Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battalyst Laser Attack Needs A Nerf

(XBOX)SanctusRuin

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

This.

Warframe in general needs way better conveyance. Trying to find the one dude shooting you with invisible hitscan bullets, anyone?

I hate this when you're on the plains and you keep getting the hit indicator in archwing but can't locate the shooter. I know they have their armor modeled after the environment but ain't no way a grineer over 300-400-500 meters is shooting me in the sky with a grakata. Even on thr ground, from that distance, they should have some difficulty seeing us to shoot.

4 hours ago, (XB1)xXSosukeAizenXx said:

In the Scarlet Spear event, once the Battalysts get to a certain level their laser beam attack seems to one shot just about everyone no matter who they are. I am usually Frost for the event and even with all 3 Umbral Mods on him I still seem to die in one or two hits from the laser beam attack which really makes fighting the Battalysts not fun. I shouldn't be dying so quickly when I have over 900 armor, over 900 HP, and Tau resistance from the 3 Umbral mods.

Wait, you have the sentients not 100% CCed the entire time? There is your problem. Play something with AOE CC. Thank me later.

To be fair, even before the event I think the Battalysts unnecessarily too much damage. They always killed my sentient droids... when the show-up in a level 5 Kuva on Lua. So lame. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Please no nerfs to The Sentients.

They are suppose to be the most difficult faction in the game. I personally want to see them get buffed a little more 🤷‍♂️

multiple unavoidable disco lasers of death going off 360 degrees at once and one shotting is not difficult. it's just a pain.

the problem is that Sentients are still scaled to where you only fight a couple at a time, like on Lua or the Anomaly Ships, yet in this event - and likley future ones - you're fighting nearly as many of them at once as you would other factions. not so bad when it's just Brachiolysts, but later on they do start throwing 4-5 Battalysts at once at you, and if they all go Discoball at once, you're screwed unelss you can transfer to void mode in time. bear in mind that towards the end of a ground run they are way over level 100, and one laser can decimate even the tankiest frames, and they have like 8 lasers rotating at once.  imagine trying to fight a full squad of Revenants using Danse Macabre in unison...

if they just did it less often, or dealt about half as much damage with that one attack as they do now, they'd be fine. I'm fine with the attack being hard to avoid, but having it be hard to avoid AND dealing that level of damage is a bit crazy IMO. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Please no nerfs to The Sentients.

They are suppose to be the most difficult faction in the game. I personally want to see them get buffed a little more 🤷‍♂️

So difficult means high numbers like usual? good to know.

• Like 1

if you want use survival capabilities then you should of use Vazarin focus to heal your frame, it is still can heal frame in standing still which it takes a while to be fully heal but it works.  at the time being I don't think they need nerf. It just depending on who is teaming up with you either nova or mag either in their prime mode on to shred armor and shields which they both work so dang good to help out other players but there is have to be sacrifice in made of chose for a build.

If you had Adaptation mod you would survived longer more in the fight for you got nothing to complain about that and if you did all the map missions you may enter the Arbertation mode to try get the Adaptation mod which this even help even more further fighting against the Tau.

So this is all depending what is your build, the focus school, the weapons of chose, and your arcane for there is no reason to nerf the sentient for this is why they are this powerful like FOLLOWING THE LORE IT SPEAKS!  Please we are not looking for something to break the lore or making it canon.

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

So difficult means high numbers like usual? good to know.

Do you have a better shape of difficulty? Battalyst laser disco ball is what I usually see on higher level enemies on other games where you have to dodge it instead of tanking it

The thing i noticed about the laser disco attack is that my baruuk gets damaged by it even when he is in evasion mode (with 200% range)

Which implies it is not a directed attacks , its an AOE attack (Baruuk cannot evade AoE attacks)

They dont need a nerf , but they actually need to show the proper damage area and positioning.

One could of course just move under the sentient once you realise its a safe zone but i dislike the part that the graphics dont match.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
range not damage
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

multiple unavoidable disco lasers of death going off 360 degrees at once and one shotting is not difficult. it's just a pain.

the problem is that Sentients are still scaled to where you only fight a couple at a time, like on Lua or the Anomaly Ships, yet in this event - and likley future ones - you're fighting nearly as many of them at once as you would other factions. not so bad when it's just Brachiolysts, but later on they do start throwing 4-5 Battalysts at once at you, and if they all go Discoball at once, you're screwed unelss you can transfer to void mode in time. bear in mind that towards the end of a ground run they are way over level 100, and one laser can decimate even the tankiest frames, and they have like 8 lasers rotating at once.  imagine trying to fight a full squad of Revenants using Danse Macabre in unison...

if they just did it less often, or dealt about half as much damage with that one attack as they do now, they'd be fine. I'm fine with the attack being hard to avoid, but having it be hard to avoid AND dealing that level of damage is a bit crazy IMO. 

If 4 people cant kill a sentient theres no excuse: you or someone in your group is seriously lacking in tactics, mods, or is legitimately afk.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dante said:

Their attacks are incredibely easy to dodge though, if you notice them start it. Simply running around them does the trick. With exception of the "disco laser" attack, that is. But then again, you could just jump up to dodge it, and maybe cling to a wall.

6 hours ago, SpacewalkerX said:

are you talking about the disco attack? that is very clearly telegraphed for people to get out of the way.

It would be, if this was a skill-based game where telegraphed attacks were actually a factor in gameplay, and not a game where enemies will just surround you and pop off every attack they have until all targets are dead. But as it stands,

7 hours ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

They don't need a nerf, they need better animation indicators. I get hit by "invisible" lasers when I'm supposedly not stepping into the beams range, sometimes even when I move under them.

• Like 1

Its attack is fine, they just need better visual indicator and better animation syncing and limit spawn (if not yet for both Batta & Conculyst) true to its type per group/wave. You don't want their attacks to cover the whole map in combination is bunch of Conculysts' spin to win.

Maybe instead of nerfing the damage the camera could zoom in and focus on them doing their attack while entering a sort of "slow-motion" mode with the Lotus or Little Duck or Cephalon Shy popping up and going "look out Tenno its charging its laser attack". 

Edited by Acos

10 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Just as I thought, every time DE adds challenging content the casual majority comes in to nerf that challenge. Welp, only a matter of time before DE nerfs Battalyst. 

Better fix would be to fix the bugs where the laser hitbox doesn’t sync with the laser visuals.

So you think the enemies getting to play with a lag switch is good game design? Getting murdered by an enemy because their attack animations dont actually line up with the attacks hitbox is kinda busted. But keep being a pretentious $&*^rider.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 844448 said:

Do you have a better shape of difficulty? Battalyst laser disco ball is what I usually see on higher level enemies on other games where you have to dodge it instead of tanking it

You can't dodge the laser thingy, is a radial attack, but let's be fair, if we could shoot the thing down (since it is a separate entity from the sentient once deployed) then it would be a more dynamic fight, the problem as usual in this game comes from the attacks being able to instantly 2-shot you.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You can't dodge the laser thingy, is a radial attack, but let's be fair, if we could shoot the thing down (since it is a separate entity from the sentient once deployed) then it would be a more dynamic fight, the problem as usual in this game comes from the attacks being able to instantly 2-shot you.

I dodge the lasers by either hiding behind something or roll to get under the battalyst. 85% damage reduction from roll helps well enough to preserve your shields from getting depleted instantly and standing below it will make all the lasers unable to hit you, looks dynamic enough for me unless player in question is a potato that doesn't move much with inaros

• Like 1