Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack resources insane

Vyra

You replicate the blueprint to be taken to your personal craft just like any other dojo based blueprint. Then it becomes a personal quest.

They're customizable, upgradeable and can be used solo. It wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Think of the dry dock as a giant shared Arsenal/Research UI for your ship. It's the ship that's important, the dojo just happened to be large enough to facilitate parking it. 

It's likely the resources are suppose to be an Organic barrier for new players in the future. A 'Ok, if you can get this far you can probably handle all the elements of railjack'.

If the heavy lifting was done for them, then that would be lost.

4 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

You replicate the blueprint to be taken to your personal craft just like any other dojo based blueprint. Then it becomes a personal quest.

They're customizable, upgradeable and can be used solo. It wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Think of the dry dock as a giant shared Arsenal/Research UI for your ship. It's the ship that's important, the dojo just happened to be large enough to facilitate parking it. 

It could've been crafted anywhere. Put that thing; in the relays for all it matters. But don't hype up my CLAN cooperation and put it in my CLAN dojo if it's an ENTIRELY solo experience.

Edited by Lordmotav
  • Like 2

So if you have 500 people in a clan they should all share one railjack in your eyes?

They'd need a poll and a week just to decide on a color.

Or is it just the cost of the building that should be split? Moon clans would really have to fleece their active members to build that thing.

Just now, LocoWithGun said:

So if you have 500 people in a clan they should all share one railjack in your eyes?

They'd need a poll and a week just to decide on a color.

Or is it just the cost of the building that should be split? Moon clans would really have to fleece their active members to build that thing.

They could all just contribute to a singular rail jack if they wanted sure. Or they could make a few. Or they could all help each other make 500 rail jacks. But they could all do it TOGETHER. But you can't.

Imagine complaining about not being able to complete a quest right away to get a ship you wont be able to use for nearly a month. Each segment takes 12 hours to complete and cannot be rushed, the resources required are nothing crazy in numbers either.

3 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

right on i think there gonna be alot of people doing index runs for credits.

What it's for: credit production for newer players. 

3 hours ago, Colyeses said:

Keep in mind that players will likely also have a lot of duplicate mods and non-prime BPs that they can't trade. Both can be dissolved into credits.

Another prime source of credits for newer players. Endo has muddied these waters a bit, but if you need cash liquidate those duplicate mods. In my first few years, I routinely pulled down 1 to 3 mil by doing this every few weeks. 

Play the game, run some Index, sell those mods--you'll have what you need relatively quickly. Will it be done tomorrow or next weekend? No. However, it shouldn't take more than a few months and we might even have functional ships by then. You do have time; this is DE after all. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The only thing that’s worrying me is the 15 argon crystal.

Take Khora and a Smeeta with you to the void (and a double resource booster if you can afford it) and you'll have all 15 within 1-3 runs, depending on what you do.

Only took me half an hour and two runs. One of the low level exterminate (got 14) then the other was a quick low level capture for the last argon.

Edited by Numerikuu

Do people actively avoid doing things like Index, Profit Taker or quick Dark Sector runs when ever there is double credit weekend(or event)/when they get credit booster from login/Sorties?

I mean just for instance when we first had Thermia Fractures event you could get decent amount of credits from Profit Taker with minimal effort in random squads:

ni9w0Rb.jpg

Even without credit booster that would have been about 2 million credits in less than six minutes. So you could have gotten crazy sum of six million in less than 20 minutes of playing. Truly a massive grind.

48 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It's likely the resources are suppose to be an Organic barrier for new players in the future. A 'Ok, if you can get this far you can probably handle all the elements of railjack'.

If the heavy lifting was done for them, then that would be lost.

for everything sans open world mining stuff you can still get carried by other players. Also, since when is grinding resources a benchmark for knowing anything about the game?

Just now, Askorti said:

for everything sans open world mining stuff you can still get carried by other players. Also, since when is grinding resources a benchmark for knowing anything about the game?

Since both questions are related, they aren't a good benchmark, really, for that very reason. But it does at least force new players to spend a bunch of time in these areas, more than they might do rushing through the starchart and hitting TSD.

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Since both questions are related, they aren't a good benchmark, really, for that very reason. But it does at least force new players to spend a bunch of time in these areas, more than they might do rushing through the starchart and hitting TSD.

I more or less know what I'm doing, but getting the required materials from PoE took me like.. half an hour? Maybe a little more. Without a double drop booster, and with mining all gem nodes in the vincinity as well. So it really is not gating anything. It is merely a tedious slowdown really. If you put your mind to it, you'll get it in no time, it's just boring to do.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

With all the advertising and hype that's gonna be out and about online for when the Empyrean update comes out it's gonna disapoint the crap out of new players and returning players alike if they're time gated to all heck to try out the new stuff. And if they can just join missions with random player's railjacks then I don't see the point of not letting us help each other make them since DE made them so expensive! Like 6 million credits is quite a lot, even divided up into 1 million per part it's just absurd just to progress a quest.

4 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

The research to improve the railjack is also done on a clan basis. Like cepholon cy or at least thats what has been stated

Yeah but it was so cheap I also just paid for it myself. Easily. My clan mates didn't need to be involved at all.

il y a une heure, Lordmotav a dit :

It could've been crafted anywhere. Put that thing; in the relays for all it matters. But don't hype up my CLAN cooperation and put it in my CLAN dojo if it's an ENTIRELY solo experience.