Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

On 2019-12-13 at 2:30 PM, Awazx said:

After a year of drought of new content and after the questionable Lich system, Empyrean expected as a necessary breath of fresh air that Warframe desperately needed. How wrong I was.

What is Empyrean? It is Archwing 2.0. Nothing else. Did Archwing accept at the time? No, because this is Warframe. However, DE continues in its attempt to continue adding micro-games and game systems parallel to the main core (that Warframe-based core that made me fall in love with the game in 2014) and that does not contribute anything nor enrich the central experience of the game.

DE, you have spent 2 years of development at Empyrean. You could have spent that time creating a whole new solar system, with new planets, enemies and mysteries to discover. You could have improved and redesigned all the game systems that you have in the habit of leaving to action after its launch, from the syndicates to the focus system. You could have improved all the missions of the solar system and get it to play something other than defense and survival.

What do I have in place? The possibility of piloting a ship in an “open space” for 4 players, extinguishing fires and necessarily using my (forgotten) Archwing. Again, more grinding, more RNG, more new resources, more things disconnected from the true Warframe universe. For my part, I am not going to play Empyrean and I am not going to build my Railjack.

You are burning Warframe. You're burning faster than a Railjack burns under enemy fire.

That DE adding all side contents and mini games are fine but not at the costs of nerfing Warframe’s signature mechanics, powerful damaging system, and incredible movement fluidity. Warframe is becoming unwarframe; it’s like like having multiple failed transplants and gaming elements from other games. Sad state of the game. 

On 2019-12-13 at 2:49 PM, darkhades2012 said:

Well, instead burned Warframe I guess you are burned (out). Putting aside negative emotions, if you don't try Railjack you will never know if it's worth or not. That's what this game always was about. Testing content by playing through it and improving it.

What we received now is just a small portion, they allow us to develop new system, new toys so we can get harders stuff.

Besides, this space coop pirate simulator is actually quite fun and enjoyable. All of my friends like it so far. We are having a blast playing in an actual spaceship XD

Give it a try at least then you can post your constructive feedback here.

Grinding used to fun.,I spent 4K plus in game hours and it never got old and always fun. Now it’s needless and hard grind with slowed movements and no fun. There is a real difference there. 

On 2019-12-13 at 3:46 PM, MimouAuditore said:

wow you're one hundred per cent right, DE forgot about what made warframe warframe, and they're just adding different games on top of the game, not only fragmenting the experience, but neglecting the real game! the game that should've gotten most of the developping time, instead DE adds small updates to the main game, and make new games as big updates!

Exactly, DE is tearing the spirit and the feeling  of what made Warframe great apart, nerfing everything fun and powerful. The grind is now aweful after Update 26. The pinnacle of Warframe was between Plains of Eidolon, amazing Eidolon fights and Fortuna with damage 2.0 system that was extremely powerful and fluid. Now it’s just going down hill as endless nerfing and the continuous replacement of the best parts of Warframe. 

I dont see the problem with newer things, because playing against higher lvl enemys got released.
Operators are also a thing that nobody rly asked for.... (i would like some more skills to spec by now, like a flat 500 warframe HP/Shield bonus or more energy without the need to add flow...) but you can never tell what ppl like and what they dont like. I for example like the railjack coop play and it's not like it takes other stuff away from me.

Over all... we could've just used a portal to get to the tao system (they bring a gate,... we fight them back and take the gate to get to the tao system), but in the end i think that the railjack stuff is more creative.

I'm wonder what people will say once the Tao System gets released with the grind for the new aliens in the tao system that we saw in a dev stream. I wonder where railjacks will be able to take us and what loot we will find there

On 2019-12-13 at 4:53 PM, redindy said:

Railjack is certianly interesting, but it doesn't seem to give me anything outside of itselfs. That is to say nothing you do in railjack really has any affect in the rest of the game. The exception is the 2 new weapons, but all the other rewards are just buffs to your railjack. Maybe my tune will change once the final part comes out but as it stands now it's to isolated to be worth it.

