Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

23 minutes ago, TheGildedOni said:

Yeah, but often, captains don't ever want to refine because they want to endlessly hop from mission to mission, and then forget to refine when they finally go back to their dojo.

Yeah, why the game doesn't auto-refine when you go to the dojo, I have no idea. Seems like a major oversight to me. Quite frankly I'd just make the game auto-refine resources once you're capped out as well. Like, why do we need to go out of our way to confirm that yes, we want this loot. Seems pointless to me.

On 2019-12-13 at 5:30 PM, Awazx said:

After a year of drought of new content and after the questionable Lich system, Empyrean expected as a necessary breath of fresh air that Warframe desperately needed. How wrong I was.

What is Empyrean? It is Archwing 2.0. Nothing else. Did Archwing accept at the time? No, because this is Warframe. However, DE continues in its attempt to continue adding micro-games and game systems parallel to the main core (that Warframe-based core that made me fall in love with the game in 2014) and that does not contribute anything nor enrich the central experience of the game.

DE, you have spent 2 years of development at Empyrean. You could have spent that time creating a whole new solar system, with new planets, enemies and mysteries to discover. You could have improved and redesigned all the game systems that you have in the habit of leaving to action after its launch, from the syndicates to the focus system. You could have improved all the missions of the solar system and get it to play something other than defense and survival.

What do I have in place? The possibility of piloting a ship in an “open space” for 4 players, extinguishing fires and necessarily using my (forgotten) Archwing. Again, more grinding, more RNG, more new resources, more things disconnected from the true Warframe universe. For my part, I am not going to play Empyrean and I am not going to build my Railjack.

You are burning Warframe. You're burning faster than a Railjack burns under enemy fire.

There's a time where we can mistake DE's ambition, for failure, when we cannot see the big picture. As much from what we can see, I agree with you. But being in front the screen is all we are. We have no idea where Empyrean MAY potentially take this game. The current mode of Railjack to me does seem to taste as much the same as Archwing, and look where Archwing has gone thus far. As much as a lot of us did not enjoy and still don't enjoy Archwing, we had to complete those archwing-specific missions to progress further in the game, and thus with Railjack, if we don't complete or build ours we cannot, potentially and in the most likely case, proceed further in the game. I agree with you OP on how Warframe brought me to this game, because of the warframes themselves. If I had joined during the time when Archwing was introduced I still would have only been mainly drawn to the warframe on-foot aspect. I joined in '14 coming from Destiny 1 and haven't looked back. Even IF this update ONCE FULLY RELEASED on PC and consoles is a complete failure with most or even some of the player base I am just glad DE cares enough to give us something, even if it wasn't something we were asking for. I understand for a lot of us like myself who would have preferred to have something different or that DE spent their time making an update that would take the game somewhere new, perhaps in location, as you mentioned. Where we would use these new railjacks as ONLY a vehicle for means of travel to far distant locations where we would explore new planets, fight new enemies and complete new quests and game modes with our HUGE selection of Warframes and weapons. But until the updates, changes, fixes etc are in place, I just don't know where this may take us. I want the best for Warframe, because I have enjoyed it for so long, and yes that means at times we have to just accept certain changes we don't like even when we have had a long string of changes and updates we don't all agree with. We can be thankful this game is still in Beta because they can always make the changes they want, that can turn the tide or face of the game. 

57 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

We know there's FTL in the form of the rails- and presumably in ships like the railjack, which can apparently go FTL by itself(? I'm admittedly hazy on exactly what the Railjack is, let alone why it's so important, given the grineer crewships, other than their wonky layout, appear to be superior combatants by any measure) 

IIRC, that's part of why the sentients were sent to their system- to prepare it for Orokin colonization and probably build a rail node there. The sentients (Just like... just about every single OTHER Orokin construct with self-awareness) rebelled. 

Honestly, I find it's really best to not think too hard about warframe's setting and lore- a lot of it doesn't really hold up to modest scrutiny. 

Honestly, the lore is mostly unclear on this, but obviously the game allows us instant travel. That is for convince not meant to be taken for scale.

As for Tau colonization. It is not clear what Tau is. Lotus calls it Bleak Star. I would guess it is a brown dwarf around a light year or so from the sun. Balas calls it a distant world. We also dunno the time span of the colonization and the old war. We know it ended ~1,000 years ago. And the sentienals did not attempt another attack (until the new war, which is coming), which is a clear indication that distance is a big factor. Also, Balas tells Umbra he had lifetimes to plan his defection. Presumably this all happened after Margulas died. All indication that the old war (and the Tau colonization before it), took a very long time. Hundreds of years, if not +1,000 years.

