Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

1 hour ago, Libpea said:

AMMBJlg.jpg

Wait you have to build this Umbra Forma? lol I thought it was a finished forma!? lol Well I guess I need to go do some Kuva missions....

Thanks to me, a few after the first Umbra Forma came out and DE allowed Umbra Forma on Primary and Secondary weapons, I accidentally placed my first on the Prisma Gorgon. It's still on it to day. I don't touch it or use it because I'm hoping one day they will allow to reverse this since I contacted DE support about it right away. A few months later they changed the layout, so no one can ever make my mistake and put Umbra Forma's on Primary and Secondary until possibly one day Umbral mods come out for them.

Edited by kwlingo

2 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Wait you have to build this Umbra Forma? lol I thought it was a finished forma!? lol Well I guess I need to go do some Kuva missions....

I mean, You could just get a rank or two in Nightwave, get some credits then buy more Kuva then you'll ever need for crafting purposes.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Demiigod66 said:

I keep seeing posts about Kuva Liches being the worst thing ever tho i see no issue with them.. could someone mind filling me in on what makes them the near most hated thing in game? lol

Varies from person to person.

Some hate the multi-layer RNG of needing to get Requiems, then get the weapon you want, then get a decent stat Roll on it, as well as playing Russian Roulette with the Requiem mods and/or slogging the Murmer grind, and god forbid you are looking for Ephemera.

Others dislike it for narrative reasons, an enemy that never dies despite voice lines saying that they are supposedly dying over and over, when in reality the only one dying is the player, clashes in terms of aesthetics to the point of being obnoxious.

There is also the reason that they are disconnected from everything else in the game, you need to do Lich specific nodes to even gain progress which means that multi-tasking is usually out of the question.

Or it could be somebody like me who just hates that stupid automatic death if you have the wrong requiems because killing a player in a cutscene is a cheap pointless death that has nothing to do with skill or ability of the player, just a roll of the dice with the mods.

There are many different reasons why people don't like it, but this is a general overview of the common complaints.

Huh? Nightwave Umbra was just a matter of being here. I got 2 of them cause I was here for that part of NW and I had the time to do the tasks. None of it was difficult or something to be looked upon as an achievement. I'm glad they're making more of it available. The concept is interesting and I don't see that many Excalibur Umbras out there using it...

3 minutes ago, Midas said:

Nightwave... or veil mission for Umbra Forma...

hmmm.

30 days? Or one lucky mission?

That one lucky mission could also take 30 days of running missions.

Which would be basically no difference when you think about it.

10 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

I mean, You could just get a rank or two in Nightwave, get some credits then buy more Kuva then you'll ever need for crafting purposes.

Not sure why they had to build theirs? I'm on right now to see if I needed to craft mine in foundry and didn't see any in foundry. So I thought maybe I didn't get it, bugged out on me. Then I checked in my Upgrade/Polarization and saw it was already in my inventory. Wonder why some have to craft them?

1 minute ago, kwlingo said:

Not sure why they had to build theirs? I'm on right now to see if I needed to craft mine in foundry and didn't see any in foundry. So I thought maybe I didn't get it, bugged out on me. Then I checked in my Upgrade/Polarization and saw it was already in my inventory. Wonder why some have to craft them?

Who knows? Most people seem to have to craft theirs. Maybe a complete Umbral Forma is a rare drop?

On 2019-12-15 at 4:43 AM, Krankbert said:

Oh, I'm sorry, did you intend to talk only about a small number of specific people when you made sweeping generalizations about "people" in general?

And of course I just didn't understand your post just like people who didn't like Empyrean just didn't understand it.

Sweeping generalizations about "people" in general? Gotcha.

One more time. If people chose not to read the details of the update or didn't play the update yet, then you are "the people" who shouldn't have an experience based opinion. 

The fact that you managed to apply a sweeping generalization to targeted groups of people (the people who chose not to...) is baffling. But, continue.

Lastly, did you understand Empyrean but didn't like it? Great, you didn't like it and you are not included. Now, were there posters who did not understand what Empyrean was but automatically expressed their dislike and feedback? Yes, and that's not ok to do. 

1 hour ago, dirtysmile said:

Is making the umbral forma more accessible to players a bad thing? Does this hurt anything other than your inflated ego? This game has been my good friend for many years and will continue to be, despite some annoyances.

Yes because we now at the point again where we nothing that feels like a reward because everyone has it. When everyone has it it just feels cheap and loses its reward factor. It's not even better for the game because umbral forma was something where you really had to think on what frame you put it on. Now? It's not a reward for doing tasks over 2 months. It's a price that you get maybe from farming missions over and over again. It's not a reward anymore.

Ephemera are bad designed in terms of how you get them but they feel like a reward when you finally have them (exclude the Lich ones). I still don't have ephemera what can be found in Arbitration and so on. I have a lot of "common" or "cheap" ones with events but nothing that is worthy a reward.

