Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea's 4th is not Tracer's recall.

Lancars

It's the Mage's Rewind Time from World of Warcraft. The ability was removed but its the SAME thing.

Hit Rewind. Use cooldowns and do your rotation then when the rewind timer runs out SNAP back to the point you where with all your CD's reset.

Tracer's Recall doesn't keep buffs and doesn't reset cooldowns it just snaps you back to a spot that isn't of your choosing.

• Like 1

It's the Gregzilla Knuckles thing again. You might know it better as Ugandan Knuckles, even though Gregzilla's video predates it by a good seven months. But Gregzilla's vid never hit the mainstream while Stahlsby's vid did, so it's called Ugandan Knuckles by virtue of popular vote

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

Honestly I think her 4 is a waste.

From what I read she's supposed to basically be FemVauban with cannons.

I don't see how time warping fits in.

Yea but we have to see how things play out in the end. It' will probably get changed down the line.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lancars said:

It's the Mage's Rewind Time from World of Warcraft. The ability was removed but its the SAME thing.

Hit Rewind. Use cooldowns and do your rotation then when the rewind timer runs out SNAP back to the point you where with all your CD's reset.

Tracer's Recall doesn't keep buffs and doesn't reset cooldowns it just snaps you back to a spot that isn't of your choosing.

Except Warframe doesn't have cooldowns so the benefit seems extremely limited. This is especially problematic as players move around a lot and going back several seconds to a previous location would be akin to running the wrong way. And since energy costs are easily managed using it before activating a bunch of skills seems negligible.

Maybe if it was a toggle that rewound time several seconds backwards when you activate its could work as a safety net, but even that seems like nothing special. Given what little we know and how DE has reworked Vauban, I'm not excited for Protea at this point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

I'm curious what happens if you die while the ability is up. Will you just die, ability canceled, or will you rewind back to life once the duration expires?

I hope it's the latter.

it could just activate if you there to be killed and dropped off at the start point but if it was that players would just press 4 constantly and ignore whatever penalty you could slap her with unless it was on some form a cool down remember one of her abilities gives improved hp and energy orbs tossing zenurik you pretty much cannot die as long as you keep your area of activity of a decent size so you dont back track too far.

What im thinking it does it just turns off and your downed or your downed and dragged back to where your start point was but we shall see when time comes for her release 

It's the same thing as that guy in Chronicles of Riddik. The Underworld guy who could travel from one place to another on the Shadow Stream.

I am wondering if she will have the same weakness as him. Use power 4 to do whatever, a Grinny or Corp tosses a grenade where you return to....you flashback to the grenade and BOOM!!!

If so, I wonder how many players are gonna use this with only the Infested.

Edited by (PS4)Dishinshoryuken
serious....that is a name
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Honestly I think her 4 is a waste.

From what I read she's supposed to basically be FemVauban with cannons.

I don't see how time warping fits in.

I can see the use of it on maps where you stay in one area. But on mobile maps, ick no please!

Obviously there was a very low duration but it took the same time to revert to the beginning state as it did to perform all the actions clearly.

Activate 4th : ability lasts 5/6 seconds, do your things , ability ended and the rewind took the same time to get back in "time"

I can only imagine the joy of a 30 seconds duration ability followed by 30 secs of watching a cutscene while everybody else keeps going on doing the mission/killing.

I thought the times of watching endless cutscenes were over since ASH rework unless u deliberately wanted to join in with your clones.

Either the rewind is instant or it's gonna be a big piece of sh_it ability lmfao

It is unclear also the connection between the ability and death : is the frame going back to alive state if killed during the duration of the ability or is it gonna just cancel it and call it a day ?

14 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Except Warframe doesn't have cooldowns so the benefit seems extremely limited. This is especially problematic as players move around a lot and going back several seconds to a previous location would be akin to running the wrong way. And since energy costs are easily managed, using it before activating a bunch of skills seems negligible.

Maybe if it was a toggle that rewound time several seconds backwards when you activate its could work as a safety net, but even that seems like nothing special. Given what little we know and how DE has reworked Vauban, I'm not excited for Protea at this point.

4 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Warframes have energy in place of cooldown, and DE told that her energy will revert to the amount you had before activating her 4.

So I specifically addressed this in the reply you quoted (see above); readers are leaders.

Also, with Zenurik, 75% energy efficiency, Promed Flow, etc. managing energy costs is rarely a problem. Maybe if you are new to the game her 4th ability might be useful, but considering a frame's 4th ability typically costs 100 energy, more than any other ability, you would have to cast quite a few skills to offset the initial cast. To be forced to do this every time seems incredibly tedious when you can address energy costs using a variety of other methods.