Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #139: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

Nekros

allow his adds to follow him or allow recalling his minions to cost less energy based on how many are missing from previous summon.  For example, if I have 7 minions out and want to relocate them to my new location assuming none died then it cost 0 energy.  For every dead minion I have to respawn during relocation it cost % of energy based on max cost instead of the full cost of energy.

allow most mods to have a chance to spawn throughout their respective planets instead of from a specific mission or boss only. This will allow players that want a specific mod to play other missions on planets without being forced to play the same node over and over for a specific mod.

Any plans to lower latency influence on this worldwide game? So many bugs, inconsistencies and uncomfortableness is derived from latency/lag. Its a PvE game. Conclave needs its own client.

The layers of RNG throughout the game. there is so much. RNG feels like the real enemy, not the grineer, corpus etc. Relic farming, (Requiem [Relic Farming]), (Traces farming [Relic Farming]). Using limited resources on limited resources to try for one RNG roll. Please adress? Its more fun to do a "normal mission" for fun than it is relic grinding over and over on the same missions that start to feel like the same thing. Exterminate, Defense, Mobile Defense Capture, Survival etc all blend together...

Evergreen rewards feel scarce. Far in between.

There is so many content Islands,

An alternative to Eidolons for those Arcanes please? After dozens of runs its feels systematic and repetitive. Maybe a token system?

Perhaps have traces be more readily available, by dropping from enemies outside of fissure missions as well.

Rework to mandatory mods, augments that should be innate, damage discrepancies between enemies and players,

Lack of interactive gameplay offered by enemies, many attacks don't have warnings or variation of counter-play. It often comes in the form of damaging attacks that don't give proper visual clues, like in some PT Raknoid attacks. PTRaknoid is however, around the pinnacle of Warframe's bosses. Liches that suddenly grab us without even facing us. Animations that could heavily benefit from action reading like exemplified on this video: Genndy Tartakovsky | Reading the Action. Even for the parazon, it gets close, its feels too fast all the time while doing mercy kills. Readability.

Anything about the Mag 2 rework that was to come?

We really could benefit from faster projectiles across the board. Warframe and Railjack weapons included, it would be great if they also could earn some of our momentum, out running projectiles is possible currently. 😕 On that note, if the projectiles are fast enough, then maybe even hitscan weapons could switch to it. That gives more gameplay options and interactions, but only they are fast enough.

Archwing animations are jancky while boosting, some changes there could be great. don't have to use the same boosting animation for any direction, the other normal animations could feel alright.

Thanks for the focus on the core of the game. It really could benefit from polish and tie-ins!

Do Corpus Liches mean that Grineer Liches are more or less complete? I'm a little surprised that Corpus Liches are already on the menu when it seems like Grineer Liches still have some pretty important, pretty half-baked aspects to them:

• The Liche's voicelines, abilities and shoulder-mounted Warframe helmet still reference the old concept where Liches are created when a Grineer unit kills the player and absorbs their power. Even the Kuva Guardian voiceover makes it seem like the Queens are promoting a grunt, when really the player chooses who gets the promotion. It seems like this stuff should get cut? Or maybe replaced if you got the resources for it?

• There's only a bare minimum of Lich personalities available (one per gender, rarely a few more voicelines via Quirks that may or may not actually play), which seems like too little considering how many Liches the player is expected to chew through before getting most of the Lich system loot rewards (as well as compared to the often-referenced Nemesis system)

• The Murmor system is often only talked about in regards to how much of a chore it is. The gameplay modifier and loot doesn't seem significant enough to warrant its own game mode, which is why a common player suggestion is finding ways of integrating Murmor progress into regular missions, like Thralls spawning in lower level missions and Liches in very high level missions. There's also the not-as-relevant flavor weirdness of our "Nemesis" being someone who can only bother us if we opt-in, which kinda seems like a flip of the script.

• From what I've gathered, Parazon'ing your Lich still doesn't give players the feedback that they've killed the Lich and it managed to revive. It just seems like we stab our dude and they escape via teleport. They never hit the ground lifelessly for example. As far as flavor goes this seems pretty important considering the system has "Lich" right there in the title and multiple characters refer to it as such.

Maybe I just talk to the wrong players, but all these four points have seemed like pretty major flaws since launch (tho obviously we're all happy the loot aspect has since improved). So it seems weird to read about the system already getting an expansion.

P.S.

I'd love to know if the pet rework will come with separately moddable "claws"/a weapon slot!