That's the thing. When everyone can get it it loses its value. And this continues...

5 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

You get a complete one from nightwave, BP from RJ veil missions, if you are lucky enough, from what I gather.

53 minutes ago, Selpar said:

My Valkyr need 5 umbra forma, and I've got ~30 other warframes in line behind her waiting for theirs, I'd like them to get them before I die of old age so 1 every 2 months was never an acceptable rate. Rail jack missions are hard enough late game content that it doesn't make the umbra formas feel cheap like if they had put them in the marketplace but makes them accessible to forma junkies like me that need to make all their frames umbra frames.

And this is how Umbral forma lost its "special" factor. To have a frame with Umbral forma is something cool and it feels like a reward. With the current change it loses its value. "Excapeble rate"... it's a reward and not a stupid arcane! It was...

9 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Now? It's not a reward for doing tasks over 2 months. It's a price that you get maybe from farming missions over and over again. It's not a reward anymore.

And doing NW tasks is not farming missions over and over again? That's the whole damn game......

1 minute ago, DerGreif2 said:

And this is how Umbral forma lost its "special" factor. To have a frame with Umbral forma is something cool and it feels like a reward. With the current change it loses its value. "Excapeble rate"... it's a reward and not a stupid arcane! It was...

Except by your standard because my Warframe has an exalted weapon I don't get to feel rewarded for getting my Umbral forma even after 10 months of grinding, because I need to get at least 5 Umbral forma for a single Warframe, at the rate DE was releasing Umbral forma I'd maybe get to finish one Warframe per year in a game with over 40 Warframes not counting primes that usually has 3-4 new Warframes per year.

That is clearly not an acceptable rate, and it doesn't make the Umbral formas special it makes them a thorn in my side, I am grateful DE finally got around to putting them somewhere so I can go out and actually earn the Umbral variant frames I've been working on since Nightwave dropped in February.

1 hour ago, Phatose said:

DE isn't here, listening to GD, and this isn't going to change that.  If anything, it makes you more likely to be ignored, simply because the conventional wisdom is that giving someone who's throwing a temper tantrum attention is a terrible idea.  And between the caps and the "I quit", that's exactly how you are coming across.

Hate to dog-pile, but this guy's got a point.
Every day of the week, someone is on here trying to take DE hostage with their feelings.

If we don't like what they're doing, they'll know through their metrics.
We're plenty welcome to give our thoughts and advice within reason.
They may have every reason (that we can't know) why they did what they did.

I'm sorry that you're feeling bucked by some new mechanics that rub you the wrong way.

Going forward, we welcome your suggesting the benefits of other well laid plans.
They might be able to work with that, and so too, may we.
Best of luck here.

For all we know in a few months the Umbra idea will really take off into other frames,
and this could be a lore tease. ...Maybe it's a way to deal with people feeling builds
were too samey, or that they ran out of ways to improve the top end of their frames..
Maybe it's like @LoopStricken said, and players just straight up refused to use them,
without a reliable source of new ones.

We appreciate feedback from other players, even ones who disagree with how things go..
but tempering our expectations in many cases is the only way to get our point across clearly.

Edited by kapn655321

Good grief, the entitlement of some of these players is simply amazing.  It's a video game people. Not real life. No one cares if you get anything in warframe. It's not prestigious in any way to have rare or hard to get crap in a video game. 

You're not special. Just another entitled spoiled rotten crybaby, who uses weak threats to get their way......

1 hour ago, Phatose said:

OK, look, reality check: Addressing people who are not here doesn't become more prominent by putting some words in all caps.  DE isn't here, listening to GD, and this isn't going to change that.  If anything, it makes you more likely to be ignored, simply because the conventional wisdom is that giving someone who's throwing a temper tantrum attention is a terrible idea.  And between the caps and the "I quit", that's exactly how you are coming across.

But, go, uninstall, do something else do a bit, then come back later.  Or don't - no skin off my back, and I'd wager the average Tenno didn't even know you existed before your thread, and will go right back to it when you're gone.

Sounds like he personally offended you with his tone lol

18 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I wanted them to add the umbra forma, but definitely not to railjack.. this clearly shows how uninteresting railjack is that they have to add tons of goodies behind it so people play it.

Railjack is actually pretty fun once you know what you are doing, which sadly involves a lot of failing at first because the game doesn't really teach you the mode very well at all, and the Wiki hasn't caught up yet because there is a lot of new stuff to figure out...

If you own a railjack that is, probably less rewarding without getting to see how your improving your ship over time.

1 hour ago, LoopStricken said:

Umbral Forma having a drop location means I might actually use the ones I earn from Nightwave.

exactly i haven't even touched mine because I don't want to from fear that my other frames will miss out. Now with it being added to more locations I might actually want to use it. (depending on drop chance that is) Either way. Don't get the fuss.There still is reasoning to do nightwave, cosmetics, weapon slots, weapons, decorations, it's not like the vets need to participate in EVERYthing.