My problem now is that it may be isolated now but how long until there is something you need to do that requires a lot of work in Railjack first. Basically what I'm saying is right now it has no affect on the main game but let's be completely honest with ourselves they will eventually add something that requires that you do a decent amount of work in this supposedly isolated system first (A quest, game mode, to be able to obtain an important item, etc.) and because it's currently an isolated system almost no one wants to do it but when it's finally required for something most people will complain that they now have a lot of backlog grind to do to actually do the thing they want to do. And honestly when that eventually happens the same people that are defending Railjack now will be the same people insulting you and defending DE at every turn (Even in cases of actual wrongdoing) because you should have already done it even though there was basically zero point or reason to play it in the first place until that point. 

I liked the game very much, enjoyed the game very much, until now. Why? Because you gave out good ideas at first, but destroyed them later on just to keep players playing and try the make them "forget" all about the bad sides... but in fact, it just makes them quit.

The idea of keeping people playing is the EXPERIENCE and the experience needs time, and the playing time makes it worthwhile.

First, it was the ephemeras (and many other things before this first thing mentioned here). They were said to be the symbol of experience, no trading, no buying, and players need to earn them through time and experience, and at the beginning they needed a lot of resources to craft. And now, they are nothing but cheap cosmetics, became tradeable because of the lich system is so bad that it needs some "incentivize" to keep people playing.

And now, the umbral forma has become the next in line to be ruined. It was a good thing when it came out, an exclusive reward of nightwave and it was precious because players had to do multitude of tasks in over 2 months to get 1 of it. But now, it is a random reward from railjack mission hiding behind the door named RNG, players can never get it or get it in just a few minutes. And the crafting requirement is TOO cheap that it makes all the 3 previous umbral formas from doing nightwave are just a JOKE. And all for the sake of: HEY, UMBRAL FORMA IS IN RAILJACK, LETS PLAY IT AND IGNORE ALL THE BAD SIDES OF IT. Im not against making other ways to achieve umbral forma, but this way, it;s so UNTHINKABLE. Why not making another kind of forma like EXILUS FORMA or UNIVERSAL FORMA that can be used for all mod polarities.

A good game is a good balance of THE ADDING POINT SYSTEM combined with RNG system, and never destroy the premise of the playing system as the game progresses. But warframe seems not to have this foundation.

Things that are worthwhile in game are becoming cheap overtime, and the time invested is wasted as the game changes. The things you felt you earned from playing gradually grows into trash, then what is the point of playing... I am uninstalling right now. Thanks for the good game, it has been my good friend for 2 years.

AMMBJlg.jpg

On 2019-12-15 at 7:50 AM, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

The view of not liking something is fine but expressing dislikes before experiencing it, understanding it or due to a failure in reading the information about it, is not fine. We shouldn't accept or blend in honest feedback with fake or assuming perceptions. 

That's a mighty fine strawman there. Let me one-up you by saying that anyone who joined in 2018 or later doesn't have a real opinion on the game.

14 minutes ago, Libpea said:

I liked the game very much, enjoyed the game very much, until now. Why? Because you gave out good ideas at first, but destroyed them later on just to keep players playing and try the make them "forget" all about the bad sides... but in fact, it just makes them quit.

The idea of keeping people playing is the EXPERIENCE and the experience needs time, and the playing time makes it worthwhile.

First, it was the ephemeras (and many other things before this first thing mentioned here). They were said to be the symbol of experience, no trading, no buying, and players need to earn them through time and experience, and at the beginning they needed a lot of resources to craft. And now, they are nothing but cheap cosmetics, became tradeable because of the lich system is so bad that it needs some "incentivize" to keep people playing.

