slaughtering people for credits and minding your own business, and some unarmored Grineer clone, high on red cocaine, bum-rushes you, the space ninja/magician/robot/sumo/fairy/whathaveyou, and eats 10,000 bullets to the face. You exit your mission, and the guy who you thought you merc'd turns out to be an invincible super soldier named Bahl Sahk who has a thing against people who tear him limb from limb. 

So YOU'RE TELLING ME, PERSONALLY, TO MY FACE, that this woman has been collecting Riven Steroids for three years, not only to NOT revive her sister with it, but to make super soldiers?!

And the worst part is, she's making super soldiers out of NOBODIES! No offense, Bahl Sahk, but no one even knew you existed before you became a Larvling. You could've just been Grineer Lancer #36,432,468 of my hitlist, but NoOoOoO, you wanted to show incentive and get a promotion. Bollocks.

Let me put it in perspective for you. Captain Vor died. We killed him, canonically. Not just in game, in canon. Imagine an alternate Warframe universe, where instead of Captain Vor giving into the Void, he was converted into Kuva Lich Captain Vor. It would make even more sense considering that his signature pistol, the Seer, HAS A KUVA VARIANT! 

So, not only has the Worm Queen not done her part in pouring Kool-Aid on her rotting sister's corpse, but she's feeding it to the wrong people?! C'mon! The Elder Queen is punching the air, Corrupted Vor is praising the Void, Tyl Regor would make a badass Lich, Grendel is a 500-pound space ninja, and Tyl Regor would make a badass Lich.

Thank you, thank you for putting into a epic rant what most of us are thinking.