Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back self damage

(PSN)SaMwOw069

Bring back self damage please and get rid of stagger, I live for eidolon hunting and it has absolutely killed all the fun in it now it’s just frustrating, Stagger with the operator is just stupid, even when I’m in void mode if lag is bad it’s terrible 

Also if you run into something while on archwing out in Cetus then exit out of it it will stagger and glitch your warframe out and you cant jump or do anything it’s happened to me twice now ruining my night cycles. 

Everything else in the up date seems to be really good, just bring back self damage or you might as well delete chroma from the warframe list too you have absolutely killed him! I say toughen up we you want to use nuke weapons, I use exodia contagion all the time now it’s boring...

• Like 7

No.

If you have a problem with a specific interaction then put your feedback in the correct feedback forum. Also the loss of self-charging Vex Armor didn't kill Chroma and if anything highlights even more how much in need of a rework he is.

• Like 36

No thanks. I'm fine with self-damage staying removed, however the weapons that inflict self-stagger now could use some refinement.

If you can't use Chroma without needing to self-damage, perhaps he isn't the warframe for you.

"But explosions make it more realistic!" Tell me again what happens when I jump off the side of the Corpus Gas City into oblivion?

• Like 23

Yeah I know how to use chroma.. it’s just the efficiency of eidolon hunting with him now verses how it was with him before you have to get in your archwing sometimes and it ruins your buff! 
I agree if they don’t want to bring self damage back fix some of the weapons that deal stagger affect, I use the staticor to kill Voms when I’m using trinity and it’s terrible now, it never used to have any self damage 

It was realistic explosions before!!! It bloody killed you if you got too close to it!!

Why would you even get into archwing while doing eidolons unless youre going to the next location?

And if you say to avoid the magnetic screams, boy do I have a surprise for you: it's called a K-drive on a hotkey, and its total immunity from magnetic procs. And thats if you dont have a harrow with decent timing.

As far as DPS, I've never had a single issue with my Shock Trooper +309% damage Volt, but different styles for different players.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SaMwOw069 said:

It was realistic explosions before!!

21 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

Tell me again what happens when I jump off the side of the Corpus Gas City into oblivion?

• Like 2

Just now, Vaeldious said:

Why would you even get into archwing while doing eidolons unless youre going to the next location?

And if you say to avoid the magnetic screams, boy do I have a surprise for you: it's called a K-drive on a hotkey, and its total immunity from magnetic procs. And thats if you dont have a harrow with decent timing.

As far as DPS, I've never had a single issue with my Shock Trooper +309% damage Volt, but different styles for different players.

Why use them when you have arcane nullifier with 102% resistance to magnetic today?

• Like 2

vor 13 Stunden schrieb (PS4)SaMwOw069:

It was realistic explosions before!!! It bloody killed you if you got too close to it!!

Sure, lets take realism into account of a game which has basically space wizards and biologial armors running on seemingly endless energy without a realsitic powersource on or in them. Or how you can stay inside a exploding space ship and still be fine, or getting shredded in pieces and just respawn, "reviving" a Moa, a robotoic creature bleeding? Should i go on?

This is always the dumbest excuse i have to hear about such games, "But it's realiistic!" If i goddamn want realism i go to the army buddy.

I want to PLAY a goddamn game and enjoy and waste my time how i want, this is basically those dumb kiddies, not insulting you but in general, which think how cool and realistic Call of Duty is, while in reality it makes a joke of itself, same for movies, tryign to be try hard serious and realistic only making them look even more of a joke afterwards, especially by dumb moments or even bugs that can't get fixed.

End of rant here, excusing myself if i insulted anyone.

On the topic itself, i rather have this stagger now then self damage, mostly because i now can finally use certain weapons even with squishy frames without having to build for damage absorbtion or having to rely on only tanky frames. Sure it could need soem tweaks still but by god i stopped counting how often i killed myself becasue a teammate jumped right into my shot.

This is not Left for Dead simply as example to duck and teammate shoots over you, it was about time self damage was gone, same goes for friendly fire which gladly never was a thing as far i recall, except radiation as mechanic or Mutalist Alad V taking you over. It not fits in this game, would you want as example Diablo have the sorceress fire balls also kill yourself if to close? Or hit your Team? It is simply the same there, also a looter game, hell, Borderlands has self damge and it can be annoying but you not have the fast gameplay and enemy amount there so it is more controlable there, here, in Warframe it has no place anymore.

Edited by Marine027
Typos
  • Like 2

They just need to use common sense for certain things. Like the Operator's Shraksun Scaffold should not do Self Damage and should not Stagger either. The range is too small and just makes the weapon concept illogical. I'd take self damage over the stagger though for that specific weapon. The OP is 100% right and just in this regard.

Edited by Wolfdoggie
  • Like 3

A line from a video I've re-watched recently comes to mind:

"And now, all the game developers will throw down and stamp their baseball caps they got free at GDC and cry, 'He's officially impossible to please!'"

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

"But explosions make it more realistic!" Tell me again what happens when I jump off the side of the Corpus Gas City into oblivion?

you get rejected by the Corpus money machine that doesn't approve of you trying to contaminate the Gases they're trying to harvest and refine into goods to sell.

:>

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

No thanks. I'm fine with self-damage staying removed, however the weapons that inflict self-stagger now could use some refinement.

If you can't use Chroma without needing to self-damage, perhaps he isn't the warframe for you.

or perhaps, chroma is a bad game design/choice from Digital Extremes and needs a good rework. What kind of an idiot not expect to exploit the damage buff on chroma due to the simplest self damage path? This is warfame, aka a fast paced based, not a turn based game here you need to wait for who knows how long before getting damaged enough for the buff to work. i would rather just have him a combo system/ energy system similar to baruuk for his damage buffs now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

or perhaps, chroma is a bad game design/choice from Digital Extremes and needs a good rework.

Never said he didn't need a rework. Saying Chroma is "absolutely killed" is completely wrong and something inexperienced players say because they have no understanding of how Chroma actually works, or don't know any different way to use him other than self-cheese methods.

8 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

What kind of an idiot not expect to exploit the damage buff on chroma due to the simplest self damage path?

Guess you'll have to use Chroma now like he was intended to be used until if/when he does get a rework. Oh darn.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

Never said he didn't need a rework. Saying Chroma is "absolutely killed" is completely wrong and something inexperienced players say because they have no understanding of how Chroma actually works, or don't know any different way to use him other than self-cheese methods.

Guess you'll have to use Chroma now like he was intended to be used until if/when he does get a rework. Oh darn.

guess not, i can just switch to rhino or mirage. why bother with a gimped chroma. i would rather DE rework him properly than touch him anytime soon. his playstyle now isn't "intended" just because a couple of whiny crybabies kept killing themselves with their kuva brammas and lenz

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

i agree with you on this point,  when my brother and i hunt eidolons (only the 1st two, we dont have enought firepower to take em down fast enough for the third one) i use the eidolons own attacks to power my vex armor, its more than enough to get my chroma up to full charge

• Like 3