I am going to copy/paste what I posted on the last stream's thread (given that this one is more appropriate for it). No, I am not going to post this over and over again but I do feel it is important enough to get posted once more:

Exalted Weapons (specifically the melee weapons) need a buff. They don't feel special compared to regular melee (in many ways they are inferior) and they certainly don't feel worth draining your energy to use them. What I would suggest:

1. A general stat increase - given the nature of these weapons (these are their frames' ultimate abilities) they should be the top of their classes and they aren't at present. I would also suggest buffing their Augments. 

2. For parity with other melee weapons - remove mod restrictions (e.g. Acolyte mods) and have Exalted Weapon stances increase Mod Capacity. 

3. Make it easier to use - have them share a combo counter with regular melee so you can go in and out of using your Exalted Weapon without losing your combo.

4. To make them special - give them special/exceptional stats or secondary abilities. Special/exceptional stats would mean one or two stats on each weapon that totally outclass other weapons without going too crazy. An example of this would be doubling, or more, the range of Wukong's Iron Staff (which makes sense given the real world lore of the weapon). Secondary abilities would mean giving them all something akin to the invulnerability in Valkyr's Hysteria. They don't have to be invulnerability, just something extra that makes using the Exalted Weapons more useful and viable. 

Thank you

1. Will you be reworking old bosses. Or in the case of Jordas finish working on them.

2. Will these reworks include fixing legacy issues such as the ones in poe. For example; enemy spawns in liberation missions and pets killing enemies when the bonus objective is to not.

1 hour ago, mikakor said:

@[DE]Rebecca

1 : well, about god damn time. now this can go two ways.

Either you delete it, and then left it at that or replace it by something that does not impact on the fluidity of gameplay, as Warframe is a game that goes fast, you don't take the time to play carefully in this game, that will be DECENT, a good counter point to using explosive weapons. but just deleting it altogether would be the absolute best for the weapons, period. i shouldn't have either to restrict my choice of Warframe to only those who can tank damage because of my weapon choice.

and the second, more likely way, because with time, i've seriously grown to doubt about your ability to "accept defeat" we shall say. Just looking at Lich killing you, or finally giving vacuum to every pets. when you are hellbent on something, you will do everything to avoid giving the players, the people who play the game, what they want. what i fear would happen is that you delete self damage, but then nerf the weapons to S#&$. which would then accomplish absolutely nothing and we would be back at zero, with weapons that almost nobody uses.

this devstream will be the occasion to see if as developers, the Warframe team finally evolved and will be admitting their fault with this mechanic, era of an old, gone time, for a game that was VERY different from what warframe is now, today.

2 : starting to think about adding in Pexilus mods what people actually, really want. the one you know that would be wanted, not these "more damage or accuracy while gliding in the air" kind of BS. as of now, ammo mutation is of the VERY rare mods that are worth using pexilus for.

3 : pets. peeeets... companions, period. we are in a point in Warframe where they simply cannot survive decently. animals are idiots and will kill themselves. the health system is absolutely obscene, because if you want a tanky animal, you take a tanky frame, otherwise he's gonna get shredded. to add to the idiocy, if you revive your pet, no invulnerability timer, so they can get shot down on the spot right after being revived.

4 : the archwing delete button that every damn unit and their mothers have on open world places. it's not fun. it's not challenging or encouraging to use different archwings or anything. it's just a "you don't use archwing in combat" , and that sucks. do i also need to remind you one of the archwing you designed is MADE to be used for combat? this red missile thing needs to go. forever. it was a bad idea from the start, and have always been since now.

5 : Murmur Grind. you need to make it with a way to work on it passively, as in, if i'm on a node that the lich have influence, thralls will be spawning, even if it's not directly into a lich mission. second, the actual way we have now, we shall say, with intensive but so mind numbing thrall farm, as wlel as drastically reducing the murmur farm, and lastly, giving us a way to power farm the murmur. maybe a way to go fight the lich whenever we want without having to be at the mercy of his spawning RNG. this, plus the way it works actually make it bad to play in coop, making it better to farm thralls in solo. What the hell kind of game design is that?

6 :Kuva acquisition : players want a way to farm Kuva FAST, DE. not an "alternative method with similar gains to survival and others" . no. we need a real, hard, but also extremely rewarding, game mode that will reward loads of Kuva. so that you don't have to grind for an hour just to get a roll on a riven. another proof of your difficulty to admit when it's time to admit defeat. the rate of Kuva gain is ridiculous, and needs to be changed.

Make Rivens able to be worked on in an actual, smart ways. having progression. you can lock some stats on a riven, and rolling it will cost most kuva. and you can lock EVERY stats. not one or two, all of them. no need for artificial BS just to make the work toward a good riven stupid.