And now, the umbral forma has become the next in line to be ruined. It was a good thing when it came out, an exclusive reward of nightwave and it was precious because players had to do multitude of tasks in over 2 months to get 1 of it. But now, it is a random reward from railjack mission hiding behind the door named RNG, players can never get it or get it in just a few minutes. And the crafting requirement is TOO cheap that it makes all the 3 previous umbral formas from doing nightwave are just a JOKE. And all for the sake of: HEY, UMBRAL FORMA IS IN RAILJACK, LETS PLAY IT AND IGNORE ALL THE BAD SIDES OF IT. Im not against making other ways to achieve umbral forma, but this way, it;s so UNTHINKABLE. Why not making another kind of forma like EXILUS FORMA or UNIVERSAL FORMA that can be used for all mod polarities.

A good game is a good balance of THE ADDING POINT SYSTEM combined with RNG system, and never destroy the premise of the playing system as the game progresses. But warframe seems not to have this foundation.

Things that are worthwhile in game are becoming cheap overtime, and the time invested is wasted as the game changes. The things you felt you earned from playing gradually grows into trash, then what is the point of playing... I am uninstalling right now. Thanks for the good game, it has been my good friend for 2 years.

AMMBJlg.jpg

Is making the umbral forma more accessible to players a bad thing? Does this hurt anything other than your inflated ego? This game has been my good friend for many years and will continue to be, despite some annoyances.

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

I did all the nightwaves and this still makes me happy since I no longer have to do nightwave so its a win-win situation for me

They are likely incredibly rare, but still... Nightwave is absolutely atrocious and I'm glad that I actually have a shot at getting Umbra Forma since I gave up on the idea of ever getting one.

• Like 4

OK, look, reality check: Addressing people who are not here doesn't become more prominent by putting some words in all caps.  DE isn't here, listening to GD, and this isn't going to change that.  If anything, it makes you more likely to be ignored, simply because the conventional wisdom is that giving someone who's throwing a temper tantrum attention is a terrible idea.  And between the caps and the "I quit", that's exactly how you are coming across.

But, go, uninstall, do something else do a bit, then come back later.  Or don't - no skin off my back, and I'd wager the average Tenno didn't even know you existed before your thread, and will go right back to it when you're gone.

7 minutes ago, dirtysmile said:

Is making the umbral forma more accessible to players a bad thing? Does this hurt anything other than your inflated ego? This game has been my good friend for many years and will continue to be, despite some annoyances.

honestly, I agree with both of you. I guess you kind of missed what he was saying, he did not hate that Umbra forma was more accessible, he was complaining how easily accessible it is. 

27 minutes ago, Libpea said:

-snip-

While I personally am happy that the umbra forma is accessible myself, being busy with collage, other games, and other hobbies I just do not have the time to do Nightwave without railroading myself towards content I do not want to play at the current moment. 

I was kind of hoping what they did was basically what they did already, but wait for the tau system and instead of just a simple cipher, it would be an orokin cipher where you would have to watch around the map for the pictures like in the sacrifice and put them together to get your umbra forma. Making it so we would have to pay more attention than just bullet jumping.

My Valkyr need 5 umbra forma, and I've got ~30 other warframes in line behind her waiting for theirs, I'd like them to get them before I die of old age so 1 every 2 months was never an acceptable rate. Rail jack missions are hard enough late game content that it doesn't make the umbra formas feel cheap like if they had put them in the marketplace but makes them accessible to forma junkies like me that need to make all their frames umbra frames.

4 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

I play this game for 4 years now. And i don't even care about umbra or umbra forma. 

I just miss the old story telling 

What old story telling, you mean the trailers that weren't in the game?

Back then people constantly complained that there was no story at all because unless you happened to be online during the event which was usually just a single weekend you missed the whole thing and could never play it or get the rewards. Now we have quests that at least establish a setting even if they do take forever to come out...

Edited by Selpar
Fixed typo
  • Like 3

I don't have a violin small enough for this thread.

I mean of all things to complain about, the ready access of Umbra Forma....really?

Nothing about the gameplay, or the crafting economy or how the Lich system got shoved out and then ditched for Empyrean?

But no. The one thing killing the game is Umbra forma...because...bragging rights for clearing Nightwave was just that important?

I just can't even fathom the amount of egotistical self-importance that would be needed to be THAT invested in something that most people could not care less about.

• Like 3