I agree with you, thinking about WF lore (in a scientific means anyway) does not hold to scrutiny. DE though is going mostly for stellar universe and not an inter-stellar one. Kinda indicates technologically we are mostly bound to the solar system.

Edited by (PS4)thegarada

So i've been watching the forums these last few days since railjack got release and my god are people angry about it. I fully understand that the enemies vs archwing scaling makes no sense and you get blown up by using any other archwing then amesh, i also get that the wreckage gear has stupid rng and costs a lot of loot to actually use, and i also get that there are a lot of bugs in the game atm and its very easy to lose missions because of this. But there is something we as a community need to understand before flaming DE for giving us something broken (even though we kind of forced them to push it out).

Railjack and the lich system is that de will probably spend most of next year building on, who said that this was railjack? that this was all that it will be because it definitely wont be,
at tennocon they showed railjack and the lich system in one, i think in devstream 134 they said they will still make all the things from tennocon happen so why all the hate when this is just the biginning of a whole new way to play the game, its not like they wont change those wreckage values down a bit and fix the bugs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

As for Tau colonization. It is not clear what Tau is. Lotus calls it Bleak Star. I would guess it is a brown dwarf around a light year or so from the sun. Balas calls it a distant world.

More than likely I'd say it is Tau Ceti, a smaller, less bright, cooler star than the sun. Tau Ceti has been seen to be a very stable star and there is evidence of at least five planets, tow of which are in the habital zone of the star (though apparently this is not a factor for the orokin. At 12 light years away it is the closest G-class star to our solar system (the Sun is alsoa  G star) also makes it a prime colonization spot.

21 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I wasn't even announced that there will be NPC crews at all in the future... so you might wait forever.

The command tree was announced before railjack release (last devstream) an will release at a later date (probably 1-2 months from now)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Where is the holy book telling us after how many hours/days/month we can give an opinion as a customer ? 

Give opinions...yes 

But state self made facts...no

When old blood came out everyone said how melee is weak and worthless, now everybody is enjoying their OP weapon that was trash before the update, just because they waited a few weeks

He says warframe is declining, where's the proof?...in fact he can keep saying this just to feed his anger..and nothing will happen...a few weeks will pass, bugs will get fixed...new options and mechanics will get added then move on to the next update new war which you'll probably see the same guy commenting the same thing

I'm telling you just wait for his "new war and the decline of warframe" post

It just keeps happening on this forum...no constructive feedback...just annoying kids being annoying 

DE forgets old content...like they forgot Poe...and Fortuna...but that doesn't mean they didn't fix a lot of the problems they had , for anyone starting out with POE or fortuna they're probably having a blast 

• Like 1

.....This is only the beginning.

This game mode opens up a universe of potential.  Watch the Star Trek shows if you don't believe me.  Sure it needs tweaks.  Sure it needs more content down the road.  But no intelligent person ever yelled at a young sapling tree for not creating apples right away.  It'll take time, but if nurtured, it will become something grand and make many yummy apples for heavy hitters like yourselves in need of a little snack.

Edited by Mikhael222
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Or4ngeClaw said:

do you really think de would spend 2+ years developing a system only to release it have everybody hate it and never touch it again?

To be honest... yes? Fixing sure but really changing anything? Look at PoE... or Fortuna...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Or4ngeClaw said:

do you really think de would spend 2+ years developing a system only to release it have everybody hate it and never touch it again?

yes

conclave

lunaro

archwing/sharkwing

22 minutes ago, Or4ngeClaw said:

But there is something we as a community need to understand before flaming DE for giving us something broken (even though we kind of forced them to push it out).

also, what?

Edited by FoxyKabam
holy S#&$ that thread merge
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Awazx said:

The reason is written in my publication, but I will gladly answer you again:

Because those "big updates" (from Archwing) are not Warframe. They are "microgames" or "in-game-games" that do not enrich or expand or improve the core of Waframe. They are isolated systems.

And what is Waframe? A 3D Shooter, probably the best 3D Shooter ever made.

don't you see they been trying to integrate everything since the beginning but always ending up short on delivery? archwing is warframe, Uranus is warframe, sorties are warframe, even conclave is warframe, sure they have bad implementation but that doesn't mean they are not trying to link everything together, the link system aims to fix that, lets just wait and see how they deliver, IMO they are finally starting to give the first steps for integrating all of the "mini-games" as you call them, in a world that tells you "hey you may be in this isolated game mode, but not anymore since what you do in your mission can affect the mission of other players"