7 : The unholy synergy between Oberon healing abilities and Nekros shadows. correction, anti-synergy.

8 : kitguns : we need an actual shotgun like kitgun, as in, Hek, Strun, Tigris, whatever, as well as a sniper one. primary kitguns?

9 : The ability to queue multiple blueprint of the same items. when will we get the "x100" blueprint ?

10 : you'll have to look at the way you violently and brutally murdered Itzal's first ability, replacing it with what can only be described as a sick, lame joke. and also making blink easier / faster to use, the cooldown just sucks.

11 : Remove the required 5 forma thing to get all the Mastery EXP from Kuva weapons. it's stupid. None of them needs even 5 forma to work on top of that. it should ONLY be used if you want more mod draining capacity, and that's it.  for those who want to go really wild. but forcing people to dump 5 formas on them to get all the mastery exp? that's garbage.

12 : and lastly, the ultimate question : did these 7 years of development will have taught you anything about how to make an update, without having to bring back the SAME patches days, weeks or months ago? because you have up to now repeated the same mistakes very often. the most glaring ones being extraordinarily bad RNG being passed as difficulty, updates being content islands, and not giving us a way to properly progress our way up. these are mistakes that you have done repeatedly, things you should have figured out and learned of, by now.

damn that was a big post/edit.

While I agree with some of your points and guess you are in a bad mood, could you tone down the patronizing and the insults?

You can make your argumentation politely. No need for aggression 😕

7 minutes ago, (XB1)LostSpark13 said:

While I agree with some of your points and guess you are in a bad mood, could you tone down the patronizing and the insults?

You can make your argumentation politely. No need for aggression 😕

when the same mistakes are made over and over again, it's hard to stay polite, even more so when some stuff are obviously half-done. but i guess you are right.

*edit in progress*

well, nevermind. i have re-read about through my huge post, and if yes, the post in itself was extremely sharp and abrasive, it was in no way insulting to the dev, but their work. criticism, even if aggressive, is still legit. i have not insulted directly any developers, and stand on what i said, as some design choices truly weren't the wisest choices.

Any thoughts on Banshee touchups for this year? She's one of the older frames and her abilities kinda show her age. For example, all her abilities lock her into animations that wont let her move, and feels really clunky. Could she potentially get what Mag and Titania got on their animations? Like being able to move while casting, and stuff.

Maybe even some tweaks / revisions to her powers themselves?

2 hours ago, Mulchman said:

Massive OOF. This means no new content (at a minimum) until March or longer (3 Kuva weapons don't count as new content).

2020 is not looking good.

I think you mean massive YES. the biggest problem with DE has been their refusal to spend a dedicated ammount of time fixing legacy issues. Instead they feel they have to rush out content before its ready to please people like you. This results in layers of rng and grind because they don't have time to make it difficult any other way.

Will there a quest for bringing the lore of parazon and liches ? Please add huge lore to this content , liches have huge potentional for lore but we nearly have no lore about whole lich system other than how they are crated (How project started , what are the requiem mods and what are they telling to us, why void is reacting the lich project so we can farm requiem relics, what is parazon and how it can hurt beings with old blood , more lore about and blood of the accients concetp after all kuva even considred acient even for immortal orokins too ) 

Will you considering adding 6 minutes  long cinematic trailer on tennocon 2019 to opening of the game as a part of new player experience ? (please add that cinematic to the game)

1) Right now (and ever since Garuda's introduction), there are a number of things that can directly discourage players from using her signature claws (Garuda's Talons).

Will Garuda's Talons ever be able to equip a Focus Lens? As the only non-exalted weapon exclusive to a Warframe, it leaves players with a lopsided amount of equipped focus lenses for missions, if they choose to use Garuda's Talons. Will they also be able to take advantage of other things that exalted weapons cannot? Will Garuda's Talons ever qualify for Melee-only missions (Sortie, Alerts, etc)?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Garuda's_Talons

2) A short while back, there was a fix rolled out for some companions, which put the Left & Right Regalia on the correct side of the companion. Will other companions see this fix as well? They've been broken so long that I'd forgotten about it until the fix came through (and the fix only targeted some of those broken, not all).

Equipped thrown secondaries still do not allow crouch walking so is there any chance this can be fixed?

Will we get halls of ascension and silver grove style random rooms in other tilesets or even the same ones?

Can we have a bald cosmetic feature to Operator hairstyles?

Any chance of Operator suit tennogen?

Will the scaffold mesh facing the wrong way be fixed?

Will Nakak provide us with more Warframe operator face masks?